Cleveland Clinic Employee Reviews

Found 1,697 reviews matching the search
Poor management and lack of career advancement
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 20, 2017
Very little support from management to do what is right as it is clear that management is scared for their own job. Bullying behavior is not addressed
Benefits
Cons
Base pay, career advancement, lack of ethical decision-making
Secure job, good benefits, poor management
Polysomnographic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 18, 2017
Working for Cleveland Clinic you have a lot of job security and room to move around, but the management is so poor and staff is so overworked that it makes coming to work hard. Also pay throughout the clinic is less then if your doing the exact same job for another hospital system.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Managment, pay
You Don't Get What You See Here
Medical Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 17, 2017
You get hired into a position on the premise of a million promises of training and room for advancement. None of this happens. In my particular no one is able to move up unless they are best friends with the boss and lead doctor. Management is incredibly unprofessional and unable to separate work from personal. The most enjoyable part of the job is leaving it.
Pros
Hour long lunch
Cons
Management, Lack of communication, no growth opportunities
very fast pace to work must be able to keep up
Patient Care Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, OHAugust 16, 2017
cleveland clinic is a great place to work if you can be around that type of enviroment. the pay is up to date and fair, i think they should give PCNA'S more guidence and have better patience with them especially if they are willing to learn and grow.
Cons
short breaks sometime no breaks at all
Ok place to work
Emergency / Trauma RN (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 16, 2017
You will get great experience here as an RN. The Clinic's main focus is not on the patient even though they say patient's first it is on how fast everyone can work to get patient's out of the hospital asap to get the new ones in. The clinic is all about money
Place for Growth
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 15, 2017
The Cleveland Clinic offers great benefits, room to grow, tuition reimbursement, and just an overall great place to work. It has a great atmosphere and friendly staff.
Once-Great Organization Trending in the Wrong Direction
Patient Access Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 15, 2017
I'll keep my review short and to the point - there is still a lot to like about the Cleveland Clinic, however the flaws in the organization which were always there (namely, workplace politics in which there's an "in" group of designated favorites who rapidly ascend the organizational heirarchy while others who've put in more time and effort languish) have gotten a lot worse in recent years.

What is especially frustrating is that the organization seems to be deliberately turning a blind eye to the concerns of its employees, many of whom have expressed the same observations about work-place politics that I have. In recent years, there have been a TON of people who've been placed in positions far beyond their qualifications based on being relatives of other high-ranking and well-known figures at the Clinic. Additionally in recent years, it seems that the doctors and nurses have lost sight of the fact that there are many other perspectives that need to be taken into consideration, namely those of the support staff who answer the phones and schedule the appointments. If the clinical staff takes the non-clinical staff for granted and communication falters, as has happened lately, the organization as a whole suffers.
Pros
Great Health Benefits, Solid Work/Life Balance, Overall Enjoyable Work
Cons
Workplace Politics are the worst I've ever seen, Favoritism, Lack of Advancement
very large company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 15, 2017
CCf is a very large company. There are many opportunities for advancement if you can get your foot in the door. Compensation is decent. Benefits are decent.
Satisfactory.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 14, 2017
Productive work day. Satisfaction serving patients in need of quality medical care/treatment. Knowledgeable physicians/teaching atmosphere. Supportive of education/CEU opportunities.
Pros
Productive work day
Cons
Staff shortages.
Great company
Administrative Assistant/Pulmonary Critical Care (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 14, 2017
Productive and fun workplace. Everyone is friendly and cooperative. Love my job, I love what I do. I love helping patients. You get out of it what you put in.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
No stability and low income, when cost of living is going up.
Patient Account Manager Specialist (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLAugust 14, 2017
A .25 cents raise was suppose to have me doing cartwheels!
Leadership sucks! The culture of the facility could do much better. It's certain elements that are hired, with no healthcare experience to Manage. Give someone who has never been in a position of Authority and a monster is created! I would NOT recommend CC to anyone!
Pros
N/a
Cons
If you are over the age of 30, this is NOT the place for you to plant your flag.
Good place to work overall
Marketing Fellow (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 14, 2017
There are a lot of politics to navigate at CC, but it's a good place to work. the people are nice, and if you work hard, you can make a small impact. I enjoyed my time there, but I was only a one year fellow.
Quality Department efficient and effective
Quality Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 14, 2017
The Quality Department worked as a team each with different responsibilities but overlapping in ways in which we worked as a team. We also worked as a team with different departments. I held numerous positions within the Quality Department learning from the person I replaced, online courses and training offsite from affiliates dealing with the systems we were using.
The Managers and Administration encouraged every employee to enhance their knowledge regarding their position as well as the purpose of the department.
The hardest part of my job was to have staff members request data with reports and graphs the day before or the day of their meeting and not understanding why I had to complete work for the Director before I was able to start their request.
The most enjoyable part of my job was being a team member as well as collecting data, generating reports and graphs to make my coworkers job more efficient for them.
Pros
The department Turkey Dinners we made together for Christmas
Cons
Turnover of Staff
Excellent employer.
Coordinator I (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 13, 2017
Large employer with many benefits. Opportunity to advance your career.

Management varies within each department but the workplace culture felt the same in the two departments I worked in.

Learned many new skills and the Clinic offered classes in-house for dozens of software packages.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
In recent years, many employee shortages.
I love the Clinic
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 12, 2017
the co-workers are very helpful and caring. if you don't know how to do something, they will help you with no problem. if you're running late to work all you have to do is call.
Pros
cheap lunches
Cons
short breaks
Fast paced environment
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Garfield Heights, OHAugust 11, 2017
This job is fast paste on most days. Some days is not as busy as others. Some if the workers and management could be a bit more professional. Great job opportunities.
Pros
Room for advancement and tuition reimbursement
Cons
Short or no lunches and breaks
worked on medical surgical floor that kept you busy when they had patients
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHAugust 10, 2017
The Cleveland clinic was a good place to work unfortunately with it being a hospital that just opened they were unable to accommodate the staff with their guaranteed hours.
Loved working for ccf
RN-ICU Float (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 9, 2017
Great culture and atmosphere, able to grow and learn and it is both supported and encouraged. Best practice and new technology, extremely innovative. After working here you realize how amazing it is.
Difficult to advance
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHAugust 9, 2017
Decent place to work with many different facets of opportunity, however you are required to stay in a role for at least one year before applying for another role.
Director, Materials Management (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 9, 2017
On the front lines of healthcare, innovation and change. Great people great opportunities to learn and advance.

Top notch all the way. Enjoyable place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cleveland Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.