Clinique Employee Reviews in United States

Staff was excellent
business manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 1, 2015
Excellent products, the team was great to work with. The clients are great as well. Clinique is a wonderful company with proper management and training.
Pros
Free classes and merchindise
Cons
Compensation is low
Great job, not interested in the field anymore.
Manager/Beauty Advisor/Makeup Artist (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAMay 6, 2016
I used to think I wanted Cosmetology as a profession, but I think was more interested in the art aspect. I am the counter manager/team lead, and average week consists of inventory, being in charge and assigning tasks for my team of five girls, ordering and replenishing product. Informing customers on said product, and hopefully making a big sale! I love my team, the management above us is not ideal, but I go to work everyday with a smile and the thought that a new day holds new promise. Before this job, I had no official management experience, there was a lot to master, paperwork wise especially, but I feel more confident than ever to further my career.
Pros
Gratis on makeup and skincare
Cons
Short breaks, not lovable attitudes.
Clinique Counter Manager
Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJMay 2, 2016
Working in the Cosmetics Industry is one of the most competitive, stressful, and intimidating job's out there. There are so many products, technique's, standard's, goals that you have to go by. Working for Clinique has given me the confidence to believe I can do anything that I set my mind to. Clinique give's there consultant's the most education, incentives, room for advancement then any Cosmetic's Brand in the industry. Working for Clinique help's you create relationships with you client's not only to be loyal to your as your consultant but by making that client feel extra special and can sometimes turn into a friend for life. Starting out as full time consultant to be promoted to counter manager, Clinique has given me the opportunity to learn how to balance how to be a leader, as well as being a business manager.
Pros
Knowledge, Confidence, and getting to try all the new and latest products
Fast paced company, always working on something. Easy company to grow within.
sales associate/Beauty advisor (Current Employee) –  Hoover, ALSeptember 27, 2015
Always meeting new people and solving their problems, which is great being the people person that I am. Spent hours with people at a time doing their makeup, giving me the chance to get to know my clients. Extremely challenging, had multiple goals to meet. The hardest part of my job is being able to provide the same amount of time to each client, I would like to provide equal amount of time to each and every client i see a day. It has taught me balance and how to evenly distribute my time. I really enjoy the support and appreciation from upper management. We share our success stories together and all my co-workers and I motivate each-other to do our best every day!
Pros
Thank you letters from upper managment, Free makeup and skin care from Clinique.
Cons
Constanly changing schedual, hard to plan life around work.
Great product and company
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 5, 2016
I enjoyed working for Clinique as a Beauty Associate. I was part time at a better department store and my schedule was a good fit. I did rather well as a salesperson and enjoyed the on-going education that the company provided , which in turn kept me up to date on products knowledge and selling strategies. Having spent 20+ years in the business at various companies Clinique is #1 in training and appreciating their employees.
Pros
Loved wearing my lab coat
Cons
Extreme store hours during holiday time (Thanksgiving/Black Friday/X-mas Season) got to be too much.
Working for the Company "Clinique" was nice and excting, rewarding and interesting
Cosmetic Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 25, 2015
I worked for Clinique Cosmetic Co. which was a good company to work for overall.

A typical day at work would entail: Opening of cash registers checking for correct money count. Cleaning and organizing of all cosmetic items on display and countertops. Rearrangement of any new visuals that may have been sent from corporate, usually to promote the newest skincare product, color palates, or promotional give away specials.

As a sales associate it is your responsibility to check your daily sales goal and exercise a full effort to reach, if not exceed this goal. Keep track of customer traffic, personal sales per hour and items per transaction.
Bring awareness to the brand product through verbal product knowledge and informative print ad. Perform cosmetic makeovers and skin treatments to help raise daily sales.

I learned more about the beauty industry that I had known before with this particular brand, and definitely brushed up on my application techniques.

The management at this store was the reason I am no longer employed there. I have never experienced the type of upper management that I did at this store. The disorganization, manipulation, deception, non-communication,inconsistent (everything), and the actual lies that this stores management displayed and behaved, was the most unprofessional experience of my life.

The poor co-workers all walked around on eggshells everyday of work. Their job security was appalling and was used in a controlling manner..

The hardest part of this job was DEFINATELY the uncertainty of what was next from upper management.

