ClubCorp

ClubCorp Employee Reviews

Enjoyable work environment, great people and take care of employees
Office Administrator (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAApril 27, 2015
Great place to work in the golf and country club industry. Interacted with many people through out the day including the club members, department heads and management. Multitasking on several different computer programs including ADP for payroll, Oracle for AP and AR, and point of sale systems, Prophetline for golf shop and Aloha for the F&B department. Prepared daily cash deposits and reconciled daily sales. Paid and reconciled vendor invoices, kept files and prepared member statements. Assisted members with taking their monthly payments, including running automatic payments and other credit card payments in Orbital and questions about charges on their accounts. Constant training was available from the corporate offices on all different applications required to do the job. Was responsible for the clubs SOX compliance and responding to the internal audit of the club in 2014. Receive a rating of satisfactory, which was the highest possible score. Also responsible for keeping up the bad debt ledger and working with the collection agency. Good communication was key in this position and maintaining good working relationships with all of my coworkers.
Productive and enjoyable
Tennis Instructor (Current Employee), Montgomery, TXMarch 23, 2015
A typical day at work will be to gather all the equipment and set them up so when the kids start their lesson everything is ready.
I have learned to be very patient, and to always give my best on every situation.
The management is very organized.
My co-workers are always there to help and do what they are supposed to do.
The hardest part of the job is to keep all the kids entertained.
The most enjoyable part of the job is to see the kids improve their tennis skills and actually enjoy it.
Great Opportunity
General Manager (Current Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 16, 2015
Grow your career. An excellent opportunity to grow and expand your career with fellow professionals. Many managers have been with the company 10+ years.
Fun place to work but poor pay
Private Event Director (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 1, 2014
As a private event director ClubCorp was a fun job. It is a bit demanding on your schedule as you not only have to sell the venue, but you also have to foster relationships with the membership which requires additional time outside of your normal job function. The people who work for the company were my favorite part! We had a great team and I now have amazing friendships as a result. The incentive sales trip is always fun and worth going to. The major downside is the pay. ClubCorp does not offer a competitive salary to other hotels and venues in the area. The pay isn't worth the long hours and stress endured.
Hostile work environment with little room for advancement and undeserved favoritism.
Golf professional (Former Employee), FloridaJuly 3, 2014
Pros: great golf course
Cons: corporate culture, cut throat environment.
Hostile management even though golf department delivered. GM played golf a lot and did not lead. Fear by co workers and constant looking for work by all management personnel . Sounds like a terrific culture until u start to work there .
Sounds like a dream until you get hired.
Member Services Representative (Former Employee), DallasFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: access to country clubs and dining clubs. pay tier, co-workers
Cons: management, constantly changing rules and expectations, favoritism
They hire you on saying that in 6 months you can advance to a better job in corporate or at one of their clubs. In four years only 2 people, who had to go behind management's back, left my department for a different one. Over 50 people applied for different jobs every time the job opening vanished or it was magically filled by the time the interview was set up. Management was never on the same page and had the habit of talking down to employees. The pay was not that bad and we had bonuses. My co-workers were great. The hardest part was they wanted you to assist members, but yelled at you when you took too long.
26 years of Employement
Regional Director of Agronomy Superintendent (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 27, 2014
Was given multiple opportunities, Tough business last 10 years. Good company to work for.
Privately owned golf courses and resorts
Help Desk Group Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 23, 2013
This was a wonderful company to work for prior to the founder of the company passing. Entire culture changed, vision changed and priorities within the department changed. Less focus on the private resort experience and more focus on finance.
Wonderful opportunity to acquire business relationships
Director of First Impressions (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIAugust 17, 2013
Pros: free meals, attending club and social events and establishing wonderful relationships with others.
Cons: taking work home which was of my own volition
A typical day at work involved the meet and greet of the private business clubs' members, guests, vendors, co-workers, and management. I scheduled dining reservations, forwarded phone calls to the appropriate departments, communicated via e-mail and written correspondence, attended weekly management meetings and planned club events that were scheduled regularly to secure membership retention.

I was originally hired as the Front Desk Receptionist and was trained and certified in ClubCorps' Member Services program, as-well-as, their Director of First Impressions program resulting in my promotion to both positions. I have learned the skills required to implement exemplary Customer Service to all clients including high-end VIP clients.

The hardest part of the job was considering it as work and the most enjoyable part of my job was my interaction with everyone I came in contact with on a daily basis. I thoroughly enjoy making others feel good.
Expanded my career from Corporate Market to Social
Director of Catering and Private Events (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 4, 2013
Pros: great life/work balance
Cons: no advancement
This job was a stepping stone. I went from managing a team of 5 and planning conventions to running the department by myself and handling only the social market. The environment was like family and so it was a world away from where I came. I thought this would be an easy learning curve, but was wrong! The social market is actually harder than the corporate world as you are dealing with a single person who has never planned a wedding, for example, rather than a seasoned meeting planner.
Fun Environment
Sr. Membership Sales Director (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 8, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: some of the clubs are not renovated
Handle all memberships! Learned several different types of marketing strategies from this company. From rolling out new memberships to finding new target markets
Easy going
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLDecember 4, 2012
Pros: loved all my co-workers
Cons: no free lunch. not enough hours
Everyone there was nice and welcoming. All chores were fairly simple. I loved working with the kids in the pool. That would have to be my favorite part. The hardest part of the job would be trash duty and taking out the trash. I learned how to be patient with people. Management was decent.

ClubCorp Salaries