Closet World Employee Reviews

bad leads demanding supervisors
Designer of offices (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 14, 2017
poor place to work, no positive compensation. Too confusion scheduling department. Daily shifts and changes poor installation
Great
DESIGNER (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJanuary 7, 2017
Great to work from home.Excellent sales training.Management makes us as good as we can be.Love going tonew location everyday
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Really enjoyed this job. I liked solving peoples organizational issues with them.
In-home Organizational Design and Sales (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CASeptember 11, 2016
Really enjoyed working for this company. I loved meeting the new clients and working with them to find solutions to their organizational challenges. A big plus was when I moved from Orange County to Temecula, I got to see a lot of places I would never have found, due to the appointments I was sent on.
The hardest part of the job was hearing from clients in the Temecula area about installation issues. I only had a couple in Orange County, but in the Temecula area - it was almost every client. Sad.
Pros
Meeting great people
Cons
Difficult to plan anything due to very flexible schedule.
unorganized
shipping and recieiving (Former Employee) –  California City, CAAugust 16, 2016
a lot of meth heads, really dirty, not up to standards with work equipment, never gives overtime, makes you do more then what your paid for.
Cons
no overtime
Alot of customer service
Closet and garage cabinet installation. (Former Employee) –  Vista, CaliforniaDecember 22, 2014
I found this position as the first opportunity of customer service and being a part of customer service. A typical day at work would be being at work at 6:30 am and working until whatever time we can get the job done of building a closet or garage as per how the selling agent could build a closet or garage to specifications and measurements. There was not much of co-workers because every builder was assigned a job as an individual and I did see builders help each other at job sites, but every builder was assigned a helper and we accomplished the job as a team with direction from the builder . Most enjoyable part of this job was the paycheck because it was the first paycheck that I could base off of the work and amount of time that I put in. Here in this job I realized that team work was the key to a successful company.
Pros
benefits and hours put into work.
Cons
long hours and dedication.
Love working in the home improvement industry
Marketing support (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJune 30, 2012
The housing market slowdown of the past few years has effected the entire home improvement industry. It's been a little challenging for everyone. I've been with the company for over 10 years. It's nice to work for a company that truly cares for its customers, employees and vendors.
Pros
creative, fun industry, great people, supportive management, low turnover, advancement opportunities, great work environment.
Cons
custom products are great, but sometimes challenging. totally worth it.
great team , fun and good working experience
sales marketing (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJanuary 12, 2016
Great management, nice co-workers; well overall a great team! The products are sturdy, and they top class customer service.
Pros
great team
Cons
somtimes you have to work a lot
my supervisor was great
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAMarch 30, 2016
While I was there I learned how to sale! The experience was fun and informative and my supervisor was great, very helpful whenever i needed. the though part was of my job was reaching the sales quota.
Pros
fun and informative
Cons
sales quota
It's a job......
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAMarch 21, 2012
Working for this company is like a game of Russian Roulette. The company itself has a terrible service rating with the BBB. As a manager, I spent 1/2 of my day trying to motivate sales people, most of whom had a really distaste for the company. The other 1/2 was spent taking calls from VERY dissatisfied customers. It’s no wonder anyone doing a general Google search on the company will see the numerous complaints. There is a very dysfunctional nature about the company and if felt like an "everyone for themselves" sort of environment. I have seen every level of management quit their positions within my 1st year. Bottom-line, it is a job… just not a very comfortable one.
Pros
good pay
Cons
constantly playing "mop up"
Nice family business
Accounts Payable & Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 25, 2014
I learned to many ideas and worked hard with this company. The management was very poor. The best part was I met a lot of good quality customers and I worked myself up.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Very limited benefits

Want to know more about Closet World?

Ask a question
were wonderful
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Agoura Hills, CAFebruary 8, 2016
Each of the employees i worked with were wonderful!
They have a great team and they really care about their clients. Ive leaned a lot from them and i can say it was a great experience working there
Pros
They have a great team
Cons
nothing
Rude slave drivers
Designer (Current Employee) –  Southern CaliforniaOctober 15, 2012
The company is very good at motivating with lies, putting you down(over the phone) while you're in front of customers. They constantly tell you to be proud of your company and I have yet to see a reason to.
The designers are the ones making all the money for that company and they treat them inapropriately...they train new ones all the time because of the turnover.
Scheduling is very hard to plan around...you never know what your next day holds until 8PM the night before.
...yes, I'm looking for a new job.
Pros
...let me think...still thinking...i got nothing
Cons
rude, low pay, no benefits, scheduling
Productive/busy call center
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  3860 Capital Avenue, Whittier CA 90601October 30, 2015
Very busy call center, Log in every call, Busy with customers, New Customer and Customers that have been with Closet World for many years. Team player, great supervisor, work with Managers and designers in a daily basis. Once you know the procedures its not hard at all. What I like about Closet World is being able to help customers with their issues, making sure when they hang the phone up their satisfy.
Pros
Working with a great team
Cons
i can't find any cons about this place
Run! The worst company to work for!
Designer (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAFebruary 1, 2013
If you don't mind working for people who could care less about whether you get paid, or if clients are satisfied, or do anything to show they appreciate your hard work, then this is the place for you.

