CLUB MED

CLUB MED Employer Reviews

Fun Job, Lots of Work
Assistant Bar Manager (Former Employee), Port Saint Lucie, FLJanuary 1, 2015
be ready to work from the moment you wake up to the moment you go to bed.
Crazy place !
Practitioner Shiatsu (Former Employee), La Palmyre and Meribel, FRANCENovember 18, 2014
- Shiatsu massage.
- Cashier.
- Participate in special events and activities.
Interesting place
Clinic Assistant (Medical Assistant) (Former Employee), Club MedNovember 1, 2014
This was a very outstanding all inclusive international resort. I learned a lot about different cultures. I was fortunate to work with fine people from other countries and utilize my french speaking skills their. I love being around people and placing smiles on their face so that made me happy indeed.
Fun and exciting job
G.O Baby Club, Dancer, Night Event Coordinator (Current Employee), Port Saint Lucie, FLOctober 26, 2014
Pros: free food, free room, free alcohol
Cons: work all day, only one day off a week.
Club Med is a high end French resort. I work long days and on get one day off a week, but it has become a lifestyle of mine. I interact with the guests all day, and I am in 4 to 5 shows a week dancing. I help lead the beginning of the night party.
Many things to do from circus stuff to water sports and everything in between.
Child Care (Former Employee), Sandpiper, FloridaOctober 23, 2014
I would watch over kids between the ages of 2 and 12. I mostly worked with 4-5 year olds. I would assist the kids in partaking in fun activities, eating, and preforming. I learned how to work with children for long periods of time due to the amount I worked. The hardest part of the job was the long hours, working from 9 am till 10 pm with about 2 hours of break. I enjoyed working with kids and the overall atmosphere that Club Med had. Having fun was part of the job.
Large international company with small company, personal feel
Business Development Manager - Mid Atlantic Region (Former Employee), Miami, FLOctober 18, 2014
Business Development Manager role gave me the opportunity to be "CEO" of my territory, to develop and implement new strategies, and to grow as a marketing and sales professional.
International work environment with free room and board
Senior Audio Engineer (Current Employee), San Salvador, PROctober 14, 2014
Pros: 80% medical reimbursement
Cons: long work hours, little time for social life
Despite the long hours, life on the resort is abundant with an entertaining crowd.
learn a lot
Waiter (Former Employee), port st lucieSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: nice hours
Cons: lot of hours
Club Méditerranée, commonly known as Club Med, is a French corporation of vacation resorts found in many parts of the world, usually in exotic locations. It is considered the original all-inclusive resort. Wikipedia
Bitter Sweet place to work
Traffic Manager - Social Entertainer (Former Employee), Port Saint Lucie, FLJune 9, 2014
Pros: room and board included plus fitness classes and circus lessons. great experience
Cons: short breaks, only one day off, low pay, and some other things
If you are between the age of 21-30 this is a great escape from reality. It's as if your on an Island and nothing else matters. The job of a GO starts the moment you leave the Employee quarters and end when you return. Most day start at 7:30 am and do not end until 10:30 - 11 pm. Of course you have your two meal breaks during the day but you are responsible to wake up early enough for your first meal. You get to interact with the guest and join them for meals. It's a really laid back feel but do not think you are on vacation with activities you must participate in all day you do not have time to relax. From Kids activities to dance shows to hosting poker tournaments to dancing the night away with the guests. Your job is a social entertainer and only objective "is to make the people dreaming" - Lionel Pirotte, CDV.
Professional and friendly workplace with a great staff performing a much needed service for customers.
General Manager (Current Employee), Woodland Hills, CAJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: was so close to alot of very great resturantes and was a very relaxing inviroment.
Cons: really had no time for a break or even to eat your lunch, just had to push thru the day.
A typical day at work started with me setting up the store for the day and making sure everything was clean and stocked. Once we had the store open I would make sure all customer information had been imputed and updated. Throughout the day I would keep inventory stocked while helping customers find exactly what they needed as well as educating them on the product. Before I left the store I would do a full inventory count and would order more if necessary.
My staff was just a pleasure to work with, really friendly people who were knowledgeable about the products in the store.
The staff and I were always learning new things having to keep up with the advancements in the medical industry.
The hardest part of my job was hearing some of our customers personal problems with loved ones and their own medical issues. The only other difficulties were making sure all employees were happy with their schedules while trying to also make sure it didn't interrupt with their school schedules or personal life.
Definitely the most satisfaction I receive from working here is helping out customers to find the perfect things to help them with their medical issues. I absolutely loved it when a customer would come back and tell me how much I helped them by educating them on the products and finding them the perfect one.
Experience of a life time
Restaurant Manager, Florida location (Former Employee), Port Saint Lucie, FLNovember 19, 2013
I would recommend anyone in their 20's to spend 6 months working for club med. You learn all about teamwork.
Fun
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), Port Saint Lucie, FLNovember 16, 2013
Pros: location
Cons: pay
Was up at 5 am to prepare for the restaurant opening to make sure the clientele was well satisfied with there vacation experience.
Set up lunch and dinner buffet decorations for client satifaction and theme nights.
Went above and beyond to make sure that the client was satisfied with all aspects of their vacation.
challenges because Club Med has a culture all its own
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), San Salvador, BahamasAugust 7, 2013
Pros: position guaranteed three meals a day and opportunity to attend club guests functions
Cons: demands on personal time was great
Tour of the Club each morning ensure various departments up to par.
Handle employee/management concerns.