The
  more... most employable part of the job was having women come in and helping them feel better about the way they look and how to keep it!  less
Pros
Discounts on Clothes Etc., The customers
Cons
Management!
Very Enjoyable atmosphere, energetic employees
Promotional Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMay 16, 2016
Being a very outgoing and energetic person, working with Clinique has been a great experience. My main goal in a typical day working with Clinique is selling to and recruiting new customers on the sales floor during special promotions.
Pros
Doing what I love: Selling
Cons
Hours are not consistent and only work when needed throughout the year.
Great company to work for
Global Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 23, 2016
The PR team is a very creative and collaborative group. I really enjoyed my time there and learned a great deal about beauty and public relations efforts.
Pros
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILJanuary 14, 2016
Great company to work for especially while in college. Training comes every couple months which can be a con for new comers, but staff will help with everything you need until then.
Pros
Great pay, awesome authority
Cons
Long wait for training
Not a bad place to work
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAJuly 18, 2015
I worked at a Clinique counter located in my university bookstore so my experience was slightly different than an average counter. Though I got gratis, I did not make commission or get to go to training sessions. Our account exec was also not very present or condescending when she did attend our events. Overall not a bad place to work and I would definitely work for the company again, but at a different location with different management.

Want to know more about Clinique?

Ask a question
loved working here
Clinique Consultant (Former Employee) –  columbus gaAugust 6, 2015
The atmosphere was great. I enjoyed doing my job and the steadiness of work it provided. the income was consistent and great pay! The management wasnt often around so hard to do or accomplish much when they were needed.
Pros
great hours, steady income
Cons
lack of management
It is a multitaskers job
Business/Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHNovember 16, 2015
I love working in the cosmetic industry. I love making women see their potential. I love leading other women. I enjoy being a manager. I enjoy knowing my business and being successful at it.
Pros
You get to go to great classes
Cons
you have to work a lot of nights and long shifts
Loved it!
BEAUTY CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  WILLOWBROOK MALL/MACY'SMay 5, 2015
I absolutely loved working for clinique. It was the first sales job that I have ever worked and after no time at all I began to truly believe in the product that I was selling, making it easier for me.
A typical work day was fairly easy. I would come in open the store and got the chance to meet with many different people for many different reasons! I was able to build and maintain relationships with clients.
Pros
EASY, FUN, FAST-PACED, SALES, FREE PRODUCTS
Cons
HIGH QUOTA, VERY COMPETITIVE
Uplifting work environment with passionate people, and products to believe in
Beauty Adviser (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 16, 2015
A typical day at work begins with a clean lab coat, a smile, and a review of the days goals. Throughout the day you are greeting and engaging customers with the knowledge and expertise learned in class. Applying makeup, teaching skincare, and following up with clients.

I learned a vast amount about skincare, cosmetics, and how to connect them to reach goals.

Management is very supportive, and helped me immensely in reaching my goals.

Most of my coworkers were awesome. However, if there was ever an issue, I always felt comfortable going to my supervisor for a resolution.

The hardest part of my job was achieving the high goals, but not impossible

The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to express myself with makeup/skincare and share that with others
Pros
education and gratis
Cons
unrealistic goals
Clinique Culture
Selling Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 16, 2015
A fantastic company to represent as a Clinique Consultant in a department store. Clinique definitely provides its sales associates the best education of any brand in the industry.
Fun, great manager training, educational
Business Manager/ Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCJuly 31, 2012
 1. Executes counter business plan and expectations.
• Sets and manages total counter and individual Consultant goals.
• Achieves personal sales goals.
• Creates/executes action plans based on market calendar for goal obtainment.
• Executes counter merchandising guidelines.
• Manages Consultant hygiene and image standards.
2. Recruits and screens potential Clinique Consultants.
• Recruits potential Clinique Consultants in conjunction with management.
• Conducts screening consultations.
• Orders Consultants' new hire packages.
3. Manages the orientation and development of Consultants.
• Leads orientation.
• Facilitates coaching between new Consultant and Counter/Market Education Manager.
• Monitors Consultant orientation process.
• Creates and executes development plan with Counter/Market Education Manager for each Consultant.
• Conducts team meetings for on-going communication.
• Uses effective management techniques to retain and motivate Consultants
Pros
meeting new people, great training
Cons
advancement was not there
friendly environment
Beauty cosultant (Current Employee) –  hicksville NYSeptember 5, 2015
you can improve your knowledge about skin care and services as my client and introducing new product.you meet something new everyday!
Pros
gratase
Cons
an hour brake every day
An excellent job!
Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJuly 18, 2015
I loved the fast paced work of this job, the product was sound and really helped clients. It was amazing to get to really connect with people and see them leave confident and smiling. The sales goals can be intimidating but they are not at all unrealistic!
Pros
Client Connections, Great Product, Gratis
Cons
Sales Goal Pressure
Fun and rewarding workplace
Clinical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOJune 8, 2012
At Clinique they go beyond selling product to their clients. Each experience is a personalize consultation and learning experience. The consultants address customer concerns with a personalized consultation and teach their clients how to bring out their natural beauty. A large majority of the consultants have been with the company long term.
Pros
family atmosphere and constant education
Cons
inexperienced management and low compensation
Rewarding Job
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEAugust 12, 2015
If you enjoy helping people then this is a job for you. Products are excellent and customize to meet your client needs! Company provides adequate training.