Cleveland Clinic

Cleveland Clinic Employee Reviews

Great learning experience for an extern
Medical Assistant Extern Student (Former Employee), Westlake, OHJune 29, 2015
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: a lot of down time
I was an unpaid extern but from what I was told, the pay was undesirable and the benefits minimal. I wish there were more patients for me to have practiced my skills with but for a majority of my time there, not may patients had come in. That being said, it was always a fun time, staff would treat me very well and liked to make me feel comfortable. When I did see patients, the encounters with them were lovely and the children were comfortable with the setting and staff. Getting vitals was enjoyable, and the nurses/medical assistants were an amazing help!
a wonderful place to work if you like helping people
dietary aide (Former Employee), cleveland,ohioJune 29, 2015
I clock in get on the elevator walk into the pantry greet everyone and start making trays . I learned that sick people have wonderful personalities under the circumstances I also learned about different diets
I started working at the CC as a new nurse. It was very challenging. The best part of the profession was being able to help someone.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 29, 2015
I would recommend the Cleveland Clinic to anyone in need of care. The nursing staff provides excellent care to patients.
CPD non certified tech
Central Processing (Non Certified Technician) (Former Employee), Mayfield, OHJune 28, 2015
The hours I worked were family friendly, Management was lacking in some capacity, I was sometimes left with no direction as a new employee however there benefits were very good, however the CPD tech position I feel required a higher pay grade due to the importance in that role.
its was a productive enviornment and a great learning experience
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Euclid {main campus}June 28, 2015
Pros: Free drinks for all employees with the new management.
Cons: Higher pricing healthcare
Im usually the first to get there so I type in the paper menus into the computer, answer the phone etc.

I've learned a lot of different medical names, diets and their meanings etc.

My manager was the best.

My coworkers and I worked really well together

The hardest part of my job was was seeing all those sick kids and babies all day long. The M building that I was assigned too was the children building.

Most enjoyable part was always when a patient get to go home and when there's a new born sometimes we get the bottle feed them.
Productive and fun work environment
Student Physical Therapist (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 25, 2015
Interaction with all disciplines with great communication and teamwork. Enjoyable work environment with great personnel. High quality facility with good advanced medical care.
great work culture
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 25, 2015
Pros: working for a very reputable company
Cons: conflicting hours
A typical day at Cleveland clinic was fast pace and continuous learning. Management was fair and great to work for that promoted team work. The hardest part was the length of the shifts sometimes with no break.
Wonderful Externship Experience!
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Solon, OHJune 25, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
Fast-paced office environment; Back office and some front office duties; Greet and roomed patients; case histories, vitals; Assisted physicians w/various procedures including shoulder post-surgical, removal of carcinomas, aerosol breathing treatments; over 160 injections, blood draws, EKG’s; FAA vision screenings, ear irrigations, Urine dips, HCG/Sugar testing, CNS (cultures), Hemoccults, throat cultures; Set-up surgical trays and assisted w/procedures; Sterilization of equipment Used Allscripts charting software to enter patient demographics, enter case histories and vitals, medications, patient test results from various hospitals; called in prescriptions (all classes); Helped with billing; Scheduling; Phones.
be all you can be with a gym and pool
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 24, 2015
you have an opportunity to work in several different departments and go to school while the employer helps pay your tuition
Excellent benefits but lack of opportunities of career development or transition
Research Associate Scientist (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 24, 2015
Pros: Friendly co-workers, Excellent health and retirement benefits
Cons: Limited or no opportunities of career development and transition
Excellent Hospital and health system with great benefits. However, not much opportunity to grow as a researcher or scientist
Over all is a good company to work for
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Medical AssistantJune 23, 2015
Pros: Benfits
Cons: Parking
The benfits are good, for the most part. But like all companies there can be some pros and cons. But for the most part its been an over all good experiance
good learning place
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 22, 2015
good place to learn and grow at. its a lot of things can be learn working , during extern or intern. good place to healthy at.
Combining the business of healthcare and “patient’s first” at Cleveland Clinic.
PFS Financial Representative II (Former Employee), Independence, OHJune 22, 2015
Pros: Learning new skills, training and mentoring new employees, being a "go to person" for problem solving
Cons: Shift work, toxic corporate culture at times, being passed over for a promotion
As a care giver at Cleveland Clinic my focus was providing the best patient experience possible. As a member of the Patient Financial Service team I worked to insure patients were registered correctly to insure prompt payment from insurance companies. If a patient did not have insurance I helped them in completing an application for financial assistance.

