Club Med Employee Reviews

Meet all kinds of amazing people
Baker (Former Employee) –  Turks and caaicosJuly 8, 2016
Beautiful, fun and very hard work. You will work with people from all over the world. You will work a MINIMUM of eight hours a day. You will really learn time management. The hardest part of the job was adjusting the heat. My are was not air conditioned
Pros
Variety of people
Cons
Very old equipment
Fun way to travel the world
Landsport intructor (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 10, 2016
If your interested in taking 2 or 3 years out of your professional life to go travel the world, this is the position for you. Food, drinks, and dormitory style rooms included. typically 14-16 hours a day for typically under $1000 per month, except for managers. You can move to a different resort every year worked ( two 6 month seasons) Usually you will work at a resort within your continent for your first year.
Pros
3 free meals a day. Free alcohol at night if you are with guests
Cons
Short breaks. Work nights everyday. Low Pay. 16 hour work days. 6 days a week
amazing opportunity
Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  various locations worldwideNovember 17, 2015
13-18 work days
managing multiple bars of various size staff from multiple cultures and languages
learned how to handle people of different culture and customs, cost control, profitability, sales ideas, problem solving
Pros
free room and board
Cons
small salary, long hours, restricted freedom
Fun place
Water Sports and Assistant Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLNovember 5, 2015
If you're looking to escape the real world, but still work your butt off this is the place! Be mindful- it is a French owned company and ran like one. Things can change at the snap of a finger. Be flexible, open minded, and work hard. It will give you an experience you can't get anywhere else. Its TOUGH, but really rewarding. You meet AMAZING people and make great connections that can further your career outside of club med. I am so thankful I had this opportunity. You can work up to 12 hours a day/ 70 hours a week. Only one day off per week. Pay is low, but you don't pay for living, food, or alcohol. There is a dress code, you MUST follow it.
Pros
Everything is free
Cons
Long work days
Long days and a lifestyle but fun
Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Dominican RepublicSeptember 28, 2015
You work very long hours but it can easily be considered not working by different people's standards. Great job to make connections but management and resort quality will vary greatly from what I hear.
Club is a very good school in the tourism industry
Set Design and Decorator (Former Employee) –  Albion MauritiusApril 27, 2015
It is a very good to place to learn how to live with different people and being like a big family also very important, you learn how to go towards people and create links
Pros
buffet at the restaurant is amazing
Cons
health care and self organized
friendly environment
G.E/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLApril 11, 2015
great friendly enviornment, wonderful management and employees, beautiful facility. It was just a fun place to work in general but you do work long hours and when they go out of season there really isn't any work and they start laying people off
Fun place to work
Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 25, 2015
Had a great 12 years at Club Med and was able to travel to places that I would have never been able to go to. The clubs were pretty primitive when I worked there but that was what Club Med was all about. I worked in many departments and loved all my co-workers. The management was very helpful especially to the "phone" associates who were dealing with the public. Every department I worked in was a fun, professional area to work.
Pros
great trips
Cons
short lunches
Fun Job, Lots of Work
Assistant Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJanuary 1, 2015
be ready to work from the moment you wake up to the moment you go to bed.
Crazy place !
Practitioner Shiatsu (Former Employee) –  La Palmyre and Meribel, FRANCENovember 18, 2014
- Shiatsu massage.
- Cashier.
- Participate in special events and activities.

Want to know more about Club Med?

