CLP Resources

CLP Resources Employee Reviews

great place to work
Construction Laborer (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAJune 3, 2014
very productive and enjoyable learning different trades ,good working people ,good management,
The work place was very safe. Safety was number one priority
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Deming, NMMay 12, 2014
Every day we had a safety meeting on potential hazards, weather and wildlife.
Pros
free water always available
Cons
always in the sun and on your feet
Great Work Environment
Solar Installer (Current Employee) –  NJMay 7, 2014
i learned something new but pertainable to work everyday also gave good overtime
Fun workplace, too many "friend" promotion and politics
Machine Operator and Module Box Lead Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAMay 6, 2014
Working for CLP was a fun experience. It was very easy going and low stress. There were far too many instances where Position Leads and Job Foreman promoted their friends instead of those who had proved  more... themselves through many years of experience and hard work. The hardest part of working for CLP was overcoming childish politics, which can be found on every large scale construction project, where professionalism is not desired over production. Through all the little struggles though, I had a great time working for CLP.  less
Pros
low stress environment, great attention to safety detail
Cons
too many childish politics, and friend promotion rather than merit promotion.
decent
Voice-Data-Video Apprentice - Electrical trainee (Former Employee) –  martin army hosptial FT benning gaMay 5, 2014
I liked working there. But management kept jerking me around. Nu overall I liked working for CLP
Pros
pay
Cons
managment
Great people to work with
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Long Beach CAApril 25, 2014
This agency is a recruit and hire the best and brightest tradespeople around, then match them to each contractor's specific job requirements.
Pros
you can get a part time fast
Cons
you get tire of going with different contractors
Productive and fun environment
Construction Laborer (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ALApril 11, 2014
Coordinated set up for events held, Gained a reputation for providing excellent work in a timely manner.
Pros
temp agency
Cons
gave opportunity for permanent position
Over all a good company to work for
Field Laborer (Current Employee) –  Union, NJApril 10, 2014
I've worked in a lot of different locations meeting new people and learning or perfecting my skills
challenging yet productive
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAApril 9, 2014
The typical day working for CLP Skilled Trade Solutions is always challenging yet productive. I have encountered new people with various skills and knowledge. I've learned to hone my previous skills and  more... have acquired new skills. I've learned that not every job will be the same and not every individual will think and act in a professional manner. I've understand the importance of communication, patience and tolerance on the job. Those attributes will always be a key elements on a construction site and any jobs that you are required to do. I've learn how to work in a high pace environment where things are constantly changing. The hardest part of the job is not being able to complete the required task due weather conditions which effect time. The best part of the job is when I have completed my task and duties to the satisfaction of the Client and they request for me to extend work.  less
Pros
they provide you with opportunity for growth.
Cons
it's not steady permanent work.
I enjoyed my job.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAApril 6, 2014
Work safely with co workers. The company emphasizes the teamwork of all workers.
Document Control
Document Control Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAMarch 7, 2014
I was a subcontractor for this position but learned so much about document control and about LA County requirements. Had a wonderful Construction Manaer that was willing to provide information to me in order for me to gain knowledge in this position. Unfortunately this job was completed in 12/12.
Pros
free lunches, medical insurance
Cons
dirt and dust
fun work enviorment
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 3, 2014
provided a nice work environment and also where very helpful when you requested something.
Pros
provided good work place
Cons
payroll was a mess at times
This is a great compnay to work for
Licensed Electrician (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAFebruary 23, 2014
A great, loyal company. I highly recommend it to skilled trades people.The management and HR personnel is outstanding.
Pros
flexibility
typical worday
general labor temp (Current Employee) –  East Hartford, CTFebruary 21, 2014
A typical day for me was prepping tools/machines such as wood chipper gather tree logs and large branches, feeding tree branches into a chipper, and blowing debris/ smaller particles of brush off the road.  more... Working there I learned how to properly prep and use the wood chipper. The hardest part of the job was not hard at all but was a challenge and it was to pull large heavy branches stuck in the dirt and between vines. The most enjoyable part of the job was it was hands on and never boring.  less
Excellent company with cero tolerance
PILE DRIVER OPERATOR AND GENERAL LABOR (Former Employee) –  Desert Center, CAFebruary 19, 2014
CLP supports his employees where safety is first you can have your mandatory brakes and cooperates with you in anything to improve production.
it is easy to get along with the employees coworkers such leads crew and supervisors.
Pros
they respect all the labor laws
Cons
lack of communication sometimes this creates rumors among workers
fair place to work
CARPENTER (Former Employee) –  hartford, ctFebruary 12, 2014
load truck with needed supplies for the day, follow directions on work order. i learned how to manage two job sites at the same time, great co-workers everyone knew what the main objective was and what had to be done. demo part of the job was the hard part finding the best place to start. completing the job and looking at the finished producted.
Pros
high pay rate
Cons
blank job period
A good company to work for if you're looking for a job in the construction industry.
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 8, 2014
For me, a day at work often starts in the early morning hours reporting to the foreman who called for my services. And from there, it's carry out the needs of the foreman.
Pros
get to network with other trades.
Cons
if you get sent out to a job site with other employees from clp, you often don't know who you'll end up with.
good place to work for
Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 5, 2014
pipefitter friendly, generally busy good people to work for
Productive fun workplace
Certified Welder (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 4, 2014
A typical day includes staff meeting, team set up and inventory count. I learned alot about different types of welding. My coworkers were always pleasant.
Pros
excellent pay rates
Cons
short or know breaks
I have a very interesting experience working as phlebotomist
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 3, 2014
I learn to be very patient, especially when the clients are agitated, i also listen to the clients complains, even when they are very angry and turn to be insulting.I always try to facilitate my job task in order to keep the clients happy because most often they are in a rush. But at the end of the day, i love my job and it brings me great delight to help clients feel better.
Pros
we had an excellent manager and a great team of co-workers.
Cons
never really had any bad experience.