Clinique Employee Reviews

Rewarding Job
Business Manager (Former Employee), Dover, DEAugust 12, 2015
If you enjoy helping people then this is a job for you. Products are excellent and customize to meet your client needs! Company provides adequate training.
loved working here
Clinique Consultant (Former Employee), columbus gaAugust 6, 2015
Pros: great hours, steady income
Cons: lack of management
The atmosphere was great. I enjoyed doing my job and the steadiness of work it provided. the income was consistent and great pay! The management wasnt often around so hard to do or accomplish much when they were needed.
Fun, energetic, spirited place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), La Mesa, CAJuly 21, 2015
Sales of higher-end cosmetic products - enhanced my selling skills, created a customer book that I used for followup - frequently the top sales person for the store (Macy's).
An excellent job!
Counter Manager (Current Employee), Cookeville, TNJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Client Connections, Great Product, Gratis
Cons: Sales Goal Pressure
I loved the fast paced work of this job, the product was sound and really helped clients. It was amazing to get to really connect with people and see them leave confident and smiling. The sales goals can be intimidating but they are not at all unrealistic!
Not a bad place to work
Consultant (Former Employee), Blacksburg, VAJuly 18, 2015
I worked at a Clinique counter located in my university bookstore so my experience was slightly different than an average counter. Though I got gratis, I did not make commission or get to go to training sessions. Our account exec was also not very present or condescending when she did attend our events. Overall not a bad place to work and I would definitely work for the company again, but at a different location with different management.
Good environment with a lot to learn
Certified Skin Care Consultant (Former Employee), Garden CityJune 24, 2015
My experience at Clinique was a great learning experienced. It helped me create skills for interacting with clients and building relationships.
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Charleston, WVJune 22, 2015
I love the Clinique brand and the coworkers I have. The company is very generous in their travel accommodations for training classes. On a regular day you will have a few make overs and mostly just serving revisiting customers.
diverce and proper
Salesman (Former Employee), San Juan, PRJune 14, 2015
Pros: good income and lots of hours
Cons: inestability with day of work
my day on Sear as a Retail agent is basically makin sure that i sell the product with the most proper and efficient skill. Trying to sell the product no matter what .
productive and fun
Sales/ Team sales (Former Employee), ST. LouisJune 3, 2015
Pros: customer
Cons: healthcare
clean/ organized
sales/ team sales
I learned and events product knowledge
co-works are fun to work with
the hardest part of the job is nothing, I can handle what comes my way
the enjoyablet thing about my job I get to talk to customers everyday
LOVED IT!
BEAUTY CONSULTANT (Former Employee), WILLOWBROOK MALL/MACY'SMay 5, 2015
Pros: EASY, FUN, FAST-PACED, SALES, FREE PRODUCTS
Cons: HIGH QUOTA, VERY COMPETITIVE
I ABSOLUTELY LOVED WORKING FOR CLINIQUE. IT WAS THE FIRST SALES JOB THAT I HAVE EVER WORKED AND AFTER NO TIME AT ALL I BEGAN TO TRULY BELIEVE IN THE PRODUCT THAT I WAS SELLING, MAKING IT EASIER FOR ME.
A TYPICAL WORK DAY WAS FAIRLY EASY. I WOULD COME IN OPEN THE STORE AND GOT THE CHANCE TO MEET WITH MANY DIFFERENT PEOPLE FOR MANY DIFFERENT REASONS! I WAS ABLE TO BUILD AND MAINTAIN RELATIONSHIPS WITH CLIENTS.
Clinique Experience
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Augusta, GAMay 3, 2015
Pros: Great chain of command
Cons: No hours and low pay
Nice environment fast paced.The people are very family oriented and care about each other. I love working here there is just an issue with hours and amount of pay.
Okay.
Beauty advisor (Former Employee), KnoxvilleMarch 1, 2015
I enjoyed working for Clinique. Belk, not so much. If Clinique had a store of their own, without a partnership.. I'd still probably be there.
the best job ive ever had
Clinique Special Events Team (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: products are great
Cons: short hours
I love makeup so goimg to work and being surrounded by makeup what more could i ask for. Wish I could have worked with them longer.
i was rewarded with free clinique make up
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Durant, OKFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: free make up
Cons: jerms
my typical work day consisted of educating customers on Clinique products, I learned a lot about skin care and how to properly apply makeup.
Uplifting work environment with passionate people, and products to believe in
Beauty Adviser (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: education and gratis
Cons: unrealistic goals
A typical day at work begins with a clean lab coat, a smile, and a review of the days goals. Throughout the day you are greeting and engaging customers with the knowledge and expertise learned in class. Applying makeup, teaching skincare, and following up with clients.

I learned a vast amount about skincare, cosmetics, and how to connect them to reach goals.

Management is very supportive, and helped me immensely in reaching my goals.

Most of my coworkers were awesome. However, if there was ever an issue, I always felt comfortable going to my supervisor for a resolution.

The hardest part of my job was achieving the high goals, but not impossible

The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to express myself with makeup/skincare and share that with others
Great company
Bloomingdales Retail Business Manager (Former Employee), NYFebruary 4, 2015
Great company, High sales goals.
good discount, but you have to make sure you hit your goals year after year. Hard to move up.
Fun and innovative
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Frankfort, KYJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: compensation for products
Cons: scheduling
Fast-paced, fun work environment, with product knowledge trainings. Compensation for product usage is a plus.
easy going, sometimes stressful place to work
Skin Care Consultant (Current Employee), NYJanuary 21, 2015
customers can be funny and entertaining, the products are amazing for anyone with troubled skin and selling them with personal testimony helps!!
Beauty Brand
Art Director (freelance) (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 5, 2014
Develop visual concepts and finalize designs for print campaigns & website designs. Art director for photoshoots.
Making the world beautiful one person at a time
Counter Manager (Former Employee), Loveland, CONovember 14, 2014
Pros: free makeup
Cons: very late night and holiday working hours
Within Clinique on a daily basis I would educate customers on their skin care and the correct products to use but also educate my team on improving their sales and how to address issues with their clients. I would regularly deal with disgruntled customers as well as shoplifters and the procedures that would follow. Throughout my day I would be monitoring the overall counter sales as well as individual sales of my team and come up with marketing events to promote more business. I would accept inventory as it was shipped in as well as working with outside companies to go over all product inventor On slower times I would go over new products that have come out and how to demonstrate them correctly. Quarterly I would go to seminars within the company to be further educated on products, sales and client building strategies.

I learned a great deal with Clinique, not only about skin care but also in driving sales, driving my employees to come together and work as a team and keeping a positive work environment.