Cleveland Clinic Employee Reviews

Found 1,027 reviews matching the search
Great benefits and top hospital to gain experience
RN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 31, 2016
Co-workers are wonderful. Experience gained is at top hospital. Unfortunately, very understaffed and overworked. Points system very negative toward employees. Sick days and emergency days needed off cause you to gain points. Points are usually not correct but hard to dispute. Points prevent advancement and cause hardship as employee can be viewed negatively when days called off were necessary. Other hospitals have sick days as separate. Can get a point for one minute past time to clock in or clocking in early. Very negative system. Causes many people to leave before management labels them. Sad that many top notch people move on due to environment of management.
Pros
Experience and benefits.
Cons
Have to watch your back
Working in the ED was very rewarding.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH main campusNovember 27, 2016
Management is very difficult to get along with in the ED. We had a very dynamic environment to work in. Team nursing when not busy with respiratory work and a dedicated POC lab. We had six therapist fired in two years. Our department only had 22 people.
Pros
Great pay, great vacation and benefits.
Cons
Everyone gets written up and threatened with their job as some point.
Great business, but it's all business toward employees
Histology Technician (Current Employee) –  Concord, OHSeptember 18, 2016
I work in a satellite facility, and my job is highly satisfying, as long as management keeps away from it. We take pride in accuracy and professionalism, as well as maintaining efficiency and frugality, but the company has grown too big too fast to pay much attention to those details. Management can't take the time to figure out what might be done better, or how to meet needs. They do try to listen and help, but it's impossible to avoid getting swept along in the business.
Pros
Pay and benefits, co-workers in a smaller setting
Cons
Feeling shoved and shuffled in the crowd of employees and cold big business
I already work for CCF, would like to work at Hillcrest. Would like shift stability.
Patient Food Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 21, 2016
Very busy, extreme amount of communication with all types of people. I learned that you do not know what a person is going through when they walk through the doors of the facility. You do not know what information that may have been giving to them good or bad.
I have a great management team, very understanding. Hardworking.
Loved my staff different cultures and personalities, teaches you to be appreciated of life.
Loosing staff is the hardest part of the job.With no replacement.
The customers.
A productive company to work for.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Garfield Heights, OHOctober 16, 2016
A fast paced, productive, energetic company to work for. The work day was busy with patients which, made the day go quickly. Excellent benefits with some room for growth.
Pros
Benefits, work life balance, meeting new people, teamwork.
Cons
Sometimes short staffed, little room for advancement.
Easy to apply as an external candidate.
Administrative Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHNovember 5, 2016
Easy to apply for employment as an external candidate. Once you are employed at the Clinic, advancement is based mostly on who you know and not what you know.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Management sometimes does not treat everyone the same.
Best place to work
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 13, 2016
Truly feel the Cleveland Clinic is the best and only place to work in Cleveland if you're in healthcare. There is so much I love about the Clinic, most notably opportunity for advancement, the culture, and the support of executive leadership as it relates to employee development.
Constant work schedule with good co-workers
CENTRAL SUPPORT SERVICES - MATERIALS MGNT (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 21, 2016
I supply medical supplies and materials to multiple departments in the hospital and school. My day starts by doing supply counts to several departments and then I stock those departments. In between pulling the supplies, I would receive deliveries from FedEx, UPS, Cardinal Health, and other vendors and check them in and take them to the different departments.Also, there were special requests from different departments for supplies needed on that particular day. I learned about the Lawson computer system and was still learning about it upon my departure. The management was not very knowledgeable about my position and would offer very little help if needed. Being the only person in my department, I didn't have any co-workers. However, outside of my department, I had a few helpful and supportive co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the fact that I didn't receive any help from management and everything fell on me. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I had my own office and when it would be time for me to leave work.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of help and communication to employees
Employment Review
Admissions Clerk/Billing Account Rep II (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 20, 2016
I accepted an entry level position with this company as an admissions clerk. The position consisted of admitting patients into the hospital,according to patient levels of acuity. Assisting with bed utilization and insurance verification. There was daily interaction with surgeons, physician's, nurses, all levels of managements and Ceo's. I then accepted my second position with this company as a medical biller. I was the responsible for the physicians billing of office visits and in and out medical procedures. What I really enjoyed about this position was that I primarily worked alone in a very quiet setting. I was responsible for my own workload and found the work enjoyable.
Pros
Working for a fortune 500 company with a lot of exposure.
Cons
Limited room for advancement, minimum pay.
Relaxed environment
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 5, 2016
Comfortable environment, little peer to peer interaction, career advancement fairly difficult. Good benefits and management is fair.
Pros
Job security, comfortable environment, healthcare
Cons
low pay, poor career advancement
lower level management incompetent
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 1, 2016
Due to restructuring, lower level management is only interested in maintaining their own positions and do not foster a cooperative work environment. The job is good, coworkers are cliquish and constantly deride other individuals, and are not capable of working as a team making the work culture very stressful.
Pros
good health care benefits
Cons
scheduling is a disaster, untrustworthy employees
Workplace full of learning opportunities
Program Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 25, 2016
Cleveland Clinic is a hospital based on continuous improvement. I have learned how to work under pressure, multitask, and take lead on projects in intense situations. With frequent changes in healthcare and improvement, you learn to find ways to keep your work day positive and enjoyable. Your co-workers become family. We find ways to break up stressful days by having departmental parties, lunches, and off site events.

