CME Group Employee Reviews

Various jobs on Chicago Exchanges
COMMODITIES TRADER/BROKER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 28, 2016
Extremely intense environment that becomes very addictive for some.

Hours could be long if one has clients in different parts of the world. But exciting at same time.

Learned about GID- Get It Done now or it will haunt you later.
Pros
The environment
Cons
Your on your own
Fun place to work but don't expect promotions unless someone quits above you.
Senior Market Reporter & Settlement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 22, 2016
Overall fun, exciting place to work. I thoroughly enjoyed the environment and my coworkers; however management isn't exactly stellar. They were given their positions 20+ years ago, and even though they lack education and the capability to use basic programs, such as Microsoft Word, they remain in charge. Not sure if it's still in place, but I also received tuition reimbursement and was able to cover all schooling costs. There are definitely perks to working here.
Pros
Short hours, don't bring work home with you, fun environment, good benefits
Cons
Low salary, lack of ability to move up within the company
Fun place to work
Helpdesk Manager (Former Employee) –  New YorkAugust 17, 2016
Was a professional ballplayer and traveled quit a bit. Was away from home all the time. Players became great friends to this day. Very long hours and travel.
great
Risk Management Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 8, 2016
great place to learn and grow. i like how management is very hands on and willing to go out of their way to make their employees happy. you learn about futures and options very fast.
It was a very friendly almost family like work atmosphere
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 3, 2016
Friendly,but fast paced environment. Helpful co-workers, the management was cordial but professional.Their CCTV system was amazing and easy to work with.
Great place to work. Very organized and productive.
Accounts Receivable and cash management (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 25, 2016
Posted all cash to Accounts receivable invoices. Reconciled Accounts receivable aging reports. Managed an Accounts receivable project that interfaced revenue billing software with bank auto debit software, creating a zero variance factor between the software that in turn reduced auditing hours and increased efficiency. I learned how to manage a full cycle Accounts receivable department. Worked extremely well with middle and upper mangement personnel. Worked well with co-workers. Spreadsheet development was the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was producing error free reports on a monthly basis.
Was unique experience, great place to have worked for all these years.
Senior Market Reporter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2016
Worked in fast paced, chaotic, environment. Co-workers were great. Learned to be thick skinned. Learned about reporting commodities, as times changed learned new procedures,. There wasn't anything that was hard about this job, just pay attention. I loved the chaotic environment, the people I've met along the way. Management was good as long as you did your job.
Pros
bonuses, raises, promotions, people
dependable responsible supportive respectful motivated workplace
Trading Floor Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 7, 2015
Supported career development at every level. Ability to gain valuable insight into the financial world. Supported education encouraging growth within the organization.
great place to work
Commodity Trader/Broker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 30, 2015
I did not work for the CME, I was self employed trader on the Trading floor. It was a great place in it's time. The world center of the futures markets world.
Good Job Work/Life Balance
Software Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 23, 2015
I consider it a great start for my career growth and development. I Love and enjoy the work. If you want to be a full stack developer then this is the place to work.
Very good Risk Management Practice
Junior Quantitative Analyst (consultant) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 19, 2015
Very good Risk Management Practice
Highly sophisticated Margin Model
Deal with pricing model and data cleansing techniques
develop database related experience
and programming language
Great place to get started in the financial market.
Senior Reporter/Settlement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 26, 2015
Started with entry-level position as a market reporter. Great experience to financial markets.After a couple years, advanced to a senior reporter/settlement analyst. This position allowed exposure to settling markets using software provided by cmegroup.
Great place to have a career. Very fair management and opportunityis there if your willing to work and participate
Executive Director Televommunications (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 6, 2015
Enjoyed my career and would recommend CME to anyone. Salaries are fair and benefits excellent. If your willing to be challeneged its the right environment.
A very productive place on the edge of innovation
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 5, 2015
Every corporate environment is expected to have red tape and politics, but the focus was always in making sure I executed my role in supporting staff and management in the best way possible. Without the liberty of the management team enabling my ideas and innovation to be implemented in my role, my development and growth could had been stunted but, I was able to operate out of the box and help to standardize effective process improvement administratively in several areas of the technology division. I have learned many things from my colleagues that promoted this growth professionally and personally. I would definitely say that CME Group takes care of the employees investing in their development. As people grow professionally and personally, the company grows. Change is not always easy but doable if open and flexible.The most enjoyable times were interacting and collaborating with, not just a department, but a team working towards the same goal for the company. Unfortunately, due to budget constraints, many were affected by the lay-off.
Pros
Inhouse training made available for employee development and continuous growth, work life balance, and great benefits
Cons
Budget cuts and massive lay-offs
A company based on growing their employees.
Manager of Firm Securities (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 14, 2015
The call center I work in is a non stop stress environment. I enjoy being in the mix of the growth and development of the company. The one thing I learned from CME the most crucial is time management. I deal with the markets and the traders daily and their time is money.
My co-workers are more family than co workers. I have thoroughly enjoyed watching them develop and grow within the CME walls.
The hardest part of the job is the constant state of flux. You have to be ready to change quickly to grow with the company. I happen to enjoy that it does not allow for any downtime. I am a person who prefers to be busy and learning new things.
Pros
They are constantly growing
Cons
There have been many re organizations
The people
Enterprise Solutions Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 10, 2015
There seemed to be no functional culture here. Strict management creates some stress for employees. The company is in a great location and most of my peers here were knowledgeable and fun.
Good People - Bad Management
Senior Director - CD&S Hedge Funds (Former Employee) –  New York, New YorkAugust 18, 2015
CME is loaded with smart and talented people...many whom will never reach their true potential due to the fact that management there is full of "lifers" who have never actually had real experience in the outside world.
Pros
Good Work life balance
Cons
Lack of real management
• Captured and disseminated market price information utilizing CME systems with minimal oversight.
Historical Data Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, Il.July 22, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short breaks
A Day at Work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 24, 2015
A Day at Work involves employees responsibilities for their assignments.

I learned some experience during my assignments.

The management are experienced. They direct their employees to their assignments.

The co-workers can be co-operate in anyone shows his respect to others.

The hardest part of the job was the long assignments that can take hours.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that getting things done on time.
Good company to work for with excellent benefits and latest technologies.
Director, Software Engineering (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 3, 2015
Well managed professional IT environment with dedicated staff, latest technologies, excellent company benefits, room for advancement and growth, and emphasis on customer service.
Pros
Work environment and staff
Cons
Work/life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CME Group. Our community is ready to answer.

CME Group Reviews by Location