Cleveland Clinic Employee Reviews

Hard place to work
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44195September 24, 2016
Cleveland Clinic cares for their patients, but it doesn't always feel that way about their employees especially their nurses. In most areas nurses are over worked and don't feel appreciated. The patient to nurse ratio can be very dangerous with some nurses having seven to eight patients especially on nights.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Nurses are not appreciated.
Good
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 24, 2016
Good work environment. CCF really works with your school schedule ( flexibility). There's room to grow within the company. BE PASSIONATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!
great place to work
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLSeptember 24, 2016
lots of team work, management cares about their staff, safety is a priority, productive, hardworking, courteous, professional,
Pros
free parking
Cons
lunch is expensive
cleveland clinic
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHSeptember 23, 2016
answering patients call and scheduling appointments. Processing insurance information
Data entry
Specifically I love the management in the department that I schedule for which is cole eye.
All my coworkers are team oriented, and knowledgeable
Understaffed
Helping patients
Constant work schedule with good co-workers
CENTRAL SUPPORT SERVICES - MATERIALS MGNT (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 21, 2016
I supply medical supplies and materials to multiple departments in the hospital and school. My day starts by doing supply counts to several departments and then I stock those departments. In between pulling the supplies, I would receive deliveries from FedEx, UPS, Cardinal Health, and other vendors and check them in and take them to the different departments.Also, there were special requests from different departments for supplies needed on that particular day. I learned about the Lawson computer system and was still learning about it upon my departure. The management was not very knowledgeable about my position and would offer very little help if needed. Being the only person in my department, I didn't have any co-workers. However, outside of my department, I had a few helpful and supportive co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the fact that I didn't receive any help from management and everything fell on me. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I had my own office and when it would be time for me to leave work.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of help and communication to employees
Great business, but it's all business toward employees
Histology Technician (Current Employee) –  Concord, OHSeptember 18, 2016
I work in a satellite facility, and my job is highly satisfying, as long as management keeps away from it. We take pride in accuracy and professionalism, as well as maintaining efficiency and frugality, but the company has grown too big too fast to pay much attention to those details. Management can't take the time to figure out what might be done better, or how to meet needs. They do try to listen and help, but it's impossible to avoid getting swept along in the business.
Pros
Pay and benefits, co-workers in a smaller setting
Cons
Feeling shoved and shuffled in the crowd of employees and cold big business
A Daily day at Cleveland Clinic
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHSeptember 16, 2016
On a daily basis I speak with about 60 patients helping them with a variety of issues from scheduling an appointment, escalating calls, updating insurances, training new hires
What keeps me in the position that I am in currently holding are the employees that I work with. I am not a fan of upper management, they are very out of touch and if need be could not do the job that I do.
The hardest part of my job is to not get overworked when a patient is screaming at you. You have to just say that the patient isn't mad at you but the company that you represent.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Politicas of Corporate America
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 15, 2016
CCF is a great place to work. It is very professional and clean. Employees are held accountable and at standards that are set very high. Employees are trained to provide world class care.
A very loving environmet
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Garfield Hts, OHSeptember 13, 2016
I always walked into work happy, this was a place you couldn't help but love. The people were sweet, The patience were always filled with joy, I really love it.
Best place to work
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 13, 2016
Truly feel the Cleveland Clinic is the best and only place to work in Cleveland if you're in healthcare. There is so much I love about the Clinic, most notably opportunity for advancement, the culture, and the support of executive leadership as it relates to employee development.
Working with customers
Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHSeptember 10, 2016
I come in the morning and pick up a car. Find out what nursing homes are having trouble and go fix it and train users on Atlas. Check the reports through the day and work with customers to meet their needs.
A busy work environment.
Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, OHSeptember 8, 2016
Every day is different. Different patient and doctor requests and changes with the schedule. I have learned much with a slower tempo and taking each request in a timely manner. Always polite and helpful to my callers. My supervisor gives me excellent reviews and I work many extra hours. My co workers are also hard working
And put in long days and we work well together. We assist each other for any question or direction if asked. The hardest part of
My job is the busyness. We have many callers from all over and
Answering promptly is a big goal for me. I love my work and do
Try daily to give the best service that is possible in a kind, polite
Timely way. No one knows at times, what the caler at the end of the
Line is experiencing and trying to tell you at certain times. The
Caller depends on me to give them the most compassion and assistance in a time frame suitable for them. Listening and being
Helpful is what most are seeking. I get very few upset callers as
I try to always put them first and take accurate information to be
Relayed to an office, doctor or department that the caller is wanting
To communicate to. I find this job very rewarding and have to admit
Some of my patient callers remember my name. Every caller needs kindness in this world. And Cleveland Clinic strives for caring,
Compassionate people to assist their vast network. I'm a caregiver in way that I never get to meet the callers, but know I have given
Them the best customer care that is provided for all of them.
Pros
We get luncheons on timely events as quarterly meetings.
Cons
Our breaks are short and some days we miss them due to a schedule
Very productive Management and staff
Administrative Assistant to the Director/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLSeptember 7, 2016
Very knowledgeable and helpful co-workers. Enjoyed working here especially assistance in being able to relate studies with work- related experiences. Very clean and comfortable environment.
I enjoy helping other people
Department Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 7, 2016
I work in Neonatology and enjoy working with the Neonatologist and nurse practitioners. I have learned that it is important that all patients and families are happy. I work very well with my coworkers and I am a team player. The hardest part of my job is sometimes there is no challenge. The most import part of my job is that I get to help others.
busy work environment
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 2, 2016
I like to watch the surgeries as I fill the pyxis machines in the operating rooms. This is such an experience to see how the body really breaks down and heals back together.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
low salary for my postion
Always someone to help
Clinical Research Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLAugust 31, 2016
Great about this job is there is always someone willing to help and assist you. They value and trust their employees, and expect them to work independent. There is always opportunity to learn. And leadership training is part of the culture for managers and Directors.
Pros
Great resources from institution
Cons
Several layers due huge infra-structure
Good Benefits
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 31, 2016
As a Medical Assistant the department I worked for was very busy. Hours would go by before I could sit down. The management was understanding and always willing to give time off when needed.
This was a very positive part of my career
Licensed Practical Nurse/Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 31, 2016
I worked as a surgical technologist at several Cleveland Clinic hospitals. Days were always busy. Everyone worked together to prepare for the next case, and during the case. I learned so much about the body, and what was involved in the cases. I loved my coworkers. The hardest part of my job was being cold all the time. The best part of my job was the sense of accomplishment
Pros
Always learning
Cons
Taking call was sometimes difficult
Great benefits and top hospital to gain experience
RN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 31, 2016
Co-workers are wonderful. Experience gained is at top hospital. Unfortunately, very understaffed and overworked. Points system very negative toward employees. Sick days and emergency days needed off cause you to gain points. Points are usually not correct but hard to dispute. Points prevent advancement and cause hardship as employee can be viewed negatively when days called off were necessary. Other hospitals have sick days as separate. Can get a point for one minute past time to clock in or clocking in early. Very negative system. Causes many people to leave before management labels them. Sad that many top notch people move on due to environment of management.
Pros
Experience and benefits.
Cons
Have to watch your back
Great Place to Learn
Quality and Medical Physics Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 28, 2016
The Cleveland Clinic is a fast paced innovative health system. Gives you the ability to have experiences that may not be available in a smaller system
Pros
experience in a large academic health system