Clinical Pathology Laboratories Employee Reviews in United States

Great company horrible superviser in specimen processing
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJune 27, 2016
The laboratory in Addison should consider another candidate who can understand her job and lead with clarity. The department has serious issues not meeting their deadlines due to lack of management and a organized work flow. Best of luck if you try this one.
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Cons
can't get over time
Great intern experience
Molecular Technologist Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 3, 2016
As a graduate student on a preceptorship, I gained hands-on experience on a variety of molecular assays. A typical day starts from 6 A.M to 8 A.M and shifts are generally only 8 hours but depends on the assay being run and if any problems are encountered through the day. Co-workers were friendly and willing to help me learn.
Client Services Representative Lead
Client Services Representative-Lead (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJune 16, 2016
Here I was the Lead for 5 or 6 phone representatives. We had to speak to all doctors, draw stations and nurses for any labs or testing that we performed for them. Loved this job also
Productive and friendly environment
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXDecember 14, 2015
CPL is an extremely professional workplace environment, full of employees who are energetic and willing to lend a hand. A typical workday involves trouble shooting client issues and delivering lab results to nursing staffs. Client demands can be overwhelming at times, but we do it with a smile on our face and kindness in our voice. Helping clients make a difference in a patients daily life is very rewarding.
Pros
great benefits, friendly staff
Cons
distance from home
Me thinks NOT!
Phleb (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 4, 2016
I been worked in this industry since around 2000 and have worked a few others medical jobs, but this job cuts the cake. This is THE WORST job that I have ever worked in my whole career! Employees (who I worked with) bicker with each other too much, are nosy, and are forever lazy. People who have just graduated, in my opinion, need more training and stuff that I have seen they doing with people's specimen...(shaking my head), lastly, but not least, MANAGEMENT! Oh no, baby! Management makes the whole entire company look bad. This company possess too many cliques, people get fired for too many stupid reasons (the good and hard-working employees).... BUT these are all just my opinions..... Never know where you are going to end up, they move you around mid-day. Sometimes you get a lunch and sometimes you don't, hard to utilize your PTO that you have accumulated....must I continue?
Pros
None- just a job!
Cons
unorganization, rude staff, unprofessional.
great company
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXMay 30, 2016
i loved this job! such a wonderful company to work for. i recommend this company to any phlebotomist who wants a rewarding career!
Ot
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 16, 2016
A lot of OT. Base pay should be higher. High volume. Space is an issue. Parking can be an issue when there are events. Opportunity to change shifts.
it ok
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 20, 2016
its a place to learn different things and grow as a person. also work for good doctors offices and improve your skills everyday. the enivorment is very nice.
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad management
Well established policies and procedures
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 27, 2015
Company has clearly outlined expectations for conduct and work quotas. There is a very good insurance contract with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas. Management is structured and the rules are strictly enforced. If you are looking for a place with structure then this is the place for you.
Pros
Bonuses are possible depending on production.
Cons
Work can be monotinous.
It's a general reference laboratory
cytotechnologist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TexasOctober 14, 2015
The phleb's need to get a grip on reality. Just because you attend a business college short course on " working in medicine " does not qualify you for massive compensation packages. People with college or university degrees make very decent money and have fairly standard benefits packages. They also have vastly more intricate knowledge about the blood you drew and the pathologic states they are working to aid in diagnosing. Often times their work leads to the actual diagnosis, this is the same for Cytotechnologist 's and Pathologist's.
Fast Pace
Client Service Rep./Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 21, 2015
Multi phone lines on/out bound. Must have great data entry skills. skills. Have strong composure. Excellent multi tasking and problem solving skills. A lot of favoritism
Pros
free lab work
Cons
brownnoser and favoritism
dedicated to pt and clients
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Macon, GADecember 19, 2015
A good company to work for. Enjoyed working with account rep in keeping the client happy and delivering quality work. Customer Service friendly and very helpful with any questions.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
short lunches
A real good place to learn
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXAugust 11, 2015
Clinical pathology is all about what a lab do we draw blood we process the blood ,I learn alot been here there is never doll moment ,the management is real professional they are real cool people very patient they have a lot of knowledge the hardest part of the job is not enough time ,the most enjoyable part of this job is learn and enjoy what I do helping and meeting new people ,,
Did not like this company
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 19, 2015
It was a fast pace environment. I learned more techniques with lab work. Management was poor. no respect for their employees. hardest part of the job was dealing with management. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the patients and other employees.
excessive work/little pay
Customer Service/Phlebotomist/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXOctober 26, 2015
Worked for CPL laboratories for 9 yrs. This company will run you down and let you go once they fine new hires to work for less.
Pros
NO Bonus
Cons
No breaks
Good Laboratory and Equipment, Productive and Busy, and Location.
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 10, 2015
Great Co-workers
Work day started mixing samples received and inputting into the computer system.
Enjoyed supporting reference laboratory.
Management Direction unclear at times.
Learned more multitasking strategy.
Pros
Good Breakroom, Benefits, wages, and Job enviroment.
Cons
Training program incoherent at times
not a fun place to be. real boring work environment with no advancement opportunity
Data Entry Clerk/ Specimen Processor (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXAugust 24, 2015
everyday is the same at work. no challenge to both mental and physical strength, co workers are friendly but management is a big no no.
n/a
Courier (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXNovember 2, 2015
Fun work place with good people. You Spend a lot of time on the road and go to different doctor's offfices and meet new people on a daily basis.
Over worked less pay
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 21, 2015
They will let you work like a dog, if ever you will have an overtime within a day or a week they will let you cut that overtime like they will let you get 2 to 3 hours of break time then come back to work and finish your day. I don't mind working overtime as long as they will pay.
Cons
: I am a self-motivated individual with excellent organizational and people skills. I have a passion for helping others and my desire is to obtain a p
Certified Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 10, 2015
Daily routine, walk-workers, turn on lights, log into systems, turn on lights, greet co-workers, wash hands check schedule, bring pts to lab, draw, and check pt out, place blood samples in the back and continue to bring pt to lab, before during down time I would sanitize areas, stock stations, draw more pts, take lunch, come and continue to draw pts blood samples. end of day we sanitize and restock for the following day.
Pros
i enjoyed each and every pt and learned so much
Cons
there was not anything to complain about

2.9