Clinical

Clinical Employer Reviews

Productive and Time Management
Student (Former Employee), Manchester, NHApril 6, 2014
Typical day as a student at clinical was preforming ADL'S. Feeding residents, ROM Exercises

I learned that patience is key to this high demanded job, even when it seams like there is not enough time always asking for help.

Managing your time and being prepared before entering a residents room helps with the time management. Making sure you have every – more... thing you need to start and finish the job.

My classmates and I were always helping one another with any help that we may need.

Most enjoyable part of this job is helping people with ADL's and being compassionate towards other people

Hardest part of the job is not to get attached to a resident, yet showing compassion and caring for a resident and death. – less
great job
Service Representative (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MOMarch 24, 2014
serviced medical equipment
delivered and pick up of medical equipment
delt hand in hand with doctors and nursing staff
to meet patient needs
Examining, Treating, and Evaluating Patients
Chiropractic Physician (Current Employee), Des Peres, MOMarch 23, 2014
Chiropractic Physician diagnosing, treating, and evaluating patients
Amazing healthcare facility and team! Would be honored to work there.
Student Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee), Painesville, OHMarch 22, 2014
Assuming that this review is about my clinical experience at Lake Health- Tripoint Medical Center... It was a wonderful experience! I had heard nothing but negative rumors prior to my clinical experience at Tripoint Medical Center. After working there, I can attest that you will be happy and taken care of at Lake Health as either an employee or as a – more... patient. It was the cleanest, friendliest, most caring hospital I have ever set foot in. Communication among patients, multidisciplinary staff members, and management was unbelievable. Everyone at Lake Health truly cares about not only providing high quality compassionate care, but also about being the best healthcare employer. Like there motto: They "...get it."
I wish I could get a job there! – less
Life of a student
Medical Assistant - 303 Pediatrics Urgent Care (Former Employee), TorontoMarch 18, 2014
Crazy amount of work, but very enjoyable. The staff was very helpful, physicians loved to teach, learned about medicine. Hardest part was seeing sick children, best part was treating them and putting a smile on their face.
Summer youth program
EXTERNSHIP (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 17, 2014
Pros: enjoying the children company.
Cons: long hours and low pay.
The Summer Youth Program were about children enjoying their summer while learning the fundamentals of religion.
Dedicated to improve the quality of life
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), Mequon, WisconsinMarch 10, 2014
A Place to work at, a place that matter to me and that meets my expectations, and most especially a place that challenged me to think critically when carrying out my duties as a nursing Assistant
Friendly and caring personnel
Classroom Instructor (Former Employee), Phillipines, and Santa Ana CaliforniaFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: teaching students basic procedures
Cons: short time to let all students do their assigned task or procedure
I start early, get morning reports and proceed with the duties for the day which last for 8 hours
They call me 2 hours before my work starts to tell me what hospital I am going to at that particular day.
I meet with my students then assigned patients to them according to the task the classroom instructor wants them to know, the level of student's proficiency – more... and experience, the status of the patient, and the attending RN's permission. If they need to know a certain procedure in order to pass a course, I explain the procedure 3x and do it in front of them 3x in practice. I do not do it in front of the patient. I coordinate with the nurses caring for the patient if they are willing to let us do a procedure to their patient. The nurse usually checks the students knowledge of the techniques in executing the procedure and will allow it if attending RN thinks the student is ready. I am the clinical instructor so 80 % of the time I perform the procedure first with the attending RN and all the students are watching. In that 8 hour clinical rotation most of the student can perform the task for that day. If not they will continue the next time we will meet in addition to the assigned task for the next time. – less
Mannerful Workplace
Medical Support Assistant (Former Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDFebruary 10, 2014
Treating patient's with respect and honesty. Pleasant work place to gain, learn, and become knowlegeable for individuals graduating or have graduated to better themselves in a private practice.
Wonderful
Volunteer (Former Employee), the woodlands, txFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: very employee friendly
Cons: stressful work
this is a wonderful place to work with a lot of opportunity. People are friendly.
Productive and Ever Changing
Surgical Nurse/Same Day Service(Pre-Admit) (Former Employee), Staff RN at Wishard / Eskenazi Heatlh ServicesJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: ever changing rules of documentation
Typical Work Day: Rushing to get patient's ready for surgery. Quick to obtain medical information and review of existing information.

