ClubCorp Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
nothing else matters except for revenue and profit
f&B captain (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 9, 2017
This company was once a very good company to work for, but it was sold 5 or 6 years ago. In the last 18 months corporate culture has done a 180 no job security at all. Currently there is a strange mix of the old and the new senior mgt.
Pros
great locations, held in high regard by local communities
Cons
bad leadership, did not care about managers or EP's could not even act like they cared
Good company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 28, 2017
Good company, great people. I wanted to stay with the company but when I relocated there was not a club within the city in which we moved. I will continue to look for opportunities.
Not a bad place to work.
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 22, 2017
Pays better than most entry level jobs do these days with chance to get raises and job advancement, management team was great, structured work environment and hours.
Pros
Decent pay, opportunity to move within company
Cons
Tedious, the statistics they use to measure job performance is unrealistic on most days.
ClubCorp
Senior Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 7, 2017
I really enjoy working for ClubCorp. Never had any complaints. Great work environment. Pay is very good. Good employees. Allowed me to learn alot from this job.
Poor management
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 18, 2017
Overall poor management, which explained why the position I filled had a high turnover. I was told that the employees in that position only lasted a few months before leaving.
Fun and hard working environment
Server and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAMay 26, 2017
Great Co-workers and managers that make the job very easy. Training is easy and once you get the hang of the server life it becomes a very fun job and the time goes by very quickly!
Pros
Discounted Food
Cons
Stress at Busy Times
Wonderful Company
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GAMarch 23, 2017
I worked for ClubCorp for almost 11 years. They are an amazing company. I did everything you could think of for a golf course. I was a bartender, cook, book keeper, HR, event coordinator, and manager. They pay well, and take care of their employees.
No Pay Raises...EVER
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 10, 2017
No raises, ever, for anyone unless you are management. Very stressful environment for a country club. The employees are treated badly by management as if they are inferior. The employees themselves are awesome.
Worsted place in north Dallas to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMarch 1, 2017
Management doesn't have any leadership skills and heart.
Unfair to employees
Bad environment to work
Dirty and bad employees break room
Pros
Nice members
Club Corp
Bentwater Golf Club Maintenance Crew (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 14, 2017
I worked at the Bentwater location in Acworth, GA for roughly 6 months. I was on the maintenance/ landscaping crew. Great people, good environment, I enjoyed working with them.
Easy job helping people with buying tennis equipment, reserving courts, and keeping track of daily profits from products and tennis lessons
Shop Associate (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJanuary 30, 2017
The job is straight forward. I clock in then head to the tennis shop. There, I help people by reserving courts for them, selling them items they need, and charging out tennis lessons. At the end of the day I log in all the expenses into our computer management system, prophetline, and send it to clubcorp to close out.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
No benefits. Went a longtime without wifi.
Awful
Tennis Professional / Lead Racket Stringer (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJanuary 26, 2017
Avoid this place at all costs. Management is run very poorly. You will find great friends to work with in the majority of your co-workers however you will not advance or receive any benefits of any kind.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Fun team members, bad management
Busser (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GADecember 27, 2016
Working there was fun except when it came to the management, they were all really strict and hand no leniency. They made working there almost unbearable, I would not work there ever again
Club Corp (turf care)
Turf Care (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GADecember 15, 2016
Very hard landscaping work with low pay. Good benefits. Job duties may be or pertain to. Weed eatting, bunker cleaning, mowing greens fairways tee boxes. Painting. Good work experience
Pros
Free Golf
Cons
Hard labor, low pay
clubcorp
Private Events Field Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 5, 2016
Great environment, great staff, training and management. Bad work life balance, needs more support staff and more pay.
Member Service Rep- Call Center
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 28, 2016
The call center is an entire floor. The staff at the call center was willing to help with any questions. With all the club additions, there was always something to learn.
Great atmosphere
Server (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXNovember 27, 2016
I love working here, and a s long as you enjoy a quick-paced workplace, you will too. The managers are usually efficient, but they are still human. Everyone is warm and great to work with.
Pros
Food
Cons
No set breaks
Productive Country Club with many activities for parents and kids
Certified Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 7, 2016
A typical day of work consists of setting up activities for children and securing all safety equipment. Management wasn't that great in my work department, but working with the kids and parents making sure they were happy made the job very enjoyable.
Pros
Fun, interactive job that involved making everyone happy
Cons
Employment path was a dead end
Terrible work environment
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 3, 2016
This club is a poor example of what the company stands for. It is infested with roaches, poorly mantained and very dated. For a GM that has been at this property for just under two years, you would think that there would be some sort of example of improvement; either through future plans verbal communication, visually or otherwise. It was clear that there were other goals/intentions that didnt include improving the work or member environment.
Pros
Golf, closed on Monday
Cons
Management, Direction, Facility, Tools to do the job
Horrible life balance, and pay line level and managment
Cook (Former Employee) –  VirginiaNovember 1, 2016
Great company out of school. Then it became extreamly toxic. Being in a managment roll through economy falling , middle managment was leaned on heavly, payroll/ budgets cut to a level of amazment, while upper managment still thrived with bonuses promoted friends to rolls that were once cut for money. If you asked about the events going on you were harshly punished and witten up. Hard to work for a company who doesnt listen to the day to day operational employees. Regional staff extreamly lax, rarely gave a &#$@ or knew who staff members were. Shady shady business practices, im shocked members dont ask more questions....
Pros
......? Ill let you know when i find them
Cons
Life/work balance, non exsistant, below average pay compared to area cost of living

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ClubCorp. Our community is ready to answer.