Clovis Community College Employee Reviews

Fun Workplace
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Clovis NMJune 30, 2015
Pros: The coworkers and supervisor are great people.
Cons: none
All my co-workers were easy to get along and amazing to work with. Supervisors are the nicest and understanding persons. I enjoyed helping students with computer problems. I also enjoyed helping the ESL and GED students.
Clovis Community College is a positive and productive environment to work in
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Clovis, CAJune 2, 2015
Pros: the students and work environment
Cons: none
Teaching is extremely gratifying for me. I love helping students to understand material and engaging them in discussions. Clovis Community College is very supportive and encouraging in assisting me to be and do my best.
Great leadership and awesome colleagues
Career Dvlpmnt Spclst/Educational Svcs Coordinator (Former Employee), Clovis, NMMay 13, 2015
Pros: camaraderie
Cons: pay
Enjoyed my time at CCC. Most of the people there were collaborative, helpful, and pleasant to work with. The pay was nothing to brag about, but, that's Education for ya...
This is a very good place to gain experience in a wide variety of different types and niches of work.
Student Assistant (Current Employee), Clovis, NMMarch 22, 2015
As a student assistant, I was able to complete my homework for my college courses during downtime and/or after completing essential job tasks. I learned a lot about the GED and ESL program implemented at Clovis Community College under the ABE program at the Center for Student Success. I worked with both professional and student co-workers who diversified and enabled me to deal with both school and work related obstacles that I would encounter. I worked under the management of the Director of the Center for Student Success which is composed of the ABE department, open computer lab, the tutoring center, and the testing center. Then my direct supervisor was the ABE coordinator which whom I was reluctant to work for as she was a very knowledgeable and patient individual who instilled plenty of skills and work related ethical practices. The most difficult part of the position was the continuation of policy and new hired employee changes. My favorite part of the position was how much I was able to learn about the ABE program, while gaining unique work experience and skills that will forever asset me within the workforce.
bad pay
Maintenance (Former Employee), Clovis, NMJuly 27, 2014
Pros: good vacation days.
Cons: low wage. aggressive long term staff.
High benifit deductions kill an already low pay. good for students though.
Productive workplace
Office Clerk (Former Employee), Clovis, NMJune 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks, long hours
Loved helping my local community college students fill out their fasa papers hardest part of my job was learning to review tax returns
Great job for students
Receptionist (Former Employee), Clovis, NMMay 26, 2014
Excellent place to work as a student!! Fellow employees very easy to get along with.
great place to work and attend school
Information Clerk (Former Employee), clovis NMMay 5, 2014
the staff is friendly and interested in seeing the students succeed!
Productive work environment.
Student Work Study (Former Employee), Clovis, NMMarch 7, 2014
Some weeks every day was different, other weeks every day seemed to be the same. It depends on what time of the semester it is and what kind of work needs to get done. Sometimes the office was very busy and kept me on my feet, and other times, especially at the end of a semester, things slowed down.
The job is enjoyable as long as you put and effort into getting along with your coworkers. Also if a full-time student, it helps that work is in the same place.
An efficient workplace with loving and caring people
Work Study Student (Former Employee), Clovis, NMJune 22, 2013
Pros: getting off of work and being able to walk straight to classes.
Cons: only allowed to work 20 hours a week for minimum wage.
I loved working in the advising office of CCC. A typical day at work contained answering phones, addressing the students who walked up to my desk, and keeping the office running smoothly. I learned a lot about how an office runs and how every part must be well oiled and cooperative for the office to run functionally. My co-workers were amazing and taught me very much.
productive
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee), Clovis, NMMay 30, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: only ccc students are allowed to work there.
management was great, co-workers very friendly, enjoyed meeting and helping so many students. hardest part of the job was not being able to work unless attending that college.
Rewarding fast paced student environment
Admission Specialist (Former Employee), Clovis, NMOctober 22, 2012
Pros: assisting students
Cons: filing
The Admissions and Records department is continually busy. During registration time it is processing student applications for admissions, evaluating transcripts, and making sure their files are complete to start school. Records entered all grades from instructors and prepared student grade reports and graduate lists. Great to work with veterans and get them their well deserved benefits.
Great college job
Workstudy (Former Employee), Clovis, NMSeptember 21, 2012
Day-to-day:
- Answering phones
- Making copies
- Typing
- Cleaning
- Collecting and distributing mail

Pros:
- Easy job
- Enhanced my typing and computer skills
- Had time to do school work

Cons:
-No job advancements available

Managment & Co-workers:
- Manager very understanding and easy to work with
- Easy going job
Poor government pay.
Work Study (Former Employee), Clovis, NMSeptember 17, 2012
My supervisor was wonderful, but a lot of her higher ups were rude and cold. The pay was terrible so were the hours.