Cleveland Employee Reviews in United States

Fun place to work. Enjoy the costomers
Food Server (Current Employee) –  2201 W. ClevelandAugust 18, 2015
I open the restaurant. Set everything up for the day, love the people I work with, good team work, every one helps each out other when needed. Management is great. They help us out when we are slammed. they expedite the food ,get drinks for us when we are busy at other tables. The hardest part of the job is running out of something and having to explain to the customer that we are out of what they ordered. Most people are really understanding. The one thing I've learned through my experience is treat people the way you would want to be treated, with respect. Greet with a smile, listen to them , make their dining experience enjoyable. I guarantee they will be back to eat at your restaurant again.
Pros
Good money, meeting differant people
Cons
No healthcare, short hours
Good company to work for, specially for engineering and Science
Finance (Current Employee) –  Wickliffe, OhioNovember 12, 2013
Good company to work for, great compensation, great for engineering and science majors, accounting and finance is goo, as long if you had work there for over 10 years, and also came from a recruiting effort at colleges program. Poor management in areas other than engineering and science. "Old School" management behavior. The company culture is more gear towards keeping your comments to yourself and let managers talk to you the way they want to and don't say anything because it will have negative consequences in your career. Not much diversity.
Pros
great benefits and compensation
Cons
poor management and poor company culture
Wonderful place to work
Senior Independence, OPRS (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 11, 2015
I have been with the organization for 9 years with a couple different roles. Wonderful people, great challenges, great support.
Pros
support from management, childcare available, education advancement support, great benefits
Cons
not a lot of room for advancement at this point
No Job Security
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 28, 2015
NGIC has an extremely high turnover rate and the training is sub-par at best. They don't prepare you for anything that you will actually encounter on the floor and get frustrated with you when you ask for help.
Field Marketing-HTC
Field Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Northeast OhioJuly 11, 2012
Responsible for managing HTC's presence at carrier locations within the Cleveland and Pittsburgh area. Focus on cultivating positive relationships with store associates and management to maintain front-of-mind brand awareness and loyalty resulting in increased market share through formal trainings and events within various wireless carriers. Training of in-store sales associates and managers on the features and benefits of HTC products.
Pros
training, great people, work from home
Cons
compensation, advancement opportunities aren't there
being Enthusiastic, Creative and Costumer-Centered.
Freelance Photographer (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, OHSeptember 13, 2015
A Typical day at work would be like meeting and talking to clients and figuring out what exactly they want.
Set up the location.
Set up the light settings.
working on pre-production.
Shooting photos or capturing videos.
working on project in post-production.
Very good company with limited growth potential>
Plant Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioJuly 4, 2012
Enjoyed working with the Beverage Management Group. Found advancement was very contained within the ranks and job growth was very slim. Moved on to a company that offered what I was looking for in a company.
Pros
started in the business with this company and enjoyed the people i worked with.
Cons
no room for advancement.
Great DM
Human Resource Manager/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Macedonia OhioMay 4, 2012
Typical Day... Recruiting Calls, Emails, Interviews and Social Media

Amazing Management and my co-workers are awesome. The hardest part of my job as the Agency Development Manager is finding qualified candidates. People~ are the most enjoyable part of my job :)
Pros
amazing benefits
Superior ancillary benefits insurance carrier, Reliance Standard Life Insurance Company
Account Manager / Service Representative / Sales (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 5, 2015
In this position and with this company, I was introduced to the group benefits world.

The company training was of great value, and everyone in the office worked well as a team!
Productive, self-care, annual vacations and off days.
Part time Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 17, 2013
There was a day we had six patients brought to the hospital because of fatal accident they had. Every worker, both the doctors and nurses and other caregiver were busy to save lives of these patients. The management in their wisdom asked the help of other doctors and chaplains to help out at this emergency.
I was among those who were called to help. It was interesting to see the co-operation of other workers in this situation of trauma.
I learned that day that everyone needs help in difficult moments like this and it needs extra sacrifice in a difficult moment like this in order to save life.
The hardest part of the job is to be available any moment the worker is needed even at midnight.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help those in need and in difficulty. The other aspect of the enjoyment is that we can have self-care during break time, during vacations and off days.
Pros
we use to have free launch, and ice cream once in a while
Cons
we have short breaks, insurance coverage, free accommodation and feeding.
A very safety conscious company to work for.
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 2, 2015
Assist with concrete foundations for the construction of buildings. I would build frame and position rebar for the pouring of cement.
Very rewarding and fulfilling place to work with people within the community who practices giving back
Retired and Senior's Volunteer Program (RSVP) (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioSeptember 10, 2012
Having been involved with a non profit organization that connects volunteers with other organizations and companies that benefit tremendously from many volunteer hours was so special to me because at that time, I didn't know there was anything like this. It's a wonderful feeling to do something that benefit others. The staff was very loving and caring towards each other and the volunteers.
Pros
enjoyed the spirit and selflessness of willing volunteers in various areas of our community.
landscaping
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  cleveland ohioMarch 23, 2015
great outdoors type of job that gives me free time to enjoy the outdoors. customers are great and respectful and has no problem asisting in any job needed
Professional and friendly place
Go Live Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  ClevelandMarch 1, 2013
Very fast paced
I learned how to deal with people of different cultures
enjoyed being able to build and create new designs
Owner operator (Current Employee) –  cleveland ohioAugust 26, 2013
didnt care much about how cut throat the industry is. Build beautiful multi million dollar buildings. Enjoyed the hands on experience and learning from different trades.
Pros
learn so many technigues
Cons
construction market has declined
Family oriented culture
Dir. International Strategy & Business Development (Former Employee) –  ClevelandJuly 15, 2013
When I was in the Cleveland, office, we had a real corporate center, with the vast majority of teammembers in one location. Teamwork and collaboration were the norm and there was real sense of purpose and community. That did change after the HQ was moved to Philadelphia.
exciting place to work
driver (Current Employee) –  Shaker Heights, OHDecember 29, 2013
Family owned business with strong core values,
co-workers are friendly and helpful there is no hard part of job to me
the most enjoyable part of job is doing what I like doing
Pros
very flexible with your schedule
Cons
price of healcare
Life Long Community Cmmitement
Auxiliary Police (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 31, 2014
This includes phone pledge , Answering phone,
providing , programming information .
Pros
being considerate
Cons
willingness
Great job for me.
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHSeptember 5, 2013
This was my first legal job. I learned all the basics of law at this firm, and worked my way up.
Good Employer
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Indepence, ohioNovember 15, 2012
They allowed you to make your own hours for the most part. Best part of the job was interacting with clients.