CMI Management Services Employee Reviews

Productive place to work
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Seadrift, TXDecember 6, 2016
Great job just need to be closer to home and wish they offered per Diem for working out of town and guaranteed 50 hours a week.
Fun day at work always rewarded agents
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXNovember 13, 2016
Working at this workplace I learned how to deal with customers and have patience. This job was exciting and it was great people who I worked with. management was always interactive with agents which made the job extra exciting. The hardest part of the day was getting the customers that was angry. The most enjoyable day was when fiscal ended the prizes was giving out through drawings.
great learning environment
Functional Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 8, 2016
It gave me a great introduction to customer service and taught me leadership, people management, records operations. The hardest part was the contracting part; although secure, was stressful when it was time for contracting rebid.
Great pay loads of hours
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Compton, CAOctober 19, 2016
Great job great place to worm works great with school and trying to build a better person moving on in your life great times and work nothing big but better yourself.
Fun workplace with overtime and bonus
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXOctober 9, 2016
Debt collections is exactly how you picture it with people cussing at you or yelling at you daily but you also get people that really want to pay their bills and gives you the opportunity to make bonus.

The hardest part of the job is having to figure out which aggressive but not unprofessional approach to take with the debtors.
Some employees would not code an account properly causing us to call the same debtor that cussed us out earlier

Management was cool. Some were a little snobbish but ok. They really try to help you get the job down. They don't want you to fail. The company gives you 2 weeks paid training but that's just the basics... you learn more out on the floor.

Enjoyable part - They give away gift cards and different goodies from time to time. Also, available OT.

Company has great benefits and also owned by the employees. They arent like other debt collection agencies. They have morals and good ethics. The CEO is a Christian man and treats his employees well.
Pros
Available OT, Good people to work with
Cons
Phone system and being assigned to only one client to collect on
Fun
Phone Operator (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXOctober 7, 2016
Amazing experience so much opportunity to grow would go if I could. Leads are always there to help and don't mind explaining, everyone gets along well and they make working fun.
Pros
Breaks
Productive and fun
COLLECTOR (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 3, 2016
This company is a vigorous place to work. If your interested in learning and developing as well as working collecting a check then CMI is definitely the company to be employed.
Amazing company
Installer p/t (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAAugust 16, 2016
Hours were good and pay was great, out early enough to continue with my schooling and they people i worked with were amazing!
One Big Happy Family
Project Management & Scheduling Asst (Current Employee) –  Englewood, OHAugust 14, 2016
When I started working for Civica CMI I quickly learned that they operated as One Big Happy Family. The told you up front that your job is very important but also that family comes first. They are very understanding to every day life issues and they try to help you in anyway that they can, they are understanding, they show their concern so it makes you feel like they are just a part of the family.

I have learned so much since I have been there things I never thought I would learn, I have. Some stuff I never done before it was hands on learning so that is how I have come this far with on the job training and didn't have to go to school to learn new things outside of my job. I cannot say enough about my co-workers we all get along and we have so many laughs and fun times that makes for a good day at work.
The hardest part of my job would be to learn something outside of what I do and find the time outside of my busy schedule to learn it at this point. My job duties itself is not hard at all and most times I multi-task each and every day. I am a team player and I work hard to make sure that at the end of each day we have have accomplished our jobs by working as a team and helping wherever it's needed, if need be.
Pros
Employee Activity Committee- We plan all types of outings for our employees, We work as a team, benefits are good.
Cons
At this time I would say more employees needed.
productive workplace
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXAugust 12, 2016
taking inbound calls. collections departments, taking payments over the phone and setting up payment arrangements so secure services. for the most part I enjoyed work, always was doing something productive
I loved my coworkers
Administrative Assistant/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORAugust 2, 2016
I loved the work I did and the coworkers I had. It was management that needed some adjusting. Our boss was definitely not a people person.
I enjoy working here, the people are wonderful
Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Hudson, FLJune 15, 2016
My biggest problem is there is only 28 hours per week available & work is limited at different times throughout the year. I am in need of something more steady. This is am fine second job.
Pros
great coworkers, make your own schedule
Cons
limited work available, no direct deposit available
Striving for Excellence
Workers' Compensation Case Manager III (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARJune 12, 2016
A typical day at work involves working new losses that come in, issuing checks for temporary total disability and permanent partial disability, following up on claimants who are still receiving medical treatment, and settling claims that are ready for resolution. Calls and e-mails come in all day and interrupt my planned day. I have to remain flexible.

What I have learned at CMI is that people appreciate good customer service. I have learned that people just want to be treated fairly and go on with their lives. I learned that I can manage many different things being thrown at me at the same time. I learned that I have good leadership skills. I have developed and sharpened such skills over the last 11 years.

I have been lucky to be under good management, which has resulted in solid mentoring for me. I have had an abundance of leadership training, which has helped me when I managed others and even with my caseload and at home. Walmart invests in its associates and it pays off.

My coworkers are great. I have a good team. We all help and respect each other. We think of our claims as one collective group of claims. We all have a portion, but we are there for anyone who calls needing help.

The hardest part of my job is denying treatment or denying a claim. If the person is legitimately injured, they have to worry about how they will receive treatment. If they have insurance, there will be a deductible and copay. If not, they may be self-pay. they may not be able to afford treatment.

The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I am helping people get what they
  more... need, what is rightfully owed to them. Being part of the process of getting an injured person made whole again is very rewarding.  less
Pros
Great benefits and pay, excellent training
Cons
Heavy workload, long hours
productive and fun place to work
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMay 27, 2016
Productive and fun place to work to gain knowledge on many account they not only hire for customer service they also hire for tech support and dispatch as well.
nice people and work atmosphere
Debt Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMay 4, 2016
I enjoyed working at cmi it was a very pleasant place to work
I learned a lot of patience working with tough consumers trying to resolve their debt issues my co workers were excellent and the managers were very helpful towards us reaching our goals on the work floor
Pros
free lunches promotions raises
Cons
short breaks 10 minutes
CMI Review
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMay 3, 2016
cmi has had a bad reputation for overworking and underpaying their employees. They have a skewed support team. I would not recommend working there
Sonographer that provided ultrasound to surrounding area
Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIApril 14, 2016
Very unorganized company. They refused to pay overtime or call pay even when they worked you as a call person. The owner of the company does not care about staff or patients needs. The staff was amazing just lacked true leadership. Had a contract that was signed by owner of company that was not honored at all.
Disorganized and crowded work environment.
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newport, TNFebruary 11, 2016
Set up of work to be completed for that work day.
Management is in need of training to achieve transition from small company to large volume manufacturer.
Co-workers were beat down from continuously changing direction of work flow and verbal abuse.
Dealing with one management person that was the (bully) on the floor. Old style methods of direction to employees.
The opening up of the employees with what works and didn't work to accomplish work task required by them.
Pros
Workers wanted to do good job.
Cons
Work atmosphere
Fast paced work enviornment
Escalations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 21, 2015
Challenging work environment with inbound and outbound calls from disgruntle and dissatisfied customers. My responsibilities are to resolve any payment disputes, maintain costumer loyalty, and turn upset customers into happy customers. The challenging part is deescalating the call to secure a payment and closure of the issue. The most satisfying part of my job is working with friendly supportive coworkers and experienced managers.
Pros
Monthly raffles and bonuses based on production
Cons
short breaks, benefits
Fast pace
Customer Service Representative/ Pay Roll (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 12, 2015
Fast moving job, very hectic working at the ports. Diveres are always on the move and need to be dispatched accordingly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CMI Management Services. Our community is ready to answer.

CMI Management Services Reviews by Location