Club Demonstration Services Employee Reviews

Decent job to have
Product Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 17, 2017
I started in October and had between 3-5 days a week for almost every week up until January. After Christmas the hours started being cut across the board and most of the employees hired for seasonal were getting one or no days a week. This is pretty standard procedure for a lot of places that hire seasonal help, but just wanted to make it clear that this is the case for CDS.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Standing for long periods of time, repetitive tasks
It was a good job at the time
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORJanuary 14, 2017
It was a good job but needed work and some benefits.It was nice to get to know people at Costco, but it didn't have the hours I needed. I needed a full time job at the time and it didn't do that to me.
Pros
Free food and $11 an hour
Cons
No benefits
fun place to work
Owner (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 13, 2017
started my own business some time ago, never thought I would but it happened, I love begin my own boos,takeing in new adventures, meeting new people, now I would like something more to do with my time at night
Very little hours and strenuous
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CT 06854January 10, 2017
You work for 2-3 days a week, tops. A typical work day would be 7 hours. If you don't like standing, this isn't the job for you. You stand the whole time you're working and selling to the customers.Co-workers were amazing, though, and made working there manageable. The best part of the job was only the pay.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Not enough hours
Ok, if youre looking for part time job
Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIJanuary 10, 2017
I felt like a zombie half the time. I was with them for 2 years and they based on how many hours you get depending on how much of your product you sell that day. It sucked. I did a lot of work for my boss/ supervisor. I came in each time she called to come in. I did extra work to get a raise and was told no raises would ever happen to anyone in the company. I tried to get a better position but was turned down. It gets lonely because you hand out samples and you cant really talk to your coworkers for the whole day. You just repeat the same lines over and over for 6 to four hours out of the day.
not a very good job place
Event Manager (Current Employee) –  norwalk, californiaJanuary 8, 2017
They are very corporate and do not give us the support physical or emotional. They have a very big physical demand but do not offer the tools to deal with it and lots of employee get hurt
Pros
easy schedule, daily programming
Cons
unfair, work w no help, lack of physical suppport
Concept great, co-workers are a delight, but some managers are condescending and disrespectful to employees
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 8, 2017
1.Punctuality; washing hands; potentially hazardous speed in gathering necessary equipment; setting up cart while being directed in a condescending manner to "get on the floor." With management, employees are guilty until proven innocent; Some managers are shamefully rude and disrespectful to employees 4. Co-workers are team players 5. Hardest part of my job is being talked to in a disrespectful manner and seeing my co-workers experiencing the same 6. The most enjoyable part of my job is connecting with co-workers and customers.
Pros
Great Co-Workers, Demos are Fun, Customers are Awesome!
Cons
Managers Rush and Speak Harshly to Employees
exciting work environment
sales associate (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 4, 2017
product sells, food and product displays, product demonstrator entice customers to purchase products by getting them to taste or test out the sample the hardest parts are when the customers never visit your work station all my co workers where great an easy to work with the job allowed us to link with a wide variety of business owners
Pros
taste test samples as well
Cons
short breaks, not enough pay, unable to work long hours, and couldnt progress within the company
The Review
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 3, 2017
Morning meetings are conducted to discuss the goals for the day. Business calls are made and then I'm auditing accounts for outside vendors.
Great part-time job to earn some extra income
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Gypsum, CO 81637January 2, 2017
I have been working at CDS for a while now. The pay is not bad for what you have to do. It is, however, not for everyone as you can imagine. First of all, standing for prolonged hours and talking incessantly is demoralizing and repetitive. If you have experience with customer service, you know how rude and demanding people can be—you see it in this position on a daily basis. Another issue that affects “employee happiness” in this position is the relationship with Costco employees; some are nice individuals while others are mean and arrogant (usually the managers). If you are able to be indifferent to these things and get past them you will be able to handle this position—the job is easy.
