Cleveland Clinic Employee Reviews in United States

Not a place for young professionals
Coordinator III (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHApril 16, 2016
This company is great if you're a 60+ year old white man with a bachelors degree and 40 years of business experience. Would not recommend for a fresh college graduate - it will only deplete your confidence.
Good Enviroment
Postdoctoral Researcher (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 15, 2016
In Cleveland Clinic, it is pleasant and enjoyable to walk in the buildings, watch the wall drawings, or sit and read in the library. People are always very kind and very polite. It is a great place to work in.
Easy Work
House keeper (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 14, 2016
Working for Cleveland Clinic as a great experience. One can deal with many faces on a day to day basis. To go into work without a positive attitude is going to ruin your day. Not just yours but the patients as well. The work load was never too much. cleaning with a smile isn't hard at all. If I had the opportunity to go back I would.
Great floor to work on
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 13, 2016
I worked on a great floor with even better people. It's a good to place and you see so many different things. Sometimes you do feel like your just a number because the place has 40,000 employees, but overall its not a bad place to work
Pros
so many learning opportunities
Cons
the pay
job experience
HIM Technician/Analyst (Current Employee) –  cleveland clinicApril 13, 2016
The job is rewarding because it allows you to give back It is a great place to work. It is rewarding and you learn a lot from co-workers.
Pros
helping others
Cons
hard to leave
Great place. Can be over the top.
RN (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 12, 2016
This was a great place to work for, but it was very political and physician driven !!! They do the absolute most as far as the hiring process goes, and I almost felt free after leaving. The hospital basically owns their employees. I was screwed over by management. When issues began to rise, everybody turned on me. Nurses beware. You will constantly have to watch over your shoulder. They treat nurses like disposable toys. Coworkers were very nice for the most part and willing to help. The hospital is beautiful. The patient populations are diverse. It wasn't terrible, but I don't think I will be returning.
Pros
Flexible when PRN, and also with nursing students
Cons
Too many pre hire exams, short breaks if any at all, TOO MANY UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS
Great patient care
Medical Assistant Cardiology (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 7, 2016
Enjoy working at ccf, the company is great , took me several months to learn my way around . learned a lot working with nurses and physicians.
A fast-paced environment with a lot of opportunities to learn and grow
Intake Assessment Counselor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 3, 2016
My department is a wonderful place to hone your assessment and crisis intervention skills. Working directly with patients in area emergency rooms has allowed me to hone not just mental health assessment skills but has sharpened my knowledge of medical issues as they relate to mental health diagnoses.

The Cleveland Clinic, like many area hospitals, are relatively unfriendly to counselors. I find it difficult to advocate for my profession in an environment dominated by social workers. Furthermore, it is difficult for me to advance my career within the hospital since many departments prefer social workers over counselors in spite of the fact that counselors, many times, have more solid mental health diagnosis and treatment skills.
Pros
Excellent compensation and benefits
Cons
Required to work many weekends and holidays
Excellent Workplace
Patient Dining Associate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 2, 2016
Great company to be apart of. Management is excellent. Co-workers are more like family. The hardest part of my job is seeing my patients in pain
Great job with great benefits.
Medical Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 2, 2016
The Cleveland Clinic is a great place to have a stable career. The job comes with great benefits such as tuition reimbursement and health care coverage.
very pleasant atmosphere
phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 26, 2016
some days were tough and others rewarding, my co-workers, supervisors and staff amazing, I left the clinic to take care of a Vietnam veteran, I was his caregiver, and now since his passing ready to get out there and show off my skills.
hospital with a great team of therapists and such a beautiful view of the lake
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Willoughby Hills, OHMarch 24, 2016
The biggest challenge you're likely to face while working in a retail pharmacy involves customer contact. Because customers are likely to come to you when they or family members are ill, many are likely to be cranky or impatient. Some will be confused or have other problems, like some drugs are not covered by their insurance plans. Some customers may not speak English. for instance, I have two patients that don't speak English and by being bilinguals I help them by writing notes in Arabic on how to use and store medication and how important to finish regiments till their doctor say so.
working in hospital taught me how to work in a teamwork, and communicate with my co-workers. yes communication makes job a lot easier. Also how to keep a positive attitude no matter what situation you are going through. working in a hospital it is not easy because you are dealing with people that are sick and are not feeling 100% right. after all always treat people the way you want to be treated.
Pro
PCT/CNA (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLMarch 23, 2016
Commended for chart accuracy, effective team collaboration, patient relations and consistent delivery of empathetic care.
Displayed strong clinical skills in assessing vital signs, glucose check and post-operation care.
pro
Excellent place to work
Radiology Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLMarch 21, 2016
Top notch health care facility that allows employees give their best and received positive feedback.
For the past 10 years I have seen the growth and movement that Cleveland clinic has done for the community.
Pros
teaching
lab tech
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 21, 2016
It was a great job room for growth and potential. They offer a descent salary. You work in automated chemistry lab running blood gases to look for toxins.
Great place to work and collaborate with top talent!
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, OHMarch 21, 2016
Cleveland Clinic is a rewarding place to work. Emphasis is placed on taking personal ownership of job related goals and accountability. Management promotes the mission of the hospital. Co-workers are committed to the patient experience. The hardest part of the job has to do with limitations regarding patient satisfaction since many variables are involved, but it is also the most rewarding when patient expectations are met and exceeded. The skills and talent are available to make this happen.
Exciting, fast-paced environment
Admin Program Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHMarch 21, 2016
A typical day at work relies on me being a self-starter because there is trust that I will complete my work.

What I learned is that you have to trust your opinion and ideas and speak up. When you do, you make an impact and you may surprise yourself on how valuable your ideas really are.

I love my co-workers! They are the best!

The hardest part of the job is sitting for long periods of time. I have to make sure I intentionally get up and walk.

The most enjoyable part of my job is having been allowed to design and implement my own program that is now successfully running in the IT Division.
Excellent Benefits
Director of Care Management (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 18, 2016
Job has provided a good living for me for many years. Have had the opportunity to work and learn from wonderful people. The job has good medical and retirement benefits.
Excellent experience
RRT (PRN) (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLMarch 16, 2016
Great place to learn.

Good structure. I just can't afford to live in south Florida anymore. Cost of living is to high here.
I have learned a great deal
Ob/Gyn and Women's Health Institute (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 14, 2016
I have learned a great deal. I have learned how to manager people and have been provided self education. I am very busy each day but it helps the day go by quickly.