Who What Wear is seeking a full-time Senior Developer. This person will be tasked with writing scalable, modular, well-documented code that meets the functional requirements defined by the product development team. As a leader of the core technology team, you can expect to provide valuable input into the feasibility of our product development initiatives (which will extend to include user account management, a shopping platform, and improvements in our content management system). This role is for a team leader/mentor role and has the potential to evolve into a full-fledged software architect position as the company grows. If you want to make a difference and work with a growing, passionate team, we’d love to see your resume!
- Work collaboratively within a growing technology team consisting of 4+ people, developing innovative software approaches to retail e-commerce and content management.
- Provide effort estimates and creative implementation solutions to internal stakeholders such as design, advertising operations, and retail partners
- Assist the VP of Engineering with implementing sound coding practices such as agile development methods
- Write code to implement the technical development of all products, features and third party integrations
- Adhere to industry quality coding standards of MVC design, modularity and scalability.
- Follow the company’s core development guidelines for code documentation, deployment, testing, code check-in in and regression testing
- Work with the VP of Engineering to define the technical implementation strategy for new product initiatives
- Keep user experience in mind while creating easy-to-use interfaces for both front-end users (readers) and back-end users (editors)
- Develop a user account system that can track activity and behavioral preferences, with the ultimate goal of providing more interactivity and customizability to visitors
- Develop content and retail publishing tools for a wide range of platforms, including mobile and tablet
- Willingness to ask for assistance when encountering technical problems.
- Coordinate with Systems personnel to deploy code in a secure and stable manner.
- Remain current on industry best practices and emerging trends and technologies.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Computer Science or other technical degree preferred (based on a BS or MS in CS or related field)
- 6+ years experience developing code in standard open source web programming languages
- Experience with team-building and project leadership on high profile, high traffic applications
- Experience with Agile development methods
- Knowledge or aptitude for emerging technology and platforms including mobile (HTML 5, iOS, Android)
- Understanding of coding issues related to user interface (UI) design, and search engine optimization (SEO)
- Experience customizing leading open source e-commerce frameworks such as OS Commerce, Magento
- Experience integrating ad serving technology, social media, search engine marketing, lead generation and video management tools into a core CMS platform
- Experience with data migration and RSS feed aggregation and integration
- Proficiency working with relational databases, SQL, MySQL(5)
- Experience with one or more current open source Model-View-Controller frameworks such as Zend or CodeIgniter
- Working knowledge of modern content management platforms such as ExpressionEngine, Joomla! and Drupal, or the ability to create a customized CMS on top of industry standard frameworks such as Zend.
- Working knowledge of leading open source CMS and e-commerce platforms such as ExpressionEngine, Magento, OSCommerce
- Familiarity with current best practices in cloud network and server infrastructure such as Amazon EC2
- Familiarity with database and performance issues in a LAMP environment
- Working knowledge of support networks such as CDNs, video serving platform and advertising serving platforms
- Familiarity with email newsletter platforms such as Sailthru, Mailchimp
This is a full-time salaried position located in Los Angeles. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
ABOUT WHO WHAT WEAR
Who What Wear is the definitive authority for trend-setting fashionistas and their followers between the ages of 18-34 – this multi-media brand has quickly become the essential resource among tastemakers everywhere and is beloved by numerous stylish celebrities such as Rachel Bilson and Nicole Richie, all the while, appealing to all young women with its inclusive voice and approachable take on fashion, celebrity and style.
Who What Wear reaches its audience through its online magazine and a daily email newsletter covering the latest in celebrity fashion, runway trends and beauty secrets. The WWW content also includes online video and books – Who What Wear TV was the #1 downloaded podcast on iTunes within the fashion vertical during its entire 4 season run, and the books, Who What Wear: Celebrity and Runway Style for Real Life, and What to Wear, Where, have received rave reviews. Who What Wear will soon be expanding its business by launching Who What Wear Beauty, where we will cover the latest beauty products, newest hair and makeup trends and tips, as well as Clique by Who What Wear, the destination for VIP discounts, exclusive products and deals available on the web, all chosen by Who What Wear editors. WWW was launched by two former ELLE magazine editors in 2006 and is located in Los Angeles.
Indeed - 21 months ago