CLIMATE CONTROL Employee Reviews in United States

productive environment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Canaan, Tobago (West Indies)December 21, 2014
Administrative, Sales & Service Coordinator

An average day for me usually runs quite smooth as I compose and set all scheduled jobs 1 day prior to the set date and overall scheduling at least a month before.
the hardest thing for me on a daily base is technician cooperation as well as attendance.
Most enjoyable part of my job is when we are able to accomplish our daily and monthly targets which allows for inventive bearing.
Pros
team work
Cons
lack of upper management, communication and follow through
1989-2005 a super company to work for
Purchasing Mgr. At TCCI Mfg 2005-6 (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILSeptember 25, 2014
A family owned manufacturing company that cared about and listened to it's employees. Provided health insurance and 401k, vacation time and holidays off. I loved working there while it was owned by the original owners.
Starting out
HVAC Installer (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVSeptember 19, 2014
An old union boss trained me for 5+ years. I learned to fabricate,install, and measure up any job before i was able to become a journeyman. It took me 4+ years.After a job with a different contractor for 35 hr, I was tested , and was accepted in the union.
Pros
expeirience
Cons
installers are not needed in today's economy.
Great culture
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 20, 2014
great place to work with good people and decent wages. Family owned with great owner.
Hard workers will be rewarded
HVAC Pre-Technician (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 6, 2013
If you go to work with the attitude that you are going to work hard and get rewarded this is for you.
Pros
great boss to work for
Cons
hours aren't always set...being out in the elements.
Real confusing company
Working Foreman (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLSeptember 12, 2013
Company trying to grow to fast and things just to unorganized to complete jobs on time.
Pros
was a job
Cons
promised the world and recieved a layy-off with no notice.cut out all personel making higher wages.
Great place to work for
Facility Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose C.A.August 12, 2013
My day starts at 7 am I am in the office ready to work, i follow up on work orders, any paperwork that needs to be done. AT 8am i conduct a meeting with staff for 30 minutes to communicate with everyone then i walk the field, two separate buildings keep me busy the whole day. I learned to communicate with several different departments that make the building operational on a day to day basics. I am part of management so i work closely with building managers, human resources, Fire and safety, environmental protective agency and security. I enjoy what i do therefore i get along with everybody.
Pros
great trade experience, stability
n/a
Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 15, 2013
CCSI was a commission only company. And I was the new guy. there was no assigned territory, so all the other reps said they were already calling on the contacts I knew. I wasn't about to step on anyone's toes, so I struggled. Then the economy went down. All the grant money for building new schools was gone. So business went down. They were good Christain people to work for. I can't say anything bad about the company.
great job opportunity that i loved
receptionist/dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 27, 2013
some days were busier than others there were quite a fe of down time hours where i would go clean out old accounts in the fileing room to make room for new ad reorganized and up dated it all. would call and make sure customers were going to be home before dispatching techs out. i learned a lot about the hvac industry. my management was great. co workers were all very hard workers. hardest part was trying to stay busy on the really slow days. i enjoyed my job loved being there everyday.
Pros
i learned that an office job is where i love working
Cons
the slow times
Decent company to work for. Opportunity to make great money
HVAC Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COOctober 22, 2012
Typical day would be to get together with the journyman I was working with to see the materials to load for the day. I learned the HVAC trade from fabrication to installation. My co-workers were pretty constant and good people. Hardest part would have been the physical parts, from heavy lifting to being in a crawl space all day. The most enjoyable part was to see the finished product that I helped to create.
Pros
solid hours. great pay after awhile
Cons
heavy lifting, long days sometimes
A place to learn
HVAC Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 15, 2012
When there is work you learn a lot of commercial equipment, change out compressors and troubleshoot equipment. The only problem is it is only me and the owner because it is a start up company so if there isn't any work there is no pay, but i can say I have learned some things I would not have got myself if I was not given an opportunity and a chance. I just feel I need to take my skills to the next level and put my brian to work on a daily bases.
Pros
lots of commercial experience
Cons
start up company, no work no pay
This was a good company to work for.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 3, 2012
climate Control was a great company to work for. They truely cared about the employees and the families of the employee. I wish them great fortune in the future
Pros
great ownership and employees, and great formans and project mangers.
Cons
the electrical dept closed down
Negative atomsphere
Jurney Seetmetal Worker (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMarch 26, 2012
Climate Control as a very small shop and very little storage space.
Pros
trucks are in good shape
Cons
boss docs to much
Very productive, fun to work at, much promotion
Shipper/Receiver, Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMarch 22, 2012
I loved this job and was very versatile in all the jobs I did at this company. I loved working at Climate Control/McQuay and had a great time with the management and co-workers.
Pros
very good work place, very good benefits, great work/life balance
Cons
management was very prejudice in promotions, very prejudice about work.