Clovis Municipal Schools Employee Reviews

productive days,it can be stressful when there is no structure
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clovis, NMDecember 19, 2016
I am Fond of my Co- Workers I am there to learn and sink in all the great advice and training that i am able to obtain.This is great experience for my career, and i hope to be given more opportunities such as these to work with great students. Its a constant day of repeating your self. being in the special education department, there is no question that there must be consistency and structure which is just a part f great classroom management .My great part of the day is when i get those thank you looks from my Kids, they are so bright that i feel so proud when they realize they can be just like the other children and actually attend different classes and make friends with kids out dies of our classroom.
Pros
being a part of their life
Cons
30 minute lunches
It was a ok place to work
Custodian II (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMOctober 31, 2016
I liked the people I worked with it was like family. And to be apart of something that making a difference for kids and seein the change in student was nice
Pros
No ones over over your back
Cons
Alot of employees never came to work its to much on one person
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMJuly 14, 2016
You learn to drive a fork lift, unload trucks and receive in packages into Skyward. The management was awesome to work for. Co-workers were easy to get along with.
organized elementary school
Educational Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMMarch 2, 2016
Organized day, good teachers, needs continued behavior management and to work toward more parental involvement. Great principal!
Great place to work for family people
Assistant Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMSeptember 16, 2015
Loved working with the people I worked with in finance department. Great place all around to work at. District truly cares about the community and the students. Its like working for a family when you are in need they are all there for you.
Secretary/Attendance (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMSeptember 1, 2012
Loved working with the staff and the students. I had a really good time meeting new people and people of the community. Typical day of work was answering phones and checking students in and out of school. Very busy! I learned good customer skills and a lot about young adults and parents. Management was very good but the only bad things was nothing ever stayed the same but overall they are good. Had really good co-workers, fun to be around. The hardest part of the job was when it got really busy and you had phone calls, people at the window, and students in the office, I learned how to multitask very quickly. the most joyable part of the job was all the time off I got to spend with my child.
Pros
time off
Cons
pay
I enjoyed my job and my hours
Educational Assistant/ behavioral assistant (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMJanuary 24, 2013
My job wasnt easy all the time but I enjoyed helping out my students and watching their progress get better. My coworkers were all very friendly as well. My boss would work with me when needed. The hardest part of the job was lifting and changing, the easiest was seeing the smiles on my students faces with every and anything I helped them occomplish.
Pros
helping kids reach their educational goals and being able to focus better in class.
Cons
short lunch and changing diapers
A great Friendly environment.
Help Desk and Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Clovis, NMJanuary 8, 2015
Being a Technology Specialist at Clovis Schools is a pretty nice job. You work pretty much the hours the students are in school and the people are really friendly, almost like a family environment. The day to day consists of answering phones and troubleshooting school staffs' technological issues.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
School district so low pay
Ability to expand my knowledge with Apple computers and the technology world
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clovis, NMJuly 25, 2012
Non stress position, handle all concerns with Technology for the District, learned alot of information about the Technology world. Co-workers are supportive and Great to work with.
Pros
retirement and medical benefits
Clovis Schools
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Clovis, NMMay 15, 2015
The days can be long but the job has good bennifits and job security. The summer hours are hard we work 10 hr shifts to clean the building for the coming year. the job is a very physical one and you will work.
Pros
medical insurance
Cons
summer work and hours
Typical Day
SPED Educational Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMMarch 10, 2014
One on one interacting in small group. using PECS system and teaching strageties GOLD
Long hours, little pay, uptight atmoshere.
Attendance Secratary (Current Employee) –  Clovis SchoolsMarch 16, 2015
I never know what is going to happen at work, a typical day cannot be predicted. There are so many scenarios I have been told that it will take over a year for me to become even a little comfortable with the secretarial job.
I have learned to multitask, use the attendance program to monitor excused/unexcused absences of students, and how to register students from within or out of district.
Micromanagement is the best way to describe this particular individuals management style. You are expected to respond to situations the way they would....which is impossible, because no two people think alike.
Working with another individual who is equally as picky as the 'boss" is frustrating...I only have one other coworker that I must deal with, but I feel there is a "pecking order" I feel that what ever management does to her, she does to me.
The hardest part of the job is the emotional stress you feel when you are made to think you are not doing your job well enough, even though it is supposed to take a year to learn everything.
The most enjoyable part of the job are some of the other co-workers who are supportive and caring.
Pros
An hour for lunch.....if you get to take it.
Cons
A substancial amount of work for basically minimum wage.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clovis Municipal Schools. Our community is ready to answer.

Clovis Municipal Schools Reviews by Location