Clinique

Clinique Employer Reviews

Beauty Brand
Art Director (freelance) (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 5, 2014
Develop visual concepts and finalize designs for print campaigns & website designs. Art director for photoshoots.
Making the world beautiful one person at a time
Counter Manager (Former Employee), Loveland, CONovember 14, 2014
Pros: free makeup
Cons: very late night and holiday working hours
Within Clinique on a daily basis I would educate customers on their skin care and the correct products to use but also educate my team on improving their sales and how to address issues with their clients. I would regularly deal with disgruntled customers as well as shoplifters and the procedures that would follow. Throughout my day I would be monitoring – more... the overall counter sales as well as individual sales of my team and come up with marketing events to promote more business. I would accept inventory as it was shipped in as well as working with outside companies to go over all product inventor On slower times I would go over new products that have come out and how to demonstrate them correctly. Quarterly I would go to seminars within the company to be further educated on products, sales and client building strategies.

I learned a great deal with Clinique, not only about skin care but also in driving sales, driving my employees to come together and work as a team and keeping a positive work environment. – less
Provides execellent opportunity to work with the public at upscale retail vendors
Associate Consultant/Special Events Team (Current Employee), Southeast MichiganOctober 30, 2014
Work at prime retailers and meet new people. Get to demonstrate artistic abilities while providing a personalized service.
Macy Clinique is very poor place to work
Beauty Advisor Estee Lauder (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLOctober 18, 2014
The counter manager at Clinique Macys will make wonder why you even applied for this position. The culture is cut throat, stressful and back biting. The turn over is huge because no one can work with the two of the counter mangers in this department. They bully others, steal sales and create a very hostile work environment. I recommend choosing another – more... place to work. – less
Making someone feel great about themselves
Clinique Consultant (Former Employee), Missoula, MTSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: endless cosmetics education
Cons: not much room for advancement.
I really enjoyed the daily opportunity to make an impact on the confidence of individual customers. I had a great time using the products and learning about cosmetics.
fun comapny to work for
Counter Manager (Former Employee), memphis tnJuly 29, 2014
i liked working for this company and they will pay you a decent wage, plus they have very good benefits. i enjoyed working here
Always busy, working hard for the company
Make-up Artist / Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYJune 19, 2014
Pros: one of the lines that is allergy tested, fragrance free
Cons: hiring more part timers then full timers hard to keep up with clients
A typical day at work: morning meeting, connecting with clients on phone or appointments set -up. assisting customers, make-overs , stock knowledge, keeping up with the counter cleanliness and hygiene standards etc.. Always learning either from schools or the trainers on new products, tips, techniques . Very much a team, looked out for each other, servicing – more... @ times if needed their client if customer was in a hurry. The hardest part of the job is standing, the most enjoyable part of the job in connecting with customers. Management worked hand and hand with so we know what the goals are and achieve them. – less
Great experience
Beauty Advisor/Skincare Consultant (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJune 10, 2014
I love working for Clinique and applying makeup and helping customers find the perfect skincare regiment. I learned so much about the cosmetic industry and gained so many relationships with clients and coworkers.
Friendly staff as well as clients
EVENT COORDINATOR/SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Durham, NCJune 4, 2014
Consistently achieved recognition for #1 sales team in market. Worked as a team member to provide the highest level of service to customers. Received and processed cash and credit payments for in-store purchases. Maintained friendly and professional customer interactions.
Fantastic
Associate Consultant/ Make-up artist/ Model (Former Employee), Detroit areaMay 16, 2014
Clinique was a very professional work environment. I enjoyed traveling from store to store.
Customer Service Driven
Accredited Associate Consultant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 1, 2014
Love working for Clinique as an associate consultant! The hardest part of the job is not getting enough hours when you need them because special events aren't always taking place. The most enjoyable part of the job is traveling to different stores, meeting new consultants and new clients doing what I love.
Great Co-workers in a High Stress Sales Environment
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Stillwater, MNMarch 18, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, discount
Cons: poor upper management, inflexible
In this management role, I was able to learn a lot about working with a team, setting and tracking sales goals and the value of giving the best customer service. I learned how to communicate and balance goals and expectations from my cosmetic manager, store manager, account coordinator and account executive, all of whom I stayed in constant contact – more... with.

The hardest part of the job was how sporadic the hours were. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people with skin concerns of all types- acne, cancer, liver problems, etc...and making people feel happy when they left our counter.

I also am proud to say that I had a great team of co-workers that I still consider my friends. – less
Good environment to work in
Associate Consultant (Current Employee), New York,nyMarch 17, 2014
My main job is promotional sales. I travel to different clinique counters around the New York City area and help with sales, advertisement, customer service and clientelling. I love what I do because I get to work around people and I am a big people person.
Amazing Price Points
Promotional artist (Former Employee), Jacksonville freelanceMarch 13, 2014
Pros: gradis
Love the products for all ages. The company is another Lauder product line so the colors and textures work for everyone
loved being around my clients and making them happy
Beauty consultant (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 2, 2014
the best place i have worked for. everyday i look forward to be at work .i enjoy every second working there. i love my customers, i always do my best to make them pleased. everyday i learn new things. i learn how to deal with every person even if they don't speak the language, i always have a way of understanding them. i learnt how to understand and – more... deal with my co workers just as if they were a family to me. my manger is one of the best mangers that i have ever had in my life, she is sweet and very understanding person.there isn't anything hard about my job. as long as you are doing the right thing, i thing it becomes very easy. – less
Fun place to be and learned a lot
Makeup Artist and skin consultant (Former Employee), Loomis, CAJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: free education
Cons: limited upward mobility
I liked working for an Estee Lauder company and really enjoyed the freelance work they allowed me to do
clinique is great macys not soo much
Counter Manager/ Counter Education Manager (Former Employee), Marlborough, MADecember 29, 2013
Clinique I loved, macys I hated no work life balance minimal pay for a lot of hard work never appreciated
stressful job
Beauty Associate (Former Employee), manhattan beach, caDecember 4, 2013
I hate everything about macys and the way they treat their employees.
bad experience
Beauty Advisor/Cosmetic Artist (Former Employee), Oxford, ALNovember 14, 2013
poor management and horrible attitude of coworkers. Sales and expectations we okay and they paid pretty well. Clinique was good but Dillard's is not.
Productive, positive and fun workplace
Consultant (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TXNovember 7, 2013
Pros: gratis, free product!
Cons: working quite a bit and get drained quickly
The Company is a very fun and rewarding Company to work for, however working inside of a department store can be rather draining. Especially around Holidays, you miss out on a lot of family activities that usually take place at home.

1 2 3 4 5

About Clinique

The company's Estée and Bobbi are counted among some of the closest friends to women worldwide. Estée Lauder sells cosmetics, – Read more

Clinique Photos