Dealt with expatriate payroll separate from line staff payroll and
benefits.

Enforce organizational policies for both segments

Daily interaction with guests and GOs. Lunch and Dinners. Participated in all aspects of Club life.

Along with staff promoted Bahamian cultural events.

Seminars and employee awards.

Worked with a variety of people from cultures all over the world which was very interesting and rewarding. Formed lasting friendships.

Also was forced to hire persons from various family islands which added diversity to the team on many levels.

Most of the time spent at the Club not much time for personal life. However, not a major problem.
Team oriented work place
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Port st. Lucie FlJuly 21, 2013
Pros: free lunch everyday
Cons: no other break besides lunch
I would do a number of different things everyday, they would rotate each team member to a different task each day. Some days I would work the dishwasher, and others I would clean the kitchen or the dining area.
productive fun vere good place to work i like it
head baker (Former Employee), Cuba, MOMay 2, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: 30 mins breaks
It was a lot of work but it was also alot fot fun i enjoyable comeing to ever day it was the best job i had
lovely people to work with
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Linderman IslandApril 2, 2013
Pros: you got to do the things that the guest did on the island on your day off like sailing, kayak, archery, golf and more
Cons: there was none
you did housekeeping duties such as make beds ,clean bathroom ,clean linen and towels ,refill fridge tea coffee ,vacume and mop floors wash windows dust wipe surfaces management and co-workers were great to work with the hardest part of the job was to not enteract with the guest the most enjoyable part of the job was keeping the guest happy and having fun with them.
Beautiful
Sous Chef, Chef de Partie, Garde Manager (Former Employee), Cancun, Bahamas, USA, Dominican RepublicDecember 23, 2012
Pros: the travel
Cons: long long hours in the heat.
My typical day in Club Med was not a typical day. I was employed for 8 years and enjoyed everyday. The work involved well, where can i start. I prepared meals for over 600 people daily, in Punta Cana we exceeded over 1700 people daily. Turks and Caicos we had over 500 people daily as is the same for the Club in the Bahamas.
The best part was gaining knowledge from working with Chefs from all over the world. And we made some magical food. Amazing.
teach ski in Colorado
Water sports instructor (Former Employee), Crested Butte, COOctober 28, 2012
Pros: great ski-ing in colorado
Cons: seasonal
teach sk-ing, takle catre of the international customers, security, fun
Fun for traveling and experience
Chef de Partie (Current Employee), Port Saint Lucie, FLSeptember 9, 2012
Its a different lifestyle than anyone is used to. A typlical day at Club Med is very long almost 12 hours a day and you live on the resort. Management is somewaht organized. The hardest part of the job is working six days a week, the most enjoyable part of the job would be getting to meet people from all over the world and guest also.
Vacation environment work place, production of high volume of gourmet food
Chef de Partie (Former Employee), Port Sainte Lucie, FloridaJune 26, 2012
Pros: living expenses and entertainment are free, paid vacation between season
Cons: exhausted after very long hours of work, hard to enjoy
great work fun environment, great training ground, professionals from around the world for the kitchen team, must participate in club entertainment, long hours of work make it difficult to enjoy setting sometimes.

About CLUB MED

At least one company knows there is something medicinal about a beach vacation. Club Méditerranée, popularly known as Club Med, – Read more