Cleveland Clinic Employee Reviews

lower level management incompetent
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 1, 2016
Due to restructuring, lower level management is only interested in maintaining their own positions and do not foster a cooperative work environment. The job is good, coworkers are cliquish and constantly deride other individuals, and are not capable of working as a team making the work culture very stressful.
Pros
good health care benefits
Cons
scheduling is a disaster, untrustworthy employees
challenging, fun at times.
Patient Food Worker (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 28, 2016
I love my coworkers. They make me laugh and we enjoy working together. Management isn't so great but they are working on it. They tend to mess up our schedules a lot, there is a lot of favoritism.
Great work place
Interim Cardiac Cath Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLApril 28, 2016
Very busy workdays, amazing co workers willing to train and explain anything I do not understand. I have learned alotsince I have been here.
Volunteering Is Great
Volunteer- Assisting in Occupational Therapy (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 28, 2016
Such an awesome environment with so much to learn. The Cleveland Clinic is truly a pioneer in healthcare. Will continue to volunteer here as long as they will have me!
great pleace to work
Medical assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 27, 2016
great job to work good people great patients. I wish I could have stayed at Cleveland clinic but a better job opportunity came my way. I worked in rainbow and I love working with kids. great place to work thank you Cleveland clinic
Great place to come for medical care, but my department not good!
Patient transporter (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 26, 2016
Love working with my co-workers, but my department there is no room to advance, individuals can not attend school due to management not willing to adjust scheduling (switch off days) so workers can continue or complete their degree. Supervisors/management do not support workers, never on the same page as to work responsibilities for staff, meetings are never informal, just about numbers. Most enjoyable part of the job is conversations with the patients as they are being taken to their appointments within the Clinic. I meet people from different places, from the United States, Europe, Africa, India, etc. And of course my co-workers help me make it through the day, a really good group of people to work with.
Pros
Co-workers and meeting different people.
Cons
No advancement, can not attend school if enrolled.
Cleveland Clinic is a great place to work. It is progressive and allows employees the opportunity to expand their knowledge and expertise
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Hts, OHApril 18, 2016
The Clinic has afforded me the opportunity to interact with patients of diverse backgrounds while providing positive customer service. A hospital setting can be very hectic and complex but I enjoy the diversity and meet the challenges with confidence.
Not a place for young professionals
Coordinator III (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHApril 16, 2016
This company is great if you're a 60+ year old white man with a bachelors degree and 40 years of business experience. Would not recommend for a fresh college graduate - it will only deplete your confidence.
Good Enviroment
Postdoctoral Researcher (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 15, 2016
In Cleveland Clinic, it is pleasant and enjoyable to walk in the buildings, watch the wall drawings, or sit and read in the library. People are always very kind and very polite. It is a great place to work in.
Easy Work
House keeper (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 14, 2016
Working for Cleveland Clinic as a great experience. One can deal with many faces on a day to day basis. To go into work without a positive attitude is going to ruin your day. Not just yours but the patients as well. The work load was never too much. cleaning with a smile isn't hard at all. If I had the opportunity to go back I would.
Great floor to work on
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 13, 2016
I worked on a great floor with even better people. It's a good to place and you see so many different things. Sometimes you do feel like your just a number because the place has 40,000 employees, but overall its not a bad place to work
Pros
so many learning opportunities
Cons
the pay
job experience
HIM Technician/Analyst (Current Employee) –  cleveland clinicApril 13, 2016
The job is rewarding because it allows you to give back It is a great place to work. It is rewarding and you learn a lot from co-workers.
Pros
helping others
Cons
hard to leave
Great place. Can be over the top.
RN (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 12, 2016
This was a great place to work for, but it was very political and physician driven !!! They do the absolute most as far as the hiring process goes, and I almost felt free after leaving. The hospital basically owns their employees. I was screwed over by management. When issues began to rise, everybody turned on me. Nurses beware. You will constantly have to watch over your shoulder. They treat nurses like disposable toys. Coworkers were very nice for the most part and willing to help. The hospital is beautiful. The patient populations are diverse. It wasn't terrible, but I don't think I will be returning.
Pros
Flexible when PRN, and also with nursing students
Cons
Too many pre hire exams, short breaks if any at all, TOO MANY UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS
Great patient care
Medical Assistant Cardiology (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 7, 2016
Enjoy working at ccf, the company is great , took me several months to learn my way around . learned a lot working with nurses and physicians.
A fast-paced environment with a lot of opportunities to learn and grow
Intake Assessment Counselor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 3, 2016
My department is a wonderful place to hone your assessment and crisis intervention skills. Working directly with patients in area emergency rooms has allowed me to hone not just mental health assessment skills but has sharpened my knowledge of medical issues as they relate to mental health diagnoses.

The Cleveland Clinic, like many area hospitals, are relatively unfriendly to counselors. I find it difficult to advocate for my profession in an environment dominated by social workers. Furthermore, it is difficult for me to advance my career within the hospital since many departments prefer social workers over counselors in spite of the fact that counselors, many times, have more solid mental health diagnosis and treatment skills.
Pros
Excellent compensation and benefits
Cons
Required to work many weekends and holidays
Excellent Workplace
Patient Dining Associate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 2, 2016
Great company to be apart of. Management is excellent. Co-workers are more like family. The hardest part of my job is seeing my patients in pain
Great job with great benefits.
Medical Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 2, 2016
The Cleveland Clinic is a great place to have a stable career. The job comes with great benefits such as tuition reimbursement and health care coverage.
very pleasant atmosphere
phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 26, 2016
some days were tough and others rewarding, my co-workers, supervisors and staff amazing, I left the clinic to take care of a Vietnam veteran, I was his caregiver, and now since his passing ready to get out there and show off my skills.
hospital with a great team of therapists and such a beautiful view of the lake
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Willoughby Hills, OHMarch 24, 2016
The biggest challenge you're likely to face while working in a retail pharmacy involves customer contact. Because customers are likely to come to you when they or family members are ill, many are likely to be cranky or impatient. Some will be confused or have other problems, like some drugs are not covered by their insurance plans. Some customers may not speak English. for instance, I have two patients that don't speak English and by being bilinguals I help them by writing notes in Arabic on how to use and store medication and how important to finish regiments till their doctor say so.
working in hospital taught me how to work in a teamwork, and communicate with my co-workers. yes communication makes job a lot easier. Also how to keep a positive attitude no matter what situation you are going through. working in a hospital it is not easy because you are dealing with people that are sick and are not feeling 100% right. after all always treat people the way you want to be treated.
Pro
PCT/CNA (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLMarch 23, 2016
Commended for chart accuracy, effective team collaboration, patient relations and consistent delivery of empathetic care.
Displayed strong clinical skills in assessing vital signs, glucose check and post-operation care.
pro