Clovis Municipal Schools Employee Reviews

Busy!
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMDecember 19, 2017
There was always something to do working for the schools. I learned how to work in a school environment. the hardest part of the job was the pay. I was always appreciated by staff members.
Good opportunity
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMDecember 6, 2017
Enjoyed working in the school system. Had the opportunity to help children improve their performance within an educational setting. Built life long relationships with students, families and staff.
Pros
great reward working with kids
No Possible Way to Balance
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMSeptember 18, 2017
Teachers are unable to do what they are hired to do. The district is strongly political driven and demands more of teachers to complete work for them instead of students. I was disappointed.
Benefits
Cons
All political
Alright, great kids, little support from CO
Physical Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMAugust 24, 2017
The student at CMS are great, there are the challenging ones, but they are ready to learn. However, the pay and upper management (at the Central Office level) is terrible.
Great community place to work
Special Education Data Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Clovis, NMJune 27, 2017
I have really enjoyed working with the company, I was given an opportunity to move up which does not happen very often. There is great moral in the workplace, which makes it easy to come to work and be successful at my job. Both of my directors are great to work for with a wonderful attitude and always has an open door policy. The hardest part of my job is dealing with my deadlines as I am at the beck an call of other staff members to give me the information I need to complete my job an be able to submit accuracte data.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Health care and pay raises
Love my teaching job and the people I work with.
2nd Grade Teacher (Current Employee) –  Clovis, NMJune 5, 2017
The Clovis Schools are a great place to work. I love my school and all the teachers I work with. We have had several changes in Principals but our staff stays together as a team.
Pros
Love the students and teaching.
Cons
pay/parental support
community outreach and kid frindley
Night Janitor (Current Employee) –  Clovis, NMMay 12, 2017
I was the lead night janitor that would get the school ready for the students in the morning. I would clean the class rooms, bathrooms, hall ways, and the gym. I was available to work the events that took place in the gym and the track field. I would take care for the school grounds as mowing and weed control.
Pros
beging self movited and worked indepently, off when school was out for holidays and vacation.
Cons
pay rate
Fulfilling
Educator/Coach (Current Employee) –  Clovis, NMMarch 30, 2017
Great place to help the future generations. Education is a difficult profession and I commend anyone going this route. However, my Bachelors degree isn't good enough and I need a Masters degree just to make $50,000 per year.
Great school district
Director, Concert Band (Current Employee) –  Clovis, NMMarch 29, 2017
Good school district to work for in many areas. The school district is a great size for the community and is one of the best employers in this area.
Teaching is always hard!
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMFebruary 26, 2017
I guess I didn't think that much about the environment because I was doing exactly what I was called to do! I was there for the kids and though much of them were ruff and tattered it was still my calling. The admin is always going to be over powering. They are following the states direction who follows the national standards and then get off on their own little tangents.
Overall, if you love to teach, this is a good environment.
Pros
Until the end I was allowed to teach.
Cons
The state/federal government got in the way of me doing my job well!

Want to know more about Clovis Municipal Schools?

Ask a question
productive days,it can be stressful when there is no structure
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clovis, NMDecember 19, 2016
I am Fond of my Co- Workers I am there to learn and sink in all the great advice and training that i am able to obtain.This is great experience for my career, and i hope to be given more opportunities such as these to work with great students. Its a constant day of repeating your self. being in the special education department, there is no question that there must be consistency and structure which is just a part f great classroom management .My great part of the day is when i get those thank you looks from my Kids, they are so bright that i feel so proud when they realize they can be just like the other children and actually attend different classes and make friends with kids out dies of our classroom.
Pros
being a part of their life
Cons
30 minute lunches
It was a ok place to work
Custodian II (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMOctober 31, 2016
I liked the people I worked with it was like family. And to be apart of something that making a difference for kids and seein the change in student was nice
Pros
No ones over over your back
Cons
Alot of employees never came to work its to much on one person
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMJuly 14, 2016
You learn to drive a fork lift, unload trucks and receive in packages into Skyward. The management was awesome to work for. Co-workers were easy to get along with.
Counseling
School Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Clovis, NMJuly 9, 2016
I counseled Special Education and General Education students. I worked 8 hours per day. I was able to learn many ways to help kids learn coping skills and assist them in socializing appropriately with others.
Pros
Good team of Mental Health Colleagues
Cons
Lack of support
organized elementary school
Educational Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMMarch 2, 2016
Organized day, good teachers, needs continued behavior management and to work toward more parental involvement. Great principal!
Great place to work for family people
Assistant Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMSeptember 16, 2015
Loved working with the people I worked with in finance department. Great place all around to work at. District truly cares about the community and the students. Its like working for a family when you are in need they are all there for you.
Clovis Schools
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Clovis, NMMay 15, 2015
The days can be long but the job has good bennifits and job security. The summer hours are hard we work 10 hr shifts to clean the building for the coming year. the job is a very physical one and you will work.
Pros
medical insurance
Cons
summer work and hours
Long hours, little pay, uptight atmoshere.
Attendance Secratary (Current Employee) –  Clovis SchoolsMarch 16, 2015
I never know what is going to happen at work, a typical day cannot be predicted. There are so many scenarios I have been told that it will take over a year for me to become even a little comfortable with the secretarial job.
I have learned to multitask, use the attendance program to monitor excused/unexcused absences of students, and how to register students from within or out of district.
Micromanagement is the best way to describe this particular individuals management style. You are expected to respond to situations the way they would....which is impossible, because no two people think alike.
Working with another individual who is equally as picky as the 'boss" is frustrating...I only have one other coworker that I must deal with, but I feel there is a "pecking order" I feel that what ever management does to her, she does to me.
The hardest part of the job is the emotional stress you feel when you are made to think you are not doing your job well enough, even though it is supposed to take a year to learn everything.
The most enjoyable part of the job are some of the other co-workers who are supportive and caring.
Pros
An hour for lunch.....if you get to take it.
Cons
A substancial amount of work for basically minimum wage.
A great Friendly environment.
Help Desk and Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Clovis, NMJanuary 8, 2015
Being a Technology Specialist at Clovis Schools is a pretty nice job. You work pretty much the hours the students are in school and the people are really friendly, almost like a family environment. The day to day consists of answering phones and troubleshooting school staffs' technological issues.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
School district so low pay
Typical Day
SPED Educational Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMMarch 10, 2014
One on one interacting in small group. using PECS system and teaching strageties GOLD