Now, let’s talk about CDS management. Presumably, this will come down to personal opinion and experience. So, my manager is infamous for being mean and disrespectful; this comes from coworkers, Costco employees, “roadshow” people, and customers alike; all I have to say about this is that there many people like this in the world—you just have learn to work with them. Also, the manager sometimes fails to do his part and this trickles down to everyone else. For example, failing to supply Sales Advisors with product and equipment makes the team inefficient. On the other hand, to be fair, the manager is flexible and understanding when it is necessary; he is able to communicate on goods terms.
Coworkers. The type of coworkers you see will vary obviously. I mostly have young coworkers going to college or university and older retired folks; they have a wide range of personalities.
What I appreciate
  more... of this job is the flexibility and the pay. As well as, the lack of drama and the environment—everyone seems to get along well. I would certainly recommend friends.  less
I was not impressed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJanuary 2, 2017
I would go in and sample products to Costco members, management was rude, fun coworkers! Hardest part was making the sale! And the most enjoyable pasty of the job were the free samples!
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Unorganized, rude managers
Great management and place to work
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJDecember 22, 2016
Cds is a great lace to work. You learn a lot about food and other variety of products. You also learn a lot about food allergens and what may and may not be good for
You.
Pros
Reading nutritional facts and learning more about things you never really paid attention to
Cons
You never know what demo you will get and some of them are not too uplifting
Productive job where all customers and co-workers are out going.
Prepared Foods Team Member (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CADecember 20, 2016
The days i work at this job i always have a good time with customers and co-workers. I learn new products each time i work for example, how to cook, how to prepare it also what to say to customers. My co-workers are all nice and friendly to each other. If someone has trouble preparing their demo we help that person. We help one another. The most enjoyable part of my job is socializing with customers talk to them about the product.
Fun great place to try new foods from vendors
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Industry, CADecember 16, 2016
-Head out to the floor and provide samples
-Hit key points to members and tried to make the sale
-Sanitize all equipment thoroughly
-Managers were very friendly and always concerned with our well being
-Great friendly ambience with co-workers, everyone got along like one big family
-Hardest part was trying to hit your quota on a slow day
-What I enjoyed the most was trying all sorts of new food that was being demonstrated.
Pros
Free lunches, Sick time, Paid vacation and sales incentives.
Cons
N/A
its great part time job
Sales Adviser (Former Employee) –  Brookhaven, GADecember 16, 2016
if you are looking for something for extra money this is definitely a great company to apply to. The starting pay is awesome and it is a part time job. however you are stagnate and you cant grow in the company.
Great work place
Boxer (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORDecember 15, 2016
Good place to work.i enjoy the people who was there and the helped me learn my job fast.it was only a temp job but still i did nt feel like the workers treated us that way.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Temp
Demonstrating costco products
Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 14, 2016
The job was very easy and paid well. The staff I worked with worked well together. Also they were very nice about setting you schedule around what you need
Pros
good money
Cons
the cleaning near the end was very demanding
Cds
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, NYDecember 13, 2016
Club demonstration service is a good job for active college students because they work around you and your availability. the job requires good customer service skills as well as good social skills
Great first part time job
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CADecember 13, 2016
A typical day at work would be coming in getting your cart ready ,having a meeting and heading out to the floor to start off the day. When we are on the floor first thing we need to do is have samples out or else you have the Costco members complaining you don't have samples out and you get a right up or verbal warning.
Proving great customer service was always top number one priority and making thee sell for the warehouse and the vendor.
What I learned was to always greet people with a smile, improved my charisma,my sales experience , and customer service skills.
The management at the warehouse was always under control I had a great manager . My co-workers treated me like family got along with every single one of them. The hardest part about the job was keeping us with the crowd of members that where around the cart while i prepared the samples most of them reached in and touched the samples which caused me to throw away. Worrying members don't get burn or slip and fall to prevent from suing the company or warehouse.Being alert at all times for children that are not accompanied by a parent. Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting nice new people.
Pros
well paid
Cons
no benefits, or healthcare, few hours
productive and fun workplace
sales of products (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, MDDecember 11, 2016
i love working with customer i learned about alot about the company an selling prouduct . my management was decent my coworker was nice i love when i did road shows

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Club Demonstration Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9