Cleveland Clinic Employee Reviews

Found 1,065 reviews matching the search
Employment Review
Admissions Clerk/Billing Account Rep II (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 20, 2016
I accepted an entry level position with this company as an admissions clerk. The position consisted of admitting patients into the hospital,according to patient levels of acuity. Assisting with bed utilization and insurance verification. There was daily interaction with surgeons, physician's, nurses, all levels of managements and Ceo's. I then accepted my second position with this company as a medical biller. I was the responsible for the physicians billing of office visits and in and out medical procedures. What I really enjoyed about this position was that I primarily worked alone in a very quiet setting. I was responsible for my own workload and found the work enjoyable.
Pros
Working for a fortune 500 company with a lot of exposure.
Cons
Limited room for advancement, minimum pay.
Best place to work
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 13, 2016
Truly feel the Cleveland Clinic is the best and only place to work in Cleveland if you're in healthcare. There is so much I love about the Clinic, most notably opportunity for advancement, the culture, and the support of executive leadership as it relates to employee development.
cleveland clinic treats their employees well, I have enjoyed all of my positions as a bedside nurse at the cleveland clinic
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 4, 2016
A typical day at work as a bedside nurse-received report, assessed patients, administered meds and treatments, communicated with MD's, reviewed results of labs and other diagnostic tests.

I learned to work as a team and to empathize with my patients.

Management was sometimes supportive but at times management could be too removed from direct patient care.

Most co-workers were good team members.

Too many critical events at once.

Successfully taking care of the patients and seeing a positive outcome.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
worked night shift
For the 12 years that I have been employed at the Cleveland Clinic, I have had an opportunity for growth.
Medical Assistant (MA) (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 4, 2017
A typical day at work is peaceful and productive. There is a flow of teamwork that accomplishes quality patient care. Many times management is unavailable and the caregivers are capable of solving any issues if needed and resolving any challenges that may arise. I really enjoy my job when it pertains to patient care and having hands on with them. They are the reason I am in healthcare. I could not see myself doing anything else.
Productive workplace with employee engagement
Supervisor of Sterilization and Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLSeptember 27, 2016
This work atmosphere was amazing when it came to the patient care. Employee engagement events made this a place that you would want to work for. Some management from the main campus was misunderstood, due to them not being on site. I feel as though if we were afforded some of the options main campus has, such as day care I would still be working there.
Pros
Payroll deduction lunches make it easier to not have to bring your wallet with you to the cafeteria
Cons
We did not have all the perks of Main Campus in Ohio to encourage employee performance in Florida
Miserable Work Environment
Appointment Center Patient Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 19, 2016
For a company committed to wellness employee wellness is not highly valued. The training is 5 weeks and teaches you next to nothing, and the work is tedious and stressful with closely monitored breaks that do nothing to alleviate the stress of the job.
Pros
Employee Health Plan
Cons
Work Life Balance and Pay
Productive and great learning experience
Clinical Rotation Heme/Onco Palliative Medicine (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 31, 2016
My role was that of an intern at the hospital, taking history, performing physical examination and coming up with a diagnosis and treatment plan. Learned to write patient note in EMR. Pain management in cancer patients along with symptomatic management of symptoms due to opiate related side effects in cancer patients. Gained knowledge on importance of Hospice care and quality of life in severely debilitated patients. Power point presentation on opiate drugs.
Ccf is the best
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Cleveland, OHDecember 13, 2016
I love this employer, no matter your position there is always room for advancement. Rewarding and beneficial, if you work here..Stay there. No other employer like them.
Cons
SHORT BREAKS, SOME CONCERNS IN MANAGEMENT
A Daily day at Cleveland Clinic
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHSeptember 16, 2016
On a daily basis I speak with about 60 patients helping them with a variety of issues from scheduling an appointment, escalating calls, updating insurances, training new hires
What keeps me in the position that I am in currently holding are the employees that I work with. I am not a fan of upper management, they are very out of touch and if need be could not do the job that I do.
The hardest part of my job is to not get overworked when a patient is screaming at you. You have to just say that the patient isn't mad at you but the company that you represent.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Politicas of Corporate America
Too many commitees and policies to advance to better care giving.
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJanuary 1, 2017
The Cleveland Clinic is a great place to be a patient. Being employed there, however, is not so great. It is not the work, co-workers, or hours that make it difficult. It is the management and the overall treatment by the policy makers that made working there unpleasant. New policies would be initiated, but there would be no communication of changes until an employee didn't follow the new policy then would be reprimanded.
fast paced and funny
Infusion Pharmacy Packer (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHNovember 6, 2016
Typical day at work is picking and packing drugs and supplies and of course laughing because one of my co-workers did or said something funny as usual. In my five years there I have learned so much and I am still learning because things are always changing . For example one thing I learned is to do multiple things at one time. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the tickets for the patients. You have to keep moving at a fast pace, make sure you are pulling the ticket accurate as well as keep pulling all the other tickets that's coming off the printer . The most enjoyable part of the job is at the end of the day when we have pulled all the patients tickets for the day because that tells me we did our job very well.
A Good place to Learn and Grow
Educational Partner III (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHJuly 9, 2016
With the fact that the Cleveland Clinic is such a large hospital, there are many types of jobs and opportunities to learn different aspects of the Healthcare industry.

