Cleveland Job Corps Center Employee Reviews in United States

It changed my entire life.
medical office administration (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 2, 2015
It's one of the best places that was actually for me I thank the staff everyday. They are very happy for us students. They're very helpful.
Pros
free lunches free trade free high school diploma free board and you get paid every two weeks
Cons
5 write up's and your terminated
Learning Experience
Certified Medical Assistant / Instructor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 6, 2015
I is a nice place to work. You learn a lot. 8 Career Success Standards are stressed there to teach professionalism to students.
Pros
Willing Students
Cons
Deligation of duties
The WORST Place/JOB EVER! High Turnover on Students and Staff
Career Counselor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 24, 2014
This is hands down the worst and most traumatic employment experience I've had. It has been alleged that a former manager/supervisor put her hands on a staff member and wasn't immediately terminated. Its that unbelievable. The expectations, workload, and competence of management are all unbelievable. I'm surprised the government still funds this place.
Many students have mental health problems and do not have proper care prior to coming or can maintain it, but they still bring in the students only for them to want to leave. High turnover in staff due to poor leadership and high turnover in students because they are over promised and facility under-performed. Credentials and experience are not a firm requirement for staff to advance just memorize the handbook and not know how to implement it or attend a Big 10 university.
People have walked off the job or not return after lunch because its horrible. Almost similar to medium security prison. Teacher leave within the first week due to high stress, disorderly students, unsupportive staff, safety concerns, and the list goes on.
Pros
leaving the job
Cons
poor leadership, horrible management, and questionable reporting
Good place to work.
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 29, 2014
There is a lot of driving and meeting the students is Ok. There is not a hard part to this job.
Horrible work enviornment
Career counselor (Former Employee) –  ClevelandMay 24, 2014
Working in the counseling department was a challenge. The hours were extremely long and the caseload was very high. I had almost 70 plus students. The management is not supportive and very unfair. The supervisor placed barriers amongst the team so that there would not be harmony amongst the counseling team. You have to meet with each student monthly and have a week of on call where you are literally on call 24 hours which causes you not to be able to complete your work assignments. There are many trips to bus stations and other places that hinder your work.
Cons
no lunch breaks, work on saturdays, long hours
very fun and busy
Medical Office Support Intern (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 31, 2013
The hardest part of this job is the heat when working but this job can be very enjoyable too. planting can be very relaxing but cutting grass and weeding is a good way for me to let out some energy, for me this is good because I am very energetic.
great company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 28, 2013
no day was typical you deal with teenagers and young adults on a daily basis

Comment – February 1, 2013

All Finance Staff are not professional. Especially the Finance Manager she very sloppy, A/P Clerk flirt too much w/Students and Staff, Payroll person can't speak english. These are the ghetto group. Where do you find all these people.

I enjoyed meeting new people on the daily basis,worked as a cashier and loved the chicken.
STNA Trainee (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 13, 2012
I was a cashier and took down orders.I did not like it when the business was slow then it get boring.I enjoyed the different customers, I like how we did at one point made chicken /fish/gyros/and italian beef sandwiches. I love my co-workers even though we had our moments it turned out for the good.Great teamwork!
Pros
laid back, free food, cool co-workers and a crazy boss
Cons
was not organized when it came to scheduling the hours, didnt get preferred day shift.
Enjoyed mentoring the youth.
Testing Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 30, 2012
My day at The Cleveland Job Corps Academy consisted of me testing students in the TABE(Test of Adult Basic Education). Preparing them to test and to pre-test for their GED exams. Monitoring the halls and subbing in classes where alsopart of my dailey duties.
Pros
our weekly pep rallys and yearly festival
Cons
very unruly students!!!