Clinicient

Clinicient Employee Reviews

This ship has nearly sunk!
A/R Specialist, Lead (Former Employee), Portland, OregonMarch 16, 2015
I'll just give you a list of negative things that did and will occur when you work at this business. Your capability to fax or receive faxes goes out several times a month. At that time you must contact all of your clients letting them know that once again our fax is out of service and they won't be able to fax us anything (most importantly, daily deposit information). Clinicient's own software that it uses to for billing services they provide(they also lease the software) randomly disconnects without warning and can last anywhere from minutes to several hours. That happens at least once a month. They are WAYYYY understaffed and assign ONE account manager to in between 35-45 different clinics to manage at any one time. Can you imagine trying to manage that many different clinics and keeping them and the owner happy? Well guess what, they hate you and Clincient because they never deliver their promises to clients. And Clincient will continue to push you to meet goals even though the goals they set are impossible with the malfunctioning technology and being so understaffed. They constantly change the structure of the company to try and make things run smoothly and they never do. Employees constantly are quitting or randomly being fired with no explanation. Think i'm lying about all this? ASK THEM ABOUT THEIR 40% TURNOVER RATE! Clinics are cancelling their services left and right because our company cant even staff enough people to work the clinics we have . Upper management posses no people skills and love to make you feel stupid if you don't know the answer to a question. Trying – more... to find time to sit with a manager to ask simple questions is like trying to have a sit down with the President of the USA. . Also moving up in this company is a joke. I know people that have been very respectful hard working people and wanted after years to move up to management only to find out that they hired externally for the management position and didn't give you the opportunity to apply or after you applied they won't hire you because you don't have a college degree. No experience does not matter here! I could go on and on but I just want to make it clear, I guarantee the last few positive reviews are not valid and are in fact made by company executives. – less
Great company, great vision and offers real value to its clients
Regional Business Consultant (Former Employee), Portland, ORFebruary 24, 2015
This is a start-up company with a big future. The teammates I worked with were solid professionals, competitive and a lot of fun. Great company to build your future career.
Fast Paced and ever changing work environment
Billing Specialist (Current Employee), Portland, ORFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: great work culture
Cons: overwhelming amount of work
I have learned a lot, and am kept on my toes. It has been lots of growth and change in structure and leadership. I am charge of creating and billing claims for a LARGE book of business, and then tracking the claim to payment, and then posting. I have great co-workers, and they are kind and fun. We work hard. The executive staff has been changed out quite a bit too, that has been tough. I feel each day doesn't have enough time for me to go to all my work, and not leave some behind. I enjoy most the people I work with and the flexibility of this company.
What does $15 million in investors get you other than a slow server
Practice Analyst/Account Manager (Former Employee), Portland, ORJuly 7, 2014
This company develops software and has a billing service side.

The software side over promises to sell clinics the RCM (Revenue Cycle Management) service and then the clinics are upset when these promises are not delivered.

They are going through major changes with $15 million in investments and a new CEO. They are understaffed and the staff on board is overworked and underpaid. Also, the server is VERY, VERY, VERY slow and the internal staff and external clients experience delays that effect job performance and productivity.

They had no HR until recently and that seems to be to clean house.
People are fun to work with
Account Manager (Current Employee), Portland, ORMarch 12, 2014
A typical day at work starts with sending out claims, then pulling in ERA payments, adjusting, and posting them to patient accounts. Insurance follow up is required for those payments that come in with an explanation of benefits that is unclear. This is done for every clinic, and then the follow up begins. Also, cleaning up accounts is a continuous job. I learned a lot about medical claims with this job. Management is fairly knowledgeable but still fairly new. Co-workers were all fun to work with. The hardest part of my job is lack of training. Most enjoyable, the people and always learning.
Fun work environment
BILLING SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Portland, ORNovember 11, 2013
Pros: free soda, coffee, and company parties
Performing all daily billing responsibilities in a timely, accurate and complete manner.
• Ensuring that all clearinghouse enrollments are processed completely and correctly and that rejections are resolved in a timely manner.
• Follow up on all claim denial, researching denial reasons and taking corrective action to resolve the denial and process the claim for timely payment and ensure that clinic AR metrics are met. Also responsible for communicating to and working with the Revenue Cycle Analyst to identify and correct trends in claim denials.
• Responding to and correcting all issues tasked through the clinic database by the AR follow-up team or the Revenue Cycle Analyst.
• Resolving deposit queries sent by the posting team and ensuring that all clinic deposits are complete and balanced.

Management and co-workers are great.
The hardest part is getting someone on the insurance side who knows what they are talking about.