Clinical Reference Laboratory Employee Reviews

NOT Friendly
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 15, 2017
The people are just not willing to wK together to get the wK done. Its a crazy zoo, but the wK is very easy (order filler).>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Pros
Sometime the company by you lunch
Cons
People been in sample dept for 21 years
not fun
Document Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJune 8, 2017
people got a way with a lot of stuff. The days were very very long and overtime almost every single day. and having to raise your hand to use the restroom was a joke
Not worth the stress
Document Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 23, 2017
I worked there for over a year and it was horrible. I often worked 10 hour days. We had to combine our two fifteen minute paid breaks into lunchtime and never received extra break even when we worked multiple hours of overtime. This company gives bonuses on how long you've been at the company not the quality of work you do. Also everyone got the same raises regardless of the quality of work they do. The only good thing about this job was I loved my co-workers. Another bad thing was only one person in the department could take PTO at a time, and the company doesn't give many holiday days. We had to work the day after Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve. They expect certain people in the department to do more work than others for the same pay.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
pay, bonuses, management
It was a nice place to work and it was manageable
Associate Clerk (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KS 66215April 21, 2017
I would work Monday through Friday and I liked it. I liked their Management and everybody I worked with there was nice.
The easiest part of the job was pouring the sample.
Decent work environment
Accessoning Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 3, 2017
Worked here for 19 years as a specimen processor and regret staying for so long. Management needs some serious work as they are rude and favorite employees that are caucasian.
Benefits
Cons
disrespectful management
People are great, but long hours
Toxicology Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 25, 2017
I loved my co-workers, very friendly people. Management is nice as well but needs some work on organization and skills. The company overall seemed great. Free lunches from time to time and free ice cream on fridays during the summer. They offer a lot of cool information to employees if you look around and read the boards. The biggest con is the Toxicology department can have long hours. 90% of the time it was 10-12hr days. They give you two 20minute breaks and no lunch breaks. Other areas of the company get two 20min breaks plus an hour lunch break. I dont recommend that department if you have a family or are still in school.
Pros
Free lunches, nice people
Cons
Long hours, poor management
Eh.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 25, 2017
It's tedious and unfulfilling, and you will probably reach a dead end in your department. But you can wear jeans and listen to your headphones if you're not upper managment, so...cool I guess? I don't know. It's fine, but don't go looking for deep fulfillment there.
Pros
holiday meals, casual dress
Cons
boring, silence from managment
Good place to enter into the diagnostic laboratory industry
Global Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSNovember 25, 2016
Great hours, good benefits, opportunities to grow. Flexible on hours when necessary. Entry level jobs are low pay, and can be long hours. High turnover in certain areas.
Awesome place to work
Supervisor-Kamal Saadat (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAOctober 5, 2016
This was a great work atmosphere. The staff I worked with was always outgoing and fun. The supervisors were willing to help with anything needed. Great place to work.
Horrible!
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSAugust 24, 2016
The company itself is great to work for. However, middle management in every department lacks significantly. It's quite sad. It doesn't matter if you're the best employee they have, you will still be micromanaged, treated like dirt, and have your soul sucked out with each passing day. You have to deal with immature management and people who are allowed to scream in your face and get away with it. Some people are overworked where others stand around and talk.
Pros
ice cream truck on fridays in the summer
Cons
most everything
Don't do it!
MT (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSAugust 13, 2016
The is little to no training and if you don't know something you will be written up. Mid management only cares about their bonus for saving money therefore you are worked like slaves and not appreciated. If you ask management a question their replays are rude and accusing. Mid management has never had any official training and do a lot of things the shouldn't. Like talking with the people they like about other coworkers. Total idiots! And thy never come into the lab and have no idea what is really going on.
Good Company overall, Just be leery of the IT leadership group
Sr Developer (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMarch 4, 2016
The company has great ownership and overall leadership. The employees are great to work with.

The IT leadership has a problem that needs to be addressed. There is a real disconnect between the IT leadership and the people doing the work. If they could correct this than it would be great.

Because of the leadership issue in IT, there is no advancement. They have even taken away the Supervisor position and made the supervisors developers again.
Pros
Good ownership and executive management group, good group of employees
Cons
IT management and the promotion path within IT
Lots of work - Not enough pay
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSNovember 6, 2015
Depending on the department you are hired for, a lot of the employees like to be involved in drama. There are very few people that I've worked with there that kept away from being involved in said drama. This includes the manager as well. I would prepare for mixed work days and lots of drama filled days if hired for a position with this company.
Great place to work ,loved my coworkers
Accessioning Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJuly 15, 2015
Great place to work loved my coworkers had a lot of fun enjoyed meeting new employees. had a great time working for this company
Great Atmoshere.
Wellness Support Services Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KsJuly 1, 2015
Absolutely amazing place to work.

Family like environment and opportunities to help everyday people with diagnosing health risks and achieving a healthier lifestyle.
Pros
Free Ice Cream on Fridays!
Cons
Fluxuating work load.
Please walk away
Accessioning (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMay 20, 2015
I spent 8 years with CRL, I was subjuect to 12-14 hour days, unable to schedule vacation days when I needed them to tend to my family, pay cuts and schedule changes whenever they wanted with little/ no notice. Earned many promotions but passses up so they can choose their favorite employee. Subjected to gender discrimination. Had many of my workers rights violanted in the best interests of the company. Please please do not waist anytime with this company, you will never make it far no matter how much yourself and your values you give up.
Pros
free lunch occasionally, free fruit
Cons
Employee Abuse.
n/a
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSFebruary 5, 2015
Good management under my branch, the company really tries to help out the employees as best as they can. Cons, very repetitive in the circuit I am currently working in but CRL allows you to transfer to different branches in their company.
Free fresh fruits daily, health screening when you need it. Fresh coffee, tea and condiments and most important purified and filtered water hot/cold
Accessioning Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 7, 2015
Mostly a happy and energetic environment. Don't be surprise if the CEO stops by just to say hi and thank you. Generally, managers and supervisors are readily available for support. Issues and problems are resolved before they mature. I feel very safe and get satisfaction in what I do for the team and the department. Love the people and the diversity.
Pros
Promotes healthy lifestyles, free fesh fruits daily
It is a very unorganized place with unorganized people
Consent Printing Clerk- I (Current Employee) –  Lenexa,KSOctober 22, 2014
There is no room for advancement or even to learn new things unless you have friends in high places.Poor
Pros
Free lunch from time to time
Cons
Poor management
No advancement, minimal pay and benifits
LCMS Chemist / GCMS Analyst / Extraction Chemist (Current Employee) –  lenexa ksSeptember 7, 2014
Mandatory over-time plus being called in almost every 'weekend'.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clinical Reference Laboratory. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7