Closet World Employee Reviews

Highly structure hierarchy organization
Sales and Project Coordination (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CASeptember 22, 2017
They have an excellent product, excellent training of the product and a good onboarding procedure. The sales aspect is highly controlled, and follows a specific pattern but it is not taught during training, other than a procedure to get the sales manager on the phone for negotiations. Sometime negotiations can last a 4 hour period, and the atmosphere can become tense when dragging negotiations on this long.

Closet World and California Closets are subsidiaries of the same umbrella organization, and procedures are the same. In fact, the organization makes two appointments for each call...one appointment for a rep from Closet World and one from California Closets. That situation leaves the employee concerned about the sincerity of management toward the employees/sales rep.
Pros
Learn some interior design
Cons
Competition to each sales activitiy comes from the organization.
Ok place to work
Lead Installer (Former Employee) –  Vista, CASeptember 20, 2017
Load your truck at the shop then drive to the job and unload the truck. Do the install and then drive to the next job.
Learned how use a table saw, mitter saw, drill, and other tools.
lots of turn around in designers, unhappy.
Senior Designer (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CASeptember 19, 2017
long drives and no shows from clients. I drove enough to learn the 35 mile radius from home. My manager was great. Few co-workers truly happy. Driving for an hour to unconfirmed apts.I met some great designers friends and clients.
Pros
Free pizza at meetings.
Cons
Wasted time driving and gas to see no one.
I liked the job. I enjoyed the flexible work hours.
Senior Designer (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 30, 2017
Excellent training of company profile and how to be successful. Flexible work hours and sales commissions. Enjoyed the process of meeting with clients and explaining them what I could do for them. Had a definite eye for design and how to create a solution for their problem.
Pros
Flexible hours and ability to learn on the job
Cons
Driving to meetings and uncomfortable areas to go too.
they took poor care of their sales team
Designer/Sales (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 21, 2017
It was a very high pressure sales gig. I spent hours driving to peoples homes, and hours sketching out designs by hand because they do not have auto-cad for their design/sales people.
Pros
i enjoyed the design end of the job
Cons
I went broke working for this company
If you are creative this is the company to work for .
Senior Designer (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJune 26, 2017
I was an independant sales contractor, working for commission only.
Didnt know where my appointment for the next working day it 6Pm the night before, that made it slightly restrictive .
Pros
Time freedom
Cons
No salary
Hands on on the road
Installer (Former Employee) –  City Industry, CAJune 22, 2017
Learned to assemble walk in closets while customers were very nice they would tip or buy you food at times, no one watching over your back your work speaks for itself
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Low Pay
Installer (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAMay 29, 2017
long hours and low pay. schedules are long and can be working well into the night. lots of travel time in a company vehicle. Must provide your own tools
bad leads demanding supervisors
Designer of offices (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 14, 2017
poor place to work, no positive compensation. Too confusion scheduling department. Daily shifts and changes poor installation
Great
DESIGNER (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJanuary 7, 2017
Great to work from home.Excellent sales training.Management makes us as good as we can be.Love going tonew location everyday
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Really enjoyed this job. I liked solving peoples organizational issues with them.
In-home Organizational Design and Sales (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CASeptember 11, 2016
Really enjoyed working for this company. I loved meeting the new clients and working with them to find solutions to their organizational challenges. A big plus was when I moved from Orange County to Temecula, I got to see a lot of places I would never have found, due to the appointments I was sent on.
The hardest part of the job was hearing from clients in the Temecula area about installation issues. I only had a couple in Orange County, but in the Temecula area - it was almost every client. Sad.
Pros
Meeting great people
Cons
Difficult to plan anything due to very flexible schedule.
unorganized
shipping and recieiving (Former Employee) –  California City, CAAugust 16, 2016
a lot of meth heads, really dirty, not up to standards with work equipment, never gives overtime, makes you do more then what your paid for.
Cons
no overtime
Adequate Work Place
Customer Service/Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJune 20, 2016
An okay work place. Adequate pay. Enviorment with managers was okay. Wouldn't recommend people to work there. Didn't give enough over time.
my supervisor was great
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAMarch 30, 2016
While I was there I learned how to sale! The experience was fun and informative and my supervisor was great, very helpful whenever i needed. the though part was of my job was reaching the sales quota.
Pros
fun and informative
Cons
sales quota
were wonderful
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Agoura Hills, CAFebruary 8, 2016
Each of the employees i worked with were wonderful!
They have a great team and they really care about their clients. Ive leaned a lot from them and i can say it was a great experience working there
Pros
They have a great team
Cons
nothing
great team , fun and good working experience
sales marketing (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJanuary 12, 2016
Great management, nice co-workers; well overall a great team! The products are sturdy, and they top class customer service.
Pros
great team
Cons
somtimes you have to work a lot
Productive/busy call center
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  3860 Capital Avenue, Whittier CA 90601October 30, 2015
Very busy call center, Log in every call, Busy with customers, New Customer and Customers that have been with Closet World for many years. Team player, great supervisor, work with Managers and designers in a daily basis. Once you know the procedures its not hard at all. What I like about Closet World is being able to help customers with their issues, making sure when they hang the phone up their satisfy.
Pros
Working with a great team
Cons
i can't find any cons about this place
Alot of customer service
Closet and garage cabinet installation. (Former Employee) –  Vista, CaliforniaDecember 22, 2014
I found this position as the first opportunity of customer service and being a part of customer service. A typical day at work would be being at work at 6:30 am and working until whatever time we can get the job done of building a closet or garage as per how the selling agent could build a closet or garage to specifications and measurements. There was not much of co-workers because every builder was assigned a job as an individual and I did see builders help each other at job sites, but every builder was assigned a helper and we accomplished the job as a team with direction from the builder . Most enjoyable part of this job was the paycheck because it was the first paycheck that I could base off of the work and amount of time that I put in. Here in this job I realized that team work was the key to a successful company.
Pros
benefits and hours put into work.
Cons
long hours and dedication.
Nice family business
Accounts Payable & Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 25, 2014
I learned to many ideas and worked hard with this company. The management was very poor. The best part was I met a lot of good quality customers and I worked myself up.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Very limited benefits
It's a Job
Sales Designer (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAJune 7, 2014
Awful, worked there for a couple months and was very hopeful at the beginning, I should have seen all the red flags aka high turnover.
The managers are very rude which I was willing to deal with but they take no responsibility for their mistakes and try to pin the fault on you, still I was willing to remain hopeful until I saw my low commission checks. They give their favorite designers good discounts for their clients and if your not a favorite you only get 18% discount for your client which means less closed sales. I was sent to bad leads exmp. Apoxy flooring (when we don't offer apoxy flooring) or clients who were cold called and pressured to take the appointment. Endless amount of lies and unprofessionalism, the experience left me truly sad and disappointed. Please look elsewhere for an opportunity unless you are desperate or need sales training for free.
Pros
Good Sales Training, Clients where nice people
Cons
Unhelpful Difficult Sales Managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Closet World. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9