Cleveland Clinic Employee Reviews in United States

Great benefits
Department Administrator II (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 17, 2016
The primary goal of anyone working here is to provide high level of service to our patients and fellow caregivers. Keep that goal in mind everyday makes working at CCF rewarding. CCF strives to be a leader in healthcare and the management structure is designed to allow this to happen. Each area has a physician lead and business partner. Its this team work that allows each area to succeed.
Hardest part of the job, like most large organization is the red tape to get things accomplished. Most enjoyable is the people you work with.
benefits
Cons
A fast-paced environment with a lot of opportunities to learn and grow
Intake Assessment Counselor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 3, 2016
My department is a wonderful place to hone your assessment and crisis intervention skills. Working directly with patients in area emergency rooms has allowed me to hone not just mental health assessment skills but has sharpened my knowledge of medical issues as they relate to mental health diagnoses.

The Cleveland Clinic, like many area hospitals, are relatively unfriendly to counselors. I find it difficult to advocate for my profession in an environment dominated by social workers. Furthermore, it is difficult for me to advance my career within the hospital since many departments prefer social workers over counselors in spite of the fact that counselors, many times, have more solid mental health diagnosis and treatment skills.
Pros
Excellent compensation and benefits
Cons
Required to work many weekends and holidays
Must have degree
HIM Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHMarch 11, 2016
This is a great place to work if you know that you have a chosen career field with in the healthcare industry. If you do not have a degree you will struggle in this environment.
Pros
Great Benefits, Health- eye- dental. Short and long term disability, adoption assistance, tuition assistance, discounts on many business.
Cons
Not a good place for a person who does not have a BA +. Politics for advancement can be tricky.
cleveland clinic treats their employees well, I have enjoyed all of my positions as a bedside nurse at the cleveland clinic
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 4, 2016
A typical day at work as a bedside nurse-received report, assessed patients, administered meds and treatments, communicated with MD's, reviewed results of labs and other diagnostic tests.

I learned to work as a team and to empathize with my patients.

Management was sometimes supportive but at times management could be too removed from direct patient care.

Most co-workers were good team members.

Too many critical events at once.

Successfully taking care of the patients and seeing a positive outcome.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
worked night shift
Loved the work, but unless you were in the "click", supervisor did not help to develop you.
Annonymous (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 9, 2015
I learned that if management has longevity then it is very difficult for their superiors to even consider that, just maybe, management needs an overhaul. I learned that hard work, earning awards, and loyalty does not pay off if you are not a "favorite". I also learned that a toxic department leader can ruin other's chances for development and advancement as well as ruin the entire team work atmosphere.
Very disappointing management-wise, but great overall institution.
Pros
Pathologists, employees, benefits
Cons
I enjoyed my exeperience at The Cleveland Clinic and was very proud to be employed by such an outstanding facility.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  OHNovember 9, 2015
I was always offered wonderful opportunities at CCF. I enjoyed the staff I worked with very much. I would probably still be employed there today had I not left to stay home and raise my children.

I always received fair compensation and great reviews while at CCF. While I was not in patient care at this time, I still enjoyed the business end of the healthcare environment.
Pros
Great hours, fair compensation, a lot of team building opportunities.
Cons
The long commute while my children were young.
Cleveland Clinic Main Campus is ever changing
Registered Vascular Technologist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 9, 2015
The Cleveland Clinic Main Campus is a great place to work. You will see things there that you won't see anywhere else in the world. Rare disorders and innovative treatments that will keep you on your toes. The environment there is very energetic and kinetic. The facility itself is super modern and clean. Updates and artwork fill the halls. Healthy choices for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Shopping too. Everyone takes their job very seriously and it shows. I miss that place.
Pros
Great learning experience and great benefits.
Cons
You will work hard.
Cleveland clinic florida management position
Manager (Former Employee) –  FLORIDAMarch 7, 2016
I worked for Cleveland Clinic FLORIDA I loved working in that facility, until OHIO decided to make us a MINI OHIO. They sent down the wrecking crew. We were bullied and most of the employees who were at the start up of the FLORIDA CLEVELAND CLINIC Were let go for some made-up reason. Terrible upper management they do not care about their staff. The harder they worked, the more they were picked upon. Very sad they lost some of the Best nurses and working staff, I have ever seen. I have worked for over 35 years in this industry. Maybe someday OHIO will wake-up and see what they have done to a Wonderful Facility. And please be careful on what job you take they will work you like a dog.
GOOD LUCK
Pros
LOOKS GOOD ON RESUME
Cons
UPPER MANAGEMENT AND HUMANE RESOURCES NOT HELPFUL
Stressful,everchanging routes and alot of backstabbing and politics
TRANSPORTATION DRIVER (Former Employee) –  WESTON, FLORIDAOctober 22, 2015
I was there at the beginning of construction on the new cancer center which caused a loss of a lot of parking spaces and people were literally arguing over parking spaces. Employees had to park in a coral rock parking lot and walk 75-150 yards to and from the building.Many of the top management quit including the ceo who was largely responsible for the rapid growth of the hospital and was much liked and respected by the employees, director/human resources, director of maintenance/facilities, director of housekeeping as well as several doctors and were replaced by people lesser qualified. In spite of all of this I met some good people including my boss ( who was the director of security who I still keep in touch with), patients and visitors
Pros
HELPING PEOPLE AND MEETING SOME VERY NICE PEOPLE PARTICULARLY FROM ST. CROIX, ST. THOMAS
Cons
NOT BEING ABLE TO HELP PEOPLE AND THE CONSTANT LYING, BACKSTABBING POLITICS CONSISTANT WITH MOST WORKPLACES
previously at CCF
surg svcs supp tech 1 (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 13, 2016
A typical day at Cleveland Clinic is being ready at any given moment! Making sure the environment is clean and safe. Making sure we answered our pager at a timely manner.

I learned to be prompt and how to communicate effectively with management and co-workers. I learned how to operate equipment. I learned about infectious control and how to stay safe from communicable diseases. Always patient care comes first.

I loved the management they worked with us and we worked with them it was truly TEAM WORK! Nothing was too hard unless you made it that way! The most enjoyable part was Working with great people!
Great people to work with and very talented.
Clinical Research Technologist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 24, 2015
An excellent organization but it has gotten so big that you become a number and can be pigeonholed. The nature of the work limits significant increases in salary. The people I worked with were great, management was good and caring, and plenty of opportunity to learn.
Pros
Steady work, fair pay, good people
Cons
limited advancement
Great job with great benefits.
Medical Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 2, 2016
The Cleveland Clinic is a great place to have a stable career. The job comes with great benefits such as tuition reimbursement and health care coverage.
Great place to work and collaborate with top talent!
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, OHMarch 21, 2016
Cleveland Clinic is a rewarding place to work. Emphasis is placed on taking personal ownership of job related goals and accountability. Management promotes the mission of the hospital. Co-workers are committed to the patient experience. The hardest part of the job has to do with limitations regarding patient satisfaction since many variables are involved, but it is also the most rewarding when patient expectations are met and exceeded. The skills and talent are available to make this happen.
great place to work
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 5, 2016
I would care for post operative patients which had a urological surgical procedure. I would have 3-5 patients. I would monitor the progression after surgery, and discharge patients upon recovery. I have learned how to communicate with patients and family, time management and be a team player. I also am a charge nurse when management is not available. My co-workers and I work as a team. The hardest part of the job was watching patients have difficulty during the recovery, The most enjoyable watching patients who think they will not be able to walk or recover quickly, be discharged home without difficulty. Also, my co-workers are a joy to work with. They make a stressful day more relaxing.
Pros
team work
Cons
short staff
nice place to work
call center scheduler rep (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHMarch 8, 2016
I started a early morning at Cleveland clinic. I scheduled appointment for patient. I learned to listen and be patient with every body that called in to scheduled appointment. My coworker were very and kind and helpful. Management was understanding and helpful as well. The most hardest part of this job was the mean spirit people that called in to schedule appointments. The most enjoyable part of the job was when, I received a call from elderly people that was pleasant and still handling their own business at their age.
Cleveland Clinic Internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 29, 2016
At the Cleveland Clinic my job was to scan and file all patient photo releases by date and link the to the patient's chart. I was also tasked with re-organizing previous photo releases that may have been filed wrong. After I finished that I would take the old slide library and either save or dispose of the slides as requested by my supervisors. Management was wonderful and always there to help if I had any questions of what I needed to do. The hardest part of this job was occasionally seeing the patients ailments in their charts.
Great Place to work but abusive practices with benefits and compensation.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLNovember 29, 2015
I worked here for two and a half years and would have continued with the employer had some unexpected turn of events not occurred in my personal life that were beyond my control. The night shift is a family, I learned how to be an effective therapist due to the training and experience that I obtained with this organization. There are a few bad apples within the department but I fully expect them to be weeded out over time. The organization partook in some illegal practices with respect to staffing. With individual's like myself working overtime every week and never once formally offered a full time opportunity when the need was clearly there. Good place to work for but the staffing, assignments, and scheduling need to be revised.
Pros
Great staff overall, great organization, good experience, small workload.
Cons
Benefit's need to be offered to full time PRN employee's, compensation needs to be matched with the main campus.
Job Security and advancement
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Cleveland Clinic Main CampusAugust 2, 2015
Cleveland Clinic is an excellent place to work, there is job security and an excellent place to work with advancement, the management is fair and understanding to the needs of their employees, the job culture is diverse. The benefit and compensation is good.
Pros
Excellent place to work with Job security
Cons
Work can be very stressful at times
Abitious, Talented, Independent and Team Player
Mentor Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland OhioOctober 19, 2015
Here at Cleveland Clinic, I work in the Department of Hospital Medicine. Here we have over 125 staffed physicians and recruit more than 35 physicians a year. I manage the recruitment, credentialing and onboarding for all new hires. I also, reappoint all the staffed physicians in our department; and I work with the immigration lawyers for our H1B renewals for 70% of physicians in our department. I work as the liaison for our department. I make sure that the physicians are receiving their correct hours and pay. I do this by entering their FTEs and Salary into the database. My major accomplishment in this department was creating the onboarding processes for our department. I received a “Caregiver Celebrations" reward. I really enjoy working here at Cleveland clinic as I have been a part of this organization for 18years. Cleveland Clinic is a great company to work for. I have the chance to earn 20hours of PTO each month. These hours are used for vacations, sick days, and holidays. The benefits are also great. I have full coverage medical, and tuition reimbursements. I love our management strategies. Our mangers are out mentors and they believe our opinion counts.

The big problem I have with this company is: I desire to work in HR and job opportunities are not available. I am looking to fulfill my career goals by applying outside of the organization
Pros
Tuition Reimbursements
Cons
very little Job Advancements
It was a learning experience.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 17, 2015
The Cleveland Clinic inpatient pharmacy is a very stressful place to work. The management team is very young, and inexperienced when it comes to hands on management. Career advancement is very difficult, and overtime is expected, if not mandatory. Pay increases are rare. It's a good place to learn how you will behave under pressure, but I don't recommend it as a long term place of employment.
Pros
The uniforms are free.
Cons
Too much pressure for too little pay.