CME Group Employee Reviews in United States

Was unique experience, great place to have worked for all these years.
Senior Market Reporter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2016
Worked in fast paced, chaotic, environment. Co-workers were great. Learned to be thick skinned. Learned about reporting commodities, as times changed learned new procedures,. There wasn't anything that was hard about this job, just pay attention. I loved the chaotic environment, the people I've met along the way. Management was good as long as you did your job.
Pros
bonuses, raises, promotions, people
A very productive place on the edge of innovation
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 5, 2015
Every corporate environment is expected to have red tape and politics, but the focus was always in making sure I executed my role in supporting staff and management in the best way possible. Without the liberty of the management team enabling my ideas and innovation to be implemented in my role, my development and growth could had been stunted but, I was able to operate out of the box and help to standardize effective process improvement administratively in several areas of the technology division. I have learned many things from my colleagues that promoted this growth professionally and personally. I would definitely say that CME Group takes care of the employees investing in their development. As people grow professionally and personally, the company grows. Change is not always easy but doable if open and flexible.The most enjoyable times were interacting and collaborating with, not just a department, but a team working towards the same goal for the company. Unfortunately, due to budget constraints, many were affected by the lay-off.
Pros
Inhouse training made available for employee development and continuous growth, work life balance, and great benefits
Cons
Budget cuts and massive lay-offs
Great place to have a career. Very fair management and opportunityis there if your willing to work and participate
Executive Director Televommunications (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 6, 2015
Enjoyed my career and would recommend CME to anyone. Salaries are fair and benefits excellent. If your willing to be challeneged its the right environment.
Great place to work. Very organized and productive.
Accounts Receivable and cash management (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 25, 2016
Posted all cash to Accounts receivable invoices. Reconciled Accounts receivable aging reports. Managed an Accounts receivable project that interfaced revenue billing software with bank auto debit software, creating a zero variance factor between the software that in turn reduced auditing hours and increased efficiency. I learned how to manage a full cycle Accounts receivable department. Worked extremely well with middle and upper mangement personnel. Worked well with co-workers. Spreadsheet development was the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was producing error free reports on a monthly basis.
Ever Changing; Great Colleagues
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 5, 2015
CME was a great company to work for especially during the IPO and merger/acquisitions of CBOT and NYMEX. I had many great experiences with incredibly talented colleagues. The pace was fast and ambiguous which made for interesting days. I found my niche with project management and enjoyed the variety of complex projects I was fortunate to implement. I've learned best practices and building relationships are extremely important to the success of projects with great communication as the foundation. The hardest part of the job for me was actually the commute.
Pros
Salary, pension, bonuses
Cons
Commute, changing culture
Good company to work for with excellent benefits and latest technologies.
Director, Software Engineering (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 3, 2015
Well managed professional IT environment with dedicated staff, latest technologies, excellent company benefits, room for advancement and growth, and emphasis on customer service.
Pros
Work environment and staff
Cons
Work/life balance
CMEGroup
Lead PBX Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 23, 2014
My typical day
Do a systems check, be it CISCO call manager, Unity voice mail, or legacy Avaya/NOTREL, MCK, Polycom video and Lync.
Check the work load for the day.
Installation/building VoIP phones/applications
Handling trouble calls/E-mails (North America, EU, ASIA)
Work on any ongoing projects and coordinate with other areas/vendors during this process if necessary.
Check system traffic CISCO RTMT/PRI.
Help tenants with installations/project management.
Check to see who the on-call person is for the week.

Management was good for the most part.

My Co-workers/team were great, we always support each other.

Hardest part of the job: 2:00 AM calls and then having to go to work at 6:00 AM and lack of project priorities.

