Clovis Community College Employee Reviews

Diverse Environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clovis, NMJuly 19, 2017
Work in a diverse culture and direct students on their educational journey. The work flow is steady except in the summer months when traffic has slowed. Great people and great inspiration all around. It's a friendly environment.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Low salary
Great work environment
Admissionn and Records Student Aide (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAJune 24, 2017
I love this job and the staff was awesome. Typical work day is helping student with their college journey. Answering question and helping them set up their students emails and accounts.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
no full-time
Fun place, wished pay was better
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMApril 2, 2017
Fun place to work, wished the pay was more, grossly underpaid employees. There is room for some limited advancement but one has to stay there forever to advance.
Overall, a good place to work. Adjunct professors have to give a lot of themselves to the job and to the students to do a good job but that's ok.
Adjunct Professor of Biology (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAMarch 23, 2017
A great community college in which to work. Unofficial mentors are available for new staff. The physical plant is pleasant as are the supporting staff. I find that one needs to be willing to reach out for help when needed; very little training is given; although certain areas such as the switch from Blackboard to Canvas software for grades, attendance, etc. was well done. Adjuncts do not receive comparable per contact hour compensation compared to full-time teaching staff; however, that is known when one goes into this teaching situation. There is a lot of outside work that has to be done on your own time but that depends on your commitment and how you process the position. Overall, I highly recommend Clovis Community College.
Great experinece
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clovis, CAJanuary 7, 2017
It would be a great experience to be able to work at the college while you are students at the same time. Laboratory technicians are so friendly and they help students to learn and having the best experience at the laboratory (for laboratory volunteer work position).
It was a fantastic working place
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clovis, NMOctober 12, 2016
Working at Clovis Community College I learned so many new things and I absolutely enjoyed working there. I made new friends and new colleagues while I worked there. I learned how to operate professionally within a team environment. I also learned how to communicate more efficiently and professional.
Ccc
Supervisor, Rex (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NM 88101July 6, 2016
The college is a great place to work while attending college. It a great environment to learn new things. flexible management.
warm and friendly environment
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Clovis, NMApril 15, 2016
a typical day would be guiding people to their desired location. answering questions about the campus and giving them a friendly and warm feel from Clovis College
It's a wonderful place to work.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 14, 2015
Clovis Community College has a great atmosphere wonderful facility and staff. The students are great and the campus is pleasant and very clean. It is a wonderful place to work.
Pros
Great work environment.
good
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMAugust 16, 2015
i am a very hard and depenable person and i give my all everday i show up for work. i have learn that team work and lots of hard work pay off.
Fun Workplace
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clovis NMJune 30, 2015
All my co-workers were easy to get along and amazing to work with. Supervisors are the nicest and understanding persons. I enjoyed helping students with computer problems. I also enjoyed helping the ESL and GED students.
Pros
The coworkers and supervisor are great people.
Cons
Clovis Community College is a positive and productive environment to work in
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Clovis, CAJune 2, 2015
Teaching is extremely gratifying for me. I love helping students to understand material and engaging them in discussions. Clovis Community College is very supportive and encouraging in assisting me to be and do my best.
Pros
the students and work environment
Cons
Great leadership and awesome colleagues
Career Dvlpmnt Spclst/Educational Svcs Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMMay 13, 2015
Enjoyed my time at CCC. Most of the people there were collaborative, helpful, and pleasant to work with. The pay was nothing to brag about, but, that's Education for ya...
Pros
camaraderie
Cons
pay
This is a very good place to gain experience in a wide variety of different types and niches of work.
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clovis, NMMarch 22, 2015
As a student assistant, I was able to complete my homework for my college courses during downtime and/or after completing essential job tasks. I learned a lot about the GED and ESL program implemented at Clovis Community College under the ABE program at the Center for Student Success. I worked with both professional and student co-workers who diversified and enabled me to deal with both school and work related obstacles that I would encounter. I worked under the management of the Director of the Center for Student Success which is composed of the ABE department, open computer lab, the tutoring center, and the testing center. Then my direct supervisor was the ABE coordinator which whom I was reluctant to work for as she was a very knowledgeable and patient individual who instilled plenty of skills and work related ethical practices. The most difficult part of the position was the continuation of policy and new hired employee changes. My favorite part of the position was how much I was able to learn about the ABE program, while gaining unique work experience and skills that will forever asset me within the workforce.
bad pay
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMJuly 27, 2014
High benifit deductions kill an already low pay. good for students though.
Pros
good vacation days.
Cons
low wage. aggressive long term staff.
Productive workplace
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMJune 4, 2014
Loved helping my local community college students fill out their fasa papers hardest part of my job was learning to review tax returns
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks, long hours
Great job for students
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMMay 26, 2014
Excellent place to work as a student!! Fellow employees very easy to get along with.
great place to work and attend school
Information Clerk (Former Employee) –  clovis NMMay 5, 2014
the staff is friendly and interested in seeing the students succeed!
Productive work environment.
Student Work Study (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMMarch 7, 2014
Some weeks every day was different, other weeks every day seemed to be the same. It depends on what time of the semester it is and what kind of work needs to get done. Sometimes the office was very busy and kept me on my feet, and other times, especially at the end of a semester, things slowed down.
The job is enjoyable as long as you put and effort into getting along with your coworkers. Also if a full-time student, it helps that work is in the same place.
An efficient workplace with loving and caring people
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMJune 22, 2013
I loved working in the advising office of CCC. A typical day at work contained answering phones, addressing the students who walked up to my desk, and keeping the office running smoothly. I learned a lot about how an office runs and how every part must be well oiled and cooperative for the office to run functionally. My co-workers were amazing and taught me very much.
Pros
Getting off of work and being able to walk straight to classes.
Cons
Only allowed to work 20 hours a week for minimum wage.