Clinica Sierra Vista Employee Reviews

got to speak in front of people
Public Speaker (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 13, 2017
i would sit in front of people of all ages and speak about my personal experience with whatever the subject of the topic was. I learned how to project my voice and not be shy. The hardest part was getting in front of a big crowd and speaking about my personal life. what i enjoyed was learning to be able to be more open when needed.
BofA office upper level management is demeaning
Manager (Current Employee) –  BofAFebruary 22, 2017
Low pay. Demeaning management especially at the upper levels. Some key people need to move on or retire. Very low morale.

Good place to gain experience, but not a place to build a career.
Pros
Mission
Cons
Stressful. Demeaning management. People without knowledge placed in management.
Busy enviroment
Temp assignment (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 22, 2017
Love that there is so much work makes time go by fast.
Down side high turn over very few long term employees.
Worked as temp.
Management was very impersonal and rigid.
Pros
love the building
Cons
high turnover
The job has many benefits with team building good feedback and flexible hours.
Program Therapist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 25, 2017
A typical days work includes the fowling: assessments, clinical interventions, case management, consultations, staff meetings. I have learned a lot about psychopharmacology from psychiatrists. They have a wonderful management team that give valuable feedback. There have a nice work place culture that emphasis team building. The hardest part of my job is to see a patient go off medication and get hospitalize. The best part of the job is to see patients gain independence and live on there own.
Pros
Flexible hours causal work environment
Cons
At times it becomes fast pasted that can creates pressure
Stressful Environment
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 9, 2017
Good place to get experience but very stressful environment. Definitely not a place where you can build a career because of so many negative factors.
Pros
Mission
Cons
company culture, stressful environment, demeaning management, unrealistic attendance policy...
is not a good place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 3, 2016
Clinical Sierra Vista is not a good place to work because is under pay and they work you off a lot and its not worth the pay. Some providers are so rude and management is horrible!!! The nurses don't want to do their job so you have to be doing their job too
.the only good thing about CSV is that is a good place to get your experience if you are straight out of school and you get an hour lunch and don't rake your 15mins break. Its a super fast flow so the day comes by fast but its too much double booking.
Pros
1 hour lunch, friendly staff
Cons
suppose to get 15min breaks and never take them, expect very low pay, never want to give u a raise
CSV Not the greatest place to work
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 30, 2016
Back then we worked with a partner. It was sup to you and your partner to do your daily duties such as check patients in and out, verify insurance, place on sliding scale if they had no insurance, collect co payment, update any and all info. etc. Partner was always online posting selfies or chatting and made us fall behind on helping patients, therefore we had angry patients. It was so stressful because all my coworkers and even managers were doing the same as my partner and I found myself doing more than was required of me to get the job done and get those patients in faster. It was so stressful and overwhelming that I developed anxiety and quit because the office manager did nothing to fix the problem. A lot of drama there...
Cons
stress, drama, write ups
I enjoyed working here
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 27, 2016
I loved my position as an MA because I worked with different providers and patients. Elderly, pregnant women, children and laboratory. Here is where I acquired the most experience in the medical field.
Pros
Team work
Cons
time is slow seen patients
Stressful/Productivity matters not quality of work
Behavioral health case manager (Former Employee) –  Delano, CAOctober 10, 2016
Underpaid, stressful, billing is what matters, Director is inconsiderate and lacks giving appreciation but quick to fire people. I worked hard for the best of my clients but this is an at-will company and they will choose client's words over yours no matter the years you put into the company nor the passion of "helping people". The office lacked management and as a result 3 behavioral health managers were terminated yet nothing happened to management. Behavioral health case mangager= salesperson. Like a salesperson has to meet sales goals a behavioral health case manager has to meet productivity. The difference is that a salesperson is compensated for hard work and everything matters yet a case manager gets low pay and not all duties are considered billable so those duties don't matter. You have to protect yourself from your own employer because they are looking at all the negative you do instead of positive.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Horrible management, low pay, not worth the stress
Great and friendly work environment.
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 4, 2016
Reception and clerical duties. Performed nutrition classes and counseling to participants. Translated spanish for clinic physicians. Printed food vouchers for paeticipants using state computer system. Received customer service and good phone ethics training.
Pros
Great benefits package and health care service.
Cons
Low pay.
Organization With a Great Mission to Serve
Manager (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 12, 2016
If you want to be part of an organization that does incredibly important work and makes a tremendous difference in the lives of people on a daily basis, then Clinica is the place for you.

