CLUB MED

CLUB MED Employer Reviews

Professional and friendly workplace with a great staff performing a much needed service for customers.
General Manager (Current Employee), Woodland Hills, CAJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: was so close to alot of very great resturantes and was a very relaxing inviroment.
Cons: really had no time for a break or even to eat your lunch, just had to push thru the day.
A typical day at work started with me setting up the store for the day and making sure everything was clean and stocked. Once we had the store open I would make sure all customer information had been imputed and updated. Throughout the day I would keep inventory stocked while helping customers find exactly what they needed as well as educating them – more... on the product. Before I left the store I would do a full inventory count and would order more if necessary.
My staff was just a pleasure to work with, really friendly people who were knowledgeable about the products in the store.
The staff and I were always learning new things having to keep up with the advancements in the medical industry.
The hardest part of my job was hearing some of our customers personal problems with loved ones and their own medical issues. The only other difficulties were making sure all employees were happy with their schedules while trying to also make sure it didn't interrupt with their school schedules or personal life.
Definitely the most satisfaction I receive from working here is helping out customers to find the perfect things to help them with their medical issues. I absolutely loved it when a customer would come back and tell me how much I helped them by educating them on the products and finding them the perfect one. – less
Experience of a life time
Restaurant Manager, Florida location (Former Employee), Port Saint Lucie, FLNovember 19, 2013
I would recommend anyone in their 20's to spend 6 months working for club med. You learn all about teamwork.
Fun
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), Port Saint Lucie, FLNovember 16, 2013
Pros: location
Cons: pay
Was up at 5 am to prepare for the restaurant opening to make sure the clientele was well satisfied with there vacation experience.
Set up lunch and dinner buffet decorations for client satifaction and theme nights.
Went above and beyond to make sure that the client was satisfied with all aspects of their vacation.
challenges because Club Med has a culture all its own
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), San Salvador, BahamasAugust 7, 2013
Pros: position guaranteed three meals a day and opportunity to attend club guests functions
Cons: demands on personal time was great
Tour of the Club each morning ensure various departments up to par.
Handle employee/management concerns.

Dealt with expatriate payroll separate from line staff payroll and
benefits.

Enforce organizational policies for both segments

Daily interaction with guests and GOs. Lunch and Dinners. Participated in all aspects of Club life.

Along with staff – more... promoted Bahamian cultural events.

Seminars and employee awards.

Worked with a variety of people from cultures all over the world which was very interesting and rewarding. Formed lasting friendships.

Also was forced to hire persons from various family islands which added diversity to the team on many levels.

Most of the time spent at the Club not much time for personal life. However, not a major problem. – less
Team oriented work place
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Port st. Lucie FlJuly 21, 2013
Pros: free lunch everyday
Cons: no other break besides lunch
I would do a number of different things everyday, they would rotate each team member to a different task each day. Some days I would work the dishwasher, and others I would clean the kitchen or the dining area.
productive fun vere good place to work i like it
head baker (Former Employee), Cuba, MOMay 2, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: 30 mins breaks
It was a lot of work but it was also alot fot fun i enjoyable comeing to ever day it was the best job i had
lovely people to work with
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Linderman IslandApril 2, 2013
Pros: you got to do the things that the guest did on the island on your day off like sailing, kayak, archery, golf and more
Cons: there was none
you did housekeeping duties such as make beds ,clean bathroom ,clean linen and towels ,refill fridge tea coffee ,vacume and mop floors wash windows dust wipe surfaces management and co-workers were great to work with the hardest part of the job was to not enteract with the guest the most enjoyable part of the job was keeping the guest happy and having – more... fun with them. – less
Beautiful
Sous Chef, Chef de Partie, Garde Manager (Former Employee), Cancun, Bahamas, USA, Dominican RepublicDecember 23, 2012
Pros: the travel
Cons: long long hours in the heat.
My typical day in Club Med was not a typical day. I was employed for 8 years and enjoyed everyday. The work involved well, where can i start. I prepared meals for over 600 people daily, in Punta Cana we exceeded over 1700 people daily. Turks and Caicos we had over 500 people daily as is the same for the Club in the Bahamas.
The best part was gaining – more... knowledge from working with Chefs from all over the world. And we made some magical food. Amazing. – less
teach ski in Colorado
Water sports instructor (Former Employee), Crested Butte, COOctober 28, 2012
Pros: great ski-ing in colorado
Cons: seasonal
teach sk-ing, takle catre of the international customers, security, fun
Fun for traveling and experience
Chef de Partie (Current Employee), Port Saint Lucie, FLSeptember 9, 2012
Its a different lifestyle than anyone is used to. A typlical day at Club Med is very long almost 12 hours a day and you live on the resort. Management is somewaht organized. The hardest part of the job is working six days a week, the most enjoyable part of the job would be getting to meet people from all over the world and guest also.
Vacation environment work place, production of high volume of gourmet food
Chef de Partie (Former Employee), Port Sainte Lucie, FloridaJune 26, 2012
Pros: living expenses and entertainment are free, paid vacation between season
Cons: exhausted after very long hours of work, hard to enjoy
great work fun environment, great training ground, professionals from around the world for the kitchen team, must participate in club entertainment, long hours of work make it difficult to enjoy setting sometimes.
Cruise ship - chief storekeeper job responsibilities
Chief storekeeper on board (Former Employee), cruise ship - FranceMay 6, 2012
Responsible the team members in the section.

