ClubCorp Employee Reviews

Excellent Company
Bar Manager (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GAFebruary 9, 2016
A typical day.. making sure guests are happy, that there’s plenty of stock behind the bar and that your staff knows how to provide great service. But, as with any time served behind a bar, there’s a lot more to it than that….

I've learned... Pick something you will enjoy and excel in it. Gain the boss’s trust by mastering the little stuff. Raise your hand for the bigger stuff.

Hardest part.. Not letting my passion for the industry control my emotions.

Management.. Awesome and inspiring management team!!! Make you want to be the best you can be.

Most enjoyable.. When the place feels like my home; when the guests and staff are happy and things are going smoothly.
comfortable work environment
Outside Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lakeway, TXMarch 2, 2016
There little supervision in this job. You are expected to preform your responsibilities well and that leads to a self directed environment.
Pros
self directed work
Cons
no benefits or opportunity to grow
Excellent
Vice President, Regional Manager, General Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 2, 2016
16 years with a great company and great people. Most relevant thing learned was the importance of the people on your team and sharing with them the vision of the company and their role in the success. The private club business is very enjoyable because of the relationships formed with team members and Members.
fun work place, they really take care of there people
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 22, 2016
they found out that I have disabilities and they work with it instead of being like '' oh you have problems I cant help you, if you cant do it then you cant work here.'' they really helped me.
Fun place to work but poor pay
Private Event Director (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 1, 2014
As a private event director ClubCorp was a fun job. It is a bit demanding on your schedule as you not only have to sell the venue, but you also have to foster relationships with the membership which requires additional time outside of your normal job function. The people who work for the company were my favorite part! We had a great team and I now have amazing friendships as a result. The incentive sales trip is always fun and worth going to. The major downside is the pay. ClubCorp does not offer a competitive salary to other hotels and venues in the area. The pay isn't worth the long hours and stress endured.
Its not bad.
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 25, 2016
Its a great job depending on your position and the team whom you work with. Great if you have a family but if you have drive of making 100K year, pretty difficult unless you're a GM or been there 20+ years. All and all, not bad but insurance is pretty expensive.
Pros
Good food
Cons
Lack of drug testing for employees.
Nice work environment
Director of Membership Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Skillman, NJSeptember 16, 2015
Most enjoyable part of the job is interaction with members-ClubCorp is a large publicly traded company-company provides career growth if you would like to move up
Pros
Beautiful work environment
great fun work place
jai dinning (Former Employee) –  Tye, TXNovember 15, 2015
Awesome job good management good money lots of fun easy place to work great music and great co worker's. Friendly environment. A lot of great friends and awesome security guys. Always felt safe.
Pros
great tips
Cons
fights
Great culture
Tournament Coordinator/Assistant Golf Professional (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 6, 2016
Great team to work with. Unique environment and great membership. I have been working here for two years and have had a very positive experience.
they provided drinks, snacks,plates, plasticware, and more goodies
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 16, 2015
Picking up mail from the post office and sorting it for delivery.

I've learned how to multitask and to deal with various personalities.
I managed both Mailroom and Copy Center

I love assisting our coworkers, whatever their request is I will make sure to complete the job asap and deliver it to them.

The hardest part of my job were the printers, they always needed maintence ,so most of our calls and problems were the printers.

I really enjoyed working with all our coworkers at ClubCorp
we were like family.
Pros
free snacks, drinks and other goodies
Cons
healthcare to expensive
Productive and enjoyable
Tennis Instructor (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, TXMarch 23, 2015
A typical day at work will be to gather all the equipment and set them up so when the kids start their lesson everything is ready.
I have learned to be very patient, and to always give my best on every situation.
The management is very organized.
My co-workers are always there to help and do what they are supposed to do.
The hardest part of the job is to keep all the kids entertained.
The most enjoyable part of the job is to see the kids improve their tennis skills and actually enjoy it.
Wonderful opportunity to acquire business relationships
Director of First Impressions (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 17, 2013
A typical day at work involved the meet and greet of the private business clubs' members, guests, vendors, co-workers, and management. I scheduled dining reservations, forwarded phone calls to the appropriate departments, communicated via e-mail and written correspondence, attended weekly management meetings and planned club events that were scheduled regularly to secure membership retention.

