CNH

CNH Employee Reviews

Poorly Managed
Floor Packer (Former Employee), lebanon, inJune 11, 2015
Management on every level is both poor and lazy. Equipment is poorly maintained, training is virtually non-existent, and mandatory overtime can be given with little to no notice. Good luck to temps actually getting hired on full time as well. Some have been there over a year and work super hard. The place is highly understaffed and new temps hardly ever stay as the environment is toxic.
Love the idea of riding all equipment pulling orders an doing it in a timely fashion.
Equipment operator (Former Employee), Doraville GaJune 9, 2015
A typical day at the office starts at 7;30 when we do our morning stretches. Getting loose an alert is one thing that was a must do for us at starting a shift. Checking equipment was always second, because no one wanted any injuries to occur in the work place.Management took pride in helping you in any way they could at making you job as easy as possible. The co-workers always chipped in when another needed a helping hand, with no problem. The hardest part about my job was leaving at the end of the day, when you've had so much fun with your co-workers an the teamwork that they share.
Toxic environment and poor / weak management
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee), Wichita - KSJune 2, 2015
Pros: Technical aspects of the job.
Cons: Lack of loyalty, poor / weak management, heavy handed management.
I enjoyed the technical aspects of the job but was inundated with a lot of (some frivolous) collateral responsibilities. Management is very heavy handed. It was not uncommon for employees to have their job threatened and be thrown under the bus. Salaried professionals were not treated like salaried professionals. Yearly reviews and achievement of goals were very subjective and used against the employees. I didn't trust my department manager any farther than I could throw him. The only way to survive in my department was to hold a key position or join the manager's clique. I honestly arrived at the point where I didn't care, dreaded going to work and felt it would be a blessing if they just fired me. It was time to leave and I'm so glad I did.
Poor mangement
Assembler (Former Employee), Sturtevant, WIMay 22, 2015
Great co-workers, but management was terrible. Hardly ever received bonuses. Poorly ran factory. Worked ourselves out of a job.
Good company to work for
Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee), Burr Ridge, ILMay 21, 2015
I believe CNH is a good company to work for. The benefits are very good. Pay is good. No raises. Normally 8 hour work day with hour lunch.
daily work
packager (Former Employee), Lebanon, INMarch 18, 2015
this was warehouse job, it was hot and sweaty all day! my coworkers were all different kinds, and the hardest part was learning the factory work!
Very bad selfish manager and senior
Design Engineer (Current Employee), Burr Ridge, ILMarch 6, 2015
Pros: bad manangers and directors
I worked this company. I think the manager and upper manager just want to kee their job secure and do not respect any engineer' job. No promotion and salary raise. Mangers and directors do not encourage hard work. They do not care about the company. They are just too selfish to keep their position and flatter the upper management. Always criticize the engieer's work and they think it will secure their job which is ridiculous.
CNH
Packer (Former Employee), Lebanon, INFebruary 6, 2015
i absolutely loved my job at CNH. You make friends their who want to guide you to be the best that you can be and achieve your goals. Everyone is friendly and you get along great with everyone. Work hard and work smart!
Fast paced work days
Picker/Packer Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Lebanon, INJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: promotions, overtime, good management, forklift certification
Cons: no benifits, people quit often leaving us short handed
This job was a very busy job. While I picked using the cherry picker, it was important that detail was a priority. It was important that we get the customers orders done that day. There were often times we had to work 12 hour shifts to insure we get it done. the training process was very detailed and helpful. Overall, this was a good environment to work in.
great place to work
Mechanical assembler (Former Employee), Goodfield, ILJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: pay/benefits
Cons: hard physical labor
world class equipment, safety standards are high, pay and benefits excellent, co-workers and management great to work with. Benefit in seeing your hard work pay off by seeing a great product, that customers around the world love.
Nice people and challenging position
Network Development Specialist (Former Employee), Racine, WIJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: nice people, challenging position
Cons: i was only there on contract
I enjoyed learning how to develop contract between CNH and new dealers.
a mature inviorment
Forklift operator (Former Employee), Lebanon, INDecember 21, 2014
Pros: papa johns on friday
Cons: health care sucked
It was a good job. A typical day at work is being on equitment and picking orders that needed to get shipped out, U learn a lot about patients in this job. Like when other people are picking in the same isle as u, u will have to wait till they are done. Some of the tickets that u get are high counts like 900, 2,000, in single packs that probly was the hardest part of that job. Most of the co-workers were really nice and pleasent to work with.
Busy with a lot of responsibility
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee), Racine, WIOctober 22, 2014
Pros: running the show, people i work with
Cons: benefits, hours
A typical day would consist of supervising over 15-20 employees per shift. Receiving orders by phone, email, WMS. Filling out the orders. Instructing employees. I've learned how to run inventory, inbound and outbound. Along with how to run a hoist. Scheduling on weekends and making adjustments with that. I am the only manager on my shift which can make it difficult to instruct everyone at the same time but it is also the fun part about my job because I can place employees according to their strengths. The most enjoyable part about my job is who I work with. I like working with the employees.
ok
data entry, excel, access (Former Employee), Greenville, TXOctober 7, 2014
fast paced, demanding,fun co-workers, lots of time management
Fun place to work
Fork truck operator (Former Employee), Lebanon, INOctober 6, 2014
I loved my job at CNH. The supervisors are all very easy going & easy to work with. I'd still be with the company if I would not have moved to another state. I learned how to drive all the equipment and certified. The hardest part of my job was lifting very heavy parts. I really don't have anything I didn't like about my job there. All the people I worked with were amazing.
No integrity, toxic mis-management
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee), Wichita, KSSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: good 401k if you last at least 3 years
Cons: no integrity, toxic mis-management
I would recommend not applying for work here. I will list reasons and provide examples. The examples are just that, these problems occurred mostly on a daily basis.

