CLEVELAND METROPOLITAN SCHOOL DISTRICT

CLEVELAND METROPOLITAN SCHOOL DISTRICT Employee Reviews

Never a dull moment
Teacher (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Meet interesting and fun people
Cons: Never a dull moment
Things change rapidly and unexpectedly. Trying to find the correct educational balance is tricky. Therefore, the methods and strategies change often.
Rewarding yet Challenging with allot of responsibilities towards teachers.
Second Grade Teacher/Chairperson (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Field trips special assemblies
Cons: Lunch breaks too short, too many after-school meetings.
Working in Cleveland had it's ups and downs. The satisfactory of working with children was most rewarding. Every job has it's challenges. Most of the teachers that I knew were very hard working teachers, and they would always did things for kids.
Inconsistent workplace.
Intervention Specialist (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 29, 2015
Pros: Helping the students become successful.
Cons: Working with unprofessional adults.
This is a challenging position with constant changes. You need to be an independent thinker as communication may not always be relayed in a timely manner.
Excellent
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Wilbur Wright Elementary SchoolJune 28, 2015
Pros: Loved Wilbur Wright Elementary School
Cons: not as many tests
Teaching cognitive disability students in the 7th and 8th grades, grading papers, administering tests,and all related teaching requrements
Amazng place to work
Substitute Paraprofessional (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 20, 2015
I love the children and the staff. Very dedicated teachers, most of whom enjoy teaching. Great retirement benefits as well. Work here if you would like to make a difference. You can! Also, opportunities to find your niche once you're "in".
My review summary was very good.
PCIA (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 8, 2015
My Overall for Cleveland Schools is 5 stars. Visiting Nurse Service also is 5 stars. This company makes sure that the students gets the proper education. Also, safety and security is very necessary, they are very serius with this, They make sure they protect our students. They also is zero tolorence and bullying.
Opportunities for advancement
Teacher - Special Education (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 8, 2015
Cleveland Metropolitan School District is a great organization to explore and advance if you are a go getter. The staff is always welcoming and willing to give you a hand across the district.
If kids are your business then this is the place to take your skills.
Productive, structured enviornment
Solution Specialist/Project Manager (Current Employee), 1111 Superior AveMay 30, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: Evaluation process
My place of employment is what you make it. It can be the worst place to work if you don't like what you do. I think it is fabulous. I love the fact that I have a part of a child's education and future. We are there to assist our community. Our goal is to challenge our students with a rigorous curriculum that considers the individual learning styles, program preferences and academic capabilities of each student, while utilizing the highest quality professional educators, administrators and support staff available.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 29, 2015
Pros: Free lunch for everyone
Cons: Special classes been removed like home economics
CMSD is a great urban school district to work for. I love the diversity of the districts, and all the services it provides for special needs students.
It is a pleasure to work at this school
Building Substitute (Current Employee), Cleveland School of the Arts Lower CampusMay 15, 2015
Pros: The staff
Cons: Job Security
The days are often enjoyable at Cleveland School of the Arts Lower. I have learned to not sweat the small stuff. My boss is the best boss ever because she motivates her staff. The hardest part of the job is knowing that my position is not promised from year to year. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I am sculpting young minds.
Works well with others...
Security Officer (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 22, 2015
Like to work with the public as well is a hard worker... Work with kids daily & parents/staff... Working for the school is fun at times but also can be a little crazy...
Great place
Assistant Satellite Cook (Current Employee), CMSDApril 7, 2015
Great place to work, they are all about promoting from within.
There are many opportunities once you become a permanent worker.
Great organization to learn and work.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Supported development
Cons: Lack of benefits
The environment is diverse and on going development is supported by the organization. I enjoyed connecting with the community as an educator.
Changes
Intervention Specialist (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: great medical benefits
Cons: questionable management practices, too many yes men in administration
With all of the recent changes to the contract and evaluation process,Cleveland Schools have become an At Will employer.
Enjoyed working with the students
Substitute Paraprofessional (Former Employee), Cleveland, OhDecember 19, 2014
Pros: building relationships with the students
Cons: low pay, staff unproffessional, system failure
I worked as a substitute paraprofessional and I really enjoyed working with the students in the special education department. If you enjoy being a mentor and compassionate about helping them succeed this will be very fulfilling. However the teacher I was under lacked preparation, the proper skills, and mentality so it made my job twice as hard. Also the management system as a whole need a custome service in-service on how to treat your peers, students, and visitors. What could have been a very rewarding job turned out to be unfullfilling especially considering the paycut I took.
room for advancement
Family Liaison (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 9, 2014
Pros: room for advancement
professional development is provided
able to provide positive supports to the staff & youth
benefits offered
Love working with kids
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee), ClevelandDecember 8, 2014
A typical day is searching the students as they arrive into school. Helping in securing the school and the students and faculty. Love working and coaching children. Helping them any way I can.
Very rewarding experience.
Classroom Teacher/Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHNovember 3, 2014
Pros: healthcare coverage
Cons: time consuming
Very rewarding experience. Challenges are experienced every day. There is no such thing as a typical day of teaching - each day brings all new challenges.
Very Poor Adminstrators
Intervention Specialist (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHAugust 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch, healthcare, good pay
Cons: overworked
A typical day at work is teaching K-4th grade special education students. The hardest part of the job is teaching 4 grade levels using 4 textbooks without a teacher's assistant. I was assaulted by a student. A student was referred to the office for poking another student, he was immediately sent back to my classroom. EMIS was called 4 times this school year! A few teachers had nervous breakdowns at school because of the stress. The most enjoyable : Most of the co-workers are very professional; students are held to high academic standards.
Wonderful place to work if you like working around students.
Secretary (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHAugust 15, 2014
A typical day at work starts off with greeting the staff as the entered the building. Also, answering the phone and taking messages for the staff and occasional messages for the students. Next on the agenda was inputting student attendance and staff attendance for the day. Afterwards I might distribute supplies to the staff and replenish the storeroom if necessary. If the Administrator needed something copied for distribution to the staff I would do that as well. Since we only had a Nurse part-time I was responsible for giving students their medication if they had to take it during school hours. Enrolling, transferring and withdrawing students were a part of the job of being a School Secretary. However, the best part of my job allowed me to interact with students on a daily basis which I really enjoyed. I guess the hardest part of my job was the day I retired, because it took me from the presence of my school family on a daily basis. Nonetheless, I volunteer to continue to work with Girl's Together a group that I started during my lunch break empowering young girls to make better choices in life.

1 2 3

About CLEVELAND METROPOLITAN SCHOOL DISTRICT

The Cleveland Metropolitan School District envisions 21st Century Schools of Choice where students will be challenged with a rigorous – Read more

CLEVELAND METROPOLITAN SCHOOL DISTRICT Salaries