Cleveland Clinic Employee Reviews in United States

The impact we have on our patient
Administrative Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHJune 28, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is the impact we have on our patients. As part of the management team at the Cleveland Clinic's Appointment Center my caregivers are going to give the patients their first impression of our organization. It is very exciting and rewarding to be able to say my team has the ability to set the tone of each patients experience.
The most rewarding career choice
Accredited Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 25, 2016
I am very proud of the work I do. Patients and their families depend on me to insure their discharge is safe and timely. They trust me to assist them through difficult decisions. Medical professionals respect me and know that I have a strong work ethic and do my best everyday. My colleagues come to me for assistance with difficult situations.

I love my career choice. I have witnessed the power of the human spirit. I have shared in many heartaches and triumphs. I am a very happy, optimistic person who sees the good in people and tries to make a difference wherever I can.
Great place to work.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHJune 24, 2016
It is a very nice place to work the only thing I would change is the PTO time, we should have separate Vacation days, sick and personal days. And also the call off policy we get points for calling off.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Short breaks, barely any vacation time
I hate this place!
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 23, 2016
They treat their employees like your not important. You feel like a slave with no voice and anytime time you \have an opinion opposite of theirs they squash it. NO regard for sick love ones or need for [personal off time. No a healthy work environment.
Great facility for clinical rotations, staff is very receptive and excited to teach.
Surgical Technologist Externship (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLJune 23, 2016
Every day of clinical rotations was full of new experiences and the opportunity to learn hands on. The staff was very informative, patient and always willing to answer any questions. I was afforded the opportunity to scrub many different specialty cases in the 1st scrub role which gave me the ability to practice my skills as they would be needed on the job. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience and feel that I obtained the knowledge I need to succeed in the OR setting.
Great place for research
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 20, 2016
Cleveland Clinic is a great company with excellent health benefits. great place to do a post doc as most, if not all, labs are fully funded.
Employment Review
Admissions Clerk/Billing Account Rep II (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 20, 2016
I accepted an entry level position with this company as an admissions clerk. The position consisted of admitting patients into the hospital,according to patient levels of acuity. Assisting with bed utilization and insurance verification. There was daily interaction with surgeons, physician's, nurses, all levels of managements and Ceo's. I then accepted my second position with this company as a medical biller. I was the responsible for the physicians billing of office visits and in and out medical procedures. What I really enjoyed about this position was that I primarily worked alone in a very quiet setting. I was responsible for my own workload and found the work enjoyable.
Pros
Working for a fortune 500 company with a lot of exposure.
Cons
Limited room for advancement, minimum pay.
Taking Classes at Kent State University
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Kent, OHJune 16, 2016
A typical day consist of taking two classes that were an hour and a half long, and a three hour long microbiology lab, which informed us on writing lab reports and different diseases and epidemics that happened throughout history.The lab informed us on the different types of fungi that lived on many different surfaces, we learned how to culture bacteria, and what each bacteria was called. I really enjoyed learning about these topics, and the professors made the topics interesting, I enjoyed learning from them.
Pros
free food
Cons
very long days
Working at CCF
Licensed practical nurse (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 13, 2016
Working for Cleveland Clinic was a great opportunity for me as a new nurse. The experiences I had with patients there gave me a wealth of new knowledge. Though the 12 hour shifts were exhausting, I preferred them to an 8 hour day. The demands of the job as well as that of the patients was a lot. My commute was long (an hour's drive) which added to my fatigue.
Ok place to work
Patient Dining Associate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 12, 2016
I was okay with working here; it was job! I was fine but not happy. No room for advancement! Glad that I moved to a company where I feel valued.
Challenging and stimulating lending to a lot of personal growth and learning as an RN.
Staff RN, Medical Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 9, 2016
I loved the acuity of the patient population that I took care of. I loved my co workers, there was a strong team work in our unit and everyone helped everyone out. I never felt alone on really busy days. Managers were awesome and helped out anyway they could whether that was physically on the floor on really busy days or if we were short staffed to staffing according to your needs.
Pros
Continuing education opportunities, benefits, and reimbursement
Cons
Pay, rotating shifts
great learning enviroment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 7, 2016
for the right person this company is a good choice, it takes patience and a thick skin. They are very strict. Many different areas to learn about, great for teaching, the ability to move around the hospital is a plus. you can work in a large area or a smaller clinic.
Quality
Ambulatory Nurse (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHJune 4, 2016
Good place to work and high level of experienced nurses. Patient focused and accommodating. Plenty of ways to get involved.
productive and fun place to work
Imaging Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 28, 2016
I love working at Cleveland Clinic there are many opportunities for advancement and growth. This company has tuition reimbursement and other great benefits,
Pros
great health benefits
Cons
Terrific work enviorment !
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 28, 2016
At the Cleveland Clinic there is always room for advancement the management team is very enthusiastic about helping and teaching they are by far the best company to work for.
Patient by Patient basis
Personal Aide (Former Employee) –  Weston, FL 33326May 27, 2016
I did not at the Cleveland Clinic, I worked for the head of the Geriatric Department (At the Time) of Cleveland Clinic.

He would ask me to help on personal visits to some of his patients that lived in the Hallandale and Hollywood, Fl area.

He would tell the patient about me, and if they would require my services They would call me and ask for my assistance.
Pros
Pay was very good and Varied from Patient to Patient
Cons
Some slow weeks, Work is not always guaranteed
15 years of Financial Counseling and Registration
Pave Specialist/Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 27, 2016
Typical day at work is making sure productivity is reached for the day.

I learned that patients come first.

Management always had a open door policy for your concerns.

Co-workers are team players always helped each other if needed.

Hardest part of job is sometimes not meeting productivity if problem arises.

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping patients,
Pros
Good Benefits, Helping patients
Cons
Short breaks, Meeting productivity.
Cleveland Clinic
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  OhioMay 23, 2016
I have been working at Cleveland Clinic for 5 years. I believe the Cleveland Clinic is a world class organization. Great hospital to gain experience. Plenty of opportunities for continuing education and career advancement.
Pros
Great Health benefits
Cons
Required to used PTO for holidays, Low salary
Good community hospital
Clinical Nurse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 23, 2016
This was where I started my career as a registered nurse and I enjoyed it as my coworkers were collegial. They had a great educational program.
Mission Driven Health System Working to Be Excellent Stewards of Its Resource to Meet Community Need
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 19, 2016
Visionary healthcare leaders working together to address complex and diverse healthcare needs of communities serviced throughout the region.