CMG Employee Reviews

Friendly environment
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 15, 2017
you weren't in any one area all the time. It was something different everyday. I didn't get to spend a lot of time with my family due to the long hours.
Pros
paid every week
Cons
Fun work place very friendly supervisors
QA (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 21, 2017
I was able to build my customer service skills, I learned how to communicate over the phone and was able to learn how to multi task as well as computer skills.
Pros
Air conditioning comfortable seats
Cons
rude customers on the phones
Great people
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJFebruary 8, 2017
Great place to work . Everyday added a new and rewarding challenge We were all like family and treated each other with respect.
Pros
Great location
Cons
None?
CMG unfortunate events
IT Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLFebruary 6, 2017
This looks like a great company to work for but as you go you will notice poor management performance and your position will be affected in the long run.
Started good blowing $$$$$ away and now it's time to cut corners. I'll say typical for management not being able to look to what the middle man have to say.
Benefits
Cons
False accusations and bad judgement
Poor management but great experience
Substance abuse counselor/case manager (Current Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FLApril 21, 2016
The turnover rate at this company is very disappointing. The company has poor management and organization. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with and the jobs itself is not difficult and can be rewarding. The hours are difficult to work with and the staff are underpaid.
Pros
Teamwork, patients
Cons
poor management, lack of organization, underpaid staff, hours
Do not work here
Agent (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 29, 2016
It's an outbound call center meaning you call random businesses asking for info to sell magazines. If you want to be hung up on, get cursed out and waste time, work here. Me personally it got to be too much. I understand the frustrations of the customers who had been getting calls from us day after day.
Pros
40 hrs/week
Cons
Annoying, pointless, parking limited, and dirty
Not too much to say
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Luling, LAFebruary 10, 2016
I did not work with this company long enough to have an opinion on there operations. They were not very involved with me as an employee.
Short but great
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 28, 2016
I wasn't hired in the company yet, but it was extremely busy and I absolutely loved it. really wasn't dealing with a lot of customers, so it was a slight difference.
EEO ,Compensation,Management and job culture well organized
Project Management (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, ILDecember 27, 2015
Friendly environment, management skill, enjoy working with this company, Provide good benefit, Professional services.
Pros
employee of the month
Cons
break for training
Patients are rewarding but the company is awful
Substance Abuse Therapist (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 23, 2015
This is corporate work at its best. The most important thing is the corporation not the patients or the staff.
This company wants to keep its doors open regardless of anything, there is really no advancement on quality work by quantity work is what makes the money.
This company is suppose to help substance abuse patients better themselves in all aspects of their lives, but they really could care less. It's all about what is best for the cooperation, not the patients or the employees that are paid by the hour.
Pros
There are none
Cons
micro-management at its best!
tightly knit nursing staff, zero room for career progression, decent pay and benefits, rough work hours but stable employment
FT LVN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 3, 2015
arrive at 5am and begin inventory checks and stocking for the day, prepare take home medications and reports for the day, begin dosing at 5:30am and pretty much stay glued to a window until 12pm when re-stocking and reporting continues. The floating nurse for the day handles new patients and works with the onsite physician on new orders and patient assessments. Increased responsibility with every 30 days you are employed, lots to learn but pretty easy once you have learned the functions. Management stays out of the pharmacy where the nurses are at except when something goes wrong. Hardest part is ensuring that your patients are dosed correctly.
Pros
great team, job functionality & security
Cons
30 min lunch, very early hours, extended overtime on regular basis, new hire turnaround
good pay and benifits, good working inviroment
Heavy equ.operator (Current Employee) –  Ross, NDFebruary 17, 2015
Get directions for task at hand,start working at task on hand towards completion.Good people to work for and with. Long hours ,cold weather.
Pros
good people to work for and with
Cons
long hours and cold weather
good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTSeptember 26, 2014
This company was a very good to work for as a part time job. Liked this job and the people that worked there were fun to work with. management were easy to work with. HARDEST PART OF JOB WAS THE LONG HOURS DURING THE ACTUAL EVENT. the most enjoyable part of the job was being involved in the events and meeting a lot of different people.
Pros
all of it I liked
Cons
long hours when event was going on
Self Employed
Owner (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 19, 2014
Being self employed has a number of benefits but also a number of draw backs.
Pride of ownership
Control of schedule
and
Collecting of monies owed
Being on call 24 hours
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Lack of freedom
it was a good place to work
Phone Representative (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAJuly 9, 2014
typical day at work was relaxing and enjoyable.
what I learned was how to talk to people on the phone even if they were angry. I learned about balance transfers and credit interest.
management was polite and concerning.
my co-workers were the same as management.
The most enjoyable thing about the job was making sales and commission.
Pros
long lunches
Cons
no cell phones on the floor
Great company to work for representing the top publishers and magazines in the industry.
Regional Sales Manager/National Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo NYJune 2, 2014
This job was very rewarding as I worked with some very good people and was giving the opportunity to work independently in the region to grow sales and achieve client goals working with and managing my 3 district managers. Was a nice mix of home office, field work at retail, and meeting with corporate buyers to maximize the sales of our over 250 titles. The hardest part of the job was 2 years ago when the company was sold and we had to let go of over half the field force. I lost 2 of my 3 district managers at then time. My other manager later became very ill and had to leave the company; because of declining sales in the industry, we were not able to replace him and all the work in the region these people were doing basically fell to me. This required prioritizing work, excellent time management, good organization, and an excellent work ethnic in order to keep up with all the demands of the job. Fortunately these are all strong points for me and I was able to keep up.

