Cleveland Indians Employee Reviews

Pride in the Ballpark
Usher/ Ticket Taker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 28, 2016
Greet all fans as they enter the park, escort them to their seats, converse with them to see if there are any "extras" they should be aware of (ex: kids club house, first visit certification, bullpen visits, etc.)
I learned great customer service and to always be aware of my surroundings; know where specific things are located in the ballpark so I could assist fans when needed, watch for fans that may need assistance and to be aware of fans sitting in your section.
Management was always near by and if you needed immediate assistance, you held up a red card and help came instantly.
The hardest part of the job was working in 95 degree weather with sweat running down your face and back and not being able to leave your assigned spot. Watching fans drink any liquid, and just wishing for a sip! But the best part of the job was the fans! Making them smile, welcoming them to the ballpark, helping them to make memories of a lifetime- now that was a great job!!!
Pros
free admission to the games
Cons
unable to see the game from certain assigned positions (stairwells, outfield gates, etc.)
great place to work
Distribution Center Associate (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 11, 2016
This is a very great place to work. The managers do a great job connect with their staff and making it an enjoyable work environment.
Productive and enjoyable work environment
Intern (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 1, 2016
I enjoy working with my co-workers in this internship. Great experience with an established organization. Learning the operations of a distribution center during their busiest season.
Baseball Video Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 2, 2016
My office was the ballpark. Fantastic work environment. Surrounded by great people who live the guiding commitments. Really enjoyed my time with the Tribe!
Fun environment, work varied.
AMIT of Ballpark Consessions (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 10, 2015
I did everything a manager would do, from hiring, to reporting, to problem solving, for a smaller pay. The irregular hours are expected of professional sports but are inconvenient. All information was privileged, therefore I was left in the dark on a lot of situations that pertained to me.
Pros
Sports environment
Cons
Tough competitive department
College program with the Cleveland Indians
Student, College Ticket Sales Program (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OH/Cleveland, OHOctober 18, 2015
This program was implemented as a part of a class I had taken. It gave us the opportunity to learn about ticket sales for a Major League Baseball team while also being able to sell tickets. I personally generated $1,240 in ticket sales through this program.
Pros
Learned about ticket sales from an MLB team
Fun and productive environment with great people
Communications Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 14, 2015
This is a wonderful place to grow as an employee and as a person. It is a supportive environment that cares about employees and customers alike and believes in truly developing workers.
Professional
College Retail Partnership Associate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 11, 2015
• Provided friendly service to fans promoting the Cleveland Indians Image.
• Adapted to working in a variety of locations throughout the season, including main Team Shop.
• Served mainly as an associate selling merchandise to fans.
• Worked and learned how the Distribution Center performs their day-to-day tasks.
• Performed inventory counts on stands.
Pros
management
Cons
short breaks, minimum wage
Love showing up everyday to a fun environment!
Kids Clubhouse (Current Employee) –  Cleveland OhioMay 28, 2015
I really enjoy working in the Kids Clubhouse. I am getting paid to play wiffle ball with kids! How awesome is that! Everyone I work with is friendly and it just makes for a great experience for everyone.
Pros
Working for an MLB Organization
Cons
Short breaks
I love my job
Custodial Game Day Staff (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 8, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is being around Baseball. While i am working i can constantly hear the game over speakers or on one of the televisions around the building. And sometimes i even catch a glimpse of the game from a window. All of my co-workers are really friendly and easy to work with.
Pros
very flexible job
Cons
only a seasonal job
Encouraging and fun workplace with great co-workers
Runner/Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 16, 2014
Organize warehouse during downtime, perform suite checks, various event set ups, various calls from different departments, different tasks everyday from replacing equipment around the ballpark to dealing with fans to filling in for a coworkers break. No day is ever the same and has made me a more well rounded person.
Pros
working in professional baseball, important behind the scenes work, great networking
Cons
constant walking and standing for 10-12 hours a day, no set work schedule, very late nights depending on post game activities and length of game.
Interesting job and some great people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 7, 2014
I met a lot of new and interesting people and learned a lot of things. I received some good hours, but some of the people in management could have been better. Some of them let the "power" get to their heads.They lack leniency and understanding for their employees who work their behinds off. Our lunch break was short and we could even purchase an food from the stadium. None the less I do not regret working there and if asked back I would accept, but if another job called and I had to chose between the Indians and another job, I would pick the other job.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
short breaks, undercover decoys
Fun workplace with lots of customer interaction
Fan Photographer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 9, 2012
A typical day at work is about four to five hours long, maybe longer depending on game delays. I walk around the Indians stadium approaching and inquiring with fans about having a fan photo taken. Co-workers are great and willing to help with anything needed. The hardest part of the job is being on your feet for so long as well as dealing with the harsh summer heat. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to interact with so many fans who just want to have a fun and memorable experience.
Pros
fan interaction
Cons
heat, being on feet for extended periods of time.
Fun, Pleasant, Difficult
Usher/Ticket Taker (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 31, 2012
I have made alot of friends on this job, and I have learned to treat my co-workers with respect and the hardest part of the job is when customers come and complain to me about the smoking ban in the workplace because of Ohio's smokefree law! The most enjoyable aspect of the job is when I make fans feel welcome!
Pros
awards for perfect attendance, and incentives (i.e. tickets to an indians game)
Cons
short breaks, no health coverage!
Fun Workplace
Fun Bunch Member (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 3, 2013
I was a part of the Fun Bunch. It was such a great experience to work in a location that I love to go to in my spare time, Progressive Field. To be able to work behind the scenes and learn how so many people are involved to make things run smoothly was extremely eye opening and enlightening. I was able to interact with new people every day and give so many children happy memories.
Great Learning Experience
Strength and Conditioning Intern (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 15, 2014
A typical day includes general maintenance of the Cleveland Indians weight room but when the team is on the road, it allows me to visit affiliate sites to get more of a hands-on experience with strength and conditioning. Everyone within the Cleveland Indians organization are very friendly and helpful.
Great Summer Job
Seasonal Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  cleveland ohioNovember 14, 2012
Don't expect to get rich because you don't get many hours, but if you like the idea of getting paid to work at a MLB park, to be able (most of the time) to watch the game and interact with passionate fans, then this is something you should check out for a summer job.
Pros
watching games, going onto the field
Cons
not many hours
Indians
Retail College Partnership Associate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 28, 2015
it is fun working out, talking to people and helping customers.pay is solid, co workers are very nice and help ful. hours can be long
Baseball
Baseball Player (Minors) (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 1, 2012
I was playing baseball, what's not to love about that. Co-workers were excellent. Management was rough. Hardest part was the workouts. Most enjoyable were the fans. I learned it's not as easy as it looks, and it can end at anytime even if you think you are doing well.
great to work for,butneeds some benifits.
Pressure Washer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 21, 2012
Was an exciting job, with deadlines being met. Learned about hydrolic machinery an landscaping. I injoyed working around the players. To bad its seasonal!
Pros
working around players
Cons
cleaning the bowl after a game

4.4