As some patient's not clear on their medical data, I learned to ask questions in different ways to be sure information is as accurate as possible.

Co-workers, hard working.

Hardest part of job is ever changing of rules – more... by management on what is required documentation standards and what is not. – less
Productive workplace
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee), Louisville, Ky and surrounding areasNovember 14, 2013
Pros: excellent client base
Cons: travel, decreased caseload
Day to day operations were efficient for the home based therapist. Clientele were challenging
Productive and fun working environment.
Student Nurse Aide (Former Employee), Greensboro,NCNovember 3, 2013
I was a Student Nurse Aide for 36 Clinical hours in Greensboro. It was a great place to help learn all of my skills needed to do everyday tasks.
productive and efficient lab.
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee), Wilkesboro, NCOctober 22, 2013
Pros: great coworkers
well organized lab in a busy hospital, with staff that work well together.
Spine Surgeon's practice
Surgical Coordinator (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GASeptember 25, 2013
Putting patients first is the most important aspect of my job. Thru care, information, follow up and reliability. Having a patient tell you thank you for what you do or that you made a difference in a difficult time such as spine surgery is very rewarding.
I have learned so much about spine as well as all aspects of a medical practice that I hope to – more... continue to use my knowledge and skills for the benefit of another practice or business. – less
Productive Learning Experience
Sterilization Technician (Former Employee), Vineland, NJSeptember 14, 2013
Gained a lot of experience
Put my knowledge to use.
Management was awesome
Loved being with patients
Most difficult was not being able to experience more
Nursing clinicals
Student Nurse (Former Employee), georgiaSeptember 11, 2013
fast paced enviroment where they expose you to multiple situations and teach the appropiate treatment and responses.
Unique working enviornment
Administrator and Director of Nursing (Former Employee), Palm Springs, CASeptember 4, 2013
Pros: was not micromanaged.
Cons: no budget for paying the rent, supporting nurses, or companions.
I would like to clarify that this is first time I've ever reviewed a company where I worked. What is interesting is this is also the first time where such unusual conditions existed.

Unknown to any of the employees, the company's owner was cash strapped when he purchased the Home Health Care facility. He failed to realize the company did not have any – more... certifications or licenses. This put a major hole in his budget. Immediately, he quickly began to lay off every employee with the exception of the HR Director and my position as Administrator, DCS, DOR, Infection Control, Admissions, Orientation and field nurse. As each employee was let go my job titles rapidly grew.

Otherwise, it was an excellent working environment. The only other employee was the HR director and she was a boon to keeping the contract labor available for the respective clients.

The first thing that had to be done was create from scratch a complete set of Policy and Procedures and supporting documentation. Next was preparing the facility to meet Department of Health Services for inspection and licensing. We passed the initial inspection with zero squawks and received our license. Next was preparing for Medicare. Because money was not available we had to wait until the owner had 20,000 for the CHAP's. A key element for Medicare is there be adequate employees to meet certification. Owner did not want to hire the necessary employees to meet their requirements.

Typical day began with unlocking the facility, evaluating the upcoming day's work, filing and going out to client's homes. Twice a week infection inspections were conducted in the facility and at client's homes. Also, prescriptions were evaluated to confirm client was not using medication improperly and they were up to date. Additionally, a survey was conducted every two months to assure the client didn't develop any unexpected medical problems. Periodically, the survey would discover misdiagnoses by physicians. A quick phone call usually resolved the problem. This ranged from sprains that were actually broken bones to fainting that was discovered to be medication interaction.

The most difficult part of the job was discovering we would not have the money to meet payroll and satisfy certification requirements. At this point I cannot continue to detail just how serious the problems were As it turned out, this was an excellent teaching experience about how to do the most with the least.

There were days of pure joy when a client found their sense of Independence and ability to get around had improved due to close monitoring of their health. – less
Great learning environment
Radiologic Technology Student (Current Employee), Clearfield, PAAugust 29, 2013
- two straight years of clinical education, with half-days of classes. I thoroughly enjoyed working with and learning from the staff and clinical instructors.
Privileged to have worked there
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), San Leandro, CaAugust 28, 2013
Pros: great learning environment
This is a very special place I have been honored to work at where I providing care for children with life limiting health conditions. Every physician, nurse, and staff member here is excellent.

1 2 3