CMG Financial

CMG Financial United States Employee Reviews

Tense
Employee (Current Employee), San Ramon, CAFebruary 10, 2015
Work isn't hard. Stressful at times but nothing unbearable. Management makes employees feel unappreciated. Doesn't seem like any co-workers are happy anymore.
Everyone is a manger
Systems Analyst/ Technical Writer (Current Employee), San Ramon, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Misplacement of employees. No one know why they do what they do. Would not he surprised if the FCC can in and shut them down.
Great organization
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Encino, CAJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: great ownership
• Work very closely with officers and senior management for implementation for policies, practices, visions and strategic initiatives and company directives.
great team
Regional Mortgage Operations Manager (Former Employee), Berwyn, PADecember 29, 2014
enjoyed working with the team of people in my office. The length of employment was short and we needed more time to build our business in the N.E.
Youthful place to work, but productive
Account Manager (Current Employee), Irving, TXOctober 9, 2014
Great company to work for if you are just starting out in the mortgage industry.
Negative
Senior Convention Underwriter (Former Employee), San Ramon, CASeptember 18, 2014
Cons: too many
From an experienced mortgage industry insider, this is one of the worst places I've ever worked. Nepotism, favoritism, runs deep at this company. If you kiss up to the boss and know nothing about your work, then you fit right in.

If you are considering long term career in Mortgage then keep looking.
CMG is a great company, they just didn't hire great people
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: i was hired as a loan officer assistant not a jr processor.
Cons: learned alot
Typical day would be:

Job entails but not limited to: ordering of appraisals, 4506-Ts, SSN, MERS, USPS, rapid rescores, title, HOI, VOEs, UDM, Make sure we have all the correct documents for submission to the underwriter. Responsible for the conditions to be met in a timely matter. Calling and emailing the borrower to make sure they are gathering the conditions. Following up with the Realtors, to keep them updated. Once docs are at title, following up with title, setting the signing date and time and following with title again to make sure they have all their funding conditions ready. Plus whatever the loan officer wants me to do.
Great atmosphere and fast growing company
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee), Woodland Hills, CAJuly 30, 2014
Work day includes actively recruiting to grow Los Angeles County
Conventional Underwriter (Former Employee), Irving, TXJuly 18, 2014
Very great company to work although the management system is really a pain but great people.
Not a healthy place to work
Underwriter (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 7, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: poor leadership, poor foundation
Never mind your family and having a life , as an underwriter you are responsible to know and complete everything on a loan. There is no leadership rather only puppets. The company is run my the sales department and utilizes intimidation. The most unfortunate of all is the burning out of people and to be told when you are sick of it that it is you, something is wrong with you. All I can say is I have been underwriting for over 10 years and I have never worked so many hours for so little. It is very much a good old boy mentality and I would not recommend working for this company
If you're not related to the owner or the owner doesn't know your family, forget it. THIS COMPANY IS CRAZY~!
Account Manager (Former Employee), San Ramon, CAMay 18, 2014
Pros: ?
Cons: ?
just when you think you landed yourself a stable position, THINK twice!!! If you don't know the owner or if the owner doesn't know your family, they will fire you whether you work hard or not. Once you realize that you can never fit into their culture of Nepatism, you are a goner...not stable at all and all B.S.
Productive fast paced environment
Sr. Loan Processor (Former Employee), San DiegoMarch 11, 2014
Pros: coworkers were enjoyable
Cons: lack of additional training or recongnition program.
Learned many aspects of the loan process through a variety of loan scenarios. Worked closely with loan officers and fellow processors. Enjoyed the upbeat and positive atmosphere.
Hard place to work.
Underwriter (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZMarch 11, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: benefits are mediocre, training is substandard, corporate management out of touch
A typical day in the Wholesale Underwriting Department included underwriter and manager crying and stressed out. Worked Monday-Friday, evenings, weekends and holidays approximately 70 hours a week. Constant change to guidelines. Processors not given authority to clear simple housekeeping conditions falling on the undwerwriters to process and clear. Common for management to send out email regarding guidelines and then recant them. Common to touch a file 5-7 times to clear PTD conditions making it very difficulty to make brokers happy. Ultimately, borrowers dissatisfied with refinance and or purchase. Also, made it very difficult to make bonus in underwriting due to far too many touches per file.

San Ramon, CA is the headquarters for this company and has several branches nationwide. This company grew very fast in the last two years. Within the last year key managers quit and moved on. Some were not replaced for months. Underwriting training is according to CMG ways rather than industry standards and left to employee to figure it out and get it done to stay within Service Level Agreements.

CMG has no outside subject matter experts training their underwriters. Common for loan approval to change due to guideline interpretation incorrectly conditioned or communicated by management.

Corporate Management out of touch with day to day operations. They have great ideals for what the company wants to be, however, miss the mark in application of ideals applied to day to day operations/training/ management of processors and underwriters. Experience Extraordinary is their tag line and falls short for their employees.

CMG Financial is a hard place to work. Surprising when considering they received Best Places to Work in the Bay Area.
Conventional Underwriter (Former Employee), Irving, TXFebruary 20, 2014
This was a core-underwriting job, toughest underwriting job i have ever worked
I liked the office staff
Licensed Loan Originator (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJanuary 28, 2014
It made me want to come to work each day. I do not really want to comment on how the parent company closed the office the no warning, you will have to contact them directly.
Productive, fast paced work environment
Financial funding assistant (Current Employee), San Ramon, CAOctober 21, 2013
Pros: friendly environment, understanding staff.
My daily shift consist pulling reports and completing Verification and Re-Verifications of employment, Receiving home loan funding packages and logging information in to the Data Base system, I also pull all collateral and ship to warehouse banks were loans have funded. I also provide support to different banks and funders. I really enjoy working for this Company it a great place with great staff and supervisors.
CMG Financial
Safety Compliance/ Redisclosure and GFE Lead (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 21, 2013
I worked with CMG for a while. The people that are your co workers are pretty awesome however as in any job watch your self because just a quickly as they are nice to you they stab you in the back. The Management is horrible. They talk down to you nd treat it like a game and if you try to stand up for yourself you will be ganged up on and terminated. This company was very fun in the beginning however in the past few month all the activities stopped and it became a cold and very low moral stance. Just be careful on who you trust there, not everyone is nice for the right reasons.
Very nice Company
Assistant Account Manager (Former Employee), San Ramon, CASeptember 24, 2013
Pros: nice company
Cons: nepotism
Very nice Company. I worked with Nice Account Executives, and enjoyed my job a lot.