Clinique Employee Reviews

Great place to work for to strenghen my customer service skills.
Beauty Consultant/ Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, NEApril 20, 2017
Typical day at work:
Build and maintain strong customer relationships.
Interface with existing customer base, maintains active contact with a growing preferred customer list and follows up with customer inquiries.
Meet or exceed individual sales and clienteling goals and support the goals of the team
Conduct make-up applications, skin care analysis and product demonstrations with guests.
Ensure that all merchandise, testers and demonstration stations are maintained and set to company standard.
Enjoyable part of the job:
Meeting new faces and being able to help them according to their needs through knowledge and recommendations.
Pros
comission
Cons
I was able to travel to a lot of different seminars
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXApril 10, 2017
I learned a lot when it comes to makeup. Got sent to a lot of seminars to learn more about the product. I was able to make a change in peoples lives by helping them change the look of there skin.
Pros
paid time off when ever needed
Cons
If did make sales quota you would get fired in a month
Clinique Counter Manager
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORApril 1, 2017
Clinique is the leader in the cosmetic world to set you up for success. Clinique provides you with excellent training and support. You have a account coordinator and account executive that keep in touch and keep you on track with your events, goals, coaching.
Pros
You get hourly plus commision so you decide how much you make.
Cons
Cosmetic world is changing so fast it is hard to keep up with changes.
Corporate brand
Creative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 28, 2017
Clinique is going through many changes. It is a great company, but the staff is being reduced while the workload increases. Everyone is expected to wear many hats and juggle multiple projects. Wonderful staff.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Limited opportunity, lack of direction
Fun and vibrant workplace with great coworkers
Beauty Advisor/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCMarch 26, 2017
While my immediate manager was less than steller, my "clinique manager" was fantastic. Very supportive and ensured that my coworker and I were always caught up on the latest events.
Great Experience
Clinique Consultant (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAMarch 19, 2017
I loved working for Clinique! The company is amazing. They send you out for all your training and always treat you with value. I would still be with the company if my store had not closed.
Pros
Team, Events, Clients
Cons
Work hours, holiday hours
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXMarch 12, 2017
Great place to work, also benefits were fairly good. The line was slow at times, but managed to keep busy. Management at Clinique Macys were fairly good.
Amazing company
Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 21, 2017
I love Clinique. I love the brand, I love the training, I love everything about Clinique. I am so happy that I am able to work for them and I look forward to growing into an Education or Account executive.
Pros
education, gratis, growth, friendly peers and management
Cons
retail hours, hard to find a good retailer to grow with.
Retail
Belk Store Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXFebruary 6, 2017
Retail is tiring. You work for product. But you end up folding clothes for three hours. This really makes it unpleasant job. You work all holidays and weekends. Most nights till 11:30 when store closes at 9:00. It would be better to work in own department only
Pros
learning and teaching
Cons
working in other departments foreced
enjoyable, flexible Makeup job
Freelance Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 24, 2017
A typical day at work would consist of recruiting customers, handing out samples, makeup applications, facial treatments,providing customer service and building sales. I learned many things such as product knowledge, how to use certain products and when to use them. Management was okay, it was very self managed since it was a freelance job. Hardest part of the job was adapting to each new store and finding where the products were and locate bathrooms, food courts etc. Most enjoyable part of the job was pleasing customers with their makeup transformations.
Pros
20$ an hour
Cons
Not much help from managers.
Productive and exciting place.
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 17, 2017
This place is so fun to work at! If you love makeup look no further. You learn so much working with this company. What I love the most are the classes.
Pros
Classes, free makeup
Cons
sales goals
Productive and stimulating workplace
Associate Consultant (Former Employee) –  North Shore suburbsDecember 23, 2016
I would make sure items were organized neatly and if we weren't busy i would try to generate sales. I would make phone calls to follow up with customers and sat customers down to increase my sales.
Pros
Free makeup and skin care
Cons
around the holidays, the store picked up.
Beauty Consultant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNNovember 29, 2016
Working at clinique was fun, the workplace was enjoyable. Met new people and learned new techniques about makeup. Clinque had seminars, which I enjoyed about clinique.
Pros
Work place was kind
Cons
Not enough staff in the evening shifts
Great for part time work
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 22, 2016
Working for Clinique was a pretty laid back experience. Nothing very complicated about the position. The only issue I have is with the almost unattainable goals management has for their team.
Pros
Work environment, flexibility
Cons
Compensation, vicious co workers, unreasonable goals
overall great company to work for
Accredited Clinique Consultant (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSNovember 10, 2016
There are many perks to working as a Clinique consultant. They put you up in hotel rooms with spending money during annual training, they send you gifts for Christmas, including a piece of Tiffany and Co. jewelry. You also receive around $200 of free product every four months. Plus, you spend the rest of your time teaching women to use outstanding products.
Excellent Skin Care System
Retail Consultant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 30, 2016
Clinique has some of the most effective skin care products on the market. They value a clean, natural look for women to keep looking their best. I was trained as a consultant to attend special gift with purchase events and serve clients in various department stories. I learned a lot at the training and in turn, I was able to teach many clients the three-step system in order to take better care of their skin. The counters were always organized with samples to use and new products in stock. Clinique mailed me new products directly to my house so that I could experience the products first hand, becoming better equipped and more knowledgable to help clients with different skin types. At the counter, I worked with clients who had an appointment and with clients who walked up. I loved working with people and providing good customer service to both new people and long term clients.
Great working with the public
Make Up Artist/Sales (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GASeptember 9, 2016
Contacts with Clients daily
Knowledgeable in skin care for all types
Great co-workers - fun to work with
Pay scale could be better
Meeting the different people and seeing results
Pros
Meeting all different types of people
Cons
Income
Unbelievably Excellent Company!!! My FAVORITE job thus far
Business Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 5, 2016
They are the best company to their employees!!! They have wonderful training courses. They are very good about coaching from the highest level to the consultant on her first day. They make an awesome product that I believe in which made it sell itself
Pros
Free makeup and skincare. Working with very intelligent beautiful women, Fun, rewarding
Cons
Retail hours, working holidays
good stepping stone
Clinique Consultant (Current Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 4, 2016
Working at Clinique has taught me a lot and how to manage time and goals. It is a fast paced working environment with daily goals that need to be met.
Excellent company to work for.
Counter Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 16, 2016
Enjoy the day to day client/consultant interactions. Company provides thorough training and skill set to perform successfully.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clinique. Our community is ready to answer.