Clinica employs a very committed and dedicated group of staff in all areas; the sense of teamwork and support is very good.

My observations are that senior management does try to do right by and for people throughout the organization...be it benefits, compensation, etc.
Pros
Very mission driven, lengthy history, strong teams, committed individuals.
great company
Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 20, 2016
good company benefits ... great company to start with little experience . they will help you grow . defiantly enjoyed my time working for them
Working for Clinica Sierra Vista
Receptionist/Medical Records (Current Employee) –  Wofford Heights, CAApril 17, 2016
I enjoy this job for the most part. I enjoy helping our patients, providers, and staff. On a daily basis we are busy, and it is a fast-pace environment. I have definitely learned how to multi-task, and prioritize every situation I am faced with. The management was not the best at keeping new staff involved with the company, and any changes. I never know what is going on aside from what is right in front of me. My co-workers are great, especially the MA's and providers. The front office plays favoritism, which makes it hard to do much of anything besides the basics. The most enjoyable part of this job is the patients/customers, helping them understand their healthcare and needs makes me feel like I am in this position for a reason.
Very challenging position. But upper management needs to respect lower staff
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CA 93301April 7, 2016
Working at clinica was a challenging position. However management had no clue on how to show staff any appreciation for a job well done. A typical day included billing. Payments. Aging. Filing. Faxing. Phone calls
Pros
STAFF DAY FOR ALL
Cons
NOT BEENING APPRECIATED
Love the Marriott
Family Advocate/ Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 17, 2016
I first started as a Gift shop clerk worked my way in 6 month to be Loss Prevention officer and Purchasing Supervisor. At Marriott was a great part of my life I enjoyed every minute and years while I was there. learned so much about different ways in the Hotel Business, from eating French fries with mayo to trying to pick up kegs for beers with a back brace. My years at LAX Marriott taught me more drive that I did not have or I did just didn't know how to use it.
Pros
everything
Cons
I left my job
They help the underserved i love that
HCH-Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 7, 2016
i loved working at Clinica They have a lot of good services for the poor. One of the best services Is the Behavior Health Department the whole staff was great from Manager to Therapist,
Pros
Healthcare for Homeless
Cons
not enough compassionate employees
Internship with cheif of quality and risk assesment
Quality and Risk Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 17, 2016
¬ Received subpoena requests for proofreading and accuracy. Recorded results and sent them out for processing.
¬ Researched and implemented changes to subpoena request process that streamlined and improved overall productivity and accuracy.
¬ Served as liaison between patients and complaints to the quality department.
¬ Reviewed and presented incident reports to the department head.
Prodcutive
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 6, 2016
I had a chance to tutor children who's mother's were raising them on their own. Living off low income in acceptable homes.
Pros
long lunch breaks
Cons
short hours
productive
Patient Care Assistant/ Medical reception (Current Employee) –  Lamont, CADecember 1, 2015
I enjoy working with clinica its a very friendly enviorment, fast phase, great staff and very good team work. everything is very confidential. we have various offices and the providers there are excellent.
Very high paced
Receptionist / Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Wofford Heights CaliforniaSeptember 29, 2015
I liked working at Clinica Sierra Vista. It was very fast paced and most of the patients were great to be around most of the co workers really cared about there jobs.
Cons
short breaks if any

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clinica Sierra Vista. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval