Club Demonstration Services Employee Reviews

They work really well with your schedule.
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 17, 2017
It's a pretty easy job that works with your schedule, if you go to school, or if you have another job. The hours are decent and you never work later than 7:30 on weekdays and no later than 6 on weekends.
Pros
hours
Cons
no benefits
fun place to work
Product Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  AlabamaOctober 17, 2017
Would recommend to a full-time student or retiree. Pass out samples of a variety of products such as, food, drinks, and products. Occasionally set up road-shows for apparel or shoes.
Fun place to work, not alot of hours
Product Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Rego Park, NYOctober 5, 2017
Its a nice place to work and the pay is decent but the hours are not guaranteed and that could be stressful paying for bills. The managers and supervisors are all very helpfu which is good.
Pros
pay
Cons
lack of hours
Good Part Time
(seasonal)Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Signal Hill, CAOctober 3, 2017
The pay is fairly high compared to most entry level positions at other companies, but this is not something I would recommend if you are looking for a job to live off of, unless you become the store manager.
Well paid job
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WIOctober 3, 2017
Is a super easy job, just need to prepare or cook food and provide them to the members along with the product information. They are super flexible with the hours.
Pros
Well paid
Cons
no benefits, no more than 30 hours a week, repetitive
Excellent management
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 30, 2017
Great work atmosphere good teamwork logistics and sales worked together. Good pay and benefits excellent opportunity for advancement. Stress free work place.
Pros
Pay benifits stress free
Cons
rotating schedule
Cds
Senior Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILSeptember 29, 2017
CDS is a great part time job but you will work hard for the money. No full time, no benefits, no PTO. You can't advance because there is only one Shift Supervisor, one Senior Shift Supervisor, unless you want to be a division manager.
Pros
Part time
Cons
No full time, no benefits, no PTO
Used to be great
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILSeptember 27, 2017
For the first few years it was a great place to work then new managers came in and ruined it. They got new event manager that is not going to stay and keeps changing everything. He doesn't listen to all employees cause he has his favorite people.
Pros
Some great co workers
Cons
Liers work there
the company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTSeptember 25, 2017
The entire company seems to be on a different page than one another. There is little to no structure within the company and they tend to hire managers with no actual management skills.
Fun place to work at
Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  West Fargo, NDSeptember 21, 2017
I totally enjoyed working for CDS. The staff at CDS and Costco employees were great to work along side with. Also seeing regular customers, and new ones, was the best part of the job on a day-to-day basis.
Glad I left
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Kapolei, HISeptember 20, 2017
My boss was very unorganized and couldn't keep up with staying stocked with things needed. She would take out her stress on the workers too. I've heard from people who have been to different locations that management is much better so it was obviously just mine. Customers can be jerks, so if you're unable to handle those, then I wouldn't suggest working here. You also can't choose your demo, so if you get stuck with a junk one then say goodbye to your commission!
Pros
Some coworkers
Cons
Customers, busy, heavy carts
Advisor Sale (Current Employee) –  Teterboro, NJSeptember 18, 2017
I love to work with people and to communicate my product I will sell In the store and give advise advantage the frees sample. The environment is to be fast
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No healthcare
Communication Skills a must
Shift Lead, Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Northridge, CASeptember 17, 2017
Every day we learn something new. A new product characteristics how to take advantage of how to cooking the best way. It is a friendly environment. We meet new people from different cultures.
The worst
SALES ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYSeptember 17, 2017
Terrible job to have. I do not recommend at all. You get about 3 days to work a week if even that. More than likely it was 2 days sometimes even 1 day a week. The pay was moderate. Expected way too much for the pay. Do not look at this job as a permanent place of employment.
Cons
Short breaks
Simple job
Senior Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis Park, MNSeptember 16, 2017
Simple managerial job. Oversee a team of about 30 to 40 part time employees. Buy products that the team will be demoing, enter receipts into the computer started, document and communicate HR issues that come up.
CDS Overall
SALES ASSOCIATE/ DEMONSTRATOR (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTSeptember 16, 2017
This location was not exactly up to par with me. i cant speak upon others because i have not visited.
There is little to no communication between the superiors and coworkers alike. the commute was horrible and the products were mediocre.
Pros
N/a
Cons
short breaks, forced to hold bodily fluids, uncomfortable
data entry and sales calls
CSR, Magazine Orders (Former Employee) –  Harlan, IASeptember 14, 2017
I worked part time with this company entering magazine subscriptions and taking incoming calls for customer service. Filing finalized information and rechecked every address and phone number of each call in.
Pros
data entry and nice people
Not the Correct CDS
Caregiver - Special Needs (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 13, 2017
CDS stands for Consumer Directive Services in San Antonio, TX. I worked with two separate family caring for their child with special needs...Autism and Cerebral Palsy
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Low Pay
One of the best part-time jobs you could ask for
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, NYSeptember 12, 2017
It's a simple job. Sample food. Sometimes you'll have to demonstrate the functions of an appliance. When you compare this to the myriad of part-time jobs out there, this should be high on your list in terms of pay and low on difficulty.

If you need a job with a guaranteed paycheck and zero chance of taking work home with you, I wouldn't look in any other direction. My coworkers and even management have been welcoming from the start. My boss has been extremely understanding when it comes to my schedule. The flexibility is a huge bonus especially for someone like me who has a very busy lifestyle. Needless to say, I'm thankful for this job!

The only annoying part of this job can be the customers. Still, it's a rarity that you'll get truly unbearable customers. Most of who you encounter are inquisitive, hungry people. Think about it...how upset can people really be when they're getting fed?

If you or a friend are looking for a job that pays well and isn't stressful, check out this position. You won't regret it
Pros
Easy, bonuses possible, sales experience, all age groups can apply, very flexible schedule
Cons
Can't work full time, needs more benefits
Relaxed environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North Riverside, ILSeptember 12, 2017
Fun easy place to work in between jobs. And good for older folks. Very good for people who do not wish to get stressed out and need some extra cash on the side.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Club Demonstration Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8