CLP Resources Employee Reviews in United States

a reliesble workplace and garantee employment
Insulator (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 30, 2015
Clp is a contactor business. They find you employment. It gives you excellent pay and benefits and they always have job available. I would recommend this business to any and everyone.
Pros
excellent pay
Cons
short contracts
Great placerade to learn a trade and grow.
general assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 9, 2016
A typical day at work consist of great team work because everyday we had a different to approach.

working here ive learned about safety,team work, and talking to other tradesman i try to understand a little about every trade

Mangement is great very helpful and understanding

The hardest part of the job would be when you dont have the right tool for the job but you work with what you have.

The most enjoyable part of the day would have to be when we all come together to figure out how to complete the job safely, correctly, and on time..
Pros
sometimes lunch would be on the boss
Cons
sometimes there woudnt be anywhere to buy lunch or warm up food
a typical day at work
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 11, 2015
not a great company to work for. no feedback on how your doing out in the field, nearly next to nothing in benefits, covers only employee.
Pros
great pay
Cons
long work week 6 on 1 off
Great Company to Work With
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 3, 2015
I enjoyed working with clp. They gave me a great assigment and paid me a decent wage. They also had great benefits and seemed to really care about there employees
Pros
great company
Cons
great company
Slow moving start up, that lacks the resources to grow properly.
Trade Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Oak Park, ILJuly 18, 2016
The CLP Resources Inc., environment is one of a growing company bogged down by corporate red tape and a lack of plausible resources and market foot print. In a city dominated by the Unions, merit based staffing shops like CLP struggle to find footing and reliable workers in a sea of talent already committed to other opportunities and better projects.

Without proper resources, solid structure and a true foot print in the market, the opportunities at CLP Resources are limited.
Pros
Good Benefits, reimbursement percentage
Cons
lack of resources/funding. No management structure.
work hard
Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 23, 2016

Mangement is great very helpful and understanding

Awesome people to work with and for.
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 26, 2016
They allow you utilize your skills as well as to learn something new. Encouraging you move forward and be better. CLP Resources assign you to company that best fit your skills. Most of their clients have a variety of needs, and if you are open minded you are able to learn just a few more skills to add to your skill list. CLP will supply all the safety gear you may need.

Once your job assignment is complete they are ready to place you somewhere your skills are needed.
Pros
They really look after their employees.
Cons
You got to show up for the job assignment Or you give yourself a bad rep.
Great company with opportunity. Very intuitive and transitional.
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 25, 2016
TrueBlue was and is a great company to be a part of. They've provided me with opportunity and trust to get the job done along with advancement within the company. As the situation is within many large organizations, operational and management standards can fluctuate from region to region which can cause some conflict and disrupt progressive change. I grew from being a regional recruiter to a business manager with complete understanding of their full business cycles including sales, recruitment, operations, payroll, benefits, and management.
Physical and Strenuous depending on the type of job.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZ 85283April 27, 2016
A typical day at work was very physical and strenuous,installing solar panels made of glass daily was very difficult due to the heat and being a Forklift Operator was not any better.I got my Forklift Certification while on the job.Management was somewhat decent.I would say the hardest part of the job was working on a 100+ temperature everyday throughout the summertime.The most enjoyable part of the job was truly the comradery amongst the workers.
Pros
Per Diem
Cons
The Commute
Great company to work for
Construction Laborer (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDSeptember 11, 2015
This company is a very large company that are located all over the US this company is a great company to work for, not only great benefits but great people also, and I would recommend anyone to work there
Pros
free lubches
Cons
short breaks
worked outside installing solar panels
forman (Former Employee) –  darhamMay 31, 2016
it was a great place to work
got to travel around a little
learned a lot about how to keep a team working productive
the hardest part of the job was keeping the attitudes in order
in a topical work day we would build the frame in which the solar panels would mount to
once the project of frame work was done we would then build the solar panels to
Pros
worked outside with lots of space
Cons
no work
good place to work
Electrician Apprentice/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 5, 2016
Working at CLP which is temporary placement agency for construction work. It is a good company to work for. A typical day is going to what ever site that needs help that day for electricial work anywhere in Colorado. My co-workers are good people and who work hard and have a great team player ethic.
Pros
pay is compettive
Cons
not knowing if will have work the next day
A great example of a company that doesn't know who it is or where its going
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COJune 15, 2016
Another great example of a company run by self serving, half wits. They change who they are and what their main product is every six months. If you last long enough, you will see this happen. Pay is above average for the industry. Turnover is very high.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Turnover, self serving management
Temporary Construction Labor.
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COAugust 15, 2016
A good stop-gap employer to jump to the next good job you might land. Employers use this service to fill in labor needs. Diverse skill sets will be encountered at the job site
Pros
Direct Deposit Weekly Pay
Cons
Not to in depth interview for people they put out in to the field - order fillers
Very organize company
Electrician Helper (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 31, 2016
Measuring wire to be installed, laying wire in the underground to be be connected to combiner box, inspecting wires to be installed, connecting wires, staging wires and inventory of wires, cutting wires, connecting clips and zip ties for wires.
Pros
PLENTY OF HOURS OF WORK WEEKLY
Cons
SHORT BREAKS
Being productive and getting along with everyone at the job.
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  waldorf marylandJuly 21, 2015
I like to get up and love to go to work. I work as safley as I can and get along with my co-workers. I want something stable and opportunity to grow in the company. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know what your doing and stability.
Pros
matching your 401k
Cons
short lunch breaks
Great working environment
Labor Worker (Former Employee) –  Ocotillo, CAJune 28, 2016
Great company to work for, upper management would always buy the employees food at lunch break. I learned many basic life fundamentals that made my life easy in and out of the workplace.
I was a labor worker and the hardest part of the job was working in triple digit weather conditions.
Ridiculous
Electrical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM 87107June 30, 2016
This organization doesn't contact me for over a year and then all of the sudden they call me with a one day job handling fiberglass insulation. I would not recommend them to anyone seeking legitimate employment.
Pros
Cons
Hard work, underpayment, when the job is done you won't get another
Great company to work under. They look out for their employees
QC/QA Inspector/Journeyman Electrician/Installer (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, GAAugust 4, 2016
This is a great company to work for. They believe in saftey and making sure you get home safe to your family. I learned alot and moved up alot and satisfied with the out come.
Pros
Take care of you
Cons
enjoyable work every day is diferent
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CADecember 28, 2015
a typical day at work receive job assignment , gather tools needed to complete job in safe manor.
Learning new skills on the job is always a plus, one of the things I have learned , is always ask questions. this is a key to learning, and able to preform tasks assigned.
I have never had any issues with Management or co-workers,
we all have looked out for each other, and have worked as a team.
Enjoyable part of job, well were sent out on many different assignments , meeting new people , working outside , that every day brings something new.