Cleveland Clinic

Cleveland Clinic Employee Reviews

Job Security and advancement
Medical Secretary (Former Employee), Cleveland Clinic Main CampusAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Excellent place to work with Job security
Cons: Work can be very stressful at times
Cleveland Clinic is an excellent place to work, there is job security and an excellent place to work with advancement, the management is fair and understanding to the needs of their employees, the job culture is diverse. The benefit and compensation is good.
Very professional and caring people to work with, who practice real emdicine.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 31, 2015
Cleveland clinic is a great hospital with " Patient First" logo which completely reflects it . Its a very professional organization which cares about it's patients and employees.
Productive and Efficient workplace
Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Solon, OHJuly 31, 2015
Oversee the daily operations of the high volume Nurse on Call Telehealth Triage Department to improve productivity and efficiency. A typical day is fast paced and changes from day to day. I Identify project requirements by analyzing operations, determining project scopes while maintaining patient first philosophies. Recruit and interview possible candidates for the department.
I have learned expert skills within Business operations and project management. I have also learned a lot involving Human Resources while working with a staff of 40 employees.
Management is a team of myself and three others. We all work together alongside HR to oversee 40 employees.
My co workers are all very hard workers and team players consisting of clinical and non clinical backgrounds.
The hardest part of the job are the complex reports and gathering of specific data that may be required in order to successfully complete projects.
The most enjoyable part of the job are the new challenges that arise with each project as well as the "no day is the same."
good learning experience
Personal Care Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 30, 2015
Pros: patients and medical staff
Cons: nothing
Was amazed at what I learned there and the staff was very helpful. Patients were also very nice and the experience that I had was put to good use at work and in my home life.
Able to help others
Athletic Trainer (Former Employee), Warrensville Heights, OHJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Being active in the community
Cons: Pay, lack of advancement opportunities
A typical day was arriving at around noon and treating patients until I had to report to a local high school for athletics practices as the Certified Athletic Trainer.
The job setting was in an economically challenged community which presented a myriad of different expectations and new challenges on a daily basis.
I really enjoyed my immediate supervisors and I had an overall very positive experience that opened my eyes to many new things for me personally and professionally.
Transporting
Patient Transporter (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 30, 2015
Place where you can advance and is known nationwide. I love the fact when I tell people where I work they are very impressed.
Cleveland Clinic is a large corporation
Clinical Analyst (Current Employee), Beachwood, OHJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, good PTO accrual rates
Cons: Unstable IT positions, work from home not available
Typical large corporation, issues which management. Company provides great benefits. Unstable work environment-may outsource IT jobs.
Overall I enjoyed my early years of employment. Over the years seen many changes.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Solon, OHJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Benefits, locations
Cons: Busy, short staffed sometimes
Very large company,extremely busy.It was a very good experience.
I held total of four different positions,learning new procedures with each. I regret not taking advantage of School reimbursement. I think it's a great place to work, opportunityto advance and continue education.
Enjoyed meeting new Staff and co-workers.
n/a
Patient Care Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Mayfield Heights, OHJuly 29, 2015
Management sucked..lots of favoritism...very over bearing to the patients and lots of unnecessary things to do that takes away from patient care. not enough money to take care of yourself or family but, wants you to work extra hard to make the company look good straight bull..you treat the people right they treat you right
Malignant Environment
Psych NP (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 26, 2015
Pros: When work was over.
Cons: Everything else.
Lowest rating possible.
Cleveland Clinic is only MD driven.
NO Nurse Practitioner should consider working there. Ever.
They love to use the term "Mid-Level" which they know is insulting, but they continue to use it.
Most of the MDs are arrogant, and in my opinion, ie Patient Outcomes - had little reason to be so.
The "head RN" even sent out a long ridiculous email warning DNPs to be very careful not to use Doctor in their labeling.
The environment is beyond lackluster - most of the people are odd, unfriendly, and lack common courtesy.
There are many reasons Cleveland Clinic is financially troubled.
NPs and PAs CONSTANTLY leave, I saw it Weekly.
Do not let them convince you otherwise.
Great facility practicing latest evidence based medicine
Assistant Nurse Manager / Relief Charge SICU/CVICU (Former Employee), Weston, FLJuly 26, 2015
Nursing management of patients with complex diseases and surgical procedures. Critical care nursing staff education and resource.
Provides excellent innovative patient centered care in a teaching environment.
Transplant Coordinator (Current Employee), Weston, FLJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Tuition Reimbursement, excellent benefits
Cons: under resourced, salary below community standard
Patient's receive superior, advanced, innovative care from talented world renowned clinicians. This is a not for profit organization that while advanced in their care delivery are well behind community standard in salary and human resources. They need to look at improving staffing ratios expecially in the out patient service areas.
Hard working , multi talented, Medical Assistant/Admin. Asst
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Free services, paid lunch, different job titles throughout week
Cons: Schedule switching up literally an hour before work, short lunch breaks, the sadness of our patients
Basically I try to get to work a few minutes early so I know what the day is going to have in store for me. With that information I am able to prepare my mind and get my work priorities in order. Once I have that part of my day prepared-the rest of the day runs smoothly. Or a little more smoothly than a rushed, frazzled type morning.

These small steps I take in the a.m., really do make for a better outcome at the end of the day. From working hands on with patients, as well as working on projects needed to be finished to make the patients and doctors of course, happy.
Exciting place to work
Patient Care Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 23, 2015
I loved to work on a medical surgical unit. It provided me with great experiences to last forever. I also learned a lot from the nurses and how they care for patients.
The Clinic is a nice place to start working for and to get experience.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 22, 2015
I worked with some very hard working Respiratory Therapists who put their all into each day. Those are the people I miss the most.
Productive, Positive Work Environment
Job Shadowing - Facility Compliance (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 20, 2015
It was a great experience and really enjoyed watching the processes that go about in order to obtain life and fire safety codes.
Wonderful team to work with
Hospice and Palliative Care Liaison (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 15, 2015
Fantastic doctors, nurses, and social workers making an impact in promoting good end of life care. Collaboration between all disciplines to assist patients and families in discussing and implementing their goals
Fast paced, patients first environment
Patient Care Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Meet variery of people, advancement opportunities
Cons: Short breaks, some days there is little help
A typical day starts with me getting report from nurses based on the zone I will be working. There are 24 rooms on my unit and I could have from 8-24 patients/day. I then introduce myself to each patient, tell them my role and what to expect thruout the day. My baths, vitals, meals are all based on the need of the patients(ie: independent, 1 assist, 2 assist, total).
Work and learn in a fast-paced, complex environment
RN, PACU (Current Employee), ClevelandJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Excellent nursing staff
Cons: Policing other departments
Great place to work and learn. Fast paced, complex patients, with various medical issues in a learning/teaching environment.

Best part of job, helping patients, fast patient turn-over, supportive nursing staff
Cleveland clinic was a productive place to work
Histology Technician (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 14, 2015
A typical day at work was very productive. I enjoyed working with my coworkers. There were not hard times in my work place. Why? I enjoyed what I did. I retired from the clinic.
Headquarters