Cleveland State University

Cleveland State University Employee Reviews

Great working place
Senior eLearning Consultant - Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 20, 2015
Working for the Center for eLearning during my studies was a great experience. The staff members were very supportive. Would recommend it to all the students.
Productive environment with the ability to learn from experienced professors
Research Assistant in Motor Control (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 10, 2015
Independent study while knowing that professors were there to assist with guiding in the direction you should be helped to improve my ability to thinking about problems creatively and effectively.
Intern Review
Intern (Former Employee), University MarketingMay 3, 2015
I was able to gain various experiences in the marketing field through my internship with University Marketing. I contributed to a monthly newsletter, assisted with social media postings and analytics, and helped with editing and proofing marketing materials.
Nature's Bin
Parking Attendant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 1, 2015
Very good to work for them; the coworkers were very friendly, excellent management, just an overall good experience. I did every thing from shelving products to cashier work.
education & employment
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 28, 2015
Pros: footsteps away from work & class
Cons: not getting employee tuition assistance if you not a full-time employee
great to work where your pursuing your degree from, great atmosphere, international co-workers, descent working enviornment with a balance of school
Productive, Fun and Educational
Trio Peer Mentor (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 13, 2015
Working in with TRIO support services as a Peer mentor has been such a pleasant and educational experience. My experience as a mentor has provided me with proficient computer and organization skills, leadership ,communication and listening skills. I enjoy working with college students of low income and first generation and helping them find their voice, their passion and their way to a better and brighter future for themselves as well as for this nation. Being involved in and working for Trio has made a large impact in my life and the directions I have decided to take in my future career.
N/A
TRIO Senior Peer Mentor (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 7, 2015
Working with the students is great. There was never a boring there in the office. The staff and management is very supportive and probable the best part of the job.
Teaching as an Adjunct
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Student focus
Cons: Having to prepare new syllabi each semester
I taught African American literature as an adjunct. I also taught composition. My classes were scheduled at night. As a result, my students were more focused and enthusiastic.

My co-workers included other adjuncts and tenure professors. The hardest part of my job was losing a class to tenured professors. However, the classes I was assigned were always rewarding because of my students' interests.
Productive and fun work place
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 16, 2015
I want to say about my work place in Cleveland State University, actually for me as an international student that was very friendly and productive place. Every weeks I have meeting with my supervisor and other guys that working for my supervisor in very friendly place.

I have learned team work from this kind of meeting, because we have to work with together and in end of the week we have to report our works to our supervisor.

My supervisor is very supportive and I have never seen that our questions make her tired and this is the most enjoyable part of the job for me because all of my questions every time have an answer with her help.

last semester I was working as a graduate teaching assistant and research assistant for my supervisor and also I had 2 courses with 2 other professors. I had to submit my paper for TRB conference and also I had two midterm exam and also I had to grade 85 students exam for my professor. I remember I spent around 2 weeks all day and nights in my office for doing all of these work and after 2 weeks I could see the son. That was the hardest period of my work in Cleveland State University.
good environment, supportive
Undergraduate Student Research Assistant (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 12, 2015
I spent most of my time working on computers, designing and programming in SolidWorks, MATLAB and Simulink. I would meet with my supervisor once a week to discuss work progress and upcoming work.
friendly work place
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 5, 2015
good place to work. keep focus work hard and you will succeed. coworkers are very helpful. management are good at helping out when needed.
Important
Lifeguard (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 4, 2015
Being a lifeguard is an important job because you get to save people's life if needed. However, It's a job that does not let you advance in your career or life.
Competitive and Productive work place
ASSISTANT WOMEN'S BASKETBALL COACH (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 4, 2015
Pros: team atmosphere
Cons: travel
CSU is a great place to work. There are a lot of long hours and significant travel. If you are looking to start a career at a university, Cleveland State is a great spot.
Creative and sometimes talkative
Cover Designer (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: friends, free lunch & coffee
Cons: nothing
I usually go to office in noon hours. So i see 4 or 5 co-workers around me but i like it because they all are my good friends from a long time. I start work with full discussion on new feature story of week with Editor. Then i start to think about some ideas how to make a cover page which explore the whole story from it. I learned many things from my co-workers and this job. The hardest part of job is my second part "think on poster" how to make it look perfect so anyone can understand the conclusion of story. And whole working shift is enjoyable for me. I have a such great company with my co-workers. May be i can call it one place two benefits 1. work as a professional & 2. joyfully spend the time with friends. Totally ! It is fun.
Fun place
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), cleveland ohioJanuary 31, 2015
It was a cool job. I used to help others in software/hardware issues. I also have time to prepare and submit my assisnment, exams etc. I also used to hangout with my friends and discuss my feature plans
A good university for undergraudate
postdoctoral fellow (Current Employee), Chemistry DepartmentJanuary 26, 2015
CSU is making progress to be excellent in both teaching and research
Great Place to Work
Grants Coordinator - UORED (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: the work enviromnemt was family
Great work environment enjoyed working with the Students as well as Faculty, no day was the same. Everything was hands on learning which I looked forward too everyday brought about new challenges and I truly enjooyed going to work.
Fun place to learn and work.
Data and Information Specialist (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 16, 2015
Everyday comes with new challenges and new things to learn. Co-workers are very helpful.
Fun to travel throughout the Cuyahoga County.
University Marketing Street Team Member (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: travel.
Cons: getting paid by my school.
I enjoyed promoting advertisements and meeting new people.
Healthy and Safe work environment
Biology and Chemistry Tutor (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 31, 2014
Pros: semester end party
Cons: to wait for students and if they don't show up, means time wastage.
Cleveland State University is an awesome place for opportunity, for improving your skills and for self development. I found TASC, cleveland State University fun as well as sincere work place where new ideas is accepted and appreciated. Each and every employee is given chance for growth and play a crucial role in departmental development.
My job is to tutor biology and chemistry, 20 hours part time, teach students in batch of 5. Answering questions and encourage students to participate in discussion is my basic duty.Data entry is important function along with teaching and testing. Data entry related to each student is managed, their scores, progress is tracked daily. Hardest part of my job is to make students interactive and participate in discussions. Most beautiful moment in my job is when students appreciate my efforts and study hard for exams. Each and every student teach me a different style of teaching and I learn to be patient and friendly with them.My co-workers are supportive and provide me new idea to make my sessions interesting.

1 2 3 4 5