JOB PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
To assist outside contractor with internal computer issues and support employees with software issues. To administer and oversee network design, implementation, organization, and troubleshooting. To oversee work of technical support staff in managing hubs, routers, and servers. To monitor underlying communication protocols and supporting network hardware. To analyze, solve computer problems, test, and implement cost effective systems and provide support for efficient daily operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Survey performance needs and goals of LAN users
- Interface with users, consultants, technical teams, and vendors for maximum guidance in determining most appropriate hardware.
- Design, specify, and document LAN configurations according to user needs, utilizing outside support resources.
- Assist with installation and customization of LAN instruments to allow for retrieval information from the mainframe and determine data entered.
- Analyze work load, including traffic and utilization needs.
- Develop and monitor security procedures to safeguard system from viruses, unauthorized users, and damage to system.
- Define goals of the system and the process for implementation.
- Determines necessary entry of data for system structure output.
- Prepare and implement processes for all users.
- Test systems and work with programmers for debugging to eliminate errors.
- Identify areas of operation that need upgraded such as modems, fiber optics, etc.
- Provide technical support for advanced software implementation.
- Analyze types of problems and inquiries to record, assign problem resolution, and follow through to solution.
- Implements standard procedures to maintain uniformity.
- Responsible for all training for users.
PERIPHERAL DUTIES AND/OR CROSS TRAINING:
- Interaction with Starfish
- Interaction with Fairfield Communications
- Interaction with Epicor Software
EDUCATION: College degree IT and Systems management
EXPERIENCE: Required: IT , systems analysis, communication
Qualifications: Demonstrated analytical abilities combined with written and verbal skills
Strong knowledge and experience with hardware and software technology, file interchange, shared network experience, Internet access
Ability to work independently or in a team environment.