CNBC Employee Reviews

great place to work
Editor (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJOctober 10, 2017
They provide free shuttle service from new york city and brooklyn.
If you drive there is ample parking. Nice cafeteria, good food.
Everyone is very helpful. Up to date software.
Manager was a bit scatterbrained
Digital Assistant (Former Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJOctober 4, 2017
Overall it was a wonderful learning experience, but manager seemed too pressured from those above him, therefore he was always stressed.It was all about the numbers but it was a good learning experience.
An educational experience
Video Editor (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 3, 2017
While working for "American Entrepreneur' which was at the time, the first and only documentary style show that was produced by CNBC I was able to work side by side with many talented editors and writers. Seeing the construction of those shows by such an expansive team was a truly valuable experience. The pace was fast and the deadlines were intense yet at the end of the day we finished the work and got the show on the air.
Pros
Great work environment and co-workers.
Cons
It was a temporary position that I wished didn't have to end.
Digital Video Editor (Freelance Employee) (Former Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJAugust 25, 2017
Great Monday through Friday job that paid well with benefits and very accomodating management. Freelancers get paid pretty well and can move up to become staff eventually.
Competitive and fast paced workplace
Audio operator (Current Employee) –  Downtown, manhattanAugust 13, 2017
CNBC is an amazing place to work, they encourage individual growth. It is an extremely fast paced environment so be ready to stay on your toes. Management is great as well as salary. The only problem is with the system of freelancers. After working a year, a freelancer has to leave the company for 6 months and they can work full time again, or they jump to part time and cannot exceed 20 hours a week.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Freelancers have to work under a separate agreement
Productive and innovating workplace surrounded by intelligent and motivating coworkers
CNBC Assignment News Desk Intern (Former Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJMarch 20, 2017
My job was different everyday which is why I fell in love with the business news industry. One day I would be at the NASDAQ, NYSE, or on a field shoot with top producers. I would see what production looked like behind the scenes and how business news was put together. I learned a lot about the importance of team work and a positive attitude in the workplace. I had a lot of autonomy and management made sure we always had something to do. The work culture was warm and engaging at all times. During lunch we would play at the ping pong table and then get ready to log an interview, go on a field shoot, or finish writing an article for CNBC.com. Some shoots were challenging, for example, I went to the Sports Illustrated Red Carpet Event for the Sports Person of the Year. I was the only producer/reporter there and I had to interview Serena Williams and Jack Nicklaus. It was overwhelming, but exciting at the same time.
Pros
Numerous of opportunities for informational interviews
Cons
Unpaid transportation to the NYSE
A gem in the TV industry
Line Producer (Current Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJJanuary 7, 2017
Good work life balance provided by the financial markets
Interesting, challenging material to cover
Closer, familial feel of the CNBC campus fosters better job growth and opportunity
Pros
Good balance, nice people, interesting content
Cons
Can be limiting and niche, NY to NJ commute
it was great
Freelance Technical Associate (Current Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJOctober 13, 2016
I really loved CNBC. They were really great to me and I learned so much. Great for entry-level employees. Got my job right after college and I really really love it.
Great opportunity to work in an amazing studio in Hollywood
Producer, Arranger, Musician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 3, 2015
This job gave me the chance to work with so many great professionals from the production staff to board engineers and the musicians I amassed.
Pros
Incredible engineer and gear.
Cons
Could've worked there all night every day!
Great work environment filled with competent people who aim to succeed
Producer, Mad Money with Jim Cramer (Current Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJSeptember 2, 2015
Great corporate culture that rewards people who execute and go the extra mile. It's a relatively big company, but there is a solid entrepreneurial vibe. New ideas are encouraged, and if they are good enough, they are developed. I love my colleagues. I have few, if any, negative things to say.
Pros
Great work environment, corporate culture
Cons
It's a commute from neighboring New York City, and is a bit isolated
Good place to work but no room for advancement
Production (Current Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJAugust 17, 2015
I work with a great group of people. The work environment is very good and everyone is like family there. I like it because you get to do a lot of different positions and learn a lot of different skills. Since it is non-union, everyone does more than one position and the jobs switch daily. I learned a great deal at CNBC. CNBC also has top notch equipment and is always up to date with the newest technologies. Most of the shows are not in the studio anymore, so it makes for some very slow days. Overall, it is a good place to work but there is very little room for advancement or job opportunities and people who have been there for 20 years are doing the same jobs as young kids right out of school.
Pros
location, long breaks, good people
Cons
need more freelancers to fill in for vacation relief (hard to get days off), no room for advancement, slow days with no shows in studio
Very great place to wrok is you LOVE finance
Fast Money Production Intern (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJJuly 27, 2015
Open space, very challenging work However, it pays off BIG TIME. What you lear here is transferrable anywhere and can grow you profesionally. I mean, how many people can say that they have met Jamie Dimon?
Shadowed a Producer
Shadowed an Associate Producer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJFebruary 8, 2015
• Learned about the broadcasting industry.
• Observed an associate producer’s daily tasks.

I shadowed an employee for a week.
Marquee financial news network
Web Producer (Current Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJDecember 29, 2014
Fun to work at the No. 1 financial news network with access to most any CEO, as CNBC is the place executives go when they'd like to give an interview.
Pros
Big company
Cons
Little upward mobility
Sharp, actionable financial news
Cross-Platform Producer (Current Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJNovember 18, 2014
CNBC offers some of the finest business journalism around, with depth, insight, personality and usefulness. Top-notch journalists create an incredible breadth of reportage on financial markets that serve individual investors and professionals as well.
Pros
Abundant talent, incredible resources, comfortable facilities
Cons
Long commute
Fast paced, live television environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lee, NJOctober 22, 2014
Learned a lot about the television industry. Fun place to work!
Pros
Consistent learning.
Cons
None.
Great experience working with CNBC
QA Analyst/Tester (Former Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJJanuary 17, 2014
It was awesome experience working with CNBC. It was great team I was working with. I have learned lots of new stuff while working with CNBC.
productive workplace that offers a lot of experience to new employees
Freelance Reporter (Current Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJDecember 1, 2013
I learned a lot about business journalism there, as well as the relationship between television and online journalism. NBC is doing a lot to improve its digital news section and it was an eye-opening experience to be part of that process.
Pros
on site gym
Cons
inconvenient location
Nice people fun atmosphere
Graphic Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJMay 19, 2012
This was suppose to be a learning experience. I didn't learn a lot because everyone was too busy to teach me.
Pros
great food in cafeteria
Cons
short deadlines, expect perfection