To the manufacturing manager who wrote the well written piece below from Aug 7, 2014, I recommend porting it to the CNH Industrial (search “CNH Industrial indeed” in Google to find) review page, CNH Industrial changed their name and links their job postings to that page. The people applying for those jobs need to read what you had to say.

To whoever manages this site, I recommend merging these reviews or at least porting the ones over that have been written after the name change as people are still posting here.

Extremely low integrity: Very high level manager acknowledged that high level managers below him were lying about important matters. This did not bother him. I had concerns about workload and management when I hired on and asked a high level manager about them. He lied to me then or I would not have hired on.

Toxic work environment: Management solely through negative reinforcement, seemingly without reason other than to dump stress. I was chewed on for half an hour for something that occurred months before I joined and was in a radically different area. Setting feet against new projects, feigning incompetence in the hopes of not getting involved, and stating “thats not my job,” has been beat into what should be a team. People actually hid so as to not be the first person that management saw.

Churning management, constantly told to reverse course: Was chewed out for not going to a meeting that I was invited – more... to while attending the meeting that conflicted (I was told to never bring a laptop into a meeting by the same manager, so there was no way to receive the new invite). The day before, I was told that the conflicting meeting that I attended was my highest priority (neither meeting was a pillar or safety meeting, which according to policy were highest).

One way communication: My last day, a manager was still making false statements to upper management about the function of a computer process that I had tried twice to straighten him out on. Once written, a computer program will only work a certain way, no matter how firmly you lie about it. Tool design was frequently forced on the floor without consideration for whether or not it was needed or even desirable, much less how it would be integrated into the overall processes and workload of the line. I was told to show the cost benefit of tools that were completely idle. Attempting to call attention to communication problems will lead shortly to a meeting with your management, being told how poor you are at your job and that the problem lies with you.

Plain ol’ mismanagement: We were in a budget crunch. I gave management my time requirements to complete a large mission critical task that I had prior expertise in. The standard contractor had made it clear that they did not want the work, as it was outside their scope. Even assuming that my time estimate was low by 50%, that I only worked 8 hr days (typically 11+ hour days not adding in beaks), and that corporate overburden adds an additional 200% to the cost of my pay, the contractors quote was about 4 times my quote (which was not cheap to begin with). I was chewed out for not insisting that the contractor do the work.

Very high turnover rate in my position. I was told that I would be the 5th in 4 years. I cannot verify. I urge you not to be number 6.

