CNAC Employee Reviews

Terrible environment. A lot of pressure
Collector II (Former Employee) –  Elmgrove WisconsinAugust 27, 2016
I have work for this company 3 years, it could be a great place work, but because of the management at the Elm Grove location. It's a terrible place to work ,there's a lot of unneeded pressure from the top managers even though the collectors does a great job. The top 2 directors seems to like to throw their weight around. I would not recommend this company to anyone under the current management.
Pros
Pays ok
Cons
Unnecessary pressure on collectors. Talk to managers has a bully mentality
Asset Coordination
Asset Specialist (Former Employee) –  indianaMarch 14, 2016
This job was interesting and fun..although the manager and head manger where impossible to work for.. you would be one person doing the work of 3 and showing up everyday and it was never good enough...constantly getting rude emails from managent..unprofessional and constant put downs and critique ..insurance is no good..expensive high deductable
Pros
a pay check
Cons
management
Great job, good for advancement if you're not me??
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDMarch 1, 2016
I love working here. It's a very positive environment and my co-workers are the best. There is a lot of advancement that happens within this company, however, I was stuck in a position for very long time without advancing, after requesting it several times. Each time I'd so interest, they would hire a new person to fill in for the position I wanted without even informing me...
Fun in the workplace
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 14, 2016
I love working with people, learning new things, and most of all I love being a huge asset for any company I work for. This company took pride in working together as a team to get to one main goal, money!
Good company
Portfoilio Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, txSeptember 21, 2016
good company to work for just went out of business. customer service type collection job lots of interaction with customers. Fair chance for second chance financing
Cnac
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 5, 2016
Great company to work for. I have worked here for almost 6 years and they have truly become my family. Everyone here looks out for each other. I have received 3 raises in matter of 6weeks.
Pros
Owner on location
Cons
only gets raises when manager ask for them
HOUSTON TX. High Stress and Too Many Hours. Other issues that make it impossible for your job to function successfully
Account Manager / Assistant Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2016
This job pays well but it's impossible to be successful due to service issues etc. You are dealing with clients that were unable to get financing at any other dealership. They are poorly underwritten to begin with and then put into cars in such bad working condition that the majority of them don't even stay running for a day after driving off the lot. It's a little hard to collect on a loan where the customer is unable to drive the car. There is no way to stand behind the product you're collecting on/ The owner has no management or people skills. With that being said, I feel sorry for him because he just doesn't understand where the problems are and he is totally unsupportive. The problems start with the purchase of non running cars at auction and contaminates every other part of the job. With all that being said, I will miss my overly stressed out co-workers and most of all Jack.the GM. They are some of the best people I've ever had the pleasure of working with.
Pros
pays good
Cons
too many problems that keep you from getting your job done
great
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INApril 8, 2016
start pay fun crazy exciting great location casual dress code late shifts management changes goals to frequently see thru cubicles
Terrible environment
Collections Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Grandville, MIJanuary 23, 2016
A typical day is being asked to perform duties using personal phones in order to avoid written collections laws, and it was perceived as a game to anyone inexperienced. The owners are frauds and cheats.
Fast paced call center
Collections Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Carmel,INOctober 4, 2015
Very fast pace work environment . Fun work place with supportive team members. Numbers are the main focus . The most enjoyable part of the job is working with co-workers to create better solutions to help customers advance through program . The office began to consistently change schedules and procedures due to company's numbers.
Pros
Competitive strategies, daily incentives
Cons
schedules, constant switch of team
Good Bonus
Account/Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 4, 2015
If you put in the work you will be rewarded. Collection here is eayh, the cars are up for repo after just 2 weeks so most customers will pay and the bonuses are $600-$3500 a month. You'll have no more that 200 accounts to work every two weeks with no more than 50 actually be delinquent
Pros
money and hours
Cons
upward mobility
Nice for extra cash
Field Agent-Sub contractor (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 18, 2015
I worked with CNAC as a sub contractor. I did enjoy working with them. A typical day would be once I received the orders of people to find, I GPS their vehicle and go out looking for the delinquent buyer. I would sometimes have CNAC "ping" the buyer again if they are not in the location last "pinged". Once I locate the buyer, I have them speak to CNAC then move on to the next order. If I don't find the buyer but find the car, I VIN and plate the vehicle and leave a note on the windshield, taking pictures for proof of service.
Pros
extra cash
Cons
some times dangerous, and receiving 1-9 form at the end of the year, instead of having taxes deducted.
Run of the mill used car joint.
Outside Collector (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 10, 2015
Worked here for a short period of time. I was an outside collector (aka repoman) I did not enjoy the nature of my duties primarily because its not in my nature to cause problems for people. this was just a job to me.
Pros
some good people there
Cons
pay, managment
Strong purpose
Branch Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 25, 2015
Our company provides and opportunities and exceeds the expectations of many. I enjoy meeting new people everyday and I've learned that training is a big part of my success.
Pros
Possible Incentives
Cons
Retail Hours
Productive and Fun Place
Portfolio Manager/Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Houston, TexasMay 7, 2013
Conduct ‘Introduction Call’ within three days of sale. Assists with cashiering as needed, Interviews, budgets, credit scores, verifies, and evaluates loan applicant, Closed loans, insuring that all CNAC objectives are met Follows local, state and federal laws pertaining to collection of delinquent payments. Contact delinquent customers by phone, or if necessary, in person, to arrange payment. Achieves daily and monthly calls and account-delinquency percentage goals.
Locates delinquent customers with unknown addresses or phone numbers.
Pros
long hours and work saturdays
Cons
fun eviorment
Great company to work for
Loan Closer/Collector/Cashier (Former Employee) –  AllianceSeptember 18, 2012
My typical day started at 8:30 am and usually ended around 6:00pm sometimes as late as 10:00pm Monday-Saturday. This job taught me so much, I enjoyed working with the customers and building a relationship with them. The hardest part of my job was I was the only person in the office trained to do what I did, so getting time off was hard to do. I did love the people I worked with!
Pros
building a customer relationship
Cons
the 6 day work week with no time off for vacation etc...
It's an ok place to work
Branch Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMarch 5, 2013
You come in and start working making collection calls, making deposits, do applications and closings. I learned the value of a car and importance of maintaining it. The hardest part of that job was dealing with the lack of following the rules by upper management. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers advance to the end of the contract.
Pros
free saturday lunches
Cons
inconsistant work schedule
Productive work environment, team atmosphere
Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 6, 2014
Fast paced, detail oriented position.
Management is fair, easy to approach for assistance if needed.
Co workers great to work with, strong team environment
Most enjoyable part of job : Assisting customers, helping them past any objections , walking customers through and negotiating payment arrangements during times of financial hardship.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
late hours
Unfair, unsafe and discriminative.
Sr. Underwriter/ Collector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 23, 2014
The owner of this company refused to compensate for over time. He would remove benefits at his discretion. He discriminated against female workers and consistently lowered the quality expectations of the product he was selling. I would not suggest anyone work for this JDByRider/CNAC franchise.
Cons
no breaks, no overtime compensation, discrimination
Nice people lousey hours and work environment
Collector (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 24, 2013
Building is old and dirty no where to sit for lunches or breaks.
Not enough restrooms for number of workers, not cleaned properly
Dingy, dank work environment
Have to work late hours and weekends without consideration or flexibility to life/work balance
Cons
no consideration for work/life balance