Club Z Tutoring Employee Reviews in United States

Great job.
Tutor students (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJune 29, 2016
The coordinator was great to work with in setting up and assisting me with my tutoring assignment.
Loved working with the the students.
Pros
clear goals, open communication, friendly manager, ability to be creative in instructional process, flexible hours
Cons
NA
A great place to work.
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 16, 2016
Club Z is a great place to work because it has friendly workers who find great students to work with. It is a wonderful place to work
Great temporary job
Private Tutor (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 19, 2016
A great place to work for individuals in between school programs or pursuing further education. Flexible schedules and good management.
Flexible tutor hours; one on one in home setting
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXApril 24, 2016
I enjoyed working for Club Z Tutoring, The hours were flexible and the families I worked for were very supportive of their child's education and my time spent with them. There was a positive work environment, very professional. My boss was wonderful to work for. She was extremely helpful making sure that we always had open communication. There was open communication between tutor, family, child, and my boss.
Pros
positive work environment, flexible schedule
Cons
I don't have any cons
Bad Vibes
English/Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Olyphant, PANovember 23, 2015
Same as the other review. The governance of company was low level and never did good for their specified purpose. Pay was shaky and the owners were impossible to deal with.
Jingo game is played like Bingo for Phonics and Verb learning
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Hanford CAAugust 7, 2015
My hrs. were my choice of how I spent my day. I scheduled students according to mine/their day ie. appts., illnesses, etc.Each student received one hr. per session. I was not micro-managed and did not have co-workers with me; each of us worked independently. The management staff were accommodating and provided materials we needed for our tutoring planning. They also had an open door policy for any family problems we were having. They hardest part of my job was going into areas that I did not frequent at other times during my day. The students were great as were most of the parents cooperative. I enjoyed seeing the student progress and open up to see learning as a gift for their future advancement to the next grade level. It was a fun job!.
Pros
PT schedule, days off set by school, summers off too
Cons
Foggy days, illnesses or sick students, parents forgetting to follow the scheule we set
Elementary Tutor
Reading and Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  El Lago, TXJuly 31, 2015
Assigned elementary students that need help in Math and Reading,
Steady supply of Students. Manager is Educated PhD and knows what he is doing. Great pay 20/hr. Good students. Independent Contractors and it is easy to turn in timesheets online. The most enjoyable part of the Job was seeing children improve
I had many opportunities of growth and learning
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 28, 2015
During the time that i had the privilege to work at club Z, i interacted with many people and children which enriched my life in may positive ways.
I really enjoy my work with Club Z
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 28, 2015
I would drive to the home of my student, once I arrive, I would unpack my supplies for the day (readings, worksheets, projects, etc) and the student and I would typically start the lesson. After the lesson, I would converse with the parent/guardian about the students progress, homework, areas that should be focused on and would get my tutoring report signed by the client. I work very short shifts, usually just a session here or there, that I schedule at my own leisure. Only downside is - as a good tutor - your students loose the need for you after a while and I find myself getting less and less hours the better I do my job. But overall, very rewarding work in the field I plan to stay in - elementary (possibly special) education.
Pros
Great kids, great experience
Cons
little hours and advancement
Independent Contract Tutor
Private Tutor/Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 27, 2015
Working with Club Z after relocating to Indianapolis has been a wonderful experience. Being your own boss comes with it's perks and quirks, but the staff at Club Z was phenomenal.
Great
Science Tutor (Current Employee) –  Staten IslandJanuary 13, 2015
Teach Students is a fun and rewarding career. Visiting students houses, reviewing homework assignments and studying for exams.

Hardest part of the job is time restraints.

Most enjoyable is finding out my student has achieved their goals
Loved tutoring kids.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 18, 2014
Tutored elementary students in math and reading. 1st. through 5th. grades. Did a little bit of phonics and a lot of addition, multiplication, subtraction and division.
Pros
enjoyed working with the kids and seeing their accomplishments.
Cons
part-time, no benefits.
Review Summary
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 4, 2014
A typical day consists of tutoring one or more kids a day at their home with there parent present. I have learned how to become a better mentor and tutor myself in teaching kinda better skills to acquire knowledge. Although I enjoy my job, at times it is very difficult to get a hold of my boss, and communicate with her since she lives so far away. The hardest part of my job is making sure I provide the best quality of service and help to my students to ensure that they are actually learning something. The best part of my job is knowing that I can truly make a difference in a child's life.
Pros
the pay rate
Cons
not being able to communicate with my boss physically
Very flexible
Professional Tutor (Former Employee) –  Mauldin, SCApril 3, 2014
Worked closely with several students, usually in the after school hours but some adult students I met with privately. This is a very rewarding position!
Pros
good pay rate per hour
Cons
have to drive between sessions; gas and travel time is not paid.
Good experience
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INMarch 13, 2014
I would go and tutor the high school students in Mathematics and Science.
I learned about the way of teaching.
Since it was home tutoring I had to commute to students houses which was the hardest part for me.
Pros
free fuel.
Cons
commuting
Excellent opportunity to tutor academics to preschool-high school students
Tutor/Mentor (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCJanuary 22, 2014
Pay is low!!! Private tutors charge $50.00-$75.00/hour. Improved my academic skills. The hardest part of the job is time traveling to student's home for tutoring. Do not work with co-workers. Students are tutored one on one. Parents are available within the home.

On several occassions, the Owner/Operator did not process my paychecks through Club Z accounting. Had to contact her and received a company check through the mail. No direct deposit. If Owner/Operator is out of town either for business or pleasure, my paycheck is delayed at least by one week. Disappointed with accounting issues.
Pros
one on one with student
Cons
driving to homes that are at least 15 miles away and not reimbursed for gas.
Good for College Students
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Buena Park, CAJanuary 9, 2014
Able to adjust your schedule to your needs

Most of the children are eager to learn

Sometimes it's difficult to get a job assignment

Not for someone who is looking for something permanent
This is an owners review
Owner (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MADecember 18, 2013
Enjoyed working with hundreds of tutors/teachers over the years.
Pros
enjoyment helping children learn
Cons
some parents would not allow their child to receive free tutoring.
Really enjoyed working for this company!
Professional Tutor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 2, 2013
This company puts the students first and also take great care of their employees.
Tutor
Tutor/Educator (Current Employee) –  VariesNovember 14, 2013
The job with Club Z is tutoring 7-12 grade students. Enjoy it very much however, having graduated from Saddleback College and taking the CA State Nursing Exam, I am now an RN in the state of CA, NV and AZ (NV and AZ within the next 2 weeks).
Pros
enjoy teaching/tutoring
Cons
no benefits; not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Club Z Tutoring. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3