Cleveland Clinic Employee Reviews

Neutral
Patient Access Specialist/New Hire Trainer (Current Employee) –  Garfield Heights, OHSeptember 21, 2017
Overall the Clinic is an enjoyable place to work. I wish there was a more dedicated lunch/break room and time clock near work location. I enjoy the health and wellness benefits that are available.
It
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 21, 2017
Cleveland Clinic upper management outsourced IT to IBM. H1B Visa holders and contractors control most of IT now. Hundreds of IT positions replaced by H1B visa employees and contractors.
Benefits
Cons
Outsourcing - Cleveland Clinic upper management outsourced IT to IBM.
Exciting place to work and learn new techniques in nursing
RN (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 21, 2017
Recover post-op open heart patients and their care until able to leave ICU; caring for extremely ill heart patients; unit codes; on unit procedures; central lines; education was amazing and encouraged i.e., VAD, ECMO, Heart Mates, etc. Management certainly had the heart of the institution as priority. Workplace team work was good, sometimes too competitive but that is what makes people good at their jobs. Hardest part of the job was not being able to help save all the patients and the most enjoyable part of course was watching patients come back to the unit after their recovery so we could see how well they were doing. So important to me to see that I had a part in helping the patient recover fully.
Pros
Great benefits and education opportunities
Cons
Extremely stressful, but exciting at the same time
Stessful confusion
Patient Service Representative (PSR) (Current Employee) –  REJ AvonSeptember 19, 2017
Major lack of communication between management and staff
Too much top-end management
Patients no longer come first
Bullying-style management approved
Pros
Cons
Lack of support; communication, positive reinforcement
Great Place to intern
Marketing Account Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 19, 2017
I recieved a lot of great and relevant experience and I am doing alot of projects this semester based on what I did at my internship during the summer.
Pros
team based environment, experience, brand name
Cons
can be slow
great experience
Data Entry, Phone, Fax, Overall (Former Employee) –  Acworth, GASeptember 18, 2017
wonderful company to work for. Relocation was reason for leaving employer. Loved the extra training they had with in the company to better yourself & advance
Medical Transcriptionist, Anatomic Pathology (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 17, 2017
The pay and benefits are good compared to other places I've worked. Although small (1-2%), got a raise every year. Usually different extracurricular fundraising events throughout the year and opportunities to help.
Review Summary
Continuing Medical Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHSeptember 17, 2017
A typical day at Cleveland Clinic would consist of a heavy volume of customer service calls and emails, multi-tasking, meetings, and training. I learned to be proficient with Microsoft Office products, conflict resolution, and working as a team to achieve a win win victory for all. Cleveland Clinic culture was sometimes very stressful with the workload and the high demand on excellence which resulted in trying to complete the task in a timely manner. I mostly enjoyed the comradery and trust that was build between management and colleagues.
Pros
Benefit from offsite training that allowed us to grow in our positions, offsite retreats to recharge and get to know one another personally.
Cons
Too busy to take breaks
Great benefits but poor management
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 13, 2017
Good collaborative research atmosphere but this is a top hospital, not a top research institution. The benefits are amazing and I highly suggest joining the Clinic if you have a need for chronic health care, however, the management structure is poor and not worth it.
Pros
Healthcare benefits, overtime pay, cooperative atmosphere
Cons
Management, cutthroat atmosphere, lack of compliance
Porductive
Printer Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 13, 2017
Fun place to work. Great environment and staff. Offers great ability for growth and development. Staff is very knowledgeable, open, and direct. Would refer to others.
I loved it
Patient services (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 12, 2017
I honestly loved it they staff was great the people there are amazing everyone is all about making things run smoothly. I know once I go back things will back great for me
Pros
It's fun
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 11, 2017
It is a good place to work overall. The environment is ever changing and always looking for innovative ways to incorporate workflows. Leaders care about the employees. Patients are always first!
Cleveland Clinic
Account Rep II - AMRRADS (Former Employee) –  Independence, OH 44131September 11, 2017
Overall I really like working for the Cleveland Clinic. They offer many benefits that most employers do not offer. If it wasn't for looking for a career in a completely different field I would have planned to retire from this company.
i worked 11pm-7am
HEALTH INFORMATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 11, 2017
I enjoyed working at Cleveland Clinic. Manager was awesome. I just wanted to go back to school and have a baby and the 11pm-7am. was impossible for me to go straight to school and had a hard time sleep during days.
Rn
Registered Nurse- Surgical Oncology (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 11, 2017
Great company with wonderful benefits. Management can micromanage and this tends to be a problem
Company is good with time off for family and personal needs
Highly competitive
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 11, 2017
Once of best place work in the health care Industry and learn from the best in the industry. This one of leading hospitals in the country for cardiac and Neuro care.
Supportive with good management
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 8, 2017
Cardio-Thoracic stepdown unit was wonderful experience,patient population forever changing ,therefor so did work load. It was a supportive environment in that your peers were there to support and help you. Not only was patient population diverse so was staff. Because of the number of assistant nurse managers with many different styles of management and occasional lack of communication among them things could get frustrating but it also created a learning experience. The hardest pasrt of the job is having a patient expire,and then dealing with the grieving family. The most rewarding is the unexpected card months later naming specific nurses that made a difference in their stay, or just when you're questioning yourself over why you do this, a family member or a patient gives you a hug and says thank you.
Pros
excellent support, opportunities for education and advancment, reputation
Cons
distance to drive, emotionally draining at times
Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 6, 2017
Paced work day.
New Clinical skills.
Management Clinical was okay.
Not having team players.
Making patient's leave with a smile knowing you giving your best care.
Certain areas in Nursing were unbearable
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 5, 2017
Psych 6100 floor and the operating room are the worst most difficult environments to work in. I would never recommend these floors to anyone the RNs are so cut throat and cruel.
All other floors are great to work on as a nurse.
Constantly dealing with staffing issues. RN:PT ratio
Cons
the nursing union is a complete rip off and they do and try very little to help when they are needed
Great environment
Lab Technician 2 (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 5, 2017
I enjoy the fact that you're learning while working. You are bettering yourself while helping others. It's a laid back culture but everyone works hard.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cleveland Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.