Although, adapting to the changes in processes can be the hardest part of the job, this is also the most rewarding in the long run. The learning experiences I have gained while being employed by Cleveland Clinic is unimaginable.
Pros
excellent benefits, ability to move within, diverse, available resources for improvement
Cons
PTO policy, salary, paid parking
Great place to come for medical care, but my department not good!
Patient transporter (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 26, 2016
Love working with my co-workers, but my department there is no room to advance, individuals can not attend school due to management not willing to adjust scheduling (switch off days) so workers can continue or complete their degree. Supervisors/management do not support workers, never on the same page as to work responsibilities for staff, meetings are never informal, just about numbers. Most enjoyable part of the job is conversations with the patients as they are being taken to their appointments within the Clinic. I meet people from different places, from the United States, Europe, Africa, India, etc. And of course my co-workers help me make it through the day, a really good group of people to work with.
Pros
Co-workers and meeting different people.
Cons
No advancement, can not attend school if enrolled.
15 years of Financial Counseling and Registration
Pave Specialist/Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 27, 2016
Typical day at work is making sure productivity is reached for the day.

I learned that patients come first.

Management always had a open door policy for your concerns.

Co-workers are team players always helped each other if needed.

Hardest part of job is sometimes not meeting productivity if problem arises.

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping patients,
Pros
Good Benefits, Helping patients
Cons
Short breaks, Meeting productivity.
hospital
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 30, 2016
provide clerical support to several departments. Answering phone filing, transcribing, dictation, setting appointments, updating charts information. Worked for Chief of Staff in Vascular and Orthopedics.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
no job security
Productive workplace with employee engagement
Supervisor of Sterilization and Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLSeptember 27, 2016
This work atmosphere was amazing when it came to the patient care. Employee engagement events made this a place that you would want to work for. Some management from the main campus was misunderstood, due to them not being on site. I feel as though if we were afforded some of the options main campus has, such as day care I would still be working there.
Pros
Payroll deduction lunches make it easier to not have to bring your wallet with you to the cafeteria
Cons
We did not have all the perks of Main Campus in Ohio to encourage employee performance in Florida
A fast-paced environment with a lot of opportunities to learn and grow
Intake Assessment Counselor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 3, 2016
My department is a wonderful place to hone your assessment and crisis intervention skills. Working directly with patients in area emergency rooms has allowed me to hone not just mental health assessment skills but has sharpened my knowledge of medical issues as they relate to mental health diagnoses.

The Cleveland Clinic, like many area hospitals, are relatively unfriendly to counselors. I find it difficult to advocate for my profession in an environment dominated by social workers. Furthermore, it is difficult for me to advance my career within the hospital since many departments prefer social workers over counselors in spite of the fact that counselors, many times, have more solid mental health diagnosis and treatment skills.
Pros
Excellent compensation and benefits
Cons
Required to work many weekends and holidays
A Daily day at Cleveland Clinic
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHSeptember 16, 2016
On a daily basis I speak with about 60 patients helping them with a variety of issues from scheduling an appointment, escalating calls, updating insurances, training new hires
What keeps me in the position that I am in currently holding are the employees that I work with. I am not a fan of upper management, they are very out of touch and if need be could not do the job that I do.
The hardest part of my job is to not get overworked when a patient is screaming at you. You have to just say that the patient isn't mad at you but the company that you represent.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Politicas of Corporate America
Productive Workplace
Department Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioOctober 13, 2016
Fast pace environment, that has really helped my time management skills. Friendly coworkers and supportive staff. Good hours and nice benefits package.
Productive and great learning experience
Clinical Rotation Heme/Onco Palliative Medicine (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 31, 2016
My role was that of an intern at the hospital, taking history, performing physical examination and coming up with a diagnosis and treatment plan. Learned to write patient note in EMR. Pain management in cancer patients along with symptomatic management of symptoms due to opiate related side effects in cancer patients. Gained knowledge on importance of Hospice care and quality of life in severely debilitated patients. Power point presentation on opiate drugs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cleveland Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.