CLEVELAND HOUSING NETWORK Employee Reviews

Great place for cross training experience
Sales (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 6, 2016
At this place of employment there is a wealth of knowledge for those that want it. Not a stuffy environment. However, the managers demand excellence.
Lease Purchase Department (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 3, 2016
I actually loved my job at CHN! I loved the residents and everything CHN stands for. There is room for improvement in the homeownership area. But over all a good company! Only draw back is room to advance due to funding..... Its a non-profit organization.
Excellent employer, benefits & Staff and educational growth
Family Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 1, 2015
I was the case manager and employment specialist, for consumers residing in home provided by Cleveland Housing Network. There was a vast cultural and ethnic population attached to CHN. I held the highest number of residents placed monthly and consistent and stable retention on the jobs,
Cons
funding ran out to soon
Professional workplace and coworkers
Front Office Administrative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 18, 2015
I enjoyed working at Cleveland Housing Network. I learned a lot from the property manger Idell Logan. Mrs. Logan has taught me so much about property management. I learned to be very professional, patience and positive with residents. I also learned how to complete HUD forms and in-put workers for residents. I enjoyed doing work orders. Best of all the was an wonderful experience for me.
Recptionist, Communications, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 22, 2015
It was a fun time. Sometimes co workers could have been stressful. But overall i enjoyed my times and the coworkers. I loved being open and showing what i can do.
Productive and friendly place to work at.
Computer Teacher Erie Square Apts (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 1, 2015
Always stayed busy and enjoyed the work. My co-workers were very friendly and easy to get alone with. I had the most understanding boss a person could ask for. I learned how to sanitize the bathrooms and use chemicals safely. I loved the flow of cleaning with the other workers, because we had a system so that everyone would not fall behind. We helped each other.
Pros
Enjoyed coming to work everyday
Cons
Great non-profit organization that is community oriented
Energy Partnership Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 23, 2015
Overall, I enjoyed my time spent at Cleveland Housing Network as a program coordinator. This position really gave me experience with leadership and working with different personalities on a team. As a coordinator I was responsible for ensuring low income families in the community were provided with energy efficient appliances. With this position also brought the opportunity to work with experienced contracted auditors. This proved to be challenging at times as I was new to management, but it was all worth it when families were able to save money with the use of our appliances.
Organization has excellent mission, Communication from Management Lacking
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioMarch 5, 2015
Excellent mission by the organization as a whole. Management has a history of limited communication on various company dealings with subordinate employees. Fast paced in most areas. Most employees are extremely friendly and helpful.
Pros
new challenges to tackle daily/weekly
Cons
limited training opportunities provided
Productive, and enjoyable work environment
Intake Specialist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 30, 2015
Client-oriented workplace, processed files in preparation for one-on-one mortgage assistance counseling, team effort employed leading to rewarding experience and client satisfaction
Cool and Productive workplace1
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 17, 2014
At this job we was required to walk door to door to supply customers with energy efficent supplies.
Everybody was nice
Intern/Computer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 3, 2012
I very happy with my internship there...the people was nice and happy
Great job for advancement with casual atmosphere
Receptionist /Adminstrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 23, 2012
I started at Cleveland Housing Network as the front desk receptionist. I truly enjoyed my position. I was responsible for a 10-12 line switchboard. Which most of the time was very hectic. I was also responsible for scheduling conferences, tracking incoming and outgoing parcels. For me the best part of the job was the interaction with the public. I loved being able to help with whatever issue(s) that they may have had. At the same time, it was also very emotionally draining to hear all of the difficult things that the clients dealt with on a daily basis.

I was able to advance pretty quickly, within eight months I was promoted to Administrative Assistant. At first I was very happy with my position. I had more responsibilities. I was able to gain more experience, but my desk was in the back of office, I was seperated by my cubicle walls and my contact with the public had dropped to almost none at all. This is when I found out that I really work better with people in a team setting.
Pros
casual dress code, family friendly, room for advancement
Cons
office gossip

4.2