Cleveland Clinic Employee Reviews in United States

Ccf
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 16, 2016
A typical day would include pulling the things needed for my case, performing the case, and leaving when my room was done for the day. Sometimes I would have to stay after my "scheduled dismiss time". I always got a lunch tho, and could pretty much count on what time. My co-workers were nice for the most part. The hardest part was not knowing when I would be going home including the on-call hours required for each person to take. The most enjoyable part was the diversity of cases, and the constant chance to learn.
Pros
Paid time off, Hour long lunches
Cons
Not knowing when I would go home
Productive, fast pace as well as professional environment to work in.
Phlebotomist Intern (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 30, 2016
Cleveland Clinic cares about their employees as much as their patients. Daily group meetings to improve the working environment as well as suggestions from the employees makes the workers feel as a part of a team. Managers are doing great with meeting the need and expectations of their employees.
Pros
Rewards; free lunch; giveaways; friendly working environment
Cons
Can be a lot of conflict because of too much competition
The most rewarding career choice
Accredited Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 25, 2016
I am very proud of the work I do. Patients and their families depend on me to insure their discharge is safe and timely. They trust me to assist them through difficult decisions. Medical professionals respect me and know that I have a strong work ethic and do my best everyday. My colleagues come to me for assistance with difficult situations.

I love my career choice. I have witnessed the power of the human spirit. I have shared in many heartaches and triumphs. I am a very happy, optimistic person who sees the good in people and tries to make a difference wherever I can.
A Good place to Learn and Grow
Educational Partner III (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHJuly 9, 2016
With the fact that the Cleveland Clinic is such a large hospital, there are many types of jobs and opportunities to learn different aspects of the Healthcare industry.

In almost all my positions there, the demand on employees is high and successful employees are independent workers.

I loved the work that I did at the Cleveland Clinic, but the Life/Work balance needs improvement.

I truly enjoyed working with other departments and collaborating on projects. I also enjoyed working with patients and being able to make a difference to improve the patient experience.
Pros
Variety of duties
Cons
long hours, demanding work and short timelines
Certainly One of the Best Places to work for
Operating Room Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 12, 2016
Cleveland Clinic is a place with many opportunities to grow, with a friendly culture on a daily basis. It provide you the tools and training necessary in order to perform your work properly. Relationships between peers and patients are consider important and professional.I enjoy going to work because is a very motivating do to the fact that even you do at times repetitive work, always something different shows up.
Pros
Good environment, Always learning new ways to improve
Cons
The fact to see so many ill people
Great facility for clinical rotations, staff is very receptive and excited to teach.
Surgical Technologist Externship (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLJune 23, 2016
Every day of clinical rotations was full of new experiences and the opportunity to learn hands on. The staff was very informative, patient and always willing to answer any questions. I was afforded the opportunity to scrub many different specialty cases in the 1st scrub role which gave me the ability to practice my skills as they would be needed on the job. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience and feel that I obtained the knowledge I need to succeed in the OR setting.
Taking Classes at Kent State University
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Kent, OHJune 16, 2016
A typical day consist of taking two classes that were an hour and a half long, and a three hour long microbiology lab, which informed us on writing lab reports and different diseases and epidemics that happened throughout history.The lab informed us on the different types of fungi that lived on many different surfaces, we learned how to culture bacteria, and what each bacteria was called. I really enjoyed learning about these topics, and the professors made the topics interesting, I enjoyed learning from them.
Pros
free food
Cons
very long days
Challenging and stimulating lending to a lot of personal growth and learning as an RN.
Staff RN, Medical Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 9, 2016
I loved the acuity of the patient population that I took care of. I loved my co workers, there was a strong team work in our unit and everyone helped everyone out. I never felt alone on really busy days. Managers were awesome and helped out anyway they could whether that was physically on the floor on really busy days or if we were short staffed to staffing according to your needs.
Pros
Continuing education opportunities, benefits, and reimbursement
Cons
Pay, rotating shifts
15 years of Financial Counseling and Registration
Pave Specialist/Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 27, 2016
Typical day at work is making sure productivity is reached for the day.

I learned that patients come first.

Management always had a open door policy for your concerns.

Co-workers are team players always helped each other if needed.

Hardest part of job is sometimes not meeting productivity if problem arises.

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping patients,
Pros
Good Benefits, Helping patients
Cons
Short breaks, Meeting productivity.
Patient by Patient basis
Personal Aide (Former Employee) –  Weston, FL 33326May 27, 2016
I did not at the Cleveland Clinic, I worked for the head of the Geriatric Department (At the Time) of Cleveland Clinic.