In the emergency room as a Patient Access Representative I worked directly with patients and their families. In the fast pace of the ER the ability to remain professional under the most stressful of circumstances was extremely important. Communicating with patients and co-workers while being compliant with HIPAA and EMTALA was a top priority at all times. I gained experience in problem solving and learned to be proactive versus reactive when potential issues arose.

When I transferred to the Central Business office at Cleveland Clinic I worked with commercial and government payers to resolve denials. I was responsible for submitting proper documentation to support the level of care given. I decreased denials by 2% - 5% each month for the Weston Florida Cleveland Clinic facility. I also worked with five of the Northeast Ohio Cleveland Clinic facilities.

The best part of my job is knowing I made a difference, that I helped someone through a difficult experience. The hardest part of my job were the times when the team broke down and no longer worked together. I enjoyed my job and am very proud of the work I did at Cleveland Clinic.
fun
pharmacy technician intern (Former Employee), Weston, FLJune 19, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
this is a fun location to work in. everyone is extremely nice and the environment is comfortable. management is friendly and very approachable.
Employee-friendly company
Systems Engineer I (Current Employee), Beachwood, OHJune 19, 2015
Pros: Fitness center
Cons: Long days
Cleveland Clinic has a compassionate corporate culture, which is no surprise because they're a hospital A typical day of work would include lots of paperwork and at least one meeting.
Management treats employees fair, but they're disconnected and hands-off. Co-workers are great and there is very little politics.
It's really hard to write documentation and project plans all day, especially knowing most of it will never be seen again.
The most enjoyable part is the beautiful office campus.
i loved what i did
Parking Attendant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 18, 2015
i learn about the clinic in its self and i learn how to greet people the way you are suppose to i learn how to drive a stick i meet a lot of the cleveland cavers and i helped them with there cars etc.
Retail
Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 18, 2015
Pros: Learned about the retail business
Cons: pay for a high school studen was low in the 80's.
this was my very 1st job in high school. I loved it! Met some great coworkers and customers. Learned how retail works, which was really intriguing, much tougher than I thought (at that time).
World-Class Healthcare
Nuclear Medicine Clinical Student (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 15, 2015
The Main Campus has a very fast-paced work environment. Hillcrest Hospital was slower, but still very busy. The breadth of studies at all campuses exceeds the ordinary.
It is a beautiful place to work as far as environment. It is a big place so its hard to make friends.
Medical Records/HIM (Former Employee), Weston, FLJune 14, 2015
A typical day at work is very quiet and everyone is focus on doing their job.
I leaned a lot, but I basically teach myself.
The management communication is poor.
Co-worker are very cool and helpful except management.
The hardest part about the job is not getting the proper training.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the job itself.
Enjoyable place to work for.
Senior Computer Operator (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 12, 2015
Friendly and relaxed environment. Cleveland Clinic allowed me to provide for my family. I would highly recommend Cleveland Clinic.

1 2 3 4 5

About Cleveland Clinic

Cleveland Clinic, located in Cleveland, Ohio, is a not-for-profit multispecialty academic medical center that integrates clinical – Read more

Cleveland Clinic Salaries

$11.79 per hour

Cleveland Clinic Photos

Main Campus Cleveland Clinic
Insurance Department Weekly Meeting
Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health by architect Frank Gehry (2)