Client Services Inc. Employee Reviews

Long boring hours, miserable work enviroment
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  St. CharlesFebruary 2, 2016
Clock in and make up to 40 outbound calls PER HOUR. Out of those calls you may make 3 actual contacts all day. Then you better collect money off those contacts or you will be in trouble with your managers.
Managers do no talk to you unless it is a "you should of said this" conversation.
They do pay you but bonuses are there only if you are a employee for years. It is a Monday through Friday job so that is the one good think about the job.
The turnover rate is unbelievable, if you last a few months it is amazing.
No hope for advancement only battlefield promotions because of the turnover.
Really if you have any other options take them, even if they are for less money. You will be happier later
Pros
no weekends, every other Saturday
Cons
to many to count
Noone should try this!
N/A (Former Employee) –  KC MOFebruary 9, 2016
Was about to submit an application for employment and something told me "go to their website" where I found these reviews. After reading about the type of cut throat, uncaring management there, I RAN away and everyone else should too! Anything positive written in reviews is a bogus entry - not from current or prior employee. The company wrote those. I will not even consider working there and am telling all my friends "STAY AWAY.
Good support from VP
Collection Agent (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOAugust 23, 2016
Is somewhat stressful. Sitting in office cube with very little movement. Talk on phone all day looking at computer screen. Bonus system is very hard to reach.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Limited time off
Poor management and training
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 20, 2016
I started with the Company in November 2015 I had some resolutions about working there but I needed to be working. I difinitely think that the training program needs alot of improving. Especially for the portfolios. The information on the flow charts are not friendly usable especially when you are working with a client on the phone. The 1st portfolio I was assigned to was great and had outstanding management and team members. But.the 2nd portfolio I was assigned to was a altogether different world. With the exception of one manager management had no management or people skills. And most.staff was very unfriendly and had no concept of teamship. The direct training for the portfolio was awful and management had no training skills at all. To just tell you look at your flowchart does not provide a solution to a problem or concern. And for management to say they are taking actions like taking you off the.phone because you are.a liability to the company. Can open a Hugh can of worms legally for the company. And not.to.give you an answer about the situation outcome is really poor management. I have to say the negatives difinitely out way the positives at the company. Would I ever return to work there again difinitely not nor recommend anyone to apply.
Pros
5 day work week
Cons
Poor management and training.
Run now!
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOAugust 18, 2016
This place is horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously do not let them rope you into to working here!!!! Be warned!! !! Do not leave your secure job so they can lie to you about everything and train you improperly for your job.
No Job Security
collector (Former Employee) –  st. charles,moApril 14, 2015
This was one of the worst jobs I have ever worked for, It has absolutely no job security, the managers are all nice and up your butt if you have a good week then the second you have a bad week with collecting they are ready to fire you, they play favorites between collecting levels and they will play dirty like they will make sure incoming calls go to the Ultra-X team which is the highest collectors, to insure that they receive clients that are wanting to pay, it's just disgusting to say the least. Once I quit they sent me a letter to come back since they have a very high turnover rate but I would never go back to a company like that and to anyone thinking about applying the only advice I would give you is to run far far away from them.
Pros
free lunch sometimes, discount on gym membership
Cons
shift changes, management
Not worth it.
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KansasApril 6, 2015
Management is extremely unprofessional and they fire people for petty reasons once they feel like they do not need you anymore. They don't give raises, the befits are no good, and working there is like a game of musical chairs. You constantly have a different manager or are assigned to different portfolios. The job is not worth all the stress that the management will cause you.
Pros
Flexible hours. Can make your own schedule
Cons
Very boring, but great office job
Collection and Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MONovember 12, 2015
I enjoyed working here for a short time. Great flexible hours, willing to work with you on things that come up. Pay is okay, but the medical benefits are horrible compared to some other companies I've worked for. Not a bad position, just very boring.
Pros
great work hours, closed on Sundays.
Cons
its open all holidays, and you really can't chat with anybody while working.
Great Call Center
Collections Representative/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMay 5, 2016
I loved working for this company, pay was good and I enjoyed the people I worked with and for. Would recommend other to this job.
made phone calls and collected bills
high profile collections representative (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSOctober 20, 2015
Made phone calls and excelled at being top collector for the company. I learned many new things of how the industry changes. Management was lacking. Co workers were great. Hardest part of the job was the competition. The most enjoyable part was winning awards for being so successful.
Pros
paid holidays and workable schedule
Cons
false promises as far as bonuses and high health insurance
Not too bad
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOMay 6, 2015
Pretty ok environment, very competitive though. Management plays mind games to get agents to perform. Most opportunity for advancement if you have prior experience.
Pros
GREAT company events!
Cons
NO pay increase structure.
Horrible place to work if you want work longevity!!!!
