Club Demonstration Services Employee Reviews in United States

Fun to work with in the beginning
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodland, CAJuly 24, 2016
I think they should manage the employees that have already been hired instead of hiring new people and making older employees quit because of work shortage.
Pros
Competitive payment
Cons
No free lunch
Cds
Product demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 23, 2016
I have been working for Cds for about almost 6 months the pay is good 12.25 per hour but this company treats employees like slaves they don't care about you I was not feeling well one day and they don't let you go home early because you have to stay for at least 3 hours. The schedule is unfair work weekends and job schedule is unbalanced. People who do not have transportation get more lienent hours. The company is too micro managed and have stupid rules such as you can't leave your cart or speak to other employees when your off duty. Lack of communication and they don't give you a handbook of any type of regulations. The company better be careful how they treat employees because someone will sue this company if someone gets sick and not allowed to leave early and type of neglegiance that occurs. And management is a complete joke until the higher managers come to the store and completely criticize the whole staff for no reason be aware. The managers do not even help out or work as a team with other employees too.
Pros
Free samples
Cons
Everything else
My Day
Private Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canyon, TXJuly 15, 2016
Got to meet new people by helping them find things and talking to them about their day, sacking up their food and unloading it into their car
Bias supervision
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Superior, COJuly 12, 2016
CDS had the potential of being a great employer. I was a store supervisor in charge of up to 50 people. The title is now manager. The District Manager, who by the way, still suppresses the Denver area, was terrible. She showed favoritism to men, sided with Costco against her own employees, very judgmental, and insisted that supervisors fire people she didn't like. She ruined the whole CDS experience. Stay away from working in a management position in Colorado.
Pros
Fair money
Cons
No benefits, little room for advancement, upper management
Good Place To work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 2, 2016
I like working there nice employee and i enjoy meeting a customer and getting to know different products . i enjoy meeting new people. the job is easy if you have retail sales experience . If you enjoy trying new things this the right job for you .
This employer has the potential to be great
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 27, 2016
CDS could potentially be a great job but the hours were not spread enough amongst employees and the management was terrible. Employees were not treated very well. Granted, working with the people was amazing but when dealing with poor supervisors heading everything, it is quite challenging to truly enjoy the job.
Pros
Lenient with schedule
Cons
Breaks too early into shift, Disrespectful supervisors
Food Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 15, 2016
I have been working at Costco for almost 2 months now. I really like it. I like to cook and it's Easy to talk to people. I mean $12.25 just to hand out samples is cool. I wish you could get commission though , I think you might be able to not sure though. Free food. Some coworkers are nice some are less nice but it's whatever. I like it. Just wish I got 30 hours a week
Pros
free food, good pay, nice hours, cool staff
Cons
only 30 hrs a week and break is right away
Productive and Fun workplace
Product Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 8, 2016
My workplace gives me the opportunity to strengthen my business ethnics. We demonstrate our events of Costco Wholesale's products with hopes of customers purchasing the product that day and days to come.
Pros
Free food, pay rate, benefits
Cons
short work week
Good bridge job
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 2, 2016
Part-time position between semesters of school, while looking for a new full-time job, or as a supplement in retirement. Schedules can be very flexible.
Uncertain hours, talking with coworkers discouraged
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMay 29, 2016
Typical day you go in set up your station while Costco customers stare at you and sometimes rudely demand to know why the food is not out yet. Was ran into by a cart by a Costco customer trying to get to the demonstration food the customers can be incredibly rude. Hours very irregular and very obvious favoritism from supervisor in Sioux Falls. Hardest part of job is that parents do NOT supervisor their children and become upset when you need them there for permission to give their little buddy a treat.
Pros
Free samples however not always good
Cons
Short irregular hours sometimes. Have to stand all day, and employeer does not care if you are in pain, Very rude Costco customers.
Fun filled environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brookhaven, GAMay 26, 2016
It was very niv=ce working for Club Demonstration services, however, the job security was very bad. Every week was unpredictable, and the Management communication skills were very poor.
Fair experience.
Product Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNMay 25, 2016
A fair experience. A highlight was the entire team being invited to dinner at Logan's to celebrate the Christmas season. This is something a lot of companies do not do these days.
Stressful and intimidating workplace
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 15, 2016
You always feel like you're being watched, they won't hesitate to fire anyone they don't like, it's all politics, advancement is for the special few.... walk away
Enjoy interaction with members
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mettawa, ILMay 10, 2016
A typical day at work is greeting members and offering samples of food products to the member to increase vendor sales. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with members and great co-workers.
Absolutely loved working here. So many nice people
Saled Advisor (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAMay 7, 2016
I loved this job. Doing the food samples at Costco. The work place was so friendly. manager was very understanding of anyone situations. Absolutely an amazing place to work.
Pros
Best job ever
Cons
not enough jours
productive and fun workplace
Amazon Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 6, 2016
every day I load my truck and deliver up to 125 packages, I get to drive freely with no distractions or problems. I come across very nice customers as well. I've learned that all jobs are different and that this job unparticular is a lot easier than I thought it would be, management tends to have its ups and downs yet they tend to make things happen for the most part. the hardest part of the job was staying there from 6am to almost 10pm having a small baby at home and the most enjoyable is the fact that I have a lot of freedom.
Pros
freedom, lenient dress code, morning shift
Cons
benifits arent as great, longer hours than usual alot, no pto
Retail Foods Demonstrations
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAApril 24, 2016
The job entailed food service in providing the general public with sampling of different food and non-food product demonstrations.

The environment is retail and CDS is located inside Costco stores. The team of Demonstrators is a diverse group with varying ages where everyone is friendly.

The job offered a friendly and fun environment and an opportunity to establish manageable goals for the employees. The products offered were of very high quality and the opportunity to work with famous vendors was a lot of fun.
Pros
Having the ability to try different products
Cons
The work schedules were at odd times
Fun workplace, Relatively low stress
Caretaker (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 18, 2016
I look after a 22-year old autistic male adult by teaching him daily activities of living. I would take him out for a walk, do physical activities, go shopping, etc.

I've learned to be more patient, more observant, and more manageable with stress.

My co-workers or other caretakers are very friendly as well.

The hardest part of the job is to figure out what might be causing the male patient to be irritated, given little to no clues about the origin of cause.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when the male patient listens to me and is having a good time laughing and playing around without disturbing others around him.
Pros
Free food, very flexible hours, can do many activities
Cons
can be stressful/frustrating
Fun work place, Terrible hours
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 15, 2016
really fun to work at. employees and management are both awesome. hours aren't really all that great vendors keep cancelling but when they don't the hours and pay are fantastic for a starter job
Fun and Productive
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVApril 14, 2016
Loved this job! Able to see how games are made, inside and out. Got to play with all new games that came out before hitting the casino floors. Was bought out by another gaming company out of Australia. Ended up closing office. Hardest part was leaving my family.
Pros
Fun working enviroment
Cons
Company being bought out

2.9