Club One Employee Reviews in United States

Upbeat Environment
Fitness Specialist (Former Employee) –  South Beach, FLApril 14, 2016
This was a great place to work as far as personal training and group fitness. The front desk pay was not the best but making money from training and group fitness evened out. It is a plus to be able to speak Spanish at this facility. Management has changed since I was there, but I highly recommend this for a try!
Pros
Steady hours
Cons
Many clients for training speak Spanish so it may be difficult to communicate if you do not.
Fun place to work and a very positive environment.
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 21, 2013
In a typical day I check in members to the club, count in and close out the register every shift, help members with sign ups, scheduling services and appointments, membership resignations, inventory and sales. The management is scarce, I hardly ever see them. But they are very aware of our actions and how we treat the members. All of my co workers are motivated individuals who work hard and are enjoyable to be around. The hardest part of my job is making sure all of the messages we take at the desk get to the write person so they can be handled. The most enjoyable part is greeting members and interacting with them making sure they are having the best experience we can provide.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
no breaks, no benefits
Club one is a great job for someone who needs flexible hours
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 10, 2014
It a great place for networking,but not for advancement. Unless your career is an instructor,this is a place to gain experience and move on, or to have in conjunction with another job that actually pays the bills. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with members,and the hardest part was managing the front desk and the rushes.
great work pl;ace
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 17, 2012
a day at work was easy and fun i got to be in a card room all day what more can i ask for. what i learned from this job is that if there's no people there's no need for more security. the management was magnificent they went above and beyond for any requests you had. i got along with most of my co-workers they were all very friendly. there was nothing to hard about this job if i had to pick it would of been denying the homeless entry to go to the restroom just because i like to be fair to all humans homeless or not.
Extreme care with this job
Child Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Silvercreek sportsplex, San JoseJanuary 9, 2013
The employees are over worked and the management team does not care for their employees. They hire and fire many times during the week, Most will never see the same people twice. The child care attendants are the extremely overworked with no breaks. Too many kids with no help and scheduled activities. The managers do not help at all, keep eyes open.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
no breaks, have to maintain upper class status
A great environment to work as a team with other individuals
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San JoseMay 20, 2014
The typical work day at Club One includes constant customer service and appreciation. At Club One, the number one priority is to make sure that our members our satisfied and accommodated. Club One taught me how to work well with others in order to achieve a greater goal. In addition, it taught me how to build and manage relationships by interacting with our club members. The management staff at Club One is decent to say the least. Their concerns don't transcend to the service desk, so a lot of the material I learned while working here was through trial and error. My co-workers are what made working at Club One enjoyable. We all had great relationships that required us to help one another out as much as we possibly could. The most difficult task associated with Club One was properly using and understanding the Motion Soft (MoSo) operating system. Computers have become an integral part of today's average workplace, and being able to use one properly can be difficult to both learn and execute. The most enjoyable part of working at Club One was undoubtedly the relationships that were created over time. Meeting new members and working with exceptional employees made going to exciting.
Pros
exciting workplace
Cons
lack of help from management
Relaxed and easy going
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 23, 2013
Management is hand on but not over bearing, coworkers at friendly. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the towels. The most enjoyable part of the job is the easy going pace.
Pros
free membership and use of the club
Cons
healthcare
Nice place to work
Marketing Promotions Party Manager (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CAJune 6, 2012
Management, does not have any loyalty to employees, cuts corners in quality and service to customers. I do not think they will be in business longer than another year.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
high employee turn around
Solid company with great benefits
Director of Performance Training/Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 21, 2013
Biggest benefit was having access to their gyms for working out. Management was attentive.
Pros
can work independently
Cons
pay was average for the industry
Fun place to work
Service Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAFebruary 26, 2014
Mornings were the best, meet and greet everyone all throughout the day. Smiles were always given and received. My favorite moments were, getting out from behind the desk and speaking one on one with customers and their children.
Great learning experience
Childcare (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 25, 2014
I loved working for this company but at times I felt I was treated unfairly.
Great Staff
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CAAugust 19, 2013
Long lifeguard shifts but great staff that helped keep the gym running smoothly.