Cleveland Spanish School and Academy is now interviewing part-time Spanish teachers for our evening adult classes and morning/afternoon children's classes. If you speak fluent Spanish and have a background in Spanish immersion education, consider joining our team for a part-time job! We offer a competitive pay rate, paid training, and additional opportunities to teach private classes. Please, only experienced candidates should apply. All applicants should be bilingual in Spanish and English and be authorized to work in the US.
1) Candidates should be fluent in Spanish and have at least basic English skills
2) Candidates should have education and/or work experience teaching complex concepts in Spanish, such as the subjunctive, past participle, etc.
3) Candidates should have experience teaching Spanish as a second language in an immersion, Spanish-only setting.
4) Must be able to work independently and with colleagues to ensure proper class preparation, communicate with students/parents, and manage your own substitutions if required.
5) Teachers are responsible for all communication with students/parents on a weekly basis and should be comfortable communicating in English via email and phone.
6) Should be comfortable using email and Microsoft Office to manage classroom material
7) Providing feedback on curriculum is important
Pay rate is $22.50 - $30.00 per hour depending on location. Teachers are responsible for their own transportation to schools in the greater Cleveland area. Candidates must be authorized to work in the US.
Adult classes are taught in the evenings Monday through Thursday in Lakewood. Children's classes are taught throughout the greater Cleveland area before and after school and on Saturday mornings in Lakewood.