Cleveland Clinic Employee Reviews

Found 1,067 reviews matching the search
Great benefits and top hospital to gain experience
RN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 31, 2016
Co-workers are wonderful. Experience gained is at top hospital. Unfortunately, very understaffed and overworked. Points system very negative toward employees. Sick days and emergency days needed off cause you to gain points. Points are usually not correct but hard to dispute. Points prevent advancement and cause hardship as employee can be viewed negatively when days called off were necessary. Other hospitals have sick days as separate. Can get a point for one minute past time to clock in or clocking in early. Very negative system. Causes many people to leave before management labels them. Sad that many top notch people move on due to environment of management.
Pros
Experience and benefits.
Cons
Have to watch your back
Working in the ED was very rewarding.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH main campusNovember 27, 2016
Management is very difficult to get along with in the ED. We had a very dynamic environment to work in. Team nursing when not busy with respiratory work and a dedicated POC lab. We had six therapist fired in two years. Our department only had 22 people.
Pros
Great pay, great vacation and benefits.
Cons
Everyone gets written up and threatened with their job as some point.
I already work for CCF, would like to work at Hillcrest. Would like shift stability.
Patient Food Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 21, 2016
Very busy, extreme amount of communication with all types of people. I learned that you do not know what a person is going through when they walk through the doors of the facility. You do not know what information that may have been giving to them good or bad.
I have a great management team, very understanding. Hardworking.
Loved my staff different cultures and personalities, teaches you to be appreciated of life.
Loosing staff is the hardest part of the job.With no replacement.
The customers.
Great business, but it's all business toward employees
Histology Technician (Current Employee) –  Concord, OHSeptember 18, 2016
I work in a satellite facility, and my job is highly satisfying, as long as management keeps away from it. We take pride in accuracy and professionalism, as well as maintaining efficiency and frugality, but the company has grown too big too fast to pay much attention to those details. Management can't take the time to figure out what might be done better, or how to meet needs. They do try to listen and help, but it's impossible to avoid getting swept along in the business.
Pros
Pay and benefits, co-workers in a smaller setting
Cons
Feeling shoved and shuffled in the crowd of employees and cold big business
Easy to apply as an external candidate.
Administrative Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHNovember 5, 2016
Easy to apply for employment as an external candidate. Once you are employed at the Clinic, advancement is based mostly on who you know and not what you know.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Management sometimes does not treat everyone the same.
A productive company to work for.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Garfield Heights, OHOctober 16, 2016
A fast paced, productive, energetic company to work for. The work day was busy with patients which, made the day go quickly. Excellent benefits with some room for growth.
Pros
Benefits, work life balance, meeting new people, teamwork.
Cons
Sometimes short staffed, little room for advancement.
Fun, good benefits, new technology
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Wooster, OHJanuary 8, 2017
Great place to work, some of the nicest people work here. Great benefits. Management is wonderful. Exercise room in facility for employees
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
No room for advancement at this time
Best place to work
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 13, 2016
Truly feel the Cleveland Clinic is the best and only place to work in Cleveland if you're in healthcare. There is so much I love about the Clinic, most notably opportunity for advancement, the culture, and the support of executive leadership as it relates to employee development.
Constant work schedule with good co-workers
CENTRAL SUPPORT SERVICES - MATERIALS MGNT (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 21, 2016
I supply medical supplies and materials to multiple departments in the hospital and school. My day starts by doing supply counts to several departments and then I stock those departments. In between pulling the supplies, I would receive deliveries from FedEx, UPS, Cardinal Health, and other vendors and check them in and take them to the different departments.Also, there were special requests from different departments for supplies needed on that particular day. I learned about the Lawson computer system and was still learning about it upon my departure. The management was not very knowledgeable about my position and would offer very little help if needed. Being the only person in my department, I didn't have any co-workers. However, outside of my department, I had a few helpful and supportive co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the fact that I didn't receive any help from management and everything fell on me. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I had my own office and when it would be time for me to leave work.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of help and communication to employees
Employment Review
Admissions Clerk/Billing Account Rep II (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 20, 2016
I accepted an entry level position with this company as an admissions clerk. The position consisted of admitting patients into the hospital,according to patient levels of acuity. Assisting with bed utilization and insurance verification. There was daily interaction with surgeons, physician's, nurses, all levels of managements and Ceo's. I then accepted my second position with this company as a medical biller. I was the responsible for the physicians billing of office visits and in and out medical procedures. What I really enjoyed about this position was that I primarily worked alone in a very quiet setting. I was responsible for my own workload and found the work enjoyable.
Pros
Working for a fortune 500 company with a lot of exposure.
Cons
Limited room for advancement, minimum pay.
Productive envirnment with several opportunities for growth
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 2, 2016
A typical day day at work for me was great! I worked indivisually as well as with a team. Everyone cared about the the patients and we all worked toward a common goal, great patient care.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
short lunch breaks, long hours on your feet
This is a place where you make life-long friendships and these friends become a part of your family
UNIT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLJanuary 6, 2017
The environment is fast paced and the overnight 12 1/2 hours shift can be challenging (inside joke; especially when there is a full moon). There is a great team on the night shift and we assist and cover each other as needed and there is always someone who has your back. The current 4th floor Telemetry management team is amazing especially the new Director, she is an amazing people person. She has her staff's best interest at heart and also her patients. It is a good balance of hard work and fun.
Pros
You make great friendships there.
Cons
The hours are long, especially the overnight shift
Ccf is the best
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Cleveland, OHDecember 13, 2016
I love this employer, no matter your position there is always room for advancement. Rewarding and beneficial, if you work here..Stay there. No other employer like them.
Cons
SHORT BREAKS, SOME CONCERNS IN MANAGEMENT
Workplace full of learning opportunities
Program Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 25, 2016
Cleveland Clinic is a hospital based on continuous improvement. I have learned how to work under pressure, multitask, and take lead on projects in intense situations. With frequent changes in healthcare and improvement, you learn to find ways to keep your work day positive and enjoyable. Your co-workers become family. We find ways to break up stressful days by having departmental parties, lunches, and off site events.

