The Cleveland Institute of Music is seeking a Communications Manager who will manage internal communications, magazine production and media relations for the Institute. This position requires exceptional writing skills, ability to manage multiple time-sensitive projects and proven success in working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. In addition to internal communications and magazine production, the Communications Manager executes all aspects of CIM’s media plan, which includes developing and managing media lists, identifying story opportunities, pitching story ideas and maintaining relationships with targeted media. The Communications Manager must also possess superior project management skills as the main project manager on publications for key institute-wide projects including commencement, concert programs and the annual concert guide.
- Draft high quality communications, including press releases, magazine articles and e-communications.
- Manage all aspects of CIM’s magazine including writing, editing and developing/maintaining the editorial calendar. Oversee production and distribution.
- Manage CIM’s media relations, which includes crafting pitches, developing story ideas and building relationships with local and national media. Track media placement.
- Execute large-scale project management for annual publications that require participation from several CIM departments.
- Work with software to create and distribute eblasts for internal and external audiences.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism or related field of study preferred
- 4+ years of experience in communications, marketing or a related field
- Possess acute attention to detail and a commitment to a final quality product
- Demonstrated success in media placement
- Ability to write clear, concise communications appropriate to a variety of targeted audiences
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Desire to work in fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment
- Work effectively both independently and collaboratively
A writing exercise will be required as part of the interview process. To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume online at www.cim.edu/positions by May 12, 2014.