Club Med Employee Reviews

Two Thumbs Up
Manager - Front of the House (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLSeptember 6, 2017
Truly enjoyed the travel opportunities that this employee provided for professional growth learning opportunities. Highly recommend this employee to anyone looking to work in the food industry.
meeting guests from all the world, great opportunies to travel the world
fine dining server (Former Employee) –  USAJuly 21, 2017
Performed opening and closing routines
Taking and serving customer orders
Cleaned and cleared tables
Replenished fridges and stock
Checked identification of customers ensuring that they met age requirements for purchase of alcohol
Performed routine housekeeping duties
Handled cash and other forms of tender
Customer Service
Pros
meeting guests from all over the world, opportunites to learn and experience new cultures and lanuages
Cons
not always enough hours due to busy season and non busy season
paradise
Buffet Chef (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJanuary 23, 2017
This is probably the one place id have to say i miss and am sorry i dont still work there today.beautiful kitchens, all the equipment you could need, culture and diversity from the multicultural staff from all over the world.
Pros
free staff meal.we sat and ate and drank together as a family every night
Cons
some training issues.. not major
very interactive work place also very team friendly
Server and Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLJuly 23, 2016
My daily duties here consisted of tending to well over 800 guest a day along with seating them ,removing dishes from tables , assisting them with what ever it was that they needed, and to smile while doing it :).
I was also required to gather and place all the utensils and materials needed to set up both lunch and dinner tables in a timed period.
During the serving ,resetting and or bussing task we were also required a separate task as well everyday. Weather it was keeping ice inside the soda machine cleaning the runner stations or making sure the whole restaurant(1000 seats total) had water pitchers out and ready it was your daily responsibility.
before i was a server i was a steward. There it was my responsibility to have the dishes washed and ready conveyor belt style. This job also had janitorial requirements of keeping the building clean and sanitized

In my opinion the management was poor due to not having enough team members on the floor during events, managers comming and leaving, not being prepared for large groups until they came, and overall planning. However these slight downfalls were enough to motivate me to try harder and to do what needs to be done.
Pros
free lunch, wide vareity of people, tips
Cons
poor manegment
Meet all kinds of amazing people
Baker (Former Employee) –  Turks and caaicosJuly 8, 2016
Beautiful, fun and very hard work. You will work with people from all over the world. You will work a MINIMUM of eight hours a day. You will really learn time management. The hardest part of the job was adjusting the heat. My are was not air conditioned
Pros
Variety of people
Cons
Very old equipment
Fun way to travel the world
Landsport intructor (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 10, 2016
If your interested in taking 2 or 3 years out of your professional life to go travel the world, this is the position for you. Food, drinks, and dormitory style rooms included. typically 14-16 hours a day for typically under $1000 per month, except for managers. You can move to a different resort every year worked ( two 6 month seasons) Usually you will work at a resort within your continent for your first year.
Pros
3 free meals a day. Free alcohol at night if you are with guests
Cons
Short breaks. Work nights everyday. Low Pay. 16 hour work days. 6 days a week
una experiencia enriquecedora
Responsable adjunta del baby club (Former Employee) –  punta canaJune 1, 2016
tenia colegas de todas partes del mundo, era multicultural y eso me gustaba mucho

