Closet World

Closet World Employer Reviews

Nice family business
Accounts Payable & Receivable Clerk (Former Employee), Whittier, CAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: no free lunch
Cons: very limited benefits
I learned to many ideas and worked hard with this company. The management was very poor. The best part was I met a lot of good quality customers and I worked myself up.
It's a Job
Sales Designer (Former Employee), Whittier, CAJune 7, 2014
Pros: good sales training, clients where nice people
Cons: unhelpful difficult sales managers
Awful, worked there for a couple months and was very hopeful at the beginning, I should have seen all the red flags aka high turnover.
The managers are very rude which I was willing to deal with but they take no responsibility for their mistakes and try to pin the fault on you, still I was willing to remain hopeful until I saw my low commission checks. They give their favorite designers good discounts for their clients and if your not a favorite you only get 18% discount for your client which means less closed sales. I was sent to bad leads exmp. Apoxy flooring (when we don't offer apoxy flooring) or clients who were cold called and pressured to take the appointment. Endless amount of lies and unprofessionalism, the experience left me truly sad and disappointed. Please look elsewhere for an opportunity unless you are desperate or need sales training for free.
Youn determine your own success
Sales/Design (Former Employee), Whittier, CAMay 28, 2014
Had fun interacting with clients.
Learned excellent follow up skills, selling techniques.
A very independent position.
Hardest part was not having a set schedule.
Fun place to work
Certified Designer (Current Employee), San Deigo,April 25, 2014
Fun place to work, they provide training for all the product groups and also all the appointments. No cold calls which is great.
Closet World provides excellent training. It's a diverse company and I m glad to have had the opportunity.
Designer/Sales (Former Employee), Whittier, CAJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: gas card bonus
Cons: traffic
A day in the life would start early on the road with a cup of java in hand and talk radio.My job taught me a lot about accuracy.
Measurements had to be perfect. Otherwise the installation would not go well. My co-workers were pretty cool. Most of my work was done in the field so when we got together at our monthly sales meetings, sharing stories and advice was welcomed. The hardest part of my job was the traffic.It's like the heat in LasVegas, you never get use to it. The most enjoyable part of my job would be designing a lovely functional closet with all the bells and whistles (And making my clients happy of course).
productive workplace
Helper/Installer (Former Employee), Industry, CAJuly 8, 2013
Pros: driving all day
Cons: stuck in traffic all day
my typical day included, loading and unloading company vehicle. installing closets, offices, cabinets. driving all over southern california.

i learned how to cooperate with others in order to complete the assigned task within the allowed amount of time to keep on schedule.

my bosses enjoyed my work ethic and often told me on multiple occasions that i did better work than the guys who had been there 10-15yrs prior to my hire.

the hardest part of the job i would have to say was the occasional rude customer that would scream and yell because they didnt like the product they purchased.

the best part of that job was working with my hands.
Commission only and One of the worst jobs you'll ever have
"Designer" (Former Employee), Whittier, CaMay 3, 2013
Pros: they feed you during training
Cons: working for the company
I cannot believe I fell for this opportunity. The red flags were all over the place, but I and many others have fallen for the "Designer" position. The customer service representatives who are supposed to be there to help you have had a history of being rude and nasty. But after many complaints they seem to have gotten it together a bit.

Dont get me started on management, there is a poison in that company thats hard to describe, but anyone who has encountered this place will understand what I mean. They pretend to be nice to you and then you realize sooner than later that it was all a front because there is no respect for designers even though we are the reason why any of them get a check. Meanwhile, we have to spend all of our own personal money on gas only to end up with a very low commision. Its very hard to make it unless you have a nice savings account in the first place.

After all was said and done, one of the managers told me you need to have a nice amount in your savings account to do this job. My question to him was, how was I supposed to know that. No one ever mentions that at all during the entire time and by the time you get wise to whats happening you've spent all of your own money and are left to go find a "real" job. I worked my tail off on one closet in particular spending hours designing and re-designing, etc... only to find my commission was going to be a measely $50. And on top of that said client cancelled and no one even told me. I was expecting to get paid on it. I was making more on unemployment.

I would still highly reccommend this place however, but only to my worst enemy or an ex boyfriend.
a bad place to work at
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Industry, CAApril 24, 2013
Pros: dust and dirt all over the place
Cons: everything inthere is a cons
a place where safety means nothing from president to supervisors and employees let it happen. i wont recomend this place to anyone
Run! The worst company to work for!
Designer (Former Employee), Whittier, CAFebruary 1, 2013
Pros: flexibilty
Cons: bad pay, bad management, outdated sales tools, inadequate training
If you don't mind working for people who could care less about whether you get paid, or if clients are satisfied, or do anything to show they appreciate your hard work, then this is the place for you.

Designers do not win in this company!

You will be in a losing situation working with inept people who you can never depend upon.
Productive Company, I learned alot working their.
CNC Machinist (Former Employee), Industry, CAJanuary 14, 2013
I had a Supervisor that taught me alot. Which is rare now a days
Rude slave drivers
Designer (Current Employee), Southern CaliforniaOctober 15, 2012
Pros: ...let me think...still thinking...i got nothing
Cons: rude, low pay, no benefits, scheduling
The company is very good at motivating with lies, putting you down(over the phone) while you're in front of customers. They constantly tell you to be proud of your company and I have yet to see a reason to.
The designers are the ones making all the money for that company and they treat them inapropriately...they train new ones all the time because of the turnover.
Scheduling is very hard to plan around...you never know what your next day holds until 8PM the night before.
...yes, I'm looking for a new job.
Love working in the home improvement industry
Marketing support (Current Employee), Whittier, CAJune 30, 2012
Pros: creative, fun industry, great people, supportive management, low turnover, advancement opportunities, great work environment.
Cons: custom products are great, but sometimes challenging. totally worth it.
The housing market slowdown of the past few years has effected the entire home improvement industry. It's been a little challenging for everyone. I've been with the company for over 10 years. It's nice to work for a company that truly cares for its customers, employees and vendors.
Flexible hours/good money
Senior Designer (Current Employee), Los Angeles CaJune 22, 2012
Pros: flexible hours. my manager lets me vent ( most of the time)
Cons: too much paperwork.
I love meeting new people everyday and helping them get organized. Best part? No cold calling. (that wore me out in my last sales job.) A lot to learn at first but then it gets easy. Trust me--there is a reason I've been here a little over 8 years. Very good pay for the time I put in.
Horrible enviornment!!
Helper (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 18, 2012
Pros: nothing
Cons: even thinking of working here
unless you want to be treated like a dog working hard hard labor for $8.25 then this is the job for you. horrible excuse of a job unless you get to where the other guys are(which will be never).
Enthusiastic Management is contagious
Sales/Executive Senior Designer (Former Employee), Whittier, CAMay 15, 2012
While I was there I learned that I could sale! Not a lot of contact with other sales staff because everyone is out in the field with customers. My sales manager was extremely helpful and a very fair person. The hardest part of the job was keeping a strong sales quota. The most enjoyable part of the job were the clients.
It's a job......
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Whittier, CAMarch 21, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: constantly playing "mop up"
Working for this company is like a game of Russian Roulette. The company itself has a terrible service rating with the BBB. As a manager, I spent 1/2 of my day trying to motivate sales people, most of whom had a really distaste for the company. The other 1/2 was spent taking calls from VERY dissatisfied customers. It’s no wonder anyone doing a general Google search on the company will see the numerous complaints. There is a very dysfunctional nature about the company and if felt like an "everyone for themselves" sort of environment. I have seen every level of management quit their positions within my 1st year. Bottom-line, it is a job… just not a very comfortable one.