Cleveland Clinic

Cleveland Clinic Employee Reviews

Teaching hospital with many job opportunities
Telephone Triage Nurse (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHFebruary 10, 2016
I have worked at Cleveland Clinic since 2002. It is a great place to work. Everyone is so helpful and kind. I love the people I work with. My position is very challenging and I am always learning something new.
Pros
Excellent Health Care Benefits
Epic Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 8, 2016
Great place to work for, good pay, flexible shifts and good compensation, travel perks and nice co-workers diversity environment and stable employment.
fun place to work
Insurance Follow-up Rep (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 6, 2016
Contacted doctors to pay claims. I liked work schedule. The co-workers were cool. I don't remember too much about management because its been so long since i worked there.
Pros
close to restaurants
Cons
ahort breaks
very busy
Nurse Manager Ambulatory II (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLFebruary 4, 2016
Great place to work, never a dull moment if you like fast pace enviroment. I have learned so much that I feel so empower to achieve any challenge on the near future.
High intensive work environment
Cardiac Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Euclid, OHFebruary 4, 2016
The environment at the Cleveland Clinic is very intensive but top notch. Educational opportunities afforded to us our very extensive and open. A very diverse environment to work in.
Third Party Collections
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 3, 2016
Manage a portfolio of Third Party accounts. Made arrangements for payment plans and discounts to close accounts. Ability to work with coworkers with difficult customers.
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  E Cleveland, OHFebruary 1, 2016
Mt. Sinai was a great place to work as a pharmacist. Excellent people and excellent training. Unfortunately the facility was closed
Pros
Managers/Supervisors thanked you daily on a job well done
Integrative Learning Opportunity
Social Work Intern (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 1, 2016
Worked with professionals to determine best plan of care for patients. Health care professionals are helpful and work together as a team.
Fast Pace Never A Boring Moment
Hospital Transfer Registrar Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 26, 2016
Didn't matter your start time you would be jumping in right away. Triage calls from sending physicians to accepting physicians based on the dx. Assisting nurses with bed placement of patients. The down side of the job was having a patient expire while in transit or upon arrival. The best part was in knowing every decision made helped a patient!
Pros
Always Learning
Cons
Insurance Companies Hold Times
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 24, 2016
Cleveland Clinic is a great place to work. Your co-workers are like family and you have the opportunity to learn so much.
Great Health Insurance
Ophthalmic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 22, 2016
The Cleveland Clinic has great health benefits. There are no other hospitals in Cleveland that can provide as good of health benefits as the Cleveland Clinic.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
No breaks, constant inspections
Great exposure to advanced care
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLJanuary 20, 2016
Worked in SICU/MICU, PACU, ER, and in the Clinic
Performed general floor therapy, including pulse oximetry, EKG, bedside pulmonary function test, Set- up CPAP/BiPAP, maintenance and troubleshooting
Draw and analyze Arterial blood gas
Managed, maintained and troubleshoot critical care ventilators, weaning protocols and extubation
Provided assessment, diagnostic evaluation, treatment and care for patients with breathing issues
Performed trach care, in-line and NT suctioning
Experience in therapist-driven protocols in relation to ER and physician interaction, responded to all codes requiring critical thinking skills
Transport with BVM, ventilator to CT, MRI, ICU and OR
Cleveland Clinic
Neurological Institute Specialist (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHJanuary 18, 2016
The Cleveland Clinic is a great teaching hospital. I have learned so by working at the Cleveland Clinic. Moreover, I was able to obtain a degree because the Cleveland Clinic helped me to pay for it. One thing for sure the Cleveland Clinic changes just like the city of Cleveland's weather.
Pros
Education
Cons
The pay
Great benefits
Department Administrator II (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 17, 2016
The primary goal of anyone working here is to provide high level of service to our patients and fellow caregivers. Keep that goal in mind everyday makes working at CCF rewarding. CCF strives to be a leader in healthcare and the management structure is designed to allow this to happen. Each area has a physician lead and business partner. Its this team work that allows each area to succeed.
Hardest part of the job, like most large organization is the red tape to get things accomplished. Most enjoyable is the people you work with.
benefits
Cons
Productive many changes taking place
Management Medical Operations (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 14, 2016
Working at Cleveland Clinic is great. Do like the weight loss you need to maintain for insurance purposes. The learning experience is great for nurses, resident doctors and managers. I learned a lot working at Cleveland Clinic taught me management skills and I tone my nursing skills as a new graduate wen I started at the Cleveland Clinic.
Pros
Learning is excellent
Cons
increase in health insurance
I Volunteer at Cleveland Clinic Weston
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLJanuary 12, 2016
The work environment is pleasant. The workers are very helpful and professional. The supervisor provides ongoing guidance and support in a friendly and professional manner.
fast paced
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 10, 2016
Also a high paced advanced floor where constant vigilance is required to keep an eye on your patient for any change in patient condition that had to be reported to the doctor. good charting was a definite plus
Love the way that People Help Other's
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 7, 2016
Everyday was a good day going into the Clinic. Very Friendly and caring staff that enjoyed there as much as I did.I I enjoyed getting to know the patients in such a short amount of time taking them to the department where there appointment was scheduled.
All around team player, all was maintaining a positive attitude
Position- Environmental Technician (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 6, 2016
Always ready to make sure all thing are in order,making sure our unit is up to part. I learned to always turn a negative into a positive. My supervisor made me team lead on my floor, cause I take pride and lead in everything I do. I'm the oldest worker on my floor and all my co-worker value my opinion, having meeting and going back to work trying to make sure you complete your daily task in a reasonable time. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting so many different people and making them feel part of the Cleveland Clinic experience, which is World Class Care and Patient first.
great place to work
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 5, 2016
I would care for post operative patients which had a urological surgical procedure. I would have 3-5 patients. I would monitor the progression after surgery, and discharge patients upon recovery. I have learned how to communicate with patients and family, time management and be a team player. I also am a charge nurse when management is not available. My co-workers and I work as a team. The hardest part of the job was watching patients have difficulty during the recovery, The most enjoyable watching patients who think they will not be able to walk or recover quickly, be discharged home without difficulty. Also, my co-workers are a joy to work with. They make a stressful day more relaxing.
Pros
team work
Cons
short staff