CME Associates Employee Reviews

low stress enviornment
Structural Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sayreville, NJNovember 24, 2017
Flexible working hours with overtime opportunities. Low stress environment. Smaller scale projects. Other employees are friendly. Decent pay and benefit packages.
Pros
overtime
Cons
small scale projects
Excellent place to work and managers
Staff Engineer (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, CTOctober 10, 2017
CME is smaller company run by excellent managers with the owner of the company personable and available.

The team of people are excellent at supporting each other to achieve the objectives and completion of the projects.

I highly recommend working here.
Great company to work for with many benefits
DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Howell, NJFebruary 21, 2017
CME Associates is a very professionally run civil engineering company with talented engineers, designers, and planners. The administrative staff is extremely hard working and a bit under appreciated and overworked. I feel the company is lacking an office manager. Overall it was a wonderful experience and I learned a lot in my 2 and a half years there.
Good job once your trained and comfortable
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Central New YorkJanuary 5, 2017
Winter layoff
Decent raise after 6 months
Many opportunities for paid certifications and training
Some travel with decent accommodations
Horrible company, people are so rude and you get treated badly
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cicero, NYApril 20, 2016
Management is awful, the people are horrible. Girls in the office acting like middle school brats who talk about you and start problems. Not the type of environment I prefer. Pay is bad, people need to grow up, and they wonder why they can't keep staff.
Pros
Monday through Friday 8-5
Cons
Horrible people, horrible pay
Great Company to work for
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Cicero, NYOctober 22, 2014
As the Office Manager of CME Associates, I played many roles. From billing clients, payroll for employees, managing the administrative staff to scheduling technicians. It was very challenging yet rewarding.
Interesting
Construction Inspector (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYOctober 20, 2014
I start working early in the morning, I start by checking my equipments, and all i need to do my job, after that I start working seriously until the end of the day.
I learned a lot from this experience, not just inspection, but i learned how to be ethical, and how to deal with contractors, i learned something that i will not find in school, and it is how to do my job properly.
my co-workers were nice to me and they helped me a lot when i needed help, my supervisors were very professional with me, and they showed me how to work, and they made my experience very interesting.
the hardest part of the job was when i find something wrong with the construction, and the construction does not want to fix it, they want to make money and i want to make sure that the job is done as the specifications says, and i never gave up, the job has to be done properly, if not i report everything to my supervisor.
the most enjoyable part of the job is when i do something new that i did not know, learning was my goal in this job, and CME was the best place to do that.
only good if you're one of the good ole boys
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Howell, NJSeptember 26, 2011
This company may have been a good place to work for 20 years ago as one of my former associates said, but if you weren't talking about the yankees or giants, you weren't one of the good ole boys who got preferential treatment. Management was nonexistent, they were only there to keep track of one or two deadlines and the entry engineers were responsible for 90% of the heavy lifting. You'd spend more time doing non-engineering tasks because the admin. assts were too busy causing office drama. My last year there i had to figure out how to do real engineering otherwise my career would tank. Everything was self-taught beacuse management was computer phobic.
Pros
learn on the fly
Cons
learn on the fly then management takes credit