Clique Media, Inc. is seeking a full-time Senior Developer. We are looking for someone who enjoys writing object oriented, scalable, well-documented code that meets the functional requirements defined by the product development team. As a leader of the core technology team, you can expect to provide valuable input into the feasibility of our product development initiatives (which will extend to include user account management, a shopping platform, and improvements in our content management system). This role is for a team leader and mentor and has the potential to evolve into a full-fledged software architect position as the company evolves. Recently relocated to sunny, airy new offices in West Hollywood, we are growing our tech team. If you want to make a difference and work with a passionate team, we’d love to see your resume!
- Work collaboratively within a growing technology team consisting of 4+ people, developing innovative software approaches to retail e-commerce and content management
- Provide effort estimates and creative solutions to internal stakeholders such as design, advertising operations, and retail partners
- Assist the VP of Engineering in defining the technical implementation strategy for new product initiatives
- Write modular, scalable code to implement the technical development of all products, features and third party integrations
- Adhere to industry standard best coding practices, such as MVC design, OOP, and Agile development methods
- Follow the company’s core development guidelines for code documentation, deployment, testing, code check-in in and regression testing
- Keep user experience in mind while creating easy-to-use interfaces for both front-end users (readers) and back-end users (editors)
- Develop a user account system that can track activity and behavioral preferences, with the ultimate goal of providing more interactivity and customizability to visitors
- Develop content and retail publishing tools for a wide range of platforms, including mobile and tablet
- Willingness to ask for assistance when encountering technical problems.
- Remain current on industry best practices and emerging trends and technologies
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Computer Science or other technical degree (based on a BS or MS in CS or related field) or equivalent experience
- 6+ years experience developing code in standard open source web programming languages
- Experience with team-building and project leadership on high profile, high traffic applications
- Experience with Agile development methods
- Knowledge or aptitude for emerging technology and platforms including mobile (HTML 5, iOS, Android)
- Understanding of coding issues related to user interface (UI) design, and search engine optimization (SEO)
- Experience customizing leading open source e-commerce frameworks such as OS Commerce, Magento
- Experience integrating ad serving technology, social media, search engine marketing, lead generation and video management tools into a core CMS platform
- Experience with data migration and RSS feed aggregation and integration
- Proficiency working with relational databases, SQL, MySQL(5)
- Experience with one or more current open source Model-View-Controller frameworks such as Zend or CodeIgniter
- Working knowledge of modern content management platforms such as ExpressionEngine, Joomla! and Drupal, or the ability to create a customized CMS on top of industry standard frameworks such as Zend.
- Working knowledge of leading open source CMS and e-commerce platforms such as ExpressionEngine, Magento, OSCommerce
- Familiarity with current best practices in cloud network and server infrastructure such as Amazon EC2
- Familiarity with database and performance issues in a LAMP environment
- Working knowledge of support networks such as CDNs, video serving platform and advertising serving platforms
- Familiarity with email newsletter platforms such as Sailthru, Mailchimp
This is a full-time salaried position located in Los Angeles. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
ABOUT CLIQUE MEDIA
We are a media company with websites in three verticals, women’s fashion, beauty, and home décor.
WhoWhatWear.com is the definitive authority for trend-setting fashionistas and their followers between the ages of 18-34 – this multi-media brand has quickly become the essential resource among tastemakers everywhere and is beloved by numerous stylish celebrities such as Rachel Bilson and Nicole Richie, all the while, appealing to all young women with its inclusive voice and approachable take on fashion, celebrity and style.
Byrdie.com, our beauty site, highlights the best in beauty, from celebrity makeup secrets to the latest products, with insider tips from the world's top hairstylists and makeup artists. Its glossy features are both aspirational and accessible, encouraging fashionable readers to experiment with beauty while simultaneously serving the needs of true beauty fanatics.
DomaineHome.com, our home décor site, is a shoppable online magazine spotlighting stylish shelter content for fashionable consumers. Led by Mat Sanders (Domino, Apartment Therapy), the site is a resource for aesthetic-minded creatively intelligent design lovers looking for home decor inspiration and ideas.
Indeed - 9 months ago
Culver City, CA
- 6 days ago
Web Developer III
University of Southern California
Los Angeles, CA
University of Southern California
- 5 days ago
Los Angeles, CA
- 3 days ago