Ask a question
Interesting place
Clinic Assistant (Medical Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Club MedNovember 1, 2014
This was a very outstanding all inclusive international resort. I learned a lot about different cultures. I was fortunate to work with fine people from other countries and utilize my french speaking skills their. I love being around people and placing smiles on their face so that made me happy indeed.
Fun and exciting job
G.O Baby Club, Dancer, Night Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLOctober 26, 2014
Club Med is a high end French resort. I work long days and on get one day off a week, but it has become a lifestyle of mine. I interact with the guests all day, and I am in 4 to 5 shows a week dancing. I help lead the beginning of the night party.
Pros
Free food, free room, free alcohol
Cons
Work all day, only one day off a week.
Many things to do from circus stuff to water sports and everything in between.
Child Care (Former Employee) –  Sandpiper, FloridaOctober 23, 2014
I would watch over kids between the ages of 2 and 12. I mostly worked with 4-5 year olds. I would assist the kids in partaking in fun activities, eating, and preforming. I learned how to work with children for long periods of time due to the amount I worked. The hardest part of the job was the long hours, working from 9 am till 10 pm with about 2 hours of break. I enjoyed working with kids and the overall atmosphere that Club Med had. Having fun was part of the job.
Large international company with small company, personal feel
Business Development Manager - Mid Atlantic Region (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 18, 2014
Business Development Manager role gave me the opportunity to be "CEO" of my territory, to develop and implement new strategies, and to grow as a marketing and sales professional.
International work environment with free room and board
Senior Audio Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Salvador, PROctober 14, 2014
Despite the long hours, life on the resort is abundant with an entertaining crowd.
Pros
80% Medical reimbursement
Cons
Long work hours, little time for social life
learn a lot
Waiter (Former Employee) –  port st lucieSeptember 23, 2014
Club Méditerranée, commonly known as Club Med, is a French corporation of vacation resorts found in many parts of the world, usually in exotic locations. It is considered the original all-inclusive resort. Wikipedia
Pros
nice hours
Cons
lot of hours
Bitter Sweet place to work
Traffic Manager - Social Entertainer (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJune 9, 2014
If you are between the age of 21-30 this is a great escape from reality. It's as if your on an Island and nothing else matters. The job of a GO starts the moment you leave the Employee quarters and end when you return. Most day start at 7:30 am and do not end until 10:30 - 11 pm. Of course you have your two meal breaks during the day but you are responsible to wake up early enough for your first meal. You get to interact with the guest and join them for meals. It's a really laid back feel but do not think you are on vacation with activities you must participate in all day you do not have time to relax. From Kids activities to dance shows to hosting poker tournaments to dancing the night away with the guests. Your job is a social entertainer and only objective "is to make the people dreaming" - Lionel Pirotte, CDV.
Pros
Room and Board included plus fitness classes and Circus Lessons. Great Experience
Cons
Short breaks, only one day off, low pay, and some other things
Professional and friendly workplace with a great staff performing a much needed service for customers.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJanuary 16, 2014
A typical day at work started with me setting up the store for the day and making sure everything was clean and stocked. Once we had the store open I would make sure all customer information had been imputed and updated. Throughout the day I would keep inventory stocked while helping customers find exactly what they needed as well as educating them on the product. Before I left the store I would do a full inventory count and would order more if necessary.
My staff was just a pleasure to work with, really friendly people who were knowledgeable about the products in the store.
The staff and I were always learning new things having to keep up with the advancements in the medical industry.
The hardest part of my job was hearing some of our customers personal problems with loved ones and their own medical issues. The only other difficulties were making sure all employees were happy with their schedules while trying to also make sure it didn't interrupt with their school schedules or personal life.
Definitely the most satisfaction I receive from working here is helping out customers to find the perfect things to help them with their medical issues. I absolutely loved it when a customer would come back and tell me how much I helped them by educating them on the products and finding them the perfect one.
Pros
Was so close to alot of very great resturantes and was a very relaxing inviroment.
Cons
Really had no time for a break or even to eat your lunch, just had to push thru the day.
Experience of a life time
Restaurant Manager, Florida location (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLNovember 19, 2013
I would recommend anyone in their 20's to spend 6 months working for club med. You learn all about teamwork.
Fun
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLNovember 16, 2013
Was up at 5 am to prepare for the restaurant opening to make sure the clientele was well satisfied with there vacation experience.
Set up lunch and dinner buffet decorations for client satifaction and theme nights.
Went above and beyond to make sure that the client was satisfied with all aspects of their vacation.
Pros
location
Cons
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Club Med. Our community is ready to answer.