The thing I enjoyed most about the job was the variety of work that this job entailed and the opportunity to do different work from day to day; whether it was managing the product line from the office, visiting retail accounts to place displays or set up promotions, or calling on buyers at corporate level to sell in new product, negotiate positions on planograms, or sell in a special promotion.
Pros
company car and independance to manage the region as I saw best.
Cons
not very good health benefits
Great Networking Opportunity
Promotional Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 2, 2014
Was a perfect fit for me. I got to listen to music while working as well as attended great concerts. Most difficult part of the job was setting up the tent up in inclement weather. I loved this job so much I would've worked for free!
Pros
Concert tickets
Cons
Job insecurity
large scale fast pace environment promoting efficiency
Quality Control Inspector/ Processor (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GADecember 12, 2013
A typical day at work started early at 6:00am and i start my day processing and shipping orders on UPS world ship. Followed by inventory and inspection of production line. The most valuable thing i gained was the belief that a positive attitude will help overcome adversity. My co-workers where more like mentors, teaching me the operation and refining me. The hardest part of the job was accepting and respecting how management handled problems. In contrast i enjoyed the fast paced and competitive nature of the company.
Pros
1hour lunch
Cons
Decided to take away one of our breaks
great workplace
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Arvada, CONovember 23, 2013
I was able to work with some great people who had a lot of experience in real estate and property management. I not only learned great skills from my co-workers (from construction to people skills) but the satisfaction of getting the right people in a property they would maintain and be proud of. The hardest part of the job was seeing a property that needed a complete fix-up after the tenant had moved out or been evicted. The best part was getting the rent on time with no problems.
Pros
ablity to work on my own or with people I got along with. Never had a problem with to much work.
Cons
No healthcare
Horrible
Professional (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 31, 2012
I would NEVER recommend this sorry excuse of a company to anyone for employment. First, I went to training and the people there made up lies about me and my manager refused to believe me causing me much stress in my life and was treated very differently afterwards. After that, I felt I was walking on egg shells. Then I was let go for something that was out of my control and I begged for another position with them with much less pay so I could at least have a job and be a part of something I thought was good and I was treated very coldly and was not even considered for any other kind of position.

My coworkers are the only good things about this company, but yet, all of them had already worked with the manager before which is why I was left out of alot of things. New people would be introduced to them and I would be left out like I was not even there. I worked very hard to impress them and I felt they made up their mind to let me go after the lies were told when I was trained. I will never be the same. DO NOT GO THERE-DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME.
Cons
never felt supported by management