CLEVELAND SIGHT CENTER Employee Reviews

Agency College Intern
Internship, Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 7, 2017
I wasn't an official employee just a college intern. I was provided the opportunity to work in the various departments of the agency. I love everything about this agency. I feel that this agency is a great example for how all social service agencies should operate. The majority of the staff resembles the target population serviced by the agency which is phenomenal. Who would better services a population better than its counterparts? This agency provides services for every aspect of the sight impaired client life and openly invites sighted family and friends to be a part of there events and community.
Pros
Work doesn't seem like work in this environment.
Cons
It would be nice if all work atmosphere resembled this one, but most don't
Training
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 26, 2017
I was not trained well for this position.The web site did not include everything about tourism; nor was the training of other websites included. I had to google many questions find the correct information.
Pros
Experience
Working at home
Call Center Rep (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 18, 2017
I currently work at home and it is okay. I miss the social aspect of working. I learned how to help people and give them the best service possible. The hardest part of my job is when I can't give the answer to my customer because it's not available at the time. I enjoy when me and my coworkers get together for in service meetings.
Great Mission Statement
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 21, 2017
The Cleveland Sight Center's Mission Statement is to help visually impaired and blind people reach their full potential and shape the community views of that potential.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Low Pay Rate
An Eye Opener
Camp Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 8, 2017
To see what the blind can do amazed me. Things I couldn't even do. Volunteering here was such a reward and I loved getting to know the staff and campers.
Great People Miricle Workers
Employment Generalist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland OhioOctober 3, 2015
Dedicated hard working staff. Staff will go above and beyond everyday without question. Staff will do anything to serve clients.
Pros
Great staff.
a wonderful mission and overall a great work place
Data Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 10, 2015
This was a great place to work. The mission to enable persons with vision loss to reach their full potential is admirable. The team of line staff are all dedicated professionals and generally pleasant.

The hardest part of the job was managing continually changing and frequently vague direction.

Hopefully under new administration a more positive environment can be maintained.
Pros
nice new building and wonderful co-workers
Very enjoyable place to work.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 16, 2015
Very relaxed atmosphere. Nice staff and general good vibes in office. Low stress and nice flow of work for a call center. A typical day could include anywhere from 50-150 calls from the quirky to the quick answer. Co-workers all very friendly and pleasant. Helping customers is the hardest yet most enjoyable thing about working for the company.
Pros
great management
Cons
minimal hours
Excellant
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland OhioJanuary 12, 2015
A very caring, excellant managed organization. Great staff and co-workers.I work with many local employers to provide employmeny opportunities for the blind, visually impaired and also individuals with mental health issues.

I pay personnel visits to employers groups, attend job fairs. I also host employer groups for visits to the facility.
Pros
Helping visually inpaired persons find employment.
Cons
Consumer require extensive training.
Productive atmosphere
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 17, 2014
Enjoyable experience along with a compassionate feeling for individuals with disabilities. The opportunity to become a part of a team.
Pros
Job Rotation
Cons
Various breaks

Want to know more about CLEVELAND SIGHT CENTER?

Ask a question
too hard for my age
Cook (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 22, 2013
no breaks, a long time on my feet.i wasn't meant to work here.i had one coworker who didn't talk .the hardest part was trying to be a fast cook.nothing was very enjoyable.
Cons
i wasn't meant to be a short order cook
A great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 4, 2012
- Come together as a family to get the job done
- Learned that the job is a well oiled engine
- Management is helpful, concerned and easy to communicate with
- The co-workers are always helpful, fun and concerned
- Not making more money
- I enjoy every aspect of the job
It is very rewarding.
Pathways II Counselor/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 26, 2012
Everyone is serious about improving the quality of life of the individuals they service.