Software Support Specialist I – Full Time exempt
Duties and Responsibilities:
Technical support technicians are the key to our organization’s success. Our technical solutions are industry leading and forward thinking, however it is our support team that separates us from our competitive peers. Having a desire to make a difference for our customers and conveying a daily positive attitude is essential to be successful in this position.
Provide technical phone support to existing customer base for practice management software, digital x-ray, PC equipment and networking equipment.
- Researches, resolves, and responds to complex questions received via incoming telephone calls or returned calls placed to clients.
- Proactively educates client on technical solutions.
- Provides step by step verbal and/or written instructions on technical solutions to users to ensure user satisfaction and productivity.
- Completes a trouble ticket for each call which includes the customer’s name, issue and steps taken to resolve the issue.
- Follow-up on open tickets with customers.
- Escalates issue to Sr. Support Tech if unable to resolve issue within acceptable time frame.
- Creates documents outlining obscure or rare technical issues and research done to resolve the issue. Submits document to Sr. Support Technician for review and inclusion in the knowledgebase.
- Facilitate scheduled phone training sessions on ClienTrax technical solutions to clients
- Obtain general understanding of Windows operating systems, printer and network router setup, and application operations related to company offered products and services.
- Answer every call with a smile
- Ability to work a flexible schedule between 8am-9pm M-F.
Required / Preferred Qualifications:
Education: Associate or Bachelors degree with preference for major in business/marketing, animal science, or computer science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Work Experience: Demonstrated competency in computer software implementations and training strongly preferred.
Technical Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite products; working knowledge of Practice Management Software and/or Inventory management software or inventory management principles. Must possess excellent verbal communication and presentation skills with demonstrated understanding of learning principles and ability to train others. Knowledge of function and setup of various equipment: PCs, network interface cards, modems, printers, LAN and Print servers. Computer installation experience is preferred. Conceptual knowledge of the topologies, protocols, drivers and physical layers for desktop networking.
Certificates: None required. Extra consideration for A+ certification.
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift and carry 50lb box short distance. May also require working in tight cramped locations for short periods of time, as PCs are installed under and in cabinets, closets and tables.
Travel: Ability to travel is essential.