I was originally hired as the Front Desk Receptionist and was trained and certified in ClubCorps' Member Services program, as-well-as, their Director of First Impressions program resulting in my promotion to both positions. I have learned the skills required to implement exemplary Customer Service to all clients including high-end VIP clients.

The hardest part of the job was considering it as work and the most enjoyable part of my job was my interaction with everyone I came in contact with on a daily basis. I thoroughly enjoy making others feel good.
Pros
free meals, attending club and social events and establishing wonderful relationships with others.
Cons
taking work home which was of my own volition
Enjoyable work environment, great people and take care of employees
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAApril 27, 2015
Great place to work in the golf and country club industry. Interacted with many people through out the day including the club members, department heads and management. Multitasking on several different computer programs including ADP for payroll, Oracle for AP and AR, and point of sale systems, Prophetline for golf shop and Aloha for the F&B department. Prepared daily cash deposits and reconciled daily sales. Paid and reconciled vendor invoices, kept files and prepared member statements. Assisted members with taking their monthly payments, including running automatic payments and other credit card payments in Orbital and questions about charges on their accounts. Constant training was available from the corporate offices on all different applications required to do the job. Was responsible for the clubs SOX compliance and responding to the internal audit of the club in 2014. Receive a rating of satisfactory, which was the highest possible score. Also responsible for keeping up the bad debt ledger and working with the collection agency. Good communication was key in this position and maintaining good working relationships with all of my coworkers.
Sounds like a dream until you get hired.
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  DallasFebruary 19, 2014
They hire you on saying that in 6 months you can advance to a better job in corporate or at one of their clubs. In four years only 2 people, who had to go behind management's back, left my department for a different one. Over 50 people applied for different jobs every time the job opening vanished or it was magically filled by the time the interview was set up. Management was never on the same page and had the habit of talking down to employees. The pay was not that bad and we had bonuses. My co-workers were great. The hardest part was they wanted you to assist members, but yelled at you when you took too long.
Pros
access to country clubs and dining clubs. pay tier, co-workers
Cons
management, constantly changing rules and expectations, favoritism
Expanded my career from Corporate Market to Social
Director of Catering and Private Events (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 4, 2013
This job was a stepping stone. I went from managing a team of 5 and planning conventions to running the department by myself and handling only the social market. The environment was like family and so it was a world away from where I came. I thought this would be an easy learning curve, but was wrong! The social market is actually harder than the corporate world as you are dealing with a single person who has never planned a wedding, for example, rather than a seasoned meeting planner.
Pros
great life/work balance
Cons
no advancement
Hostile work environment with little room for advancement and undeserved favoritism.
Golf professional (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 3, 2014
Hostile management even though golf department delivered. GM played golf a lot and did not lead. Fear by co workers and constant looking for work by all management personnel . Sounds like a terrific culture until u start to work there .
Pros
great golf course
Cons
corporate culture, cut throat environment.
Great Opportunity
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 16, 2015
Grow your career. An excellent opportunity to grow and expand your career with fellow professionals. Many managers have been with the company 10+ years.
Easy going
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLDecember 4, 2012
Everyone there was nice and welcoming. All chores were fairly simple. I loved working with the kids in the pool. That would have to be my favorite part. The hardest part of the job would be trash duty and taking out the trash. I learned how to be patient with people. Management was decent.
Pros
loved all my co-workers
Cons
no free lunch. not enough hours
Privately owned golf courses and resorts
Help Desk Group Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 23, 2013
This was a wonderful company to work for prior to the founder of the company passing. Entire culture changed, vision changed and priorities within the department changed. Less focus on the private resort experience and more focus on finance.
26 years of Employement
Regional Director of Agronomy Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 27, 2014
Was given multiple opportunities, Tough business last 10 years. Good company to work for.