I will say, other departments did seem to have a better time of it – less
Great Benefits and overall pay was ok.
Inbound Supervisor (Former Employee), Lebanon, INAugust 15, 2014
Pros: great benefits.
Cons: poor upper management. poor training for managment.
Upper management is actually in the toilet. Not a good place for women or men of color to work. Office politics make it hard for us to compete for advancement positions. Need a complete overhaul of upper management and HR.
Don't even consider this company, please.
Senior manufacturing manager (Former Employee), Wichita, KSAugust 7, 2014
Pros: decent compensation and benefits package. 401k match and annual contribution
Cons: everything else. unless you are a masochist without a family or any values or integrity.
I have worked for several large OEM automotive and machinery manufacturers. I have worked in "shark infested" companies, and have a thick skin as a result. In manufacturing, a certain amount of "pressure" is to be expected. Managers can be expected to vent or be intense just because it's the nature of a fast paced, competitive, and metric driven environment. But, none come close to CNH in this respect. Perhaps, it's because none of the management team, with high turnover, that I worked with had ever worked for a company that was well run and successful in its day to day operations.
At CNH it is the norm (not plant location specific) for managers at all levels to treat their subordinates and hourly employees with contempt, constant abuse, lies, unrealistic expectations, and constant threats of termination. The performance review process is laughable. It is a forced distribution method that does not have any true impact on an employee's career, and completely subjective based upon political correctness rather than performance. It does not impact raises, because those DO NOT happen. In 7+ years, none of the salaried workforce received a raise of any kind unless it was associated with a promotion. Of course, most positions are filled from outside rather than promoting from within.
In addition to the constant abuse and threats, the hours and workloads are not commensurate with compensation or position. An average 8 hour day has 12 hours worth of expected output, usually above and beyond the duties associated with their position. Don't expect any overtime pay, but do expect to have – more... your job threatened if the smallest item isn't completed. (These statements are based on an analysis of several salaried positions from supervisor to operations manager.)
World Class Manufacturing is the company's choice for lean methodology. It is used primarily as a big stick to beat up hourly and salaried employees without any support or proper training. Additionally, it is the corporate dog and pony show comprised of falsified data and extraordinary expense immediately prior to audits to make plants "look" like the principles are practiced daily.
Safety is more about documentation and CYA for the company than for the protection and well being of the employees. For instance, machines were/are randomly, very quickly, and erratically moving and spinning whether or not an operator was using the drive controls. All of the expected meetings and failure mode analysis reviews were well documented every time an incident occurred. But, none of the corrective and protective actions identified were implemented. The safety manager initially stated he would insist that production of the machines in question would be stopped until a resolution was found. After a closed meeting with the plant manager and others via conference call, his "viewpoint" changed and production continued. This put employees, contractors, and customers at risk of serious injury or death on a daily basis. This problem has been ongoing for over 6 months and no resolution has been found yet.
Random shutdowns and overproduction mandates occurred frequently without any obvious reason or logical explanation. CNH also allows itself to be held captive by its supply chain, and fails to implement any chargeback or quality consistency requirements. The plant absorbs the costs and uses that as yet another reason to beat down the manufacturing departments who have to absorb the scrap and labor costs associated with quality problems.
If you have a choice, avoid CNH at all costs. If you do accept employment with them you will regret it almost immediately and you can plan on enduring unheard of stress levels while you age 5 years for every year you work there.
If you have any integrity at all this will be a very painful company to work for. – less
Under managed
Inbound Receive Associate (Former Employee), Lebanon, INJuly 22, 2014
Pros: reasonable hours
Cons: low pay, poor benifits, bad management
I worked as a temp for well over a year at CNH and there was little opportunity for advancement. It is a very unclean environment with poor management. They did not recognize associates and did not allow them to prove their work ethic. The hours were reasonable but the health benefits were way too expensive and offered little coverage. They pay was not worth the amount of work that was required from the employees and if any health issues were to occur while working there they would let the associate go do to their no fault policy..
blah place to work
Clutch Assembler (Former Employee), Sturtevant, WIJuly 17, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: time off
no free time its all about numbers, they don't care if you need off of work
Industry