Purchasing, receiving and account payable process.

Ensuring that stock is kept at par stock level.

Controlling proper stock is kept at par stock level.

Controlling proper stock rotation, time and temperature.
Fun workplace
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Albufeira, PortugalAugust 17, 2014
Lifeguard job, Deal with guests, Prevent accidents.
Provide assistance and first Aid if necessary
Club Med Wholesaler
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 12, 2014
Welcome clients and guests
Handle office correspondence
Manage incoming calls and visit requests
Update client profiles and membership data
Coordinate Fam Trip events
Verification tasks for Accounting Department
Register agency data for Inside Sales Department
Produce travel documents
Fun workplace, great ambiance
Barman (Former Employee), Turks and CaicosJune 4, 2014
You dont work for clubmed if you want money, you work for clubmed for the experience.
Animation works and dancing
Responsable trafic (Current Employee), Club med sinai bay taba EgyptApril 1, 2014
Pros: the company pay all of the drinks, food and the transportatio
Cons: 8 hours
Starting at 9 in the morning doing some works at the reception
(Reception services and guest relation)
Doing all the services related with the travel procedures
I learned hotels management,Opera system and some animation show
We have to work in a team that is what makes us special
Working yesterday about 18 hours by day
and stress of the work
But guest – more... contact,meeting a new people,knowing another cultures everyday and shows animation works are the Enjoyable part in my work – less
Job with great experience and Travel
Sales Rep (Current Employee), Johannesburg NorthApril 30, 2013
Pros: travelling
Cons: long hours
• Sales:
• Achieve sales objectives
• Direct / indirect Sales Assistant
• Solely responsible for sustaining and developing relationships with existing direct / indirect partner consortiums in Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban (2007 -2010)
• Managing and training 3 Sales Representatives (2010 - 2011)
• Service Preferred Partner and Elite agencies
 – more... Manage direct / indirect relationships and complaints
• Responsible for hosting top selling Agencies on Educationals at the different Club Med Resorts
• Organizing, managing and facilitating large Corporate Incentive groups on international travel

• Operations:
• Monthly reports on sales productions
• Weekly reports on relationships with Agencies
• Feedback to Sales Consultants and Managers on their relationships with Agencies
• Responsible for launching new on-line booking system for Club Med called “Easy Club Med”

• Marketing:
• Presentations and product training
• Trade Events, Trade shows, functions and workshops
• Network with Travel Community
• Communicate Retail Industry Events and Trends
• Setting up new markets, training and workshops in Dubai
• Road/trade shows and promotions nationally

• Achievements:
• Awarded Sales Representative of the Year by Flight Centre – 2008/2009
• Attended International Manager’s Conference – 2008/2009/2010 – less
Interesting experience
Assistant Pastry Chef (Former Employee), Turks and Caicos, BahamasDecember 14, 2012
Pros: carribean, great team environment and got to learn scuba diving for free!
Cons: unorganization.
I really enjoyed my overall experience with Club Med it's long hours but in any kitchen there are long hours. I really enjoyed the interaction with the guests and I feel like I met a lot of really great people.

There were difficult times but it helped build my skills with problem solving.

Overall I am glad I did it and had more good times then bad – more... so I would go back for a season if they needed me too. – less
great enviroment to work in, beach side with usual temperature anywhere from 24 to 30 degrees
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), Dominican RepublicOctober 31, 2012
Pros: worked with many different cultures
Cons: having to deal with the wind and sand
I would start at 9 am to open restaurant for 10 pm. Being that the restaurant was open air I would have to make sure the tables and floor where clean and in place. Most guest would come to our restaurant for lunch by the beach. We would get full by 12 noon and stay that way until 3 to 4 pm
Front desk
Receptionist and Public relation (Former Employee), FRANCE/MOROCCO/MALAYSIA/BALIAugust 15, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
My Major Responsibilities would be:

To welcome visitors and clients, receive and route telephone calls, and provide clerical support in back office.

Work is generally routine; most tasks are well defined, but with considerable variation; some phases of the work are less well defined and may require independent action.

Ability to establish and maintain – more... a positive and professional relationship with co-workers, clients and visitors; cultural sensitivity and ability to relate well and effectively in diverse workplace and with a diverse client population.

Flexibility in responding courteously to immediate needs of visitors and callers; ability to establish priorities and maintain productivity despite numerous interruptions.

The best part of my job was traveling, you got to meet new people and having new challenges all the time. Work abroad, integrate in local cultures, learn a language, acquire new skills. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About CLUB MED

At least one company knows there is something medicinal about a beach vacation. Club Méditerranée, popularly known as Club Med, – Read more