Cleveland Clinic Employee Reviews

Found 1,790 reviews matching the search
Very realistic internship experience
NURSING INTERN (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 25, 2017
I did this nursing internship on the NICU floor upon graduating college. I really enjoyed my experience and the nurses on the floor were very informative.
Cleveland Clinic Akron General
Secuirty (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 25, 2017
I worked at Cleveland Clinic Akron General to pay my way through college. I had fantastic management that mentored me throughout my entire college and work career.
Excellent Plac\e to work
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 24, 2017
I love working at the clevaland clinic because it is one of the nicest and successful hospitals in the Country, not only the city but country. This place is definitely a growing facility.
Pros
great place over all
Cons
short breaks
Part time employee
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, OHAugust 24, 2017
Take that for what its worth. Not the benefit package others experience. Work sporadically as full time schedule allows. People are great. Professional. RN's/Doctors/Technicians all good in their fields.
Pros
3% match on 401K
Cons
No benefits/paid time off
Rewarding experience serving a population in need
Social Work Liaison (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 23, 2017
I always wanted to have a career helping people. Although this position provided the opportunity to extend assistance to a lot of people, it was at this point that I decided to go to law school to ensue that my assistance would be able to have a larger impact.
great place to work
Health Unit Coordinator, May (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 23, 2017
I enjoyed my time working at Cleveland Clinic, one of the best hospitals in terms of patient care. I particularly enjoyed working on the pediatric oncology unit, best experience of my career.
Productive and culturally diverse place to work
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHAugust 23, 2017
Cleveland Clinic is an extraordinary company to work for. They pay you to go to school to further your knowledge and career. They are at the top with regards to pay and benefits. It was a great experience to work for such a prestigious company.
Excellent place to work, very proud of the work they do and world renowned status
Utilization Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  Independence, ohioAugust 22, 2017
salaried employee, great flexibility -management at most recent job was new and came in trying to do a good job. Culture can be great but you always seem to have 'that one' person who likes drama and causing issues. hardest part is productivity most enjoyable was small office, easy (free) parking and flexibility
Pros
great pay, great benefits, MANY opportunities for advancement
Cons
change in management often....might cause some distress for awhile
Great place to work.
Data Base Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLAugust 22, 2017
I enjoy my work and my work environment. This is an excellent organization to work for. It is growing within the community and very well regarded. My manager is understanding and helpful. I feel accomplished. and I feel valued.
Pros
Compensation and ease of schedule.
Great Place To Work
Senior Director, IT PMO (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 22, 2017
While I don't agree with all the decisions that were made, the clinic is still a great organization that's really focus on their patients and caregivers.
Okay Place to work
Federal Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Akron, OhioAugust 22, 2017
I was there for a while and I never had any issues, it is a great place to work for. I only left for career advancement otherwise I would still be employed there.
Nursing
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHAugust 21, 2017
I started my nursing career at the Cleveland Clinic 14 years ago as a LPN. Thanks to their wonderful tuition reimbursement program, I was able to obtain my RN license. It's a culturally uplifting diverse place of employment where they truly care about their employees.
Pros
flexible schedule, 12 hour shifts, benefits
employee costs for healthcare are outrageous!!
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  MarymountAugust 21, 2017
If your are not a doctor, nurse, or supervisor, the cost for our healthcare is outrageous!! The CEO claims they provide GREAT healthcare, but neglect to tell you that you have to pay for it and have to stay within the CCF network !! Your vacation and sick time are included in their PTO system, BUT if you call off sick and HAVE sick time available, you still get "points" (penalized) for the call off!!
Love this place
VOICE COMMUNICATION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 19, 2017
Great Place To Work, nice people, great advancements, and wonderful job culture. Cleveland Clinic is a big place but helps alot of people with their healthcare needs and concerns.
Secure job, good benefits, poor management
Polysomnographic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 18, 2017
Working for Cleveland Clinic you have a lot of job security and room to move around, but the management is so poor and staff is so overworked that it makes coming to work hard. Also pay throughout the clinic is less then if your doing the exact same job for another hospital system.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Managment, pay
You Don't Get What You See Here
Medical Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 17, 2017
You get hired into a position on the premise of a million promises of training and room for advancement. None of this happens. In my particular no one is able to move up unless they are best friends with the boss and lead doctor. Management is incredibly unprofessional and unable to separate work from personal. The most enjoyable part of the job is leaving it.
Pros
Hour long lunch
Cons
Management, Lack of communication, no growth opportunities
very fast pace to work must be able to keep up
Patient Care Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, OHAugust 16, 2017
cleveland clinic is a great place to work if you can be around that type of enviroment. the pay is up to date and fair, i think they should give PCNA'S more guidence and have better patience with them especially if they are willing to learn and grow.
Cons
short breaks sometime no breaks at all
Ok place to work
Emergency / Trauma RN (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 16, 2017
You will get great experience here as an RN. The Clinic's main focus is not on the patient even though they say patient's first it is on how fast everyone can work to get patient's out of the hospital asap to get the new ones in. The clinic is all about money
Place for Growth
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 15, 2017
The Cleveland Clinic offers great benefits, room to grow, tuition reimbursement, and just an overall great place to work. It has a great atmosphere and friendly staff.
Once-Great Organization Trending in the Wrong Direction
Patient Access Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 15, 2017
I'll keep my review short and to the point - there is still a lot to like about the Cleveland Clinic, however the flaws in the organization which were always there (namely, workplace politics in which there's an "in" group of designated favorites who rapidly ascend the organizational heirarchy while others who've put in more time and effort languish) have gotten a lot worse in recent years.

What is especially frustrating is that the organization seems to be deliberately turning a blind eye to the concerns of its employees, many of whom have expressed the same observations about work-place politics that I have. In recent years, there have been a TON of people who've been placed in positions far beyond their qualifications based on being relatives of other high-ranking and well-known figures at the Clinic. Additionally in recent years, it seems that the doctors and nurses have lost sight of the fact that there are many other perspectives that need to be taken into consideration, namely those of the support staff who answer the phones and schedule the appointments. If the clinical staff takes the non-clinical staff for granted and communication falters, as has happened lately, the organization as a whole suffers.
Pros
Great Health Benefits, Solid Work/Life Balance, Overall Enjoyable Work
Cons
Workplace Politics are the worst I've ever seen, Favoritism, Lack of Advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cleveland Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.