Cliffs Natural Resources

Cliffs Natural Resources Employer Reviews

Very nice little town
Mine Engineer (Current Employee), Wabush,NLFebruary 19, 2014
Job Work/Life Balance was perfect.
Salary Benefit was great. I enjoyed working here. People were very cooperative.
The work conditions and operation of the plant leave a lot to be desired. I am hard working, efficiency and production oriented. Wabush Mines isn't
Boiler Operator (Former Employee), Wabush, NLAugust 7, 2013
Pros: it pays me every two weeks
Cons: location, work ethic, production rate, working conditions, unfair
Work Procedure
• Start, stop and operate electric and oil fired boilers as required.
• Chemically test and treat boiler and plant utility water to meet requirements.
• Monitor and adjust equipment for proper operating characteristics (temperatures, flow rates, levels, etc.) .
• Complet routine daily checks and readings on equipment (pumps, air compressors, – more... fans, etc.)
• Perform routine PMs on plant equipment.
• Monitore status plant supplies and materials and ordered when required.
• Resolve problems and system upsets encountered by working with relevant personnel.

I am a hard worker and don't mind work, I would actually prefer it but I learned at Wabush Mines that you don't have to work to get paid which I think is ridiculous and would prefer to work with a company that is more efficient, productive and run in a more professional way.

Management isn't capable of doing their job because of the lack of moral, values and work ethic of its employees.

My co-workers are a part of the problem and I cannot relate to them. I myself am the total opposite of my co-workers.

The hardest part of my job is the consistent lack of work ethic having to do other operators jobs when I relieve them for my shift and having to put up with expressing my issues with the chief, and shift engineers and nothing being done about it, because they are part of the problem also.

The best part of my job is that I am now confident in my Power Engineering experience and capabilities and have 3 years of experience which will help me pursue a career and future with a more suitable company that is goal, production and efficiency oriented as well as fair to its employees. I have the time required to write for my 2nd Class Power Engineering ticket as well as have done a lot of study for the exams. – less
it was a fun and productive geology team!
Pit Technician (Former Employee), WindarlingJune 26, 2013
Pros: great roster
Cons: physically demanding work all the time
My day would start with the lifestyle coach leading our Geology team through a series of stretches. After this we would all attend a “Cliffs” safety/toolbox meeting in which I had to lead a number of times. As soon as the meeting had finished we would go and do a thorough pre-start on all Geology vehicles, noting down any damages or things that needed – more... to be fixed. Once this was done we would have a geology get together and work out our days priorities whether they be sampling, mark outs, ore spotting etc and depending on the priority level would depend on how the day would proceed. My main concern was ensuring a quick and accurate set out of all ore-blocks. Grade control sampling would be carried out with other members of the geology team, always with health and safety of team members in the forefront of our minds. – less
Snr. Management & Staff are friendly
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 16, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: enjoyable staff environment
- Setting up new office
- How to handle Telepresence calls
- Excellent
- Last day of my contract
- Greeting Snr. Managment, fellow members and visitors from overseas
Evironnement de travail
Conseillère en formation - Partenaire d'affaire RH (Former Employee), Bloom LakeJuly 24, 2013
Pros: hébergement
Cons: management
Département opération minière et entretien mine (garage) était très agréable, les collaborateurs voulaient avoir une bonne ambiance de travail et faisait pour l'évolution de chaque départements. Je touchais à plusieurs sphères dans l'activité de mon travail donc me donnait l'opportunité de voir plus grand et d'évoluer pour ma carrière.

About Cliffs Natural Resources

Cliffs Natural Resources Inc. is an international mining and natural resources company. A member of the S&P 500 Index, the – Read more