Cleveland Indians Employee Reviews

Seasonal Usher and Ticket Taker (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 10, 2017
The Cleveland Indians are a great organization to work for. Every employee is treated like family. Exciting,fun,enjoyable atmosphere and competitive wages.
Decent place to work if you enjoy the game of baseball, but dont expect a high payrate.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 9, 2017
At first, this was a fun place to work, and even now its not horrible. But if you're not one for the same, mundane routine everyday, this is not for you. The breaks are 20 minutes, the pay is just above minimum wage, and you get no discounts on tickets. You cant eat the ballpark food, even if you're paying! Some days you go in and have no idea when you'll be getting out. Not a place to work if you can't stand for a long time, as there are not many opportunities to rest outside of your break. While it is not horrible, the lack of simple benefits here and there make you feel unappreciated in all the work you do to make the ballpark enjoyable.
Pros
You get to attend as many indians games as you want (as long as you're working them), flexible schedules, merchandise discount.
Cons
Short breaks, low pay, no discounts on tickets
Dream Job
Marketing Internship (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 23, 2017
Highly competitive to get into. The atmosphere was amazing. Combining a job with my interests is something I have always wanted. With some good background, they will take a look into bringing you on board.
Fun and productive workplace
Custodial Suite Cleaning/Gameday Staff (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 8, 2017
Helping fans create memories while keeping the ballpark clean the most enjoyable part of my work day is enjoying the fans.
The hardest part of the job is keeping some fans satisfied
Great Place to Work
Grounds Crew (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 5, 2017
A great place to work, enjoy the work and the games, can work part time while working another full time job. Get to know some of the players and enjoy working outside
A freindly,and professional work inviroment
Security Guard Officer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 16, 2017
A great work inviromnet makes this one of my all-time favorite job assingments, an the ability to sever an promote my city in performing my daily post requirements,, It also help's as a am big fan.
very fun Great atmosphere
Usher/Ticket Taker (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 17, 2017
great fans
great co-workers
Great vibe
The food smell like no other
One of the best ball parks in the MLB
My favorite section was the bleachers
The biggest Jumbo-Tron ever
Pros
The organization works around your schedule and you get to see the game everyday
Cons
N/a
Go Indians
Lead Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 19, 2016
Friendly environment always lots of new faces to meet. The staff was amazing just like a family. We had fun everyday all while completing our tasks. As long as you can show up the work is fun and easy.
Exciting
Usher -ticket taker (Current Employee) –  Progressive fieldDecember 1, 2016
Fun place to work ,unbelievable atmosphere, workers help each other and care for each other , we all work together to ensure the satisfaction of the fans 100%.
Pros
Get free gear at times, chance to meet and see major league players, watch the World Series, lunches are low cost
Cons
Stand for long hours
Enjoyed the ride
Client Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 28, 2016
I learned a lot working for the Cleveland Indians and enjoyed the ride through from the off season through the post season. I enjoyed managing my clients even though I had 600+.
Amazing work environment
Professional Baseball Player (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 7, 2016
High performance pressure on a daily basis. Learned to maintain a consistent mentality. Learned importance of routine development. Enjoyed being an athlete.
Pros
Professional Athlete
Cons
High Demand to Perform - Stressful
Extremely fun and rewarding place to work
Cleveland Strikers (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 23, 2016
The Cleveland Indians is an incredible organization which challenges me and provides joy everytime I work. Management is phenomenal and coworkers treat you with respect.
Pride in the Ballpark
Usher/ Ticket Taker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 28, 2016
Greet all fans as they enter the park, escort them to their seats, converse with them to see if there are any "extras" they should be aware of (ex: kids club house, first visit certification, bullpen visits, etc.)
I learned great customer service and to always be aware of my surroundings; know where specific things are located in the ballpark so I could assist fans when needed, watch for fans that may need assistance and to be aware of fans sitting in your section.
Management was always near by and if you needed immediate assistance, you held up a red card and help came instantly.
The hardest part of the job was working in 95 degree weather with sweat running down your face and back and not being able to leave your assigned spot. Watching fans drink any liquid, and just wishing for a sip! But the best part of the job was the fans! Making them smile, welcoming them to the ballpark, helping them to make memories of a lifetime- now that was a great job!!!
Pros
free admission to the games
Cons
unable to see the game from certain assigned positions (stairwells, outfield gates, etc.)
great place to work
Distribution Center Associate (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 11, 2016
This is a very great place to work. The managers do a great job connect with their staff and making it an enjoyable work environment.
Baseball Video Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 2, 2016
My office was the ballpark. Fantastic work environment. Surrounded by great people who live the guiding commitments. Really enjoyed my time with the Tribe!
Productive and enjoyable work environment
Intern (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 1, 2016
I enjoy working with my co-workers in this internship. Great experience with an established organization. Learning the operations of a distribution center during their busiest season.
Fun environment, work varied.
AMIT of Ballpark Consessions (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 10, 2015
I did everything a manager would do, from hiring, to reporting, to problem solving, for a smaller pay. The irregular hours are expected of professional sports but are inconvenient. All information was privileged, therefore I was left in the dark on a lot of situations that pertained to me.
Pros
Sports environment
Cons
Tough competitive department
College program with the Cleveland Indians
Student, College Ticket Sales Program (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OH/Cleveland, OHOctober 18, 2015
This program was implemented as a part of a class I had taken. It gave us the opportunity to learn about ticket sales for a Major League Baseball team while also being able to sell tickets. I personally generated $1,240 in ticket sales through this program.
Pros
Learned about ticket sales from an MLB team
Fun and productive environment with great people
Communications Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 14, 2015
This is a wonderful place to grow as an employee and as a person. It is a supportive environment that cares about employees and customers alike and believes in truly developing workers.
Indians
Retail College Partnership Associate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 28, 2015
it is fun working out, talking to people and helping customers.pay is solid, co workers are very nice and help ful. hours can be long