Clinica Sierra Vista Employee Reviews in United States

great company
Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 20, 2016
good company benefits ... great company to start with little experience . they will help you grow . defiantly enjoyed my time working for them
Very challenging position. But upper management needs to respect lower staff
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CA 93301April 7, 2016
Working at clinica was a challenging position. However management had no clue on how to show staff any appreciation for a job well done. A typical day included billing. Payments. Aging. Filing. Faxing. Phone calls
Pros
STAFF DAY FOR ALL
Cons
NOT BEENING APPRECIATED
Love the Marriott
Family Advocate/ Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 17, 2016
I first started as a Gift shop clerk worked my way in 6 month to be Loss Prevention officer and Purchasing Supervisor. At Marriott was a great part of my life I enjoyed every minute and years while I was there. learned so much about different ways in the Hotel Business, from eating French fries with mayo to trying to pick up kegs for beers with a back brace. My years at LAX Marriott taught me more drive that I did not have or I did just didn't know how to use it.
Pros
everything
Cons
I left my job
They help the underserved i love that
HCH-Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 7, 2016
i loved working at Clinica They have a lot of good services for the poor. One of the best services Is the Behavior Health Department the whole staff was great from Manager to Therapist,
Pros
Healthcare for Homeless
Cons
not enough compassionate employees
Internship with cheif of quality and risk assesment
Quality and Risk Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 17, 2016
¬ Received subpoena requests for proofreading and accuracy. Recorded results and sent them out for processing.
¬ Researched and implemented changes to subpoena request process that streamlined and improved overall productivity and accuracy.
¬ Served as liaison between patients and complaints to the quality department.
¬ Reviewed and presented incident reports to the department head.
Prodcutive
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 6, 2016
I had a chance to tutor children who's mother's were raising them on their own. Living off low income in acceptable homes.
Pros
long lunch breaks
Cons
short hours
productive
Patient Care Assistant/ Medical reception (Current Employee) –  Lamont, CADecember 1, 2015
I enjoy working with clinica its a very friendly enviorment, fast phase, great staff and very good team work. everything is very confidential. we have various offices and the providers there are excellent.
Very high paced
Receptionist / Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Wofford Heights CaliforniaSeptember 29, 2015
I liked working at Clinica Sierra Vista. It was very fast paced and most of the patients were great to be around most of the co workers really cared about there jobs.
Cons
short breaks if any
good work place would go back
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 10, 2015
I really loved working for this company. benefits were good. The management was fair and pleasant to work for. I had a great relationship with the patients and doctors.
benefits
company with a great mission and cares for the community
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 9, 2015
Enjoyed working with underserved populations. Always something to keep you busy. Fast paced work environment. Sometimes difficult to get needed resources to help patients.
Pros
Employees dedicated to helping the communtiy
Cons
limited resources to provide patient education, ex. handouts, etc
Awful Company
former employee (Former Employee) –  fresnoAugust 5, 2015
You work your A** off , they find a way to get rid of you and make you quit because the owner (S. Schilling) doesn't like paying unemployment. Very under paid for the massive workload, FYI , if you get hired expect to do every position , oh and don't complain because the " all duties as assigned" is literally thrown in your face , They suck the life out of you.

If you must work there , just get the experience and move on to a better company. Clinica is a training ground for Kaiser and all other companies anyways. GOOD LUCK ! Your gonna need it!
Pros
good hard working people
Cons
overworked, underpaid, your just a p-on
Overworked & Underpaid hardworking employees
LVN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kern CountyJuly 24, 2015
Clinica would be a great place to work if employees would be valued & appreciated more often. I've been in the medical field for 17 years and I've never felt so unappreciated. The work load they put on the Nurse Supervisors is outragious!! Supervisors are expected to work the floor with a provider if short handed and still be expected to handle walk-ins, among all the other issues and responsibilities going on in the clinic. You can't be two places at once.
Also, you can forget about requesting days off (PTO) it's rarely approved. And vacations, forget it! Been here almost 2 years and requested a vacation only to have it denied! And all I was asking for was 3 days off, if you even call that a vacation!
And if you have family, especially little ones this is not a good place to work. You feel as though your here all day!! Most our clinics don't open till 8:30 & close at 5:30. But it doesn't mean you get to clock out at 5:30 if you still have patients or if your finishing up on things you couldn't get around doing while seeing patients.

Bottom line staff is overworked & underpaid, CSV doesn't care about your family life or your wellbeing. It's all about revenue! I thought with time it would get better, it hasn't. It's time for me to start looking elsewhere. Our providers and staff are leaving left and right, mostly to Kaiser. And CSV is still asking why they can't retain staff? Doesn't take a genius to figure that one out!
Pros
Insurance is good
Cons
PTO(personal time off) usually denied, days off changed after schedule goes out, DON is rude & unappreciative
A wonderful learning experience
Behavioral Health Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Lamont, CAJune 28, 2015
I highly recommend it. It was a wonderful learning experience and management motivates and pushes individuals to pursue educational goals.
Very interesting & enjoyable place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 23, 2015
Very busy urgent care, patient intake, discharge & worked closely with several different physicians, great hours, enjoyed working with a large group of individuals.
Ok job, very underpaid
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 23, 2015
No room to advance in your career, employees are very underpaid. Physicians always come and go. Maybe 2 or 3 that have been there for a few years.
Pros
OT, Managers, great co workers
Cons
pay, too many responsibilities
good enironment
nutrition educator (Current Employee) –  Delano, CAJune 18, 2015
At the beginning of the month we are busy towards the end we slow down. We need to serve a certain amount of people monthly so we are open extended hour and also on weekends but those are optional if you want to stay over time. My supervisor is nice and flexible. I enjoy my co/workers. I have learned alot and still am.
Pros
we get an hour lunch
Cons
we need to give a 30 day notice if we need a day off during the week
Productive and high traffic workplace
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lamont, CAJune 11, 2015
It never a typical day at Clinica Sierra Vista, there is alway something new to learn.
The hardest part is that we never have enough provider to see our walkin patients
Very Fair And Professional Environtment
Operator, Medical Records, & Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lamont, CAJune 9, 2015
Very Productive
Learned how to register, verify insuranse.
Put up messages for different departments
Operator
File and pull charts
Communication
Pros
Very Helpful and Flexible
Nice place to work
Clinic Office Manager (Former Employee) –  BakersfieldMay 20, 2015
Work with all types of people and sometimes stressful environments but overall rewarding. Co workers are great and helping patients was the best reward.
Serious, Mission Driven Work
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CaFebruary 28, 2015
People work hard here, and they take their work seriously. Clinica Sierra Vista provides a continuum of service I've never seen from a single non-profit entity, and each division, team and employee - with rare exception - understands and abides by that commitment to serve. The CEO has been at the helm for more than 40 years, as has the CFO. And both have sustained a hands on, day to day grasp of the work across 3 counties. It can be exhausting, but there is no job as rewarding. Clinica deserves its reputation as a sincere, rock solid, grass roots organization - where the rubber meets the road.
Pros
clinica does more good for more people, in more ways than any other place i can think to mention; high demands for performance
Cons
some long hours, high demands for performance