He would ask me to help on personal visits to some of his patients that lived in the Hallandale and Hollywood, Fl area.

He would tell the patient about me, and if they would require my services They would call me and ask for my assistance.
Pros
Pay was very good and Varied from Patient to Patient
Cons
Some slow weeks, Work is not always guaranteed
Collaborative Team
Supervisor, Customer Service Call Center (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 16, 2016
With a direct staff of 25 employees days were busy.I was blessed to work with a supportive and collaborative leadership staff and peers. Being a Supervisor in a call center has had many advantages as I was able to learn how other departments within the patient financial services dept operated which made me well rounded and knowledgeable how these areas had affected my Customer Service Reps and talking with the patients. I loved my team that reported to me. My management style was hands on and being approachable.
The impact we have on our patient
Administrative Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHJune 28, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is the impact we have on our patients. As part of the management team at the Cleveland Clinic's Appointment Center my caregivers are going to give the patients their first impression of our organization. It is very exciting and rewarding to be able to say my team has the ability to set the tone of each patients experience.
Employment Review
Admissions Clerk/Billing Account Rep II (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 20, 2016
I accepted an entry level position with this company as an admissions clerk. The position consisted of admitting patients into the hospital,according to patient levels of acuity. Assisting with bed utilization and insurance verification. There was daily interaction with surgeons, physician's, nurses, all levels of managements and Ceo's. I then accepted my second position with this company as a medical biller. I was the responsible for the physicians billing of office visits and in and out medical procedures. What I really enjoyed about this position was that I primarily worked alone in a very quiet setting. I was responsible for my own workload and found the work enjoyable.
Pros
Working for a fortune 500 company with a lot of exposure.
Cons
Limited room for advancement, minimum pay.
lower level management incompetent
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 1, 2016
Due to restructuring, lower level management is only interested in maintaining their own positions and do not foster a cooperative work environment. The job is good, coworkers are cliquish and constantly deride other individuals, and are not capable of working as a team making the work culture very stressful.
Pros
good health care benefits
Cons
scheduling is a disaster, untrustworthy employees
Excellent employer, a little too large
Executive Secretary (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 3, 2016
I spend most of my day scheduling meetings. While I find it challenging subsequent to busy schedules and not enough time in the day, I feel my skills could be better utilized elsewhere. I love working with others, but have little opportunity in my current position. The most enjoyable part are those days when I do have that opportunity.
Pros
Great benefits, good opportunities
Cons
Lack of parking
Working at CCF
Licensed practical nurse (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 13, 2016
Working for Cleveland Clinic was a great opportunity for me as a new nurse. The experiences I had with patients there gave me a wealth of new knowledge. Though the 12 hour shifts were exhausting, I preferred them to an 8 hour day. The demands of the job as well as that of the patients was a lot. My commute was long (an hour's drive) which added to my fatigue.
Great place. Can be over the top.
RN (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 12, 2016
This was a great place to work for, but it was very political and physician driven !!! They do the absolute most as far as the hiring process goes, and I almost felt free after leaving. The hospital basically owns their employees. I was screwed over by management. When issues began to rise, everybody turned on me. Nurses beware. You will constantly have to watch over your shoulder. They treat nurses like disposable toys. Coworkers were very nice for the most part and willing to help. The hospital is beautiful. The patient populations are diverse. It wasn't terrible, but I don't think I will be returning.
Pros
Flexible when PRN, and also with nursing students
Cons
Too many pre hire exams, short breaks if any at all, TOO MANY UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS
Cleveland Clinic is a great place to work. It is progressive and allows employees the opportunity to expand their knowledge and expertise
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Hts, OHApril 18, 2016
The Clinic has afforded me the opportunity to interact with patients of diverse backgrounds while providing positive customer service. A hospital setting can be very hectic and complex but I enjoy the diversity and meet the challenges with confidence.
Supervisors were amazing
Environmental Service Aide (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 17, 2016
I worked first and second shift as an Environmental Services Aide(housekeeping). Patients were very pleasant and understanding when I had to interrupt their privacy to clean and organize their rooms. Supervisors were very understanding. I was able to transfer from second to first shift after I started college.
Exciting, fast-paced environment
Admin Program Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHMarch 21, 2016
A typical day at work relies on me being a self-starter because there is trust that I will complete my work.

What I learned is that you have to trust your opinion and ideas and speak up. When you do, you make an impact and you may surprise yourself on how valuable your ideas really are.

I love my co-workers! They are the best!

The hardest part of the job is sitting for long periods of time. I have to make sure I intentionally get up and walk.

The most enjoyable part of my job is having been allowed to design and implement my own program that is now successfully running in the IT Division.