CNBC

CNBC Employer Reviews

productive workplace that offers a lot of experience to new employees
Freelance Reporter (Current Employee), Englewood Cliffs, NJDecember 1, 2013
Pros: on site gym
Cons: inconvenient location
I learned a lot about business journalism there, as well as the relationship between television and online journalism. NBC is doing a lot to improve its digital news section and it was an eye-opening experience to be part of that process.
Nice people fun atmosphere
Graphic Design Intern (Former Employee), Englewood Cliffs, NJMay 19, 2012
Pros: great food in cafeteria
Cons: short deadlines, expect perfection
This was suppose to be a learning experience. I didn't learn a lot because everyone was too busy to teach me.
Joined as Customer Support Executive (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHApril 27, 2014
Pros: flexible timings
Cons: poorly managed and no growth.
In Network18, People are really good. Always have fun to work here but lack of Management. I was from science background and so it was really difficult to understand certain terms and work culture but people here helped me a lot.
Co-workers are wonderful. There is nothing like hardest part. Always new work is an opportunity to prove yourself. Sometimes – more... to convince some customers is difficult but that's part of a job.
The best part of the job is you communicate with so many people and some of them become friends. – less
Great team
AUDIO AND VIDEO TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), South Africa, JohannesburgMarch 22, 2014
Pros: working hours are flexible
Cons: no cons
Everyone helps out and learn each other skills to improve on your own work. Like working with family. The management has a definite way they are moving forward in.
Sadly a very disorganized, unprofessional company.
Production Manager (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPOctober 10, 2013
Pros: it a job
Cons: huge staff turn - over
There is no structures, no succession planning, job security, huge staff turn over. No benefits, no salary increases. Staff members are unhappy. Can not trust management. Decisions are made unilaterally. Numerous CCMA cases for unfair dismissals.
Productive and Fun to workplace
Deputy Manager - Flash Department (Current Employee), mumbaiFebruary 8, 2013
. Some time too much pressure and some imes normal
. Learned connecting flash with other backend technology. Flash media server integration,Mobile development
. Management is not good
. Co-workers are good and supportive
. Hardest part of the job is to handle organisational politics
. Work
Productive and co-operative envoirment
assistant manager- communication operations (Former Employee), Noida ,IndiaFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: free snacks
Cons: nothing
working with CNBC was one of the best experience of life where I learned lots of things which enhanced my knowledge and skills.The senior management was always approachable and helpful.The colleagues I had were really co-operative.
Good co-workers and management
Freelance Director (Former Employee), London, ENGJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: excellent workplace
Cons: long hours
I really enjoyed CNBC. It was a challenging job where I learnt a lot. We were directing, vision switching, operating robotic cameras and timing out shows all at once. It was hard, but extremely rewarding.
Productive and fun
Business News Intern (Former Employee), SingaporeMay 18, 2012
• Assisted CNBC news producers with writing scripts for daily live business news programs
• Researched into stories and guests for content/program development
• Learned control room operations, which include tele-prompter, audio/news/visual system
• Cut videos with natural sound, edited and logged tapes
• Trained to write teases and headlines