Clemson University Employee Reviews in United States

Large, Public university with varying student types
Graduate Assistant for Fraternities and Sororities (Current Employee) –  Clemson, South CarolinaApril 6, 2015
Clemson University strives to deliver high-caliber students of all types to move on to successful careers. The staff and faculty are friendly and available.
Fun and easy job for college students.
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sikes HallDecember 2, 2014
A typical day consisted of fielding and redirecting many calls to the proper department as well as creating enrollment verification forms for parents so their children could remain under their insurance.

I learned good communications skills as well as how to work with my peers. The hardest part of the job was the sheer volume of calls that could come in one day. The best part of the job was the easy atmosphere in the office
Pros
company parties
Cons
low wages
Good Prof with great work environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson,SCMarch 20, 2015
Intelligent river is a great project which had a direct implication on environment. Professor were really kind and helped me to improve my skills very much.
Pros
Work from home, Good pay
Cons
Too much cross platforms
Good
Research assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJune 16, 2015
it is a great fun place for receiving education. Very well known throughout the US for both academics and football. Highly recommended.
Highly productive and most learning place I have ever seen.
Grading Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCMarch 12, 2015
I learnt that my inclination towards the domain I am pursuing my higher education in. The people are helpful and the atmosphere thus created is awesome
Pros
good working environment
Cons
managing staff
Excellent department with friendly professors who are willing to listen to your ideas
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  EEES, Clemson, SCJanuary 4, 2015
Came here to do research and got ample opportunities to conduct research. A typical day at work would be sampling sediment in the local lake and subjecting it to various tests to predict PCB concentration
Pros
calm and serene place, equipments
Fun Place To Work
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCMarch 23, 2015
For Supplemental instruction, I was given the opportunity to help students learn in ways that they had not previously thought of. While it was challenging, I was able to learn and grow from the job as well.
Fun and exciting
STUDENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCMarch 25, 2015
Fun environment, all working towards the Solid Orange mission and athletic department growth. Loved it! Did administrative tasks, helped the coaches, and supported the department in various ways. Go Tigers!
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCMarch 12, 2015
I am going to Clemson University for a Master's Degree in electrical engineering with an emphasis in electromagnetics. I am a graduate teaching assistant and I teach undergraduate circuits labs.
Fun and interactive work environment
Bridge to Clemson Intern (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCSeptember 30, 2014
I spent a great deal of time mentoring freshman students at a local technical college. I was able to build relationships with students as well as coach them to assist in their transition from high school to college. I worked closely with two other interns and our supervisor. The most enjoyable part of the job was the events we were able to put on for students.
Excellent place to work and live
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jim Self Center on the FutureJanuary 13, 2015
Clemson is an excellent place to conduct the work of a graduate research assistant or a graduate teaching assistant. The only drawback is that it does not maintain competitive compensation rates with other peer universities/institutions.
Productive and Rewarding
Research Associate (Human-Centered Computing) (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCAugust 22, 2014
***I was a non-student research associate, not a faculty member***
I had a great time working within Clemson's Human-Centered Computing department. While I did not have an easy position, I was able to work with some fantastic faculty members. I don't have enough experience to say anything valuable about management or general environment, but my immediate co-workers were energetic, imaginative, and very hard-working.
Productive and fun
Instrutional Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  ClemsonMarch 29, 2015
Great place with good learning

Big company with many people

Interesting new technologies to work on

Hierarchical management and slow growth
Student worker
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJune 16, 2014
A typical day of my work for the library at Clemson would involve me basically driving a van around campus and delivering documents that were requested by staff or grad students from other libraries. The greatest thing I learned from this job, besides obtaining my degree from Clemson, would be the fact that I learned that college teachers and professors are real people. Conversations that would occur from time to time helped me accept that criticism from a superior is basically a request from them for improvements on my behalf. This lesson makes me want to become a teacher in ways.
Graduate Assistantship for Master's Degree
❸ Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCAugust 13, 2014
I attended Clemson University graduate school to obtain a Master's degree in Counseling Education: Student Affairs. I really like the campus environment and events that were available at the university. I worked with Clemson University Sports Medicine for my assistantship, and had many great experiences with the collegiete teams. My work/life balace was poor due to team practices/activities plus attending graduate courses in the evening after work, but all of it was worth the dedication and committment! I truly recommend Clemson University for obtaining a higher education and choosing a successful career path.
Pros
apparrel, gear, free attendance to athletic events, clemson athletics resources, evening graduate courses
Cons
long/extended work hours
Exciting sports environment
Football Equipment Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCOctober 22, 2014
• Manage a team of 18 student equipment managers
• Fill equipment orders for coaches and other various staff members
• Coordinate practice and game day sideline operations including coaching communication software
• Issue gear and equipment to a team of 120 players.
Fun and Productive workplace
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCMay 26, 2014
Typical say at work was fulfilling and every task felt like it mattered somehow. I learned how to deal with people under my care, how to work with peers, and how earn the respect of my supervisors. My direct supervisors were warm and willing to do what I took to make my job possible to accomplish. My co-workers were always willing to lend a hand. The hardest part of the job was simply realizing when it was time to step back and let things develop without you.
Pros
free food and housing
Cons
no healthcare or benefits
Student Position
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCApril 21, 2014
Because this was a student position, this role and my employers were very supportive of my school life. I was able to complete all task during work. It involved reorganizing the filing systems, taking inventory, and completing all tasks requested by my boss. I enjoyed working for Clemson because they understood the role of a student more than most employers. It was a administrative assistant role with tasks that were not challenging. I enjoyed this because I was challenged so much in classes.
Productive and Welcoming Environment
PhD student (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCMarch 7, 2014
A typical day at work begins with a warm "Good morning" by the coworkers, faculty, and staff. Everyone is eager and happy to start the day. Juggling classes, research, teaching, and supervising undergraduate students is sometimes a challenge, one that is easily overcome with good organizational skills and efficient time management. The most enjoyable part of the job is the strong relationship between the coworkers, always willing to help each other and support everyone in bettering themselves. There is never a dull or inefficient day.
Pros
coworkers, environment, attitude
Cons
healthcare, compensation
Fast paced job filled with endless fullfilment
Orientation Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCFebruary 25, 2014
I learned more about society and the people in it from this job than anywhere else. I was exposed to every kind of person there was in the world and the proper way to deal with them. Diverse co-workers provided insight to parts of society I could not initially relate to. Orientation chages lives, not only for the students but for the employees as well.
Pros
ability to change the lives of over 3000 students
Cons
small pay for hours works

4.5