Cleveland Clinic

Cleveland Clinic United States Employee Reviews

Cool Job If You Like Cars
CareGiver (Current Employee), Lakewood, OHApril 23, 2015
This Job Was Very Cool. Tips Are Nice. Cars Are Awesome. I Love The Customers I Had They Were Nice And Was Very Excited To See Me. I Love Giving Them My Serve And Making Sure I Did My Job Well
Very nice place to work
Department Supervisor (Former Employee), Lorain, OHApril 23, 2015
Managed the incoming call centre. We had a great crew that were very engaged with the work that was asked. The hardest part of the job was the constant changes.
Stable, Able to Create Your Own Path
Patient Care Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Main Campus/ Fairview HospitalApril 20, 2015
Pros: numerous facilities, compensation
Cons: long hour days, little breaks
You must clock in on time, pay attention to small detail and get your work done within your 12 hour shift. If you hold your own and get your stuff done, then you wont ever really be bothered. Don't cross your boss, just like any other job. You better be prepared to deal with crabby coworkers because some take their day at work very personal and become upset. Getting report from other nursing assistants is awkwards sometimes because your coworker will be very distraught and emotional, so you better be able to stay professional at all times and not let your emotions run rapid.
A great team atmosphere but the Hospital will be closing soon
Registered Nurse PACU (Current Employee), Lakewood, OHApril 20, 2015
Pros: team atmoshpere
Cons: evening shift and on call hours
I enjoy working with some very experienced nurses who have a lot of knowledge to share. This is a part time job for me. I have been assigned more evening shifts which is not compatible with my schedule.
productive and fun place to work
management (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 19, 2015
Pros: work life, environment, people
Cons: short breaks
It is a great place to work, people seem very happy and love coming into work everyday. It is nice to see people putting their all into their work.
A good place to learn
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 18, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, learning experience, good reputation
Cons: Condescending atmosphere, paltry raises, stressful, unethical at times
I started my career at the Cleveland Clinic and the learning experience was unparalleled. This is a fast paced and prestigious organization so it looks good on a resume. My department was poorly run and hit hard by budget cuts or "cost repositioning". The general motto is "do more with less" but what it really means is a more stressful environment (that was already poorly managed), higher productivity standards leading some employees to be dishonest in their billing to avoid getting fired and decreased quality of care for the patients. Many times it felt that if you were not a physician your input didn't matter and often times physicians would barge into a treatment session without even an "excuse me". You learn quickly that as a physician run institution- you do as they say. Overall it was a great learning experience, saw things I never will anywhere else, but I would not choose to work here again due to the stress, poor management and general feeling of being belittled and not mattering as an individual in the organization.
Excellent for health care and the well being of their employees
Director of Rehabilitation (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 16, 2015
I think it is a great place to work. They support employee wellness and provide everything to be healthy and successful at your job.
Productive Work Environment
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee), Lorain, OHApril 16, 2015
Working for Cleveland Clinic is very fast past. Patient Care is the main focus of the job. I have learned so much working for the clinic and I plan on utilizing my skills. I work with a great team and management is also wonderful. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing at the end of the day I have made my patients happy and satisfied.
Helped physicians and nurses with competences
Clinical Staff (Current Employee), Cleveland, OhApril 14, 2015
Pros: The people are very friendly and the work environment is fast-paced and durable.
Cons: None
Support physicians on CPOE, how to navigated in Epic, manage patients, using SmartPhrases.
Assisted nurses creating a my list to add patients, and work with nurses on their workflow processes.
Assisted in training of physicians and nurses in Epic Activation of Physician Orders, Medication Reconciliation, eMAR, Discharge, Flow Sheet overview, Care Plans & Education, and Transfers.
Increasing pressure to reduce costs
Institute Finance Director (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 14, 2015
Pros: Very well respected organization, Overall culture is to provide patients with the best clinical care.
Cons: Politics. Bureaucracy.
The Cleveland Clinic is a physician run organization. It is large and highly bureaucratic that is very political. Non-physician leaders are at times marginalized. Work days are typically long and heavily loaded with meetings (30+ hours per week).

