CliftonLarsonAllen Employee Reviews in United States

Great first job
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 24, 2016
This job was essential for my understanding of business. You really get a chance to see how several different types of businessess and industries work, and then your placed into a specific industry to gain a further specialization. CliftonLarsonAllen is a great first Company to work for and I would recommend it to anyone considering them. This is also a Company that holds quality to a high standard. They will train you to work hard and set your expectations high.
Not a good fit
Associate (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAMarch 2, 2016
You will be sent to training but won't use it. They throw you into the bull pin and expect you get it right away. If you are going to join this firm, don't do it during tax season! join during summer, spring or fall never winter. This will provide you with the opportunity to learn the system, rules and protocol.
Pros
Free food, great pay, good career opportunities.
Cons
No worklife balance at all, management not supportive, sink or swim atmosphere.
Productive and fun work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 9, 2016
A typical day at work would be preparing commercial proposals for the Sales people, to present to their clients. Helped putting together Power Point presentations for them as well. I learned how to be more efficient in a timely manner with everything. I also learned to prioritize, since there were 9 Account Executives, 3 Managers and a Research Director to answer to. The hardest part of the job would be the deadlines at times. The most enjoyable part was the closeness of the entire Sales Department. We would have small parties, free lunches, potlucks, etc. I really enjoyed my time working at WISN TV.
Pros
Closeness of the Sales Department and free lunches, etc. of appreciation
Cons
Sometimes the deadlines were tough
Some industry groups are better than others
Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 19, 2016
Great opportunities
Work/life balance is hard
not every group follows the operational excellence that top management hands down
Communication could use some work
Affiliated with Accounting Management Solutions- sleazy
exploited worker (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 29, 2016
For whatever reason, this company has decided to work with Accounting Management Solutions, a Boston area company widely known for its unethical and exploitive practices.
Work
Executive Assistant/Tax Processing Administrator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 15, 2015
A typical work day was back to back items. Things always needed attention whether it was staff, procedures, jobs, projects etc. You can never say you had nothing to do there was always a deadline that needed attention. Your work/life balance was none existent.
Pros
Great firmwide policies and procedures. Great Culture
Cons
Drama and gossip
Unrealistic Work Life Balance
Engagement Director (Former Employee) –  Hudson, WIDecember 29, 2015
Expectations are set very high in regards to work life balance. Work is to come first. Coworkers are great and support each other as long as they are in the same location as you.
Great people
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 26, 2015
Great people, relaxed working environment, and wonderful clients. Loved every minute of working there, and met some of my closest friends on the job.
Great Development but No Work Life Balance
Audit Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 10, 2015
Great place to start a finance a career. You really get a chance to sink your teeth in right away and a chance to explore both audit and tax. On the personal side the firm says they support work life but it's not something they appear to be committed to.
Great Job
Regulatory Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lexington, MAOctober 20, 2015
Job is great stepping stone. The work life balance is perfect. They take really good care of their employees. Best experience ever.
Typical CPA Firm
Marketing Customer Support Admin (CSA) (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COJuly 5, 2015
Very high turnover in the Colorado offices. Not enough people replaced when they leave the firm, so work is piled on those who remain employed far too often.
Pros
Direct co-workers
Cons
Too much change after merger and high turnover
Good place to work with many perks
Client Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 11, 2015
Always something new to learn, fast paced and high expectations required. Enjoyed client contact and working with most other employees.
Exciting place to work with different jobs to do all year round.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILMay 30, 2015
A typical day at work is busy from beginning to end. In my position, I help out with all the different departments in our office. It keeps me on my toes and brings new tasks my way each day.
Horribile Managment-- Dont believe their "Culture" sales tactic
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 4, 2015
Unless you are part of the elite cool people group, you dont stand a chance. If you are in a happy relationship, forget this place, you come married and leave divorced. HR is there to protect corporate. Not a diverse place at all. Managment is a joke, employees are stressed and overworked.
Pros
free coffee & tea. downtown area.
Cons
horrible organization structure, horrible training or lack of, discrimination
Environment geared toward success
Managing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 31, 2014
This company was very willing to provide me with all the education and materials needed to succeed in my job. The Principal Consultants are always helpful and available even when out of the office. A typical day for a coder at CLA is answering email questions from clients, creating engagement letters for current or potential clients, and researching coding issues. The hardest part of being a consulting is travel and the best part is the variety of work from physician, hospital, and long term care.
Pros
work variety
Cons
travel
Good Ole' Boys
Manager (Former Employee) –  MidwestJune 23, 2014
Don't even consider moving up in this company if you are a women. It won't happen. Its a good ole boys network through and through. All the females in my department were either demoted or laid off after the two firms merged. They didn't even attempt to hide it, it was blatant and no one cared. RUN THE OTHER WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
i only worked a few weekends and holidays
Cons
no advancement for women, lack of respect for colleagues, its about who you know, not what you know
CliftonLarsonAllen LLP is a recently merged company in which Clifton Gunderson & LarsonAllen came together. Each company has it's own unique culture.
Client Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 26, 2014
These different cultures are trying to come together in one office in Phoenix and the pains are evident. The office here in Phoenix does not have good leadership and that has created a difficult atmosphere that the staff is trying desperately to rectify. Decisions are slow in coming and patience runs thin as this is 2 1/2 years into the merge.

Hopefully eventually the company will find it's way.
Pros
most of the staff are hard working, intelligent, sincere people that only want the best for the company.
Cons
management turns a blind eye to the needs of the staff.
Top CPA firm with an intense culture focused on clients
Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 14, 2012
DESCRIPTION: Audited financial statements, preformed account reconciliations, maintained records of financial information, created financial reports, interacted with an audit team
GROWTH: Obtained a strong understanding of GAAP and financial accounting by dealing with multi-million dollar clients
VALUE: Developed professional skepticism while asking a myriad of questions pertaining to operations and internal controls of the client
productive fun workplace
Office Technology Leader / Senior Helpdesk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 4, 2013
Typical day is a fast paced dealing with multiple deadlines. I have learned time management and how to effectively multitask. I worked at a remote site and learned to work independently but my team was only a IM or phone call away. Great team environment . The most challenging part of my job was dealing with software updates that failed, The most enjoyable aspect of my job was helping others with technology either by training or support.
Pros
great co worker and team enviroment
Cons
limited onsite training
Productive and fun workplace
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 27, 2012
I enjoyed working at CliftonLarsonAllen. I learned a lot and was very productive. A typical day here consisted of scanning legal documents such as tax files, birth certificates, etc. My coworkers were very friendly and helpful. I enjoyed the steady flow of work coming in and working in an office on a computer. There was nothing very difficult about the job.

2.9