CMG Financial Employee Reviews

Productive and great fun
Funding Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAAugust 21, 2017
The work environment was awesome, with lots of incentive events and activities that inspired one to work hard and want to succeed expectations of supervisors.
Pros
Flexible, and work closely with executive management
Cons
Salaries too low for California
Great Company Overall
Registration Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORAugust 3, 2017
Loved working here but after the honeymoon is over some significant issues start to surface. Many managers are too prideful to tolerate suggestions from people doing the work. Constantly thrown carrots to temp advancement but they remain out of reach for longer than necessary.
Pros
Fun office, awesome people
Cons
Favoritism is huge
A company of Nepotism and no common sense
Correspondent FHA Auditor (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CA 94583July 13, 2017
I work there for two years, audited over 2000 files, performed almost 1000 2nd level reviews of others with no significant errors. I had 4 Managers during that time period with no problems until the last one came in and wanted to write me up for not putting notes in the file. When I pointed out that "Notes" were not delivered with the loan product and not required per my contract - I was told to do it or leave ... so I left.
Pros
Knowing you'll never move up due to Nepotism.
Cons
The turn over of good people is unreal.
It was pleasant
WHOLESALE SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PAJune 25, 2017
I was on the phone mostly assisting brokers and AE's with scenerios for loans. Everyone had to fend for themselves regarding IT as there wasn't one in PA
Pros
Made friends
Cons
If you had a question your manager was in another state
Work environment not friendly
Closer (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 7, 2017
There is no room for growth. They do not give raises or bonus, but you have to go above and beyond. This is not a place to retire from. People stay here a few months and move on.
Management did not encourage growth
Appraisal Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 20, 2017
After working diligently for months management turned to bullying tactics in hopes I would quit. There was no basis to be fired and continued bullying tactics for 6 months.
Great start
Registration Coordinator, Wholesale Lending (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 21, 2017
Company was great at the start and then out of the blue our department was gone. No notice, just walked into work one morning and our computer was locked and the team manager told me they would look into it when they got to the office when in fact they knew they would be laying us off.
Do not work here!!!
Doc drawer (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAFebruary 4, 2017
This is one of the worse companies to work for!
owners of the company do not even acknowledge all of their employees. There are 3 floors that are CMG floors and the owners only stay on their floor and they have lay-offs like crazy and only keep the people that are their favorites or family members.
Pros
free lunches
Worked Remote
Remote Wholesale Direct Endorsement Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 19, 2017
A typical work day would start at 7:00 AM and pulling my pipeline. I would typically start the day looking at my re submitted files. Around Noon I would take lunch come back at 1 and then start my new files and finish up anything that would take priority such as a rush file waiting on a Clear to close. The hardest part of the job was working remotely and not being able to get to participate in pitch ins, games etc. The management was very kind in helping me with any of my questions and I was able to get to know several underwriters that also worked remote that we were able to keep in contact via skype.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Not having another underwriter I could bounce ideas off of.
would not work for them anymore
Wholesale Operations (Former Employee) –  San RamonJanuary 18, 2017
They let people go as easy as they hire people. They like to hire their friends and family. I saw them let a lady go so manager could hire her family member

Want to know more about CMG Financial?

Ask a question
They have continue layoffs and bring u back and layoff again
Correspondent Legal Auditor (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CADecember 14, 2016
CMG is somewhat a great company the only thing I was not happy with is how they hire employees within for management and they have no experience ...however the people there are great to work with its a family owned business
typically mortgage
Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  jacksonvilleNovember 12, 2016
Same old same old. Get told one thing when it was always something different. work life balance was good for the most part.
A great place
Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 29, 2016
I really enjoyed working for chip and myself. We were a good team, its too bad the market downturns occur. Stocks can be very difficult at times, up and down
Productive Working Environment with Impeccable Management
Correspondent Intern (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CASeptember 7, 2016
Monday through Friday CMG revolves around their core principals displays to our employees, clients, and investors that they are truly the best at servicing open and closed loans. The management team constantly exhibits the concept of a 'we' environment and makes you feel needed as a big piece to an ever bigger company.
Fun work Environment
Loan Officer-Helped (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJune 16, 2016
I was very well liked at this job. I had great benefits and truly enjoyed the people I worked with. It taught me a lot of personal growth.
Average IT Department
Database Developer (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAMarch 1, 2016
IT department is under-appreciated by company as a whole, which is to be expected. Relatively stress free environment except when major projects are nearing deadlines.
Pros
Chance to learn new technologies when free time is available
Cons
Not much room for advancement within company
Recommended
Correspondent Credit Auditor (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAOctober 30, 2015
I'd work there again if they called me. The management was ever-changing but the work was steady. Training was not so good.
mortgage lending company fast paced environment
Underwriter/Auditor (Current Employee) –  san ramon caFebruary 13, 2015
corporate office atmosphere, tough commute, fast paced, friendly co-workers, senior vice president has one dog in the office most days
Tense
Employee (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAFebruary 10, 2015
Work isn't hard. Stressful at times but nothing unbearable. Management makes employees feel unappreciated. Doesn't seem like any co-workers are happy anymore.
Everyone is a manger
Systems Analyst/ Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Misplacement of employees. No one know why they do what they do. Would not he surprised if the FCC can in and shut them down.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CMG Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5