The recent focus on cost cutting is creating great difficulty and stress. While the cost cutting is necessary, the efforts lack any real central strategy. The motto has become "do more with less." There has not been nearly enough focus on how we change the way we deliver healthcare. Instead, the focus is limited to increasing productivity without any structural changes to support greater efficiency.
Learning Hosptial.
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 13, 2015
Pros: Good health insurance.
Cons: Working weekends, holidays, paying for parking.
I learned alot working in ICU. I gained alot of respect for what the doctors and nurses do. I work with some wonderful people and great team work. It is hard to see the sad things that occur in ICU but it is very nice to try to help families in times of need.
Hectic work environment
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 13, 2015
A usual day in the hospital is a very busy day with seeing anywhere from 6-10 patients. Each patient has to be assessed by charting their vital signs, checking skin for breakdown, administering treatments, checking ventilators and or oxygen, suctioning, and communicating with nurses and doctors. There sometimes are two people in the unit, but usually there is only one person, so time management is very important. It can be very stressful if there are several alarms going off at the same time and figuring out how to be in 2 places at once. I enjoy taking care of people, so patient interaction is a joy. I enjoy talking to family members and patients if they are not on a ventilator.
I love working with patients
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Main CampusApril 12, 2015
The basic duties of clinical medical assistants include:
•Taking Patient Vital Signs
•Taking Medical Histories
•Preparing Patients for Medical Tests and Examinations
•Assisting Physicians During Examinations
•Explaining Medical Procedures to Patients
•Sterilizing Medical Instruments
Great work culture!
Marketing Project Manager Contractor (Former Employee), Beachwood, OhioApril 12, 2015
The Cleveland Clinic marketing department is a wonderful environment that truly nurtured professionalism and growth. My manager mentored and guided opposed to micro-managing which allowed me to expand my marketing role in other areas.
Excellant Benefits
RN Clinical Outcomes Specialist (Current Employee), indepencenceApril 12, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: pto time
This company offers excellent benefits for employees and family members, such as 4013, discounts for retail stores and also tuition reimbursement.
World Class Care
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 11, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, comfortable work environment, opportunity for advancement
Cons: Short breaks
I currently work on an busy, post surgical, orthopedic, telemetry unit. I have worked for the Cleveland Clinic for almost 8 years now. It is a great organization to work for. We truly provide "world class care". We have a great team. Everyone works really well together. I have gained so much knowledge in my 8 years at the Clinic. The best part of my job is getting to know and take care of great patients. The hardest part of my job would be keeping up with the fast paced environment which I feel I do pretty well.
Most enjoyable part of my job
Director of Provider Engagement, CI Operations, QA (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 11, 2015
Pros: The opportunity to be part of an innovative program on the cutting edge of health care
I enjoy the physician engagement aspect of my role - Interpersonal interactions, helping medical practices re-tool work flows to improve patent care. Program development related to data collection and the development of quality metrics. I love technology and data and developing meaningful reporting to guide us in advancing our programmatic goals. Lastly, I enjoy mentoring younger members of our team and helping them reach their professional goal. Team work is a must for me.
friendly
Medical Technologist (Current Employee), Weston, FLApril 11, 2015
nice people, shorter days, payroll deduction for food, better pay. many ways to be involved with the community such as heart walk etc.
Productive, busy, learning environment
Coordinator III (Current Employee), Independence, OHApril 9, 2015
Pros: Great Healthcare
Cons: Salaries - Non Profit
The Cleveland Clinic has grown to over 42,000 employees. It is a great place to learn and obtain the experience needed to expand your career. Being non-profit the pay may not always be the most competetive, but your benefits outweigh that factor. It can be stressful as in any job, and things are constantly changing.

I enjoy working on projects where you can see a final product.

The hardest part of the job is the meetings and working with difficult schedules and the multiple changes and obtaining responses in a timely manner.

I have made many good friends over the years working here.
Family
Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee), Beachwood, OHApril 8, 2015
Pros: Set your own time
Cons: Drive over an hour
Working within Cleveland Clinic is like working with your family. The job is fun and I found that each day brings something new.

1 2 3 4 5

About Cleveland Clinic

Cleveland Clinic, located in Cleveland, Ohio, is a not-for-profit multispecialty academic medical center that integrates clinical – Read more

Cleveland Clinic Salaries

$36,400 per year

Cleveland Clinic Photos

Main Campus Cleveland Clinic
Insurance Department Weekly Meeting
Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health by architect Frank Gehry (2)