The Sourcing Specialist will continually research, identify, and qualify new products. Coordinate the approval of alternative sources. This position will work with sales and estimating to ensure the highest quality and most complete proposals are achieved for our customer. This position will be responsible for negotiating all commodities, capital equipment, and freight costs as well as supporting the estimating function.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Locate and evaluate sources for capability, capacity and market constraints for assigned categories or materials.
2. Review competitive proposals.
3. Support new supplier qualification and new product development activities as required.
4. Place and enter purchase orders as required.
5. Keep current on new market trends and materials information.
6. Support cost reduction, lead time reduction and improve inventory turns.
7. Support estimating function through drafting in AutoCAD all customer parts that have been submitted for bids. This includes calculating areas, proper dimensioning, assigning drawing numbers, assigning die numbers, and including fabrication prints when necessary.
8. Coordinate with production and maintain tracking information on all new product developments.
9. Cooperate and execute any other additional duties that may be requested by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field; Supply Chain Management preferred. Up to 2 years purchasing or manufacturing related experience. AutoCAD experience required. Applicant needs to be proficient in communicating to all contacts/employees. Applicant has to establish timelines and meet deadlines. Proficient in MS Office, primarily Excel. Blueprint knowledge required.