In almost all my positions there, the demand on employees is high and successful employees are independent workers.

I loved the work that I did at the Cleveland Clinic, but the Life/Work balance needs improvement.

I truly enjoyed working with other departments and collaborating on projects. I also enjoyed working with patients and being able to make a difference to improve the patient experience.
Pros
Variety of duties
Cons
long hours, demanding work and short timelines
Great job with great benefits.
Medical Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 2, 2016
The Cleveland Clinic is a great place to have a stable career. The job comes with great benefits such as tuition reimbursement and health care coverage.
Flexible Hours
Health care medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 17, 2016
. I work with many different cultures and ethnic backgrounds.
.Hardest part of my job as a PRN employee is that depending on the time of year work can slow down a bit, and that can cause a lack of hours in my schedule.
.I love my manager, his approachable and understanding.
.Everyday I learn something new and its usually learning a new medical terminology word whether is in my native language or in English.
Pros
Assisting patient in language barriors
Cons
Having to interpret bad news
Mentally challenged nurses
Resident (Current Employee) –  OhioSeptember 29, 2016
most of the nurses here feel they are entitled. They do not respect residents and our opinions especially if they don't agree with it and most of the time when talking to the attendings we end up being right. They force us to put in orders we don't want to and they report is if we don't and they don't understand it's under is if something happens since we put in the order. When consequences of their actions happen they except us to fix it as a result. They should understand we are trained physicians that know what we are doing and should NOT undermine our authority!!
Pros
Great attendings and residents and mud levels
Cons
Mentally challenged nurses, not all of them are but some
Its all up to your perspective
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 4, 2016
It depends on if you would like to advance, have a better work life or whatever you consider good whether or not if like this company. Everyones opinion is different and seeing as how I currently work here it would not be smart to speak on in house issues.
Great place to come for medical care, but my department not good!
Patient transporter (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 26, 2016
Love working with my co-workers, but my department there is no room to advance, individuals can not attend school due to management not willing to adjust scheduling (switch off days) so workers can continue or complete their degree. Supervisors/management do not support workers, never on the same page as to work responsibilities for staff, meetings are never informal, just about numbers. Most enjoyable part of the job is conversations with the patients as they are being taken to their appointments within the Clinic. I meet people from different places, from the United States, Europe, Africa, India, etc. And of course my co-workers help me make it through the day, a really good group of people to work with.
Pros
Co-workers and meeting different people.
Cons
No advancement, can not attend school if enrolled.
great place to work
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 30, 2016
great place to work. Company has a good work-life balance. You can move up within the company. Great pay and great atmosphere to work. I would recommend this company to anyone who loves real-estate
Most Enjoyable
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wooster, OHOctober 7, 2016
I enjoy my time here, it is a very demanding job and very busy. You have to be very flexible, and long hours. Lots of training and educational pieces
Great Work Environment
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 8, 2016
Great work environment.
• Completed admissions and discharges, tracked patient transfers, ordered supplies, and released orders in EPIC and ADTR
• Assembled and took apart inpatient charts
• Created RN. LPN, and PCNA workflow sheet
• Inputted and assigned call lights for nurses through SoundCom system
• Distributed medications received from Pharmacy via tube system
• Requested doctor and respiratory therapy services for RNs
Work was slow as I was night shift, but it was easy to complete. Management was engaging and always available.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cleveland Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.