CLUB DEMONSTRATION SERVICES

CLUB DEMONSTRATION SERVICES United States Employee Reviews

Very Food Educational
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Brighton, MIApril 24, 2015
Pros: Educational
Cons: Rude comments by members
You learn a lot of how to make different things. Co workers are really friendly and you can learn about food variety and health.
Very productive and a sociable job
Sales advisor (Current Employee), New Rochelle, NYApril 19, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no healthcare
A typical work day is normally very sociable you learn how to engage and interact with customers ,also how to adjust to different situations. The employees are professional and are a big help. With knowledge of great customer service there are no heard parts of the day, As for the most enjoyable part it would be interacting with customers.
fair
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXApril 14, 2015
Cons: on feet for 6 plus hours
presents a variety of samples for customers to try before the purchase. Co workers were fun to work with. hardest part was standing for 6 hours at a time
Great easy going Workplace
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYApril 7, 2015
I enjoy my job and co workers, its a fun place to work at. it may cold sometimes but its cool. the hours are good hours and the managers are easy to talk to.
fum place to work
Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 15, 2015
Pros: free samples
Cons: no benefits
this is a good company to work for . I have fun at work everyday My supervisor is very cool and flexible . A typical day is 6 hours and some days you work as a breaker to relieve people for the lunches and breaks . there are three shifts early 1030 until 5 11until 530 and 1230 until 7pm
Productive/Personal Growth
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Marietta GaMarch 10, 2015
I loved working for Club Demonstration Services. I grew tremendously throughout my time there. I become more confident with myself, in terms of customer service interactions and sales. I prepared vendor products according to instructions to the demonstration product information sheet and Set up and organize cart/table for event
I adhered to all food Safety, handling and sanitation training and guidelines.
Great co-workers
SALES ADVISOR (Former Employee), Concord, CAMarch 8, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: don't always have decent equipment, slave-driving management, definitely need a second job
This company is a vendor for Costco and do the sales and sampling of various Costco products, primarily food. The company itself doesn't seem to care about the employees. Pay is only adequate if you can get full time hours, which they work very hard not to give you. The other demonstrators were wonderful to work with. The hardest part was probably the amount of time you're given to complete the before and after tasks of the actual demo. They could care less about a work/life balance, you are always on call, but the good news about that is you know you'll get off on time.
Fun women's fitness center
Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 5, 2015
Pros: fun work environment.
Cons: low pay.
Management of ladies fitness center, membership sales, and tour of facility. Day to day operations and supervision of small staff. Business to business sales and presentations. Bank deposits and reports to settle end of day deposits.
Great weekend job
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 3, 2015
When i worked for this company it was a great experience. I got most of my hours during the holidays. I made good money and learned how to deal with rude people. I basically was a food and product demonstrator and those customers stayed hungry.
A very simple job that could get mentally stressful.
Senior Sale Representative (Current Employee), Rego Park, NYFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: simple job
Cons: customers
A typical day at work consist of being assigned a product, and preparing a demonstration cart according to the assign product. You'll be demonstrating and providing information on the product on display to curious customers, and creating a customer base for future sales. In the end of your shift, you'll clean your demonstration cart, and provide a quick summary of the overall performance of the product during your shift.

-I learned to have a lot patience for customer.
-management is pretty much the same if you ever work retail.
-the co-workers are a mix bag of people from different background.
-the hardest part of the job are the customers
-the most enjoyable part of the job are the customers
A great work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: free food samples
Cons: there are no employee benefits.
My job would probably be a lot more pleasant if I had a boss that was more of a people person. This person criticizes every little detail while the employees are working and in front of Costco members.

The company does nothing to retain employees. There are no raises and no benefits. Starting and also permanent pay is high for a position that requires no previous experience.

The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with Costco members as I am a people person. I have selling skills and am one of the top sellers.
loved working here
sales demonstrator (Former Employee), Homestead, PAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: fun, exciting, happy place
Cons: no benefits, short breaks
its an aexcellent learning experience
great co workers
amazing new products
co workers were so helpful and having team effort is amazing
it was a great place never had any complaints
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Saint Charles, ILFebruary 4, 2015
This has been my longest job I have held, and I like it because the job is very flexible. The job is fun because every time you come in to work, you have to demo different things. You will get something different everyday unless you are assigned to a roadshow. The only downside to this job is that there is no benefits, and there is no chance of advancement in the company. Overall, the co-workers become like your second family, and if you are not a very social person, this will help you in that aspect, it did for me.
The most painfully boring job I've endured.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ann ArborJanuary 12, 2015
Imagine the people who offer samples at department stores. Imagine the people happy. Then measure how far that is from real life.
Great benefits
Account Representative (Former Employee), Oakbrook Terrace, ILJanuary 10, 2015
Great place to work. Very busy environment. Company has great benefits. Fun to work with Costco MW regional buyers. The Company is very flexible when it comes to vacation time or PTO. Co-workers are great and are always looking to help if you are very busy and they are having down time.
Fun Job
Sales Adviser (Current Employee), Cordova, TNJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: unsteady hours
This is a fun job if you are someone who likes to talk to people. You are expected to communicate with customers and to be able to cook various products according to the vendors expectations.
Company does not care about it's people at all.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 5, 2015
I have worked here for a year and a half. I do not only my job but the jobs of those above me and not once has anyone mentioned a raise, or advancement. In fact there are employees here that have not had a raise in years. There is no gratefulness at all for good work let alone those who go above and beyond. The HR department is completely, and appears to have no clue want they are doing. There is no accountability or consequences for any wrong doing.
productive
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 1, 2015
lots of customer interaction, fun workplace, sample something different every day. i love cooking days
Enjoy the interaction with Costco member and co-workers.
Customer Service (Current Employee), Delray Beach, FLDecember 30, 2014
Pros: free snacks
Cons: no benefits.
Love the variety that is offered with Club Demonstration Services. Every day there are different demos which offers various hot foods, snacks and occasionally Keurig coffee machines and Food Saver demos.
fun place to work
Closing Coordinator (Former Employee), Fairfax, VADecember 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: some coustomers could be rude
It was a great place to work. the Fairfax building it is very fast past. The people where great thou.

1 2 3 4 5