Cliffs Natural Resources

Cliffs Natural Resources Employee Reviews

Great benefits and pay, no opportunity for advancement
Maintenance Clerk (Current Employee), Bessemer, ALJune 10, 2013
Pros: good pay/benefits
Cons: odd hours and no opportunity for advancement
Cliffs is a wonderful company that strives to care for its employees. The branch companies, such as Oak Grove Resources, are usually 24-7 operations where an ideal work/life balance cannot be expected unless you are a day shift employee. Because of small operations and limited position openings, the room for advancement has become scarce.
Good benefits, good pay.
Laborer / Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Ishpeming, MIApril 26, 2013
Pros: benifits
Cons: work schedule
I enjoy what I do when I am at work, but the sched. is hard on the life outside work.
large company many people working here
Electrician (Current Employee), Ishpeming, MIApril 19, 2013
PM's on various electrical apparatus including transformers, starters and substations. Work with many different voltages up to 13.8 kv. Management seems to do a fairly decent job of organizing work and making sure that things are done in a timely fashion. Co-worker are competent and easy to get along with. It's a fairly big place and there are times when you are needed in three different places at once. Difficult to do. Best part of the job are the various challenges you face on a daily basis.
Good Summer Student Job
Maintenance Intern (Former Employee), Ishpeming, MIApril 13, 2013
I enjoyed going to work everyday, everyone i worked with was very knowledgeable and very safety oriented.
Great benefits... dead end job with no advancement available
Safety Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Pineville, West VirginiaSeptember 28, 2012
I enjoy the people I work with, but there is no opportunity for advancement. I am stuck in the same position and have been there for four years. I have acquired more responsibility, but not the position or pay to go with it. It all depends on the market value and price of met coal whether you have a job one day to the next. I need more stability for me and my family.
Good set of core values but do not always follow through.
Catalog Manager (Former Employee), Duluth MNAugust 2, 2012
Pros: decent salary.
Cons: little upper management support of middle management.
The HR department is one of the worst I have encountered. The company core values are extensive but tend to fall by the wayside when the pressure is on to accomplish a task.

About Cliffs Natural Resources

Cliffs Natural Resources Inc. is an international mining and natural resources company. A member of the S&P 500 Index, the – Read more

Cliffs Natural Resources Salaries