Cleveland Metroparks Employee Reviews

relaxed culture
Seasonal Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHNovember 5, 2017
non-stressful, manual labor. new tasks daily. work independently without much supervision. tasks change daily. Get to work outside. Work with a big crew.
Pros
relaxed culture
Cons
low pay
Highly Recommend This Company!
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, OHNovember 1, 2017
I highly recommend working for The Cleveland Metroparks. This company is great and always looking to make Cleveland a better place and fix it up. I was a bartender at the Edgewater Beach House and was paid very well. The management were very relaxed and fun to be around. Overall this seasonal position was great!
Pros
Management, Coworkers, Hours
no room for advancement
Service Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 30, 2017
manager had his favorites, able to try for different positions within the park system, however was not called for interview, was not given reason not hired on full time or part time.
Pros
liked working with fellow seasonal co-workers, free zoo pass
Cons
no advancement, no respect for seasonal workers.
Very fun and coworkers are great
Concession/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHOctober 2, 2017
The shifts are morning or night but not too bad for a part time job. Co workers very fun and helpful. The metroparks is a very great place to make some extra cash.
Great place to work. Was promoted after two months
Ohio (Former Employee) –  OhioSeptember 11, 2017
I truely enjoyed working for the company. There is room for advancement.
It was fast paced at times and multitasking was indeed. There was nothing hard about working here. Everyone is giving employees ample time and training to know what your job is...
Pros
Meeting new ppl, great place
Cons
Not all yr round
General Manger of Food and Beverage (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 4, 2017
Good place to work but Salary is too low. Great upper management, Holidays off! Sick Day's..Every day is not the same. Very busy in the summer must be flexible with Seasonal Employee's and think out side the box
Dream job
Naturalist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 5, 2017
I adore working for the CMP! I was only a seasonal, so the pay and benefits are not great, but I was basically an intern without the label and honestly I was amazed I got paid to the stuff I did in the first place! I got to work with animals, hike, teach kids about everything I love in nature, I got freedom to design and lead my own programs, and everyone was very helpful and kind. The seasonal position is a great foot in the door, and I know for a fact that their permanent employees get great benefits and pay, so it's a step in the right direction. My coworkers were amazing and knowledgeable, my boss was amazing, and my boss' boss was amazing. Over-all, a WONDERFUL place to work for!!
Pros
Awesome environment (outdoor and professional), great employees, rewarding work
Cons
Pay isn't good (for seasonals), nearly impossible to get a full-time job as a naturalist
fun public place
Chalet/Hayrides & Toboggan Chute Operator (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJuly 13, 2017
great place to learn and grow with and has many different opportunities such as people you meet and the connections that they can lead you to all while working in a place
Pros
private groups, events
great summer job
Food & Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 6, 2017
The Cleveland metro parks is a great place to work during the summer. There are great managers and lot to do after work and lots of benefits too. This is a great summer job for college stundents and people that enjoy being out doors.
Pros
great managers
Good as Seasonal, Great as full time
Seasonal Maintenance Laborer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 14, 2017
Seasonal benefits limited me to free zoo and golf passes which was nice, but they don't compare to the full time position benefits. Both positions hook you up with OPERS.
Exciting and Fun Workplace
SUMMER GROUNDS CREW (Former Employee) –  Fairview Park, OHApril 25, 2017
Working for the Cleveland Metroparks was an extremely fun and friendly environment that forwarded my knowledge in the field of facilities management. The work, being mostly landscaping, was physically demanding. However, the surroundings were beautiful and it was an extremely enjoyable experience, particularly as a summer job.
Positive experience
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHApril 5, 2017
Positive experience. Supervisor & co-workers very easy to work
with & always willing to help. Only worked during the holidays, not
really able to make any judgments. Although the customers were
very nice & complimentary.
Pros
Professional atmosphere, very encouraging
Cons
Temp.-holiday season work
Only worked seasonal, but loved the job
Seasonal Grounds Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Brecksville, OHJune 2, 2016
Cleveland Metroparks offers great perks to its employees. I only worked seasonally, but my superiors were always willing to answer questions and work with my schedule. Great for anyone that enjoys working outside
Pros
Free golf
For me, it was a privilege
Field Biologist (Former Employee) –  Streetsboro, OHDecember 13, 2015
This was a dream job for anyone who loves the outdoors, and doesn't mind physical labor. I removed invasive species from a very biologically diverse wetland. The work was hard. We trudged through muck, worked in the cold rain, sometimes its was extremely hot and humid, and almost always buggy. We had to drag large tree limbs to a remote pile, as to remove the seed bank from the area. More than once, we were told to move the piles to a different area, which was not only exhausting, but mind-boggling as to why we had to move it again in the first place. Sometimes, I wore a heavy backpack sprayer, and sprayed herbicide in the air to cover fields of cattail or phragmites. Overall, I learned a lot from my boss about plants and wetland restoration. Everyday was a great experience because I could be in nature, and I felt like I was doing good for the environment. Amazing experience, but difficult.
Pros
working outdoors and learning about plants
Cons
exposure to herbicide, not very good pay
Wilwood Marina is on Lake Erie oferring many attractions to the fishing enthusiest
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 7, 2015
I enjoyed working in a fast pace and sometimes stressful environment which challenged me to grow, learn and succeed. I handled bookings for Private and Public Fishing Charters. Planned and organized events and food menus
Pros
The Marina is located in a beautiful park overlooking Lake Erie
Cons
It is a seasonal business.
Would have been okay if there had been structure
Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Garfield Heights, OHMay 6, 2015
Benefits were good, there was no set vision as they claim to have. I also felt that things could have been handled a different way.

From my original manager I learned a lot and looked forward to working with her but they transferred her. I had many responsibilities but because of my background nothing was difficult. When I had questions I asked them
benefits
Cons
no break no structure no vision
Why treat your employees so poorly? Don't you want happy, hardworking people working for you?
Parks staff (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 15, 2015
Why should we smile and be decent to the patrons when you do not do the same to us? Management walks passed us lowly workers, we greet them, and they do not even say hello. They don't even bother to learn our names. Can't stand it, but I have to keep this job. Would love it if someone could clean house at the administration level rather than the basic staff .
Pros
coworkers, job environment, liveable salary/benefits
Cons
management from my superior all the way to the top
Great people work here. Very high standards
Education Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 27, 2014
This is a wonderful place to work. Everyone shares the same goals-conservation and concern for the planet. Best part of the job is guest interactions and co-workers. Worst part-it's part time and I need full time. Jobs are limited.
Pros
Excellent reputation
Cons
Limited ability to move up, lack of career development.
worked by my self
janitor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 25, 2014
Its was a short day and it was an pretty good job, Clean the main room and restroom and clean windows
The Metroparks was a really great summer job.
SEASONAL MAINTENANCE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Euclid Beach/ WildwoodFebruary 20, 2014
I worked at Euclid Beach/ Wildwood and really enjoyed the job. Cleaning bathrooms was the worst, but that usually only took a few hours. After that, it was doing outdoor chores on and along the beach. The co-workers all seemed to care about their work and took pride in their accomplishments.
Pros
Working along the beach, good co-workers, some autonomy
Cons
Cleaning public restrooms, picking up dead animals