Although, adapting to the changes in processes can be the hardest part of the job, this is also the most rewarding in the long run. The learning experiences I have gained while being employed by Cleveland Clinic is unimaginable.
Pros
excellent benefits, ability to move within, diverse, available resources for improvement
Cons
PTO policy, salary, paid parking
hospital
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 30, 2016
provide clerical support to several departments. Answering phone filing, transcribing, dictation, setting appointments, updating charts information. Worked for Chief of Staff in Vascular and Orthopedics.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
no job security
Relaxed environment
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 5, 2016
Comfortable environment, little peer to peer interaction, career advancement fairly difficult. Good benefits and management is fair.
Pros
Job security, comfortable environment, healthcare
Cons
low pay, poor career advancement
Great Place to Work
Surgery Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 29, 2016
Awesome employer with amazing benefits. Management is easy going and there are a lot of perks with this employer. They care about their employees and their wellbeing.
For the 12 years that I have been employed at the Cleveland Clinic, I have had an opportunity for growth.
Medical Assistant (MA) (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 4, 2017
A typical day at work is peaceful and productive. There is a flow of teamwork that accomplishes quality patient care. Many times management is unavailable and the caregivers are capable of solving any issues if needed and resolving any challenges that may arise. I really enjoy my job when it pertains to patient care and having hands on with them. They are the reason I am in healthcare. I could not see myself doing anything else.
lower level management incompetent
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 1, 2016
Due to restructuring, lower level management is only interested in maintaining their own positions and do not foster a cooperative work environment. The job is good, coworkers are cliquish and constantly deride other individuals, and are not capable of working as a team making the work culture very stressful.
Pros
good health care benefits
Cons
scheduling is a disaster, untrustworthy employees
Productive workplace with employee engagement
Supervisor of Sterilization and Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLSeptember 27, 2016
This work atmosphere was amazing when it came to the patient care. Employee engagement events made this a place that you would want to work for. Some management from the main campus was misunderstood, due to them not being on site. I feel as though if we were afforded some of the options main campus has, such as day care I would still be working there.
Pros
Payroll deduction lunches make it easier to not have to bring your wallet with you to the cafeteria
Cons
We did not have all the perks of Main Campus in Ohio to encourage employee performance in Florida

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cleveland Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.