CLP Resources

CLP Resources Employee Reviews

At random construction sites.
Construction Laborer/Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee), Bay AreaJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: learning
Cons: some jobs aren't year round. pay.
A typical day of work starts off with meeting with the supervisor for instructions for the day. Pretty much constantly working until your lunch. Then it's back to work for another 4-6 hours, sometimes more. I have learned what it is like to work HARD for an honest dollar, in addition to gaining new skills. Co-workers were here one day, gone the next so I kept to myself. The part I enjoyed most was learning how to build from scratch.
Favorable Management, Unfavorable Day-to-day
Laborer/Carpenter (Former Employee), Worcester, MADecember 22, 2014
Pros: decent job security if you work hard
Cons: lacking direction.
Management very understanding and treats workers fairly.
However on site the staff tends to not care about employee well being.
productive
system analyst (Current Employee), raleighDecember 16, 2014
easy and freely worked in the environment with lots of help from team members. technically improved myself and also in business in
commercial lending system .
working environment is very good and got plenty time to finish my tasks in time.
all the deliveries are planned and executed as per process and standards.
Great company to work with, very competent management.
Carpenter - Tradesman (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMDecember 10, 2014
Pros: employees are well equipped with everything needed to ensure a positive work experience.
Cons: none that i can think of.
Organized and well staffed. Highly competitive when it came down to ensuring the highest wages and good working conditions. I enjoyed my time working with CLP, and regarded their employee incentive program as one of the finest in the industry.
Nice and helpfule people
temp (Current Employee), Tempe, AZDecember 8, 2014
Pros: we actually get vacation time and health insurance!!!
Cons: not very stable
A typical day for clp is you get assigned a job and you email your ticket in later that week. Nothing overall exciting but its not a bad place. I only wish that you could have job security with clp. Sometimes you work two weeks straight and then the next thing you know your waiting another week for work, not very comforting.
positive environment for human development
Labor Worker (Current Employee), Gresham, ORNovember 24, 2014
integrity paying attention being dedicated and a team player focusing on the task at hand
Always there when you need them
Journeyman Electrician, Solar (Former Employee), Marlboro, MANovember 22, 2014
Pros: good treatment, they stand behind you, free ppe, consistant work
Cons: no paid holidays, no paid time off until 1400 hours are worked then only 1 day every 400 hours
I use CLP as a transition filler for work in between permanent positions while I have been searching for the right position. You can get work right away once you are registered with the company and there is usually consistent work year round. Your hourly rate varies from job to job which is a little weird but I work with it and go after the the highest paying jobs as long as they are within my driving distance. the only thing i dislike is they don't pay you for any holidays so when the jobsite shuts down for thanksgiving or christmas that means you lose a days worth of pay. You have to work 1400 hours with CLP to earn 1 paid day off! then every 400 hours after that you get another paid day off, there are other temp companies out there that offer better deals but CLP is still reliable for work...
Excellent Company
Carpenter/concrete finisher (Former Employee), Carolina Beach, NCOctober 18, 2014
Although CLP Resources is a temporary agency they really take the time to place you in positions where your skills can be of benefit to you and the company they place you with. I was very satisfied with the job placement, with American Bridge Corp, and moved to Carolina Beach to take the job. I would have continued to work for American Bridge but the next assignment has been put on hold. Both are great companies to work for!
Good company
Iron Worker/ Field Foreman (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAOctober 13, 2014
Hard working co workers with good attitude. 12 hour days where we dug trenches, did scheduling, and wire pulls. Also terminating.
Productive Work place
Electrician Journeyman (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 7, 2014
Productive work place that required skills. This was contractual work.
leaning stone
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 30, 2014
I'm happy to pick up the skills growing up in life.Good company to work for.
fun place to work for always found me work
Pipe welder (Former Employee), phoenix azSeptember 21, 2014
never had a problem with anyone at clp everyone worked together and work was very easy there
Temp agency
Electrician (Former Employee), Conshohocken, PASeptember 12, 2014
Worked on various job sites as needed. Installed and repaired electrical equipment.
Different locations, new people to work with.
Sheet Metal Worker (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 9, 2014
Typical day start at 7 am but every job contract is different.
your co-workers
Construction Laborer (Former Employee), Burbank, CASeptember 8, 2014
People you meet on the job site come from many skilled trades. Some are tuff and willing to teach, and others are just to busy to teach.
it was hard but I worked through the tough conditions
Construction/ Project developer (Former Employee), Union, NJAugust 28, 2014
I would fix the solar panels and construct solar panels in fields by repairing the damaged panels
CLP
Laborer (Current Employee), Berkeley, CAAugust 25, 2014
I think CLP is a great place to work they help you look for work there very freindly and great to work with looking forward to continue to work for this company and really put my skills to work.
poorly managed
Supervisor (Current Employee), College Park, MDAugust 21, 2014
Pros: there are no pros
Cons: very mis-leading in what they can do
this company is a good company overall , but the Springfield Va office cannot be indicative of what this company represent
fun
Construction Worker (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 15, 2014
it is a fun place to work learn alot from this company they took us out of town to install solar paneling. if you love getting dirty and learning new things this would be the job for you. co workers are amazing
Info. about work place was marginal at best.
Sheet Metal Worker (Former Employee), Tracy, CAAugust 3, 2014
Pros: safety gear provided, average pay.
Cons: lack of info about jobs
They would put you in a work place not knowing exactly what was expected of you. I know that this can be a result of the cllient but you should at least know the basics of what the worker is going to need to know.
Some co-workers showed up late, or not at all.
CLP provided the personal safety gear needed for the job.

About CLP Resources

We are a skilled trades staffing company providing skilled tradespeople to a broad range of contractors, and rewarding employment – Read more

CLP Resources Salaries