Most Enjoyable: Problem solving/ providing good customer service
Pros
401k investments
Cons
bad dental insurance
A company based on growing their employees.
Manager of Firm Securities (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 14, 2015
The call center I work in is a non stop stress environment. I enjoy being in the mix of the growth and development of the company. The one thing I learned from CME the most crucial is time management. I deal with the markets and the traders daily and their time is money.
My co-workers are more family than co workers. I have thoroughly enjoyed watching them develop and grow within the CME walls.
The hardest part of the job is the constant state of flux. You have to be ready to change quickly to grow with the company. I happen to enjoy that it does not allow for any downtime. I am a person who prefers to be busy and learning new things.
Pros
They are constantly growing
Cons
There have been many re organizations
Great company; in need of stronger management and future direction
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago IlOctober 22, 2014
Too many middle level managers and promotion of others too quickly to deal with corporate needs.
Too many chiefs, not enough indians.

Lots of consultants brought in, and then not retained. No feel of appreciation, or stability; regardless of pay and benefits.
Pros
benefits, work life balance as long as your roles isn't 24x7
Cons
micro managers, movement too soon within the company for some; escalation of issues goes nowhere.
dependable responsible supportive respectful motivated workplace
Trading Floor Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 7, 2015
Supported career development at every level. Ability to gain valuable insight into the financial world. Supported education encouraging growth within the organization.
Good Job Work/Life Balance
Software Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 23, 2015
I consider it a great start for my career growth and development. I Love and enjoy the work. If you want to be a full stack developer then this is the place to work.
It was stressful, challenging, and never boring.
Clearing Clerk/Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 29, 2013
The first day I worked on the trading floor I cried. I was taught the basics and was thrown into the shark infested waters of the trading floor. It was sink or swim. I swam. It was such a surreal experience back then. To have to fight your way into the trading pit to get trading cards, fight your way back out, input trades into the system, make sure they where right and keep my brokers positions. All in a days work. I learned to not second guess myself and that I do have a sense of humor. My co-workers are great and nutty (in a good way). The hardest part of the job is not having a good trading day. When things are really slow in the trading pit, but moving in the electronic markets. The most enjoyable part of the job is when at the end of a really big trading day, my brokers come over to me and say "Thank you, job well done."
Pros
5 hour working day
Cons
benefits, 401k
Good People - Bad Management
Senior Director - CD&S Hedge Funds (Former Employee) –  New York, New YorkAugust 18, 2015
CME is loaded with smart and talented people...many whom will never reach their true potential due to the fact that management there is full of "lifers" who have never actually had real experience in the outside world.
Pros
Good Work life balance
Cons
Lack of real management
CME Group has some of the brightest in the industry. The work / life balance is exceptional.
Sr Reporter (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 30, 2014
The company boasts more benefits than most companies could ever hope to. Tuition reimbursement, medical benefits including dental and vision, pension and 401k matching. The list only goes on.

The one problem with me, however, is that I have nowhere to advance until someone retires. That could be another 15 years minimum from now.
The company is very good to its employees overall.
benefits
Cons
no room for advancement
Very good Risk Management Practice
Junior Quantitative Analyst (consultant) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 19, 2015
Very good Risk Management Practice
Highly sophisticated Margin Model
Deal with pricing model and data cleansing techniques
develop database related experience
and programming language
Fast-paced environment but very rewarding workplace
Senior Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 27, 2015
Great financial institution! All coworkers are top-notch professionals. Benefits are great and workload never gets boring.
Diverse workplace with good opportunities for advancement
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 3, 2014
CME Group offers great compensation and benefits, including on-site gym. Culture is pretty relaxed, and if you work hard you are rewarded. It is a diverse workplace in every aspect.
CME Group
New Employee Induction Leader (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IllinoisFebruary 16, 2014

benefits
Cons
no room for advancement
Fast paced
Managing Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 3, 2015
The best in its industry, CME Group continues to grow and change with the business and takes its shareholders seriously. Great group of hardworking people.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
very demanding.
Great place to get started in the financial market.
Senior Reporter/Settlement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 26, 2015
Started with entry-level position as a market reporter. Great experience to financial markets.After a couple years, advanced to a senior reporter/settlement analyst. This position allowed exposure to settling markets using software provided by cmegroup.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CME Group. Our community is ready to answer.

CME Group Reviews by Location