Cleveland State University Employee Reviews

Good professors, bad administration
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 20, 2017
As a graduate assistant, professors absolutely do care about you and your advancement, but the administration is awful. There is so much stress about how long you will actually be able to stay because the administration pulls funding at the drop of a hat. There are great opportunities to learn and job fairs, etc, but you can't be assured that you're going to be there longer than a few semesters. Don't get comfortable.
Pros
Caring professors
Cons
stress of not knowing how long you can stay
Account Clerk 3
Account Clerk 3 (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 6, 2017
I love working at CSU it has competitive wages health insurance, dental and vision. CSU offers paid vacations and paid sick days, although you earn 4 hours each pay period the benefits are awesome. I have work with a divers group of people which enable me to become very diverse. I have obtain culture competence skills through CSU and other important skills that a person needs to perform.
I am really happy to work over here and the faculty members are too supportive and i enjoy working with the students.
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 5, 2017
I have learnt ways in which i can make understand a complex problem to the students in a simpler manner, which is one of the very crucial factors for client handling.
Pros
Knowledge expansion, improving communication skills etc
Cons
None.
Good practicing position
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 28, 2017
A good chance to practice and review some course work in a laboratory.
Arranging Lab Experiments and Equipment
Demonstrating and Explaining Experiment Procedures
Evaluating Lab Reports and Homework
Fun place with relxed environment
Chemistry SI leader (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 22, 2017
I genuinely enjoy teaching chemistry to other students. I worked with a co-leader to manage sessions who later on became my best friend. Eventually, I had to leave tutoring so I could focus more on school
balanced work place
Information Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 17, 2017
sometimes its slow paced and sometimes its very fast paced. it could be competitive and sometimes it could be relational. but overall, it is a good place to work. job security is there and benefits are there too.
Part Time Tutor
Electrical Engineering Tutor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 16, 2017
Help students to understand Electrical concepts, logic design, micro controller.
Give them similar real time examples to make them easy to understand and remember for long time.
Great Environment
Interactive Video for Distance (Current Employee) –  Cleveland State UniversityOctober 7, 2017
This was a great job for me to have while in college. The environment was supportive of students and offered a lot of learning. I would recommend this to students.
Great on campus work for students
Equipment Circulation Team Member (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 4, 2017
Very relaxed environment for students to work conveniently on campus. Plenty of time to do homework. Scheduling is flexible as well. Overall I am satisfied and plan to work on campus until I graduate.
Excellent place to teach.
Adjunct faculty, School of Communications (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 2, 2017
Cleveland State's Communication School values its students and give them ample opportunities to grow. I grew my own public speaking and leadership skills while there.
Pros
Meeting students
Cons
Lack of opportunities.

Want to know more about Cleveland State University?

Ask a question
Worked with robots in PeRL
Paid Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 30, 2017
I had a fun time being the only developer for a robot that could have easily been traded for a new car. I got to pick my own hours as long as I was under 20 a week (didn't get paid after that, university rule). It was an invaluable experience for me. Would do again.
Csu
English as a Second Language Instructor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 20, 2017
I love teaching, but being an adjunct is hard because we have been getting less and less students and less classes. I usually go to work in the mornings, I teach M-F. I have two classes and this semester I am teaching at 3 schools.
Pros
diversity
Cons
not enough classes
I worked in the Department of Continuing Education, and it was a great experience
Instructor, Department of Continuing Education (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 14, 2017
I enjoyed the time I was working at CSU. Staff were friendly, and manager extremely helpful.

I worked in the Dept. of Continuing Education, where classes were scattered throughout the semester. The department head at the time was very easy to work with, and understood I had to work around my full time job schedule.
Excellent
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 5, 2017
I have learned many things in Cleveland State University. It's my first time working in the United states.
They gave more comfortable time for my education as well .
The Music Department was a great place to work.
Scheduled appointments for my boss (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 5, 2017
I loved my position in the Music Department at Cleveland State University. They had a big lay off because they were getting rid of all the secretaries and half the parking department. I was involved with the students everyday. They always made my day and they told me I made their day. A typical day was very hectic. Signing students up for their private lessons for the Professors. I scheduled the students for their private lessons and then before school starts I gave all the Professors their schedules. I also turned in grades for almost every Professor. The management was o.k. The workplace culture was great. The hardest part of the job was trying to get the students signed up for their schedules with them. My most enjoyable part of the job was the students, professors and classes for little children from the Cleveland schools system. Mostly children that don't have any music program at their schools. I ran the program and we had four classes going on in each room.
Pros
Great enviroment
Cons
If anyone in our family just passed, they would give you a week to be with family and friends.
Great school for work
MUST program/ CSU Teach Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 2, 2017
Everything work just the way I wish for. My directors are really nice and willing to work with everyone. Co-work are also willing to help as need. Communication is encouraged.
I did not like it
Chef (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 1, 2017
The workers lie on you the bosses talk disrespectful and the pay was not good You get to meet new people from all over the world so that's a plus but that job was not for me
Fantastic Opportunities for Graduate and Undergraduates
Research & Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 10, 2017
Go to Cleveland State University for the Physics Department. The faculty there are beautiful human beings, and provide limitless potential in providing opportunities for Graduate and Undergraduate students. If you have a desire to learn and make an impact on the world, CSU in Cleveland, Ohio is the place to do it.
Pros
Physics
Interaction with various cultures
Commuter Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 2, 2017
• Served as a resource and as peer leader for a group of commuter students
• Created programs on and off campus that target commuter students at CSU.
• Represented the Department of Student Life in presentations and marketing efforts, assisted student organizations with registrations and event planning, and advised students on opportunities for involvement on campus
Low pay, good evironment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 1, 2017
Cleveland State is in the process of managing costs. Compensation is less than average, however, the people I've worked with have been great. The philosophy department is especially kind to their faculty, whether these faculty are full or part time.