Clinique Employee Reviews

Lovely Company
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIFebruary 23, 2018
The company treats you like family, paid training in wonderful hotels! Receive gratis a few times a year, and will get Christmas gifts from the company as well.
Pros
gratis, nice pay, fun trainings
Cons
presale, gift
Nice place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILFebruary 23, 2018
A nice company to work for , I learn the basic of beauty industry , and I did grow a lot as well , as for the management team no comments.Is was not hardest thing about these job.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No cons
The people you meet working in Cosmetics are very interesting.
Consultant (Current Employee) –  FreelanceFebruary 23, 2018
The people you meet working in Cosmetics are very interesting. The culture of working in the skin care and cosmetics field have not changed much in 30 plus years. Very similar personalities are attracted to this field.
Pros
Samples
I got paid to do what I loved, playing in makeup and making women feel beautiful.
Counter Manager/Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Hazard, KYFebruary 6, 2018
It was a busy and fast-paced job. It was also a sales-driven job, so you have to put in the work if you want to make any real money, but if they start cutting hours you are screwed. The best part of the job was my clients and making them feel beautiful. I also loved the training and learning new things Worst part of the job was the drama. Constantly clashing with the store employees that were not cosmetics, being expected to cover for them and taking time away from the makeup counter. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. And as much as I loved the training, the traveling sucked. Having to drive sometimes as long as 5 hours after a long day of work, just to stay 1-2 days for training (which counted as my days off), have to drive the 5-6 hours back home and be back to work the next day.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Drama, inconsistency
profecionalismo excelente
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 5, 2018
el dia de trabajo es arduo y eficiente.
aprendi a proporcionarle a los pacientes un servicio con calidad que los hace sentir seguros y reconfortados.
lo que mas me gusto fue el impecable trabajo en equipo que garantiza la satisfaccion y bienestar del paciente
make-up sales
Make-up Artist (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLJanuary 29, 2018
I don't believe I was paid fairly for my work. I also can't believe they put me on the floor selling with zero make-up application training. The hours were difficult also considering the low pay.
Pros
discount
Cons
hours
Fast paced and skill benefiting enviornment
Marketing Freelance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10153January 22, 2018
At Clinique, I had the opportunity to network and help in building a brand already well-known in the cosmestics/retail industry. Very good way to get my foot into the world of business.
Fast paced, fun and competitive
Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MNJanuary 22, 2018
Fast paced, fun and competitive. The commision and promotions at the counter are great incentives. Clinique also provides excellent education to ensure Clinique beauty consultants exceptional knowledge of the products and various opportunities to execute success with clients.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Moderate blackout days
Fun Competitive Fast Paced
Consultant (Former Employee) –  DelawareJanuary 18, 2018
If you want a job that is fast paced and competitive this is for you. It is a sales based job where the more you sell the more you make. They provide you with all the training you need and the skills and tools to be successful.
Liked it alot
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 4, 2018
Great fun and a lot of work, enjoyed helping and teaching the clients. Good education though they need to involve the clinicians more in development. Need to update themselves but enjoyed it a great deal.
Pros
Fun
Cons
No life balance
Clinique
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJanuary 3, 2018
This company was a great fast paced environment to be in while I was in school it also taught me a lot about customer service. The culture was laid back but also knew when to be serious at the appropriate times. The hardest part of the job was working through the holidays. The most enjoyable part of the job was taking on the responsibility of working at the counter by myself and making sure the products were ready and stocked for the day .
Pros
fast paced environment
Cons
bad management
nice place to work
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAJanuary 2, 2018
It was a nice place to work, decent money, I just didnt like the hours and the pushiness of the management to meet goals. You get nice incentives like 200-300$ worth of free products every quarter and 3% commission.
Pros
people, incentives
Cons
slow paced, don't care for selling
Amazing
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INDecember 25, 2017
I have no complaints about this company- they were understanding toward my situation and Amazing to work for. Loved the classes and learning about skin care everyday!
horrible place to work
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WI 53226December 18, 2017
very inconsistent schedule. there is absolutely no support from the store manager. very dude and demanding. no support from the clinque management as a team
Pros
discount
Cons
poor management
Great company to work for
Clinique Business Manager, Dillard's (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 4, 2017
Clinique provides top sales training which is applicable to any job.
Met lots of great people during my tenure. Fun company to work for! Free makeup is definitely a plus!
Productive and very friendly
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MONovember 21, 2017
Loved working for the company and the advancements and training really helped me to advance further in the job... Loved the atmosphere in which I worked and the other employees who worked with me...
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Budgeting
Love Clinique
Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Lucedale, MSNovember 21, 2017
I will always Love and Sell Clinique wether I still work for them or not... I learned so much about myself and about others; especially about how to take care and manage your skin and stay healthy. Clinique is a way of life!
Fast-paced and stressful
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 20, 2017
Very fast paced, enjoyed working with other consultants, but the management can use some improvement. Receiving gratis was a nice benefit, and the commission is also an added bonus. Working in cosmetics is enjoyable, but you need to develop a thick skin in order to work in the cosmetic world. Sales goals can be a challenge to reach especially in this competitive field.
Pros
gratis
Cons
bad hours, hostile work environment, poor management
great company
Marketing Services Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 20, 2017
It's been over 10 years since I worked at Clinique, but I very much enjoyed my experience there. It was entry-level, but I learned a lot and look back fondly at it.
Stressful and discouraging work environment, with limited opportunity for career advancement
Associate, Marketing and Consumer Engagement (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 17, 2017
There is no work life balance and most are employees are underpaid. It is a reactive and not proactive environment. Management takes a hands off approach in execution but a hands on approach in presenting work completed, often times without acknowledgement of the team.
Pros
Healthcare, Gratis
Cons
Compensation, work life balance, career growth