Cleveland Metroparks Employee Reviews

Wilwood Marina is on Lake Erie oferring many attractions to the fishing enthusiest
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 7, 2015
I enjoyed working in a fast pace and sometimes stressful environment which challenged me to grow, learn and succeed. I handled bookings for Private and Public Fishing Charters. Planned and organized events and food menus
Pros
The Marina is located in a beautiful park overlooking Lake Erie
Cons
It is a seasonal business.
Would have been okay if there had been structure
Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Garfield Heights, OHMay 6, 2015
Benefits were good, there was no set vision as they claim to have. I also felt that things could have been handled a different way.

From my original manager I learned a lot and looked forward to working with her but they transferred her. I had many responsibilities but because of my background nothing was difficult. When I had questions I asked them
benefits
Cons
no break no structure no vision
Why treat your employees so poorly? Don't you want happy, hardworking people working for you?
Parks staff (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 15, 2015
Why should we smile and be decent to the patrons when you do not do the same to us? Management walks passed us lowly workers, we greet them, and they do not even say hello. They don't even bother to learn our names. Can't stand it, but I have to keep this job. Would love it if someone could clean house at the administration level rather than the basic staff .
Pros
coworkers, job environment, liveable salary/benefits
Cons
management from my superior all the way to the top
Great people work here. Very high standards
Education Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 27, 2014
This is a wonderful place to work. Everyone shares the same goals-conservation and concern for the planet. Best part of the job is guest interactions and co-workers. Worst part-it's part time and I need full time. Jobs are limited.
Pros
excellent reputation
Cons
limited ability to move up, lack of career development.
worked by my self
janitor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 25, 2014
Its was a short day and it was an pretty good job, Clean the main room and restroom and clean windows
The Metroparks was a really great summer job.
SEASONAL MAINTENANCE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Euclid Beach/ WildwoodFebruary 20, 2014
I worked at Euclid Beach/ Wildwood and really enjoyed the job. Cleaning bathrooms was the worst, but that usually only took a few hours. After that, it was doing outdoor chores on and along the beach. The co-workers all seemed to care about their work and took pride in their accomplishments.
Pros
working along the beach, good co-workers, some autonomy
Cons
cleaning public restrooms, picking up dead animals
Natural Recourses Internship
Hydrology Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  Fairview Park, OHFebruary 10, 2014
I worked in the Natural Resources Dept. at the Cleveland Metroparks. I gained excellent work experience dealing with Hydrology equipment and sampling procedures. I enjoyed working with the employees at the metroparks.
Excellent learning opportunity
Field Botanist Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 13, 2014
Being part of the plant community assessment team, I had the pleasure of learning what types of trees and plant communities exist in Northeast Ohio. I got to experience the Cleveland Metroparks from a different perspective and gained a new appreciation for my local surroundings. I had excellent coworkers and bosses that were always helpful and knowledgable. The training at the beginning of the summer was very thorough. We would start each day by driving to the area where our designated GPS point was located. We would pace out the 20 meter by 50 meter plot; take the soil sample, identify and measure the trees within the plot and identify invasive species.
Pros
working outdoors
Cons
seasonal work
Very Productive
Ground Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Garfield Heights, OHDecember 19, 2013
Good experience on general labor work and getting a chance to interact with different types of people day in and day out.
Great place to work especially around nature
Manager/Employee Relations (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 26, 2013
Developed, implemented, coordinated and administered all employee relations programs and activities; revised and maintained employee policy handbook and conduct training pertaining to human resources policies and procedures; acted as liaison for employees; responsible for employee advocacy and orientations; assisted Director of Human Resources with labor relations and collective bargaining; helped to conduct employee misconduct investigations; developed, interpreted and actualized human resources program goals and objectives, policies, procedures and courses of action.
Awesome internship
Help Desk Intern (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHOctober 12, 2013
Help desk staff was great to work with. I was able to learn a lot about different aspects of the job.
Productive and Fun work Place
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, OHJanuary 15, 2013
A typical day at work consists of going to our shack, getting the equipment out, setting up the equipment and waiting for our guests to arrive. When they do, we head towards our designated lifeguard chairs. Then the day goes by and at 8:45 we have to kick out all the people straggling behind. At 8:45 we pack up the equipment and return it to the shack. At 9 pm we head home.
Best Internship Ever!
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 2, 2012
This is the best internship anyone could ask for! Loved my co workers everyone is so friendly!
Pros
loved my co workers
Cons
work at a very slow pace