Designers do not win in this company!

You will be in a losing situation working with inept people who you can never depend upon.
Pros
flexibilty
Cons
bad pay, bad management, outdated sales tools, inadequate training
It's a Job
Sales Designer (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJune 7, 2014
Awful, worked there for a couple months and was very hopeful at the beginning, I should have seen all the red flags aka high turnover.
The managers are very rude which I was willing to deal with but they take no responsibility for their mistakes and try to pin the fault on you, still I was willing to remain hopeful until I saw my low commission checks. They give their favorite designers good discounts for their clients and if your not a favorite you only get 18% discount for your client which means less closed sales. I was sent to bad leads exmp. Apoxy flooring (when we don't offer apoxy flooring) or clients who were cold called and pressured to take the appointment. Endless amount of lies and unprofessionalism, the experience left me truly sad and disappointed. Please look elsewhere for an opportunity unless you are desperate or need sales training for free.
Pros
Good Sales Training, Clients where nice people
Cons
Unhelpful Difficult Sales Managers
Closet World provides excellent training. It's a diverse company and I m glad to have had the opportunity.
Designer/Sales (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJanuary 17, 2014
A day in the life would start early on the road with a cup of java in hand and talk radio.My job taught me a lot about accuracy.
Measurements had to be perfect. Otherwise the installation would not go well. My co-workers were pretty cool. Most of my work was done in the field so when we got together at our monthly sales meetings, sharing stories and advice was welcomed. The hardest part of my job was the traffic.It's like the heat in LasVegas, you never get use to it. The most enjoyable part of my job would be designing a lovely functional closet with all the bells and whistles (And making my clients happy of course).
Pros
Gas Card Bonus
Cons
Traffic
productive workplace
Helper/Installer (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAJuly 8, 2013
my typical day included, loading and unloading company vehicle. installing closets, offices, cabinets. driving all over southern california.

i learned how to cooperate with others in order to complete the assigned task within the allowed amount of time to keep on schedule.

my bosses enjoyed my work ethic and often told me on multiple occasions that i did better work than the guys who had been there 10-15yrs prior to my hire.

the hardest part of the job i would have to say was the occasional rude customer that would scream and yell because they didnt like the product they purchased.

the best part of that job was working with my hands.
Pros
driving all day
Cons
stuck in traffic all day
Commission only and One of the worst jobs you'll ever have
"Designer" (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CaMay 3, 2013
I cannot believe I fell for this opportunity. The red flags were all over the place, but I and many others have fallen for the "Designer" position. The customer service representatives who are supposed to be there to help you have had a history of being rude and nasty. But after many complaints they seem to have gotten it together a bit.

Dont get me started on management, there is a poison in that company thats hard to describe, but anyone who has encountered this place will understand what I mean. They pretend to be nice to you and then you realize sooner than later that it was all a front because there is no respect for designers even though we are the reason why any of them get a check. Meanwhile, we have to spend all of our own personal money on gas only to end up with a very low commision. Its very hard to make it unless you have a nice savings account in the first place.

After all was said and done, one of the managers told me you need to have a nice amount in your savings account to do this job. My question to him was, how was I supposed to know that. No one ever mentions that at all during the entire time and by the time you get wise to whats happening you've spent all of your own money and are left to go find a "real" job. I worked my tail off on one closet in particular spending hours designing and re-designing, etc... only to find my commission was going to be a measely $50. And on top of that said client cancelled and no one even told me. I was expecting to get paid on it. I was making more on unemployment.

I would still highly reccommend this place however,
  more... but only to my worst enemy or an ex boyfriend.  less
Pros
They feed you during training
Cons
Working for the company
Enthusiastic Management is contagious
Sales/Executive Senior Designer (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAMay 15, 2012
While I was there I learned that I could sale! Not a lot of contact with other sales staff because everyone is out in the field with customers. My sales manager was extremely helpful and a very fair person. The hardest part of the job was keeping a strong sales quota. The most enjoyable part of the job were the clients.
Flexible hours/good money
Senior Designer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles CaJune 22, 2012
I love meeting new people everyday and helping them get organized. Best part? No cold calling. (that wore me out in my last sales job.) A lot to learn at first but then it gets easy. Trust me--there is a reason I've been here a little over 8 years. Very good pay for the time I put in.
Pros
flexible hours. my manager lets me vent ( most of the time)
Cons
too much paperwork.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Closet World. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9