Clemson University Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent place to work.
Director/Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCAugust 30, 2015
Dynamic environment. Leadership during my time of employment was very good. I had lots of autonomy and flexibility in my position.
It was a excellent experience
Clean up crew (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCFebruary 16, 2015
A typical day started with going to a designated area and working to make sure the dumpers didn't run over. I learned how to help the university stay on top of their recycling project. The management was very organized and very understanding if we had any questions. It was a good experience to work with the co-workers, they made the job enjoyable but knew how to be on top of everything. The hardest part of the job was making sure the dumpsters didn't run over and making sure the students made neat piles so it didn't make a mess. The most enjoyable part of the job was having to climb t\in the dumpster when they got to full and separate all the boxes from the others stuff to be recycled.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
hot weather
Friendly Work Environment
Intramural Sports Manager (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCApril 14, 2015
I really enjoy everything about my job, from interacting with patrons to setting up and taking down the fields everyday. The Intramural Sports Manager job taught me a lot about customer service and how to properly interact with my superiors. I look forward to coming back in the fall.
University setting
Interim Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCJuly 29, 2015
The ability to be motivated it very important. There are a million perks and the location is excellent. The facility and staff are terrific to work for
Wonderful work experience and opportunity
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCApril 6, 2015
Working as a Resident Assistant was a wonderful experience. Clemson University instilled a sense of leadership, and teamwork in order to seamlessly provide excellent support to our coworkers and students.
Pros
Opportunity to work with students
Cons
Can only be an RA while in college
Fun and easy job for college students.
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sikes HallDecember 2, 2014
A typical day consisted of fielding and redirecting many calls to the proper department as well as creating enrollment verification forms for parents so their children could remain under their insurance.

I learned good communications skills as well as how to work with my peers. The hardest part of the job was the sheer volume of calls that could come in one day. The best part of the job was the easy atmosphere in the office
Pros
company parties
Cons
low wages
Large, Public university with varying student types
Graduate Assistant for Fraternities and Sororities (Current Employee) –  Clemson, South CarolinaApril 6, 2015
Clemson University strives to deliver high-caliber students of all types to move on to successful careers. The staff and faculty are friendly and available.
This is a test.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJuly 22, 2015
No real complaints about working here. Was an internship, so no real complaints.Pay was good, no real complaints there.
Excellent department with friendly professors who are willing to listen to your ideas
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  EEES, Clemson, SCJanuary 4, 2015
Came here to do research and got ample opportunities to conduct research. A typical day at work would be sampling sediment in the local lake and subjecting it to various tests to predict PCB concentration
Pros
calm and serene place, equipments
Good Prof with great work environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson,SCMarch 20, 2015
Intelligent river is a great project which had a direct implication on environment. Professor were really kind and helped me to improve my skills very much.
Pros
Work from home, Good pay
Cons
Too much cross platforms
Highly productive and most learning place I have ever seen.
Grading Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCMarch 12, 2015
I learnt that my inclination towards the domain I am pursuing my higher education in. The people are helpful and the atmosphere thus created is awesome
Pros
good working environment
Cons
managing staff
Fun and interactive work environment
Bridge to Clemson Intern (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCSeptember 30, 2014
I spent a great deal of time mentoring freshman students at a local technical college. I was able to build relationships with students as well as coach them to assist in their transition from high school to college. I worked closely with two other interns and our supervisor. The most enjoyable part of the job was the events we were able to put on for students.
Productive and Rewarding
Research Associate (Human-Centered Computing) (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCAugust 22, 2014
***I was a non-student research associate, not a faculty member***
I had a great time working within Clemson's Human-Centered Computing department. While I did not have an easy position, I was able to work with some fantastic faculty members. I don't have enough experience to say anything valuable about management or general environment, but my immediate co-workers were energetic, imaginative, and very hard-working.
Fun Place To Work
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCMarch 23, 2015
For Supplemental instruction, I was given the opportunity to help students learn in ways that they had not previously thought of. While it was challenging, I was able to learn and grow from the job as well.
Good
Research assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJune 16, 2015
it is a great fun place for receiving education. Very well known throughout the US for both academics and football. Highly recommended.
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCMarch 12, 2015
I am going to Clemson University for a Master's Degree in electrical engineering with an emphasis in electromagnetics. I am a graduate teaching assistant and I teach undergraduate circuits labs.
Fun and exciting
STUDENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCMarch 25, 2015
Fun environment, all working towards the Solid Orange mission and athletic department growth. Loved it! Did administrative tasks, helped the coaches, and supported the department in various ways. Go Tigers!
Student worker
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCJune 16, 2014
A typical day of my work for the library at Clemson would involve me basically driving a van around campus and delivering documents that were requested by staff or grad students from other libraries. The greatest thing I learned from this job, besides obtaining my degree from Clemson, would be the fact that I learned that college teachers and professors are real people. Conversations that would occur from time to time helped me accept that criticism from a superior is basically a request from them for improvements on my behalf. This lesson makes me want to become a teacher in ways.
Fun and Productive workplace
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clemson, SCMay 26, 2014
Typical say at work was fulfilling and every task felt like it mattered somehow. I learned how to deal with people under my care, how to work with peers, and how earn the respect of my supervisors. My direct supervisors were warm and willing to do what I took to make my job possible to accomplish. My co-workers were always willing to lend a hand. The hardest part of the job was simply realizing when it was time to step back and let things develop without you.
Pros
free food and housing
Cons
no healthcare or benefits
Student Position
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCApril 21, 2014
Because this was a student position, this role and my employers were very supportive of my school life. I was able to complete all task during work. It involved reorganizing the filing systems, taking inventory, and completing all tasks requested by my boss. I enjoyed working for Clemson because they understood the role of a student more than most employers. It was a administrative assistant role with tasks that were not challenging. I enjoyed this because I was challenged so much in classes.

4.5