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  St. Charles, MOMarch 1, 2016
I've worked 20 years and I'm embarrassed to say I worked there. Do not waste your time at this company if you want work longevity. I could write an entire blog on just management alone! They are not educated on managing anyone or trained. The Managers have no people skills at all. Management were bad collectors that were promoted. Instead of providing weekly one on ones with collectors, they do nothing but pass out call fells all day and gossip in their cubes about other collectors or just nonsense. Very child like behaviors and atmosphere. If you have an urgent question good luck!! If you ask the same question to different managers you will get a different answer and it may be wrong. There's upper management who only holds floor meetings to bash the entire collectors floor on about call fells. The managers talk to collectors like they are not human. No respect at all!! It's just horrible!! I was hired in with 20 other collectors and it was only 2 of us left when I left the company. The turnover rate is EXTREMELY high. First of all, my class of collectors were separated, some sent to well known good clients to collect for and others sent across the street to the well known bad client...And when I say BAD!!! Once you start taking calls there's no nesting phase for new collectors to make and correct mistakes and learn, you instantly start receiving these call fells sheets and the managers start tormenting you. It's pretty sickening!!! There's no one-on-ones for the new collectors to talk with management about calls and evaluate work. There's no team meetings for new hire or  more... anyone!! I felt herded in like cattle and forgotten until I get a call fell. You will stay sick because you aren't allowed to bring your phone inside. You have to go to your car to make personal calls in the ever changing weather!! It 's crazy!! and the bathrooms are so dirty you will hold it until lunch or until your shift ends. I mean disgusting!!! Its a very depressing place to work. When you clock in you are so ready for you shift to end to clock out. Most collectors do not even make enough pay to get the health insurance they offer. It's extremely high. Training for managers is extremely needed. Weekly one on ones for collectors is essential. Lessons learned quizzes for call fells will decrease call fells dramatically. Better pay rates across the board for new hires. Affordable Health insurance is a must. Collectors need lockers to store phones to make personal calls on breaks if needed. Last but not least, Have some respect and compassion for your employees and the work will speak for itself. Turnover rate will decrease and collectors will stop pulling off of the parking lot and never returning!!!!  less
Pros
Set you somewhat of your weekly work schedule with 2 late nights a week.
Cons
Health Insurance, Management, Training, Pay rate, Bonuses, Dirty bathrooms
Started great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSDecember 8, 2015
I loved working there when it first opened. However, just before the down sizing management wanted us to get money anyway we could.
professional atmosphere
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Charles MOOctober 7, 2013
I enjoyed working in a professional atmosphere. The management was a little too strict for my liking. The hardest part of the job was listening to people explain why they couldn't pay their debt and having to bypass that to get them to pay regardless.
Pros
good benefits, professional atmosphere, room for advancement, and hourly pay
Cons
very strict management, weird hours, and having to bother people to have them pay their bills
Collector
Collector (Former Employee) –  3451 Harry S Truman St. Charles, MO 63303November 29, 2015
Make phone calls to clients to collect on pass due accounts. I learned that not all people with money have it easy. My supervisors made sure that every client was taking care no matter what. The team that I worked with was very well helpful in all aspects, the hardest thing to do was to get the clients to pay the full balance of what they owe. The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers and my supervisors.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
not being able to get over time
Productivity and Unity in the work place
UNIT MANAGER AND ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  St Charles, MOOctober 1, 2013
Unity in the work place causes the growth in a company to become unstoppable. When everyone is on the same page employee's come to work with a positive attitude and believe their assignments are reachable. Rules and regulations are no problem for employee's when they're consistent and apply to everyone employed. Without unity it's like the old saying a house divided can not stand and is destine to fall. Management must be as one, so when promotions come an employee will know it doesn't matter what department you're in the rules or regulations of the company shouldn't change only the department head.
Very Golf Orientated. Company Golf tournaments
Bill Collector (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOOctober 13, 2015
Very good company to learn the bill collection buisness in. Experienced trainers who provide balanced career knowledge.
Pros
Coaching is very helpful
Cons
May not get to stay on lucrative file.
A lot of money to be made at this job.
Collection Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOOctober 16, 2015
I was not at the company long. I wasn't able to really get a great feel. I am upset that I passed the initial background check, but did not pass an FBI check that I was randomly asked to take along with a few others in my training class. I worked for almost 3 months before they walked me out of the office building. To me it was unprofessional, but I think I would have thrived at the company.
porductive stressful work enviroment
o Debt Collector (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOAugust 26, 2015
a typical day at this job consist of already being aware of what the job is asking of you but knowing its not always feasible. management was not always clear with communication and co workers sometimes did a better job than the supervisors.
Pros
having a income
Cons
stressful work enviorment
Slow pace work
Operator (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MONovember 20, 2015
On a daily basis I take up to 100 calls possibly 20 or more payments. I have learned to have way more patience with clients, majority or my coworkers are very nice and helping but others do not do their job which puts more pressure on other workers such as myself. Most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help the clients and hearing how professional and helping I was.

2.9