me gustaba mucho lo que hacia porque guardaba a bebes de 4 meses hasta 3 anos

lo que menos me gustaba es que trabajabamos 6 dias sobre 7, de por la manana hasta por la noche porque por la noche teniamos que participar a la animacion, como por ejemplo hacer espectaculos... etc. En si me encantaba este trabajo pero era cansado
Bon et mauvais côté
Serveur et aide chef de cuisine (Former Employee) –  Bavaro punta canaFebruary 27, 2016
Très bien payer mais pas de contrat qui dure plus de 3 mois
très bon horaire , possibilité de travailler au temps qui vous convient
grâce aux horaire multiples dans cet hotel
Pros
repas gratuit, il y a contrat interne et externe aux choix
Cons
pas de contrat plus de trois mois
amazing opportunity
Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  various locations worldwideNovember 17, 2015
13-18 work days
managing multiple bars of various size staff from multiple cultures and languages
learned how to handle people of different culture and customs, cost control, profitability, sales ideas, problem solving
Pros
free room and board
Cons
small salary, long hours, restricted freedom
Fun place
Water Sports and Assistant Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLNovember 5, 2015
If you're looking to escape the real world, but still work your butt off this is the place! Be mindful- it is a French owned company and ran like one. Things can change at the snap of a finger. Be flexible, open minded, and work hard. It will give you an experience you can't get anywhere else. Its TOUGH, but really rewarding. You meet AMAZING people and make great connections that can further your career outside of club med. I am so thankful I had this opportunity. You can work up to 12 hours a day/ 70 hours a week. Only one day off per week. Pay is low, but you don't pay for living, food, or alcohol. There is a dress code, you MUST follow it.
Pros
Everything is free
Cons
Long work days
Long days and a lifestyle but fun
Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Dominican RepublicSeptember 28, 2015
You work very long hours but it can easily be considered not working by different people's standards. Great job to make connections but management and resort quality will vary greatly from what I hear.
Great if you young and want to save some money
GO Reception (Former Employee) –  europeJune 30, 2015
As many works in tourism at Club Med you work long hours, the salary is ok even if does not match with the work load! As a Receptionist you will be required to spend time with guest and have dinner with them outside your working hours also perform in shows!

For couple of season is good for saving money as your salary is clean after food and accommodation expenses but I don't see it as a life job!

It is a great experience that can provide you with a base working for receptions
Pros
save money, meet new people, live in a resort
Cons
long work hours, managers not always organized, force to spend time with customers outside working hours
Club is a very good school in the tourism industry
Set Design and Decorator (Former Employee) –  Albion MauritiusApril 27, 2015
It is a very good to place to learn how to live with different people and being like a big family also very important, you learn how to go towards people and create links
Pros
buffet at the restaurant is amazing
Cons
health care and self organized
friendly environment
G.E/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLApril 11, 2015
great friendly enviornment, wonderful management and employees, beautiful facility. It was just a fun place to work in general but you do work long hours and when they go out of season there really isn't any work and they start laying people off
Fun place to work
Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 25, 2015
Had a great 12 years at Club Med and was able to travel to places that I would have never been able to go to. The clubs were pretty primitive when I worked there but that was what Club Med was all about. I worked in many departments and loved all my co-workers. The management was very helpful especially to the "phone" associates who were dealing with the public. Every department I worked in was a fun, professional area to work.
Pros
great trips
Cons
short lunches
Fun Job, Lots of Work
Assistant Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJanuary 1, 2015
be ready to work from the moment you wake up to the moment you go to bed.
Crazy place !
Practitioner Shiatsu (Former Employee) –  La Palmyre and Meribel, FRANCENovember 18, 2014
- Shiatsu massage.
- Cashier.
- Participate in special events and activities.
Interesting place
Clinic Assistant (Medical Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Club MedNovember 1, 2014
This was a very outstanding all inclusive international resort. I learned a lot about different cultures. I was fortunate to work with fine people from other countries and utilize my french speaking skills their. I love being around people and placing smiles on their face so that made me happy indeed.
Fun and exciting job
G.O Baby Club, Dancer, Night Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLOctober 26, 2014
Club Med is a high end French resort. I work long days and on get one day off a week, but it has become a lifestyle of mine. I interact with the guests all day, and I am in 4 to 5 shows a week dancing. I help lead the beginning of the night party.
Pros
Free food, free room, free alcohol
Cons
Work all day, only one day off a week.
Many things to do from circus stuff to water sports and everything in between.
Child Care (Former Employee) –  Sandpiper, FloridaOctober 23, 2014
I would watch over kids between the ages of 2 and 12. I mostly worked with 4-5 year olds. I would assist the kids in partaking in fun activities, eating, and preforming. I learned how to work with children for long periods of time due to the amount I worked. The hardest part of the job was the long hours, working from 9 am till 10 pm with about 2 hours of break. I enjoyed working with kids and the overall atmosphere that Club Med had. Having fun was